Booneytoonz IX - Under The Sea -- Game Over!

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4197, Krazy wrote:
In post 4190, Firebringer wrote:Okay gamma. I got a long post for how much of a shit mod you are. Hold on its incoming.
Still think you tiltreplacing out over her not accepting your late nightkill was immature and I completely stand by Gamma's decision to not accept the kill.

Elsa was even on your team and even he saw your kill as way too late to be accepted.

But I'm glad you got that off your chest and made your position known, thanks for playing anyway Fire.
I mean it was tilt but i didn't even talk about it in the game. I made a vague post that i had to replace out due to what i pmed gamma and left. No one even knew and I took this to the mods.

Not sure the immaturity of my actions are really valid given that I don't want to play in games in which are badly modded. Is it immature to leave games because you aren't interested anymore?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean the deadlines are there for a reason but I see no reason we can't have a grace period. My rent is due today but we do have a 5 day grace period. The only slight issue I forsee is ppl are dumb that to many ppl might take advantage of the grace period.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:25 pm

Post by Firebringer »

well see the problem doesn't even exist if gamma was on time.
i would have no actioned because i didn't put it in on time, and then i fucked myself.

in my eyes the mod fucked up and then made his fuck up into fucking me over. for no other reason than "thems the rules", when gamma fucked his own rules by not doing shit on time.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4202, Firebringer wrote:well see the problem doesn't even exist if gamma was on time.
i would have no actioned because i didn't put it in on time, and then i fucked myself.

in my eyes the mod fucked up and then made his fuck up into fucking me over. for no other reason than "thems the rules", when gamma fucked his own rules by not doing shit on time.
But what if other people who had NAs and wanted to change them, didn’t do it because of the deadline? Couldn’t they complain that Gamma gave you special treatment?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4203, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4202, Firebringer wrote:well see the problem doesn't even exist if gamma was on time.

But what if other people who had NAs and wanted to change them, didn’t do it because of the deadline? Couldn’t they complain that Gamma gave you special treatment?
They could change their action too.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I have never not taken a night action in a game i modded because someone was just late with giving it to me. Unless I already processed the night and I am making the next the day post.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Don't alot of mods just do "this is the deadline but I'd be ok accepting a late action if I haven't started the day and I haven't already processed them."?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4206, Nero Cain wrote:Don't alot of mods just do "this is the deadline but I'd be ok accepting a late action if I haven't started the day and I haven't already processed them."?
You think this would be common practice right?
Its almost like mods want their players to play the game.
Show

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Post by Krazy »

Yeah but it's basically the mod's call whether to grant an extended window because night has not been broken. It's a matter of consistency and fairness to the different factions.

Would you accept a hammer on a scum player during the dayphase that otherwise would have defaulted to a no lynch?
Do you accept a night action from a town player that would have resulted on a guilty on a scum player if it is submitted late?

The answer to all of those questions should either all be yes or all be no. If you aren't granting town 'grace periods' during the dayphase, you should not be granting scum 'grace periods' during the night, and vice versa.

I understand that Fire is frustrated because the day did not break on time, but I respectfully disagree with his other accusations.
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4201, Nero Cain wrote:I mean the deadlines are there for a reason but I see no reason we can't have a grace period. My rent is due today but we do have a 5 day grace period. The only slight issue I forsee is ppl are dumb that to many ppl might take advantage of the grace period.
It’s up to the mod, some make that clear right from the getgo and do it for everybody and others, refuse to accept any late NAs. The thing is, it has to be clearly stated in the rules and applicable to everyone.

I understand Fire’s argument but it not only has to apply to everyone, everyone would have needed to be informed that a grace period was extended. So Fire can argue that Gamma could have made such an announcement but otherwise, no. - not without doing that first.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think I'm mostly with Fire but at the same time, I don't really fault Gamma or Krazy for not accepting a late action.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Yeah, some mods are super strict and some seem more laid back.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4208, Krazy wrote:Yeah but it's basically the mod's call whether to grant an extended window because night has not been broken. It's a matter of consistency and fairness to the different factions.

Would you accept a hammer on a scum player during the dayphase that otherwise would have defaulted to a no lynch?
Do you accept a night action from a town player that would have resulted on a guilty on a scum player if it is submitted late?

The answer to all of those questions should either all be yes or all be no. If you aren't granting town 'grace periods' during the dayphase, you should not be granting scum 'grace periods' during the night, and vice versa.

I understand that Fire is frustrated because the day did not break on time, but I respectfully disagree with his other accusations.
Yeah its up to the mod.
And I am calling gamma a bad mod.

Just because its up to them doesn't mean their actions are right.

No, I wouldn't accept a hammer on a player if it was late.
Yes, I would. I am not biased to one side or another. Playing favorites is not good modding at all.

Night and Day are two different things. Players drive the day phase. Mod runs the night phase. I don't see how you think those two are equal.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF, 2 week deadlines seem a bit much. Depends on the playbase I guess.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4209, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4201, Nero Cain wrote:I mean the deadlines are there for a reason but I see no reason we can't have a grace period. My rent is due today but we do have a 5 day grace period. The only slight issue I forsee is ppl are dumb that to many ppl might take advantage of the grace period.
It’s up to the mod, some make that clear right from the getgo and do it for everybody and others, refuse to accept any late NAs. The thing is, it has to be clearly stated in the rules and applicable to everyone.

I understand Fire’s argument but it not only has to apply to everyone, everyone would have needed to be informed that a grace period was extended. So Fire can argue that Gamma could have made such an announcement but otherwise, no. - not without doing that first.
I already said that gamma could have announced that Nancy. Keep up.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

done with this argument though.

good play by town.

just not playing in another gamma mod game.
Show

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4204, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4203, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

They could change their action too.
In post 4205, Firebringer wrote:I have never not taken a night action in a game i modded because someone was just late with giving it to me. Unless I already processed the night and I am making the next the day post.
If you state that in the rules, it’s fine. Imo, it’s a bit of a grey area. Wisdom could rightly argue that the game could have been compromised by doing that, since it completely changed his fate. If the mod says, you must submit it on time or it’s fine if the NAs haven’t been processed yet, which is essentially your argument. I think so long as either one is clearly stated by the mod, everyone would be fine with the decision.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Post by Krazy »

If the mod is offline, and day ends, the timer for day end does not change simply because the mod was offline. Saying that night actions should operate from a different principle is arguing that scum should have advantages during the night that town are not afforded during the day in terms of flexibility with deadlines.

If a hammer is late during the day, I would tell the mod to not accept the hammer. And for that reason, if a night action is submitted after the night action deadline, I tell mods not to accept the night action. I believe that consistency in rulings such as that is in the spirit of fair play.

You can argue that the dayphase is qualitatively different from night, but from the perspective of game operations, they are two phases that each have hard deadlines for the submission of actions. In that respect applying one standard to day and another standard to night would be undermining the integrity of the game.

Obviously you disagree, and you are welcome to disagree.
vote conspiracy
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by Vedith »

I think maybe the response didn't help the situation from Gamma.
I'm not sure where I stand on the whole "deadline is in stone" as I personally think it's down to the player to decide correctly in this time. I've had a few games where I don't even attempt a change because it's past the deadline.

I think if it was discussed better and Gamma explained the reasons or just showed an understanding to Fire it could have been avoided.
When a player is frustrated, having it seem that their opinion doesn't matter and brushed aside can just increase the tension.

As a whole I don't think not taking the kill is bad, just the approach and finalization.
Fire is well in right to be annoyed, but shouldn't let this one thing judge Gamma as a mod in a whole.

Plus Fire and Gamma are in my top 1,000 players here so seeing a disagree like this is upsetting.
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Vedith. If gamma only did this, I wouldn't be judging him as badly as the fact that Gamma gave 0 shits about this game and it showed. Like I would just think gamma has poor judgement but also now i think gamma doesn't give a shit about the game.

Everything was extraordinarily late. And the excuse "I was busy" doesn't exist. Gamma posted all over the site when she could have done stuff for this game.
Show

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4214, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4209, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

I already said that gamma could have announced that Nancy. Keep up.
I’m saying,
if she didn’t
, then it would have compromised game integrity to accept them if everyone was under the impression that no grace period existed. I’m saying UNLESS she announced it, she might have rightly gotten backlash from Wisdom.

It’s not about whether she COULD ot not, it’s whether she actually DID. And if she hadn’t, then she couldn’t have accepted any late NAs, if that was the the rule stated in the OP. I personally would have made an announcement itt granting a grace period but it’s Gamma’s right not to do that.

Most mods will grant extensions when asked and some mods (aka FG) are ludicrously rigid about that. As long as the mod makes their rules clear, that is the most important thing.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4218, Vedith wrote:Plus Fire and Gamma are in my top 1,000 players here so seeing a disagree like this is upsetting.
We have 1k players here? :igmeou:

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4217, Krazy wrote:If the mod is offline, and day ends, the timer for day end does not change simply because the mod was offline. Saying that night actions should operate from a different principle is arguing that scum should have advantages during the night that town are not afforded during the day in terms of flexibility with deadlines.

If a hammer is late during the day, I would tell the mod to not accept the hammer. And for that reason, if a night action is submitted after the night action deadline, I tell mods not to accept the night action. I believe that consistency in rulings such as that is in the spirit of fair play.

You can argue that the dayphase is qualitatively different from night, but from the perspective of game operations, they are two phases that each have hard deadlines for the submission of actions. In that respect applying one standard to day and another standard to night would be undermining the integrity of the game.

Obviously you disagree, and you are welcome to disagree.
If the mod doesn’t grant day extensions when asked, then I’d agree with this. I was thinking more along the lines of fairness to everyone who has NAs to submit. If some people believe the Night deadline to be set in stone and others expect it to be more fluid, then you’re going to have problems.

I have been in games, where I anticipated not being available during night phase and asked to have my NAs submitted in advance and most mods (not all) will agree to that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4221, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4218, Vedith wrote:
Plus Fire and Gamma are in my top 1,000 players here
so seeing a disagree like this is upsetting.
We have 1k players here? :igmeou:
Actually, that’s pretty funny. It’s kind of like saying, I’ll be getting together with 100 of my closest friends. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Nancy is my 42.

Fire is 313.

Chara is 111.

Aclem is 213

Jingle is 511

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”