False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 912, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:
Pink Ball(5)
~ (66), (29), (15), (44), (41)
Went and checked and of the six people involved here (if you include me), he's scumreading half of them with a forth as null. The only townreads are Joan and Almost50, with Robert as the null; Gamma, Vedith, and myself are all scumreads.

And incidentally.

How many of those reads were before the players in question pushed him?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 918, Torque wrote:Actually now that there's gonna be a Mastina counterwagon, I'll just out that Mastina's hood posts are faaaaaaaaaaaar better than the ones she have here and I've been like waiting forever for her to raise her thread presence (yes I do admit having good hood presence but not thread presence is a little worrying) but I think when she does, she'll spew her alignment pretty well. take this information however you will
Ehhh actually I'd say that to an untrained eye they're better but to trained mastina people the 'hood posts are ten times worse than my content in here because...well.

They're content in there. :P

When I said in the 'hood that I'd mostly be shitposting in there, that was my expectation because that's what I do as town...except I didn't, and ended up doing actual game content. Might be time to share that, I'll give myself an iso parse to see if it's time to do that; kinda feel like it might be.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 924, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Mastina-chan you should join us on Vedith-kun
In post 923, mastina wrote:
In post 880, singletonking wrote:mastina, since you're scumreading Vedith and Pink Ball, why aren't you voting either?
You apparently didn't read right if you thought I was scumreading Vedith.
In post 656, mastina wrote:Vedith is, by far, the weakest, in that while I didn't think SSBF's content was good, I lack the meta familiarity to give context for his play, and Vedith here is harder to read but vaguely gives off some :goodvibes: overall. He's a compromise read more than anything else.
In post 654, mastina wrote:
In post 652, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Mastina, would you like to join our team and put your vote on Vedith?
Honestly my hopes aren't high that he'd be scum. Quite the opposite I kinda think he's town. I'll vote there to get a lynch, especially since we don't
need
to use every day on our deadline (it's a week away), but I just kinda feel like.
And my only reason to really vote Vedith is to get that lynch now, to end the day earlier rather than later.
So it's not that I won't join you, it's that I just would prefer not to.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Clemency »

i'm glad everyone just ignores my mad rambles
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Clemency »

i could claim scum in one of these and everyone would just gloss over
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 925, mastina wrote:
In post 912, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:
Pink Ball(5)
~ (66), (29), (15), (44), (41)
Went and checked and of the six people involved here (if you include me), he's scumreading half of them with a forth as null. The only townreads are Joan and Almost50, with Robert as the null; Gamma, Vedith, and myself are all scumreads.

And incidentally.

How many of those reads were before the players in question pushed him?
I'm not scumreading Vedith, and I started scumreading you and Gamma when I replaced in. You were pushing Alisae, not me. Misrep at it's finest
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

UNVOTE: mastina

I changed my mind, by the way. mastina is probably just playing shit, but town. I don't see a scum agenda coming from her anymore
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 852, mastina wrote:
In post 849, Pink Ball wrote:I have no PMs from you in my main :lol:
Nor would you, if my guess was right. :shifty:
I'm so confused with this.
In post 929, Clemency wrote:i could claim scum in one of these and everyone would just gloss over
You must be crazy.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Chito and Yuuri »

In post 929, Clemency wrote:i could claim scum in one of these and everyone would just gloss over
Is scum your flavor name?
-Yuuri
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Torque »

Mastina do you mind casing Cerb slot or something or have some sort of meta from him I can read through because i respect that thats where you want to lynch but it's a useless vote if you don't do something about it

I don't hate voting there but quite happy with the Vedith vote currently
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Torque »

I also want to point out Gamma never voted Pink Ball and her vote is on joan of arc which is from a billion years ago
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Torque »

In post 921, Clemency wrote:i wanna claim my character so i can use gifs of my character
i claimed my character first post *shrug*
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by mastina »

Worth mentioning; I'm about 80% roleclaimed to my 'hood right now. Left out some details but it's mostly all out there. The Informed, the details of what I know, was what I shared first, but respectfully, that's one thing that
should
stay in the 'hood. I don't think my forwardness with my role really made me a townread there (if anything, the opposite), and my role certainly isn't an inherently town one, so it's not something which would paint bias.

What would, would be the content there, mostly in the form of reads, which were documented with evolution.

At the end of January,
Clemency
Drixx
Torque
Elena Fisher
BulletNLynchproof
Chito and Yuuri
Toogeloo
Robert2424
Flavor Leaf
Spike and Jet
Dunnstral
Almost50
Gamma Emerald
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Near x Mello
Asking for a friend
Joan of Arc
Reasonably Psychotic

This was my readslist. I clarified that I believed both miller claims, but didn't think that made them
inherently
town--because Tatsuya with Varsoon would be a mod to include a mafia miller, which mhsmith (who wouldn't do that himself) wouldn't stop them from doing. As such, I treated the claims as 100% truthful, but also 100% null. I then outlined that I townread Clemency, with BNL - to - Spike (or SSBF) being my nullzone; this was the first instance of me mentioning that my nullreads are disproportionately high on my readslist.

I clarified that Spike and above were my "don't want to lynch these yet", with Dunnstral-SSBF as "players I'd compromise-lynch".

Below SSBF you got the actual scumreads. For Asking for a friend, I was convinced that it was actually the worst posting that, and that it was him as scum. Joan, my vote was a joke based off of the signup thread (where I said I was a mason with Clemency and that Joan had scumslipped), but her in-game content especially her response to my vote made me think that she was genuinely scum. And Reasonably Psychotic, I pegged as essentially-soulread scum.

I promised to post it as soon as possible, with my reasons not to being that I was waiting for people to give me reactions to my antics, as much as possible, including the for real mason claim.

I engaged with Torque on said readslist; I insisted it was the worst who posted the entrance for the hydra, said I didn't know Joan's main (because at the time I didn't) and didn't care because I was reading things as I was seeing them, and said my readslist would be public within 48 hours. (Well...better late than never?)

The next day, starting February, I post to the neighborhood that I figured out Joan's main, that I once knew how to read her and had a tell but have since forgotten what it was. (Which, annoyingly, still persists. I used to have a tell to read her, but I still can't remember what it was and it might be lost to the depths of time permanently.) I laid out some generic facts about her; not as simple as active/not active although she does tend to be more active as one alignment, tends to be a little OMGUSy regardless of alignment (I'm actually proud of you Joan that this trait isn't visible this game!), she tends not to have fairly good language comprehension (I appreciate you, Joan, but you are prone to misunderstanding things <3), and said that if her identity was known everyone could be my sounding board for her, since most people have experience with her.

That generated a small change in my readslist:
Clemency
Torque
Elena Fisher
Drixx
Chito and Yuuri
BulletNLynchproof
Spike and Jet
Morality
Robert2424
Dunnstral
Almost50
Gamma Emerald
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Toogeloo
Joan of Arc
Near x Mello
Asking for a friend
Reasonably Psychotic

I then told Torque that they were right that they didn't deserve to be so high, again emphasizing that my readslist is fairly deceptive from the utter lack of a town core.
I had, and have, scumreads; I had, and have, nullreads; most players fell into the category of "not scumreading them" without much more yet not being nulls. I clarified for the first time that Clemency's a mid-tier townread (in spite of being my strongest townread); in a different game, he'd be second or third tiered town, it's just that this game made him top tier due to shitty read quality.

Torque is a step below at weak townread (in spite of being second strongest), and would be a tier below Clemency. Elena was a nulltown read, even lower than that.

In that same post, having seen that Joan said she was trying to better herself, the last reason I had to be suspicious of her faded, producing this as a readslist:
Clemency
Torque
Elena Fisher
Drixx
Chito and Yuuri
BulletNLynchproof
Spike and Jet
Morality
Robert2424
Joan of Arc
Dunnstral
Almost50
Gamma Emerald
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Toogeloo
Near x Mello
Asking for a friend
Reasonably Psychotic

In a follow-through post, I tried to break them down into tiers, but I stressed very hard that I absolutely LOATHED the idea.
Clemency

Torque

Elena Fisher
Drixx

Chito and Yuuri

BulletNLynchproof
Spike and Jet
Morality
Robert2424
Joan of Arc
Dunnstral
Almost50

Gamma Emerald
Super Smash Bros. Fan

Toogeloo

Near x Mello

Asking for a friend
Reasonably Psychotic

Chito/Yuuri I explained as being an ambivalent null with some town and some bad, with more good than bad.
The pile is a combination of nulls and "not scumreading".
Gamma and SSBF were weakly nullscum, as in "could be scum but are mostly null because probably aren't".

Toogeloo began the scumreads, with me pointing out that his entrance reeked of being scum. I admitted that my meta on him is a bit stale, which was the only reason he wasn't much, much lower on the list.

Near/Mello as a scumread has remained much the same the entire game: given that this is a hydra of WISDOM and KOKICHI OMA, their entire presence here is incredibly lackluster. (For a start, I'd expect them to have the highest post count, bar none, given that BOTH heads are prolific posters. They have a respectably high post count, one of the highest, but it's spread across two heads who should have that amount if not double BY THEMSELVES,
yet alone
, as a hydra of both. But there's also the content OF the posts.)

The Asking for a Friend scumread came from me not buying their posting as coming from a town-them. I explained it as a hypothesis that they rolled scum, and got sick of having rolled scum, so they tried whatever would work to make their alignment not be so miserable. (And when that failed, essentially ragequit because it was just Not Worth It.)

And later that day, I called Cerb a sleazeball. (Sorry if that word offends you, but I meant it as basically "dirty rotten scumbag" in being an obvious scum ploy essentially.) I even joked on rallying the troops, asking if I was the only one finding Cerb's request to verify the mason claim skeevy.

Then come February 5th, and we get me being in a bit of a rut: I was fully lucid and awake, but glossing over the thread as I read it. Nothing in my readslist was changing at all. I was doing nothing, even though I knew I needed to be doing something.

Super Smash Bros. Fan/Vedith
Toogeloo
Near x Mello
Asking for a friend/Pink Ball
Reasonably Psychotic

I said I'd vote any of those names, and that while I'd try to talk and engage and be constructive, I wasn't sure I could manage it.

On the 6th, my readslist was thus:
Clemency
Torque
Spike and Jet
Elena Fisher
Drixx
Chito and Yuuri
singletonking
Morality
Robert2424
Joan of Arc
Dunnstral
Almost50
Gamma Emerald
Super Smash Bros. Fan/Vedith
Asking for a friend/Pink Ball
Near x Mello
Toogeloo
Reasonably Psychotic

With the top three interchangeable at this point, with me now more comfortable calling Torque town.

On that same day, I went into my Pink Ball scumread in some detail. Basically, nothing the hydra did made me townread the slot; quite the opposite. I didn't want to be a dick about it, but as I indicated above, I outlined why I thought the replace-out was indicative of scum, frustrated at knowing the infuriating antics of the town players came from town players with the worst burned out from having played so many recent scumgames.

Then I outlined what you can call my first case on Pink Ball; he took abnormally long in his entrance to gather thoughts...and gave no reasoning whatsoever. I insisted his excuse was nothing more than that, since Drixx nailed it when stating giving reasons showing read progression is beneficial, something Pink Ball (an alt of a more experienced scummer) would definitely know.

The lack of reasons is something that is stupendously self-evident; hiding reasons makes it easier to fake reads, giving you more time to justify reads. Fitting reasons to the reads (what scum do) is easier if you hold out on giving the reasons for as long as is humanly possible, giving you time to compile, to justify, your stances that would normally be easily exposed as shitty stances fitting reasons to reads.

My go-to reference for Pink Ball is his performance here. He metadived players he wasn't familiar with and went out of his way to provide reasons the moment the RVS was ended--and actually played a huge part in ending said RVS in the first place.

That's the important stuff from there, Torque, unless you want to add anything I missed.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 930, Pink Ball wrote:I'm not scumreading Vedith
What's this, then?
In post 913, Pink Ball wrote:@Vedith you probably are scum after all
That seems like a pretty blatant scumread to me!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 934, Torque wrote:Mastina do you mind casing Cerb slot or something or have some sort of meta from him I can read through because i respect that thats where you want to lynch but it's a useless vote if you don't do something about it
Oh I hold no illusions about getting a Cerb lynch today. My vote's more of a statement than anything; the longer I can keep it there, the clearer my intent to follow through there will be. I don't have the energy to case him today (and by that I mean this day phase), to be honest; some things are just...more fatiguing than other things.

He's my strongest scumread, but I don't think I could ever get a lynch there on D1. If I had some support
prior to
me writing the case, then writing the case to get others on board with the idea would be worth it. But with no support prior to the case, even if I write the case, it won't garner the support necessary.

My efforts would be better spent casing Toogeloo or maybe, maybe, MAYBE Near x Mello. A Cerb scumteam pretty much never nightkills me N1 (frankly I'd be flabbergasted if a Cerb scumteam did; it
might
have happened
once
--need to double-check that--but if so that game's the exception to the general rule where he doesn't), so it's not a high-priority thing for me. I can write the case on any day prior to my nightkill, and I generally have a fairly decent sense of when I'll die.

I'm not gonna die N1 this game (unless to a lolvig), so I can afford to wait. Now, for players like Toogeloo though, I'd be happy to case them, though I don't have the energy to case him today (and by that I mean real life day). Cases are fatiguing regardless of on whom. A Cerb case is ten times more fatiguing than a Toogeloo case, but a Toogeloo case still is too much for me to manage today. (Did you know that Saturdays are
supposed
to be my rest day? My day off? I used to have a permanent V/LA on weekends where I wouldn't post much if I posted at all. There's good reason for that; I get burned out easily if I don't take the time off.)
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

Mastina, one thing immediately jumped out at me in your post, and though I do not want you to confirm or deny this, unless part of what you're informed of is the membership of the hood you're in, information you've shared there can easily end up elsewhere. I know you're not an idiot, but I am a bit concerned.

Also I'm sad you came back because I was considering a lol vote to see what pressure on you in your absence resulted in.*shrug* For the record, Mastina being town is pretty probable here. Scum!mastina is aware of the parallels between her play in SU1 and here, and is doing so to sub/consciously get those of us who saw her there and are intimately familiar with those events(Drixx,Xtoxm, and myself) to see those parallels and view her favorably. I find it unlikely that she couples that particular line, the subtle manipulation of our opinions of her, with a blatant push on any of the three of us.

The fact that she knows a lynch on a slot I'm occupying on D1 is unlikely is the *only* reason why I have any doubt about my town read on her.

-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Torque »

@mastina I gotchu. I'm sorry for having you write so much on your day off.

I don't have much to add in terms of what happened in the hood, thats pretty much what happened in there. I'm actually incredibly enjoying how active the hood is in the beginning despite saying we shouldn't say anything in it and absolutely LOVE the clarity of your reads and what's been happening on your mind. I don't necessarily agree with some of them, for example A50 is one of my biggest townreads and I'm not scumreading Pink Ball.
(for clarity, I don't have a read there other than null. Frankly I didn't bother trying to read Alisae. I mean the biggest motivation for me to playing Mafia is to just have fun and well, ya know, just shitposting and interacting with Ali is fun. And I do agree with your point on Pink Ball lacking explanation on initial reads and after he was pushed to explain the reads on myself and Elena, those are bloody awful. After he was fully caught up though, I think how his catch up and some posts right after that, while not as game advancing as the game you posted, I did like them and it can be pretty hard to go beyond and try to metadive players and whatever, thats just too much work. Oh I think Alisae would just dick around as both alignments because in the sign up thread he kinda just joined because of people keeping asking him to.)
I do get the idea that you have a very wide wolf range and it worries me that it took you this long to do what you said you would do in the main thread, otherwise I'd be like, BAM, Mastina is a villager lets fucking go. Even though I feel like I'm kind of just... relying on your reads and keep expecting more things to come out from you, not that you hasn't done enough but its like... I don't know wtf I'm doing sometimes, being away from mafia for like a year or something and sometimes it feels like, yeah I have townreads but my scumreads keep switching from people to people and it feels very different like actually was somewhat tunnel-ly and I just dunno, do I just suck now?

Anyway all of that should probably went into the hood but it's already typed out, whatever. I realized there's only like 4 days left and we don't have plurality, apparently. If you want to go ham on this thread with me after your day off, then lets do it and get that lynch. We even have a hood to use \o/

The list of people I want to lynch is something like {Vedith, Gamma, Near x Mello, RP, Drixx, Pink Ball} and my Pink Ball read is similar to your Vedith read where it's kind of a townread but uhhh not really but would comprise if I have to. But even you will have to admit people who are voting Vedith are much more villagery then the people voting Pink Ball. If you need me to, I can case Vedith in the hood or main thread if that's what it would take to get you to vote there
. If you can convince me Toogeloo or whatever is scummier than I think they are then, sure I'm an optimistic person and will try to make the unlikely lynch happen.

*yeah I think I might get N1'ed lol looking at peoples reads and whatever*

alright i'm off too friend's been waiting to watch mha movie with me
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh nice so my suspicions that mastina was scumreading my predecessors and has seen everything coming from me as scum just because of that is true. Nice thing to replace in and not get a chance to get read by what I have done instead of what Alisae did.

I already said like ten times that I wasn't going to explain my reads until I was caught up and I had no time that day 'cause my gf left to the US on monday and I spent the entire day with her and didn't want to distract myself with a game I wasn't even playing at that time. So yeah, I'm tired of this bullshit, I'm not going to put more effort into this so be free to lynch me, I don't give a fuck
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 935, Torque wrote:I also want to point out Gamma never voted Pink Ball and her vote is on joan of arc which is from a billion years ago
I made a vote that confused the scrubber and by the time I noticed I wanted to vote Pink Ball anyway.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

Mastina (if town) would know that the hood could be compromised. I don't think it makes much sense to say any more on that line of thinking atm.

I
am
a bit concerned with Mastina slot but it's going to be another 18 hours before I have time to post seriously.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Post by Clemency »

i'm gonna do it
i'm gonna claim it
i'm gonna do the big meme
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Post by singletonking »

In post 909, singletonking wrote:Keeping in mind I’m like 20 pages behind
Correction: It looks like I'm 30 pages behind :P
On indefinite hiatus from playing Mafia.
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 pm

Post by singletonking »

In post 220, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:@BNL: Confirmation or rejection of mastina's mason claim is pretty much mandatory at this point.
FWIW, I didn't respond to this as claiming/denying this is unnecessary at this point and unnecessarily gives scum information
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Post by singletonking »

Also someone asked me how my miller works: I investigate unfavourably to alignment checks
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:29 pm

Post by singletonking »

In post 285, Drixx wrote:I can't really imagine a world where Mastina lists me as a near top town read on so few posts.
Is this your first game with Mastina?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”