he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13850 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 13848, Ankamius wrote:menalque let's play another game sometime

I'm kinda curious about your style now
I'd be down for that but I don't think this game is a good example of my style for all the reasons listed above
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13851 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Menalque »

Also, re: balance. I think the setup as originally set-up was mildly scum-sided due to the unrealistic expectation that town would be sensible enough to not madly pursue fruit. However, I think that jinglenet meant that in the end the game ended up balanced.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #13852 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Pine »

The Temptation of Menalque (tm) is the only time I used Jinglenet for attempted mechanical advantage.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13853 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 13849, Menalque wrote:God, I played like fucking trash this game. Sorry to literally everyone on town but especially gamma, fb, and Ali.

I'm honestly just frustrated with myself about what feels like a long series of bad decisions culminating in the game losing vote, alongside a total failure to prosecute anything that I was actually right on in the game, or even to really push it mostly.

I think scum played very well, so I guess the reason I was upset is it just felt like I fucked up one thing after another this game.
you're being too hard on yourself.
Wrong SRs on chicka/ank early on.
this isn't necessarily a bad thing, in my case specifically you don't actually know how I play the game or that reading me is... weird. that's the kind of thing you need experience in

and really, perfect d1 reads is honestly more a detriment than a benefit in a lot of cases so having some incorrect reads d1 isn't a bad thing if you can make up for it by self-correcting later in the game
Missing ank's crumb.
just about everybody did, and that's mainly because I specifically played to make it not obvious. it really didn't help that the player with the most (recent) insight into how I play was also scum.
Not trying to push back against DGB/think about that more critically.
Getting locked into an idiotic SR on pops and Titus.
recognizing the difference between your good and bad reads is one of the best possible things you can have as a skill in this game, at least this is how I improved my read strength over time
Not pushing PP hard enough.
be careful with this, sometimes forcing lynches through is necessary but it's almost always a last resort
Thinking both the masons were plausibly scum.
this is a GOOD thing, having the masons be in nullscum territory was the perfect spot for them as long as the gamestate didn't hit a point where simplifying the game by flipping nulls is the optimal choice
Not being able to parse the WIFOM from Pine's deal correctly.
idk why this would ever be a good idea in the first place tbh
Voting mastina despite thinking she was town because I thought that resolving the issue would help the gamestate enough for it to be worth losing one town considering I wasn't certain about her.

not necessarily a bad thing, but the issue was more if she needed to be resolved before flipping bodyguard, it had to be done d2. she got lynched way too late in the game for it to have any benefit to the gamestate at all
Right that PB's interactions were off with me but let that go and allowed him to pocket me by halfway through the game, despite knowing that my early reads are often better than my late game ones.
Noticing that things were weird between dann/krazy but not really pushing it.
you have a sharp intuition, pay attention to it
Mislynching fb.
Casting that vote on gamma when I knew that dann was more likely scum, I just didn't really think that gamma could genuinely think that pine's deal was theatre.
the game was fucked before either of these lynches happened, I think both of these lynches were inevitably going to happen no matter what by that point in the game.
I appreciate people saying that this was a hard game or that I played decently, but I just think that up to my own standards I was really subpar here. I think I'm ready to engage with the thread again, and would welcome any feedback if people are willing to provide it for me.
honestly, I think the game was out of your hands

town had too many disadvantageous things happen early on in the game and the way it progressed was always going to be an issue for people to get anything concrete done until it was too late.

there's not really anything you can do about that unless you have the ability to bend people out of their tunnels, which is a rare enough ability in of itself, but I think the specific names in play would've made it basically impossible for anybody to stop once it got going

and since that gamestate was allowed to fester for so long, it's legitimately hard for people to see the game from a non-biased lens and so it's a massive uphill battle to get anything done from there

shrug
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #13854 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Pine »

You did fine, Menalque. In particular, you were pretty Towny and made several solid critical choices. Being defeated in honorable battle is no shame.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #13855 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 13854, Pine wrote:You did fine, Menalque. In particular, you were pretty Towny and made several solid critical choices. Being defeated in honorable battle is no shame.
this yeah

you played well, menaphos, also ilu
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #13856 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Pine

why didn't you just listen to my list to find the masons?

I told you

it was GreyICE

and one of Katsuki and Maria.

:(
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #13857 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Pine »

Oh I did. Grey and Kats were top suspects, and we shot Grey N1 because of it. The Great Mason Hunt was a POE effort to confirm and find the other one.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #13858 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 13857, Pine wrote:Oh I did. Grey and Kats were top suspects, and we shot Grey N1 because of it. The Great Mason Hunt was a POE effort to confirm and find the other one.
It was obviously a PoE of 2

is what I was saying.

Maria was suspected too after D2

you could have shot Katsu n2 easily
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #13859 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Pine »

Yawwwwn

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #13860 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Spoiler: Long Rant Ignore if you don't want #drama
Okay so this game honestly all falls on Alisae and his masonry plays.

I am not gonna say that as FUCK HIM AND HIS MASONS THEY SUCK AND DESERVE IT. But take that takeaway if you want, idc.

I am saying that because alisae and his masons made the calls on everything that we eventually did. We followed him, for better or worse. Should we have not? I don't think so and I pushed against that and it caused a lot of town apathy which is my fault for engaging in, but we shouldn't have followed alisae and my own fault is for allowing myself and game to just apathy follow him. We pushed for what alisae wanted throughout the game and any time it came into contention it falled flat onto alisae and I think as something_smart said the game really encourages us heavily into sheeping alisae which is okay depending on alisae approach that leadership and I don't think it was good for a fun game. It was alisae game featuring these other people.

We could have had a game where alisae lead the game and was working with everyone to figure out the best course of action, and sometimes it seemed like alisae was going in that direction, but he was only paying lipservice to that. In the end as I said days ago when we were lynching penguinpower, if we succeed it was because of alisae and if we fail its because of alisae. It was not much of a team effort, except what was going on in the masonry thread which is the reasons we got LLD lynch and mastina lynch. Obviously one being a great boon for the game.

I don't want to say this and just get "ohh ur just shirking ur own problems with how you played" but like. I think the only critiscism to my play wouldn't have changed the outcome? Maybe it would have avoided my own mislynch by not being as much of a dick. Sure, could have. That might have saved alisae a mislynch. I just think all the decisions fell on him, we let him. If you want to throw blame on people and don't want to blame alisae you should blame people for following alisae because it was alisae decisions we all sheeped. I blame myself for sheeping to town mislynches mastina/chennisden. DGB I think was only one I am not 100% right now if was alisae pushing for but she pushed for own lynch. Which I thought "yeah this is a mislynch" and still went for.

So I guess, whose at fault, the leader or the followers. Did we give the leader too much or did the leader ask to much and should have done more to work with his allies instead of asking so much. I am in the second camp more so than the first but see the first merits because I came into direct conflict with alisae throughout the game and should have known better than to give in but I did. All the while by adding toxicity onto the pile which I could have done more diplomatically if I was gonna disagree with the decision making going on.

Anyways. That's all. This was alisae game and I think any unfun from it was because of alisae approach to it, if you had fun good for you and I hope to play with anyone who really enjoyed this game.

Wooper was the best at the diplomatic disagreements and deserves a lot of praise for his good reading and not creating the toxicity I did when he did push against the game. Mena was very cleary town and even though I don't think his reads were great or he had a good way of solving was doing fine for a town player here. MariaR and Dunn were being lazy.

Also pops was great.

I loved the scum team, they were all fun. Except for Pine who was a bad tree and is why I took over his scum team.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #13861 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Pine »

Dude

Firebringer

Fuck off

You are really crossing a line here

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #13862 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Nope
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #13863 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 13852, Pine wrote:The Temptation of Menalque (tm) is the only time I used Jinglenet for attempted mechanical advantage.
Wait what was Jinglenet
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13864 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Fire brings something fair up but I also feel like he should realize this is the second time he’s been lynched for a certain pattern of behavior.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #13865 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 13864, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think Fire brings something fair up but I also feel like he should realize this is the second time he’s been lynched for a certain pattern of behavior.
I don't mind getting lynched that much.
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #13866 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm joining team Firebringer

Alisae was trash and e is single handedly responsible for this loss and e should admit that e is solely responsible for all town losses on this site
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13867 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Can I blame Katsuki as well fire is that allowed
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #13868 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 13866, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm joining team Firebringer

Alisae was trash and e is single handedly responsible for this loss and e should admit that e is solely responsible for all town losses on this site
FUCK TEAM FIREBRINGER

I AM JOINING TEAM SEAL
In post 13867, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can I blame Katsuki as well fire is that allowed
no katsuki is the best mason
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13869 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 13865, Firebringer wrote:
In post 13864, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think Fire brings something fair up but I also feel like he should realize this is the second time he’s been lynched for a certain pattern of behavior.
Well I mind when you waste mislynches for town by being an ass
<Embrace The Void>

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #13870 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 13869, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 13865, Firebringer wrote:
Well I mind when you waste mislynches for town by being an ass
I like my ass tho
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13871 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm not recording this game as a loss btw Alisae literally gamethrew I reported em for every offense on the list + unskilled player
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13872 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:32 pm

I too like Firebringer's ass
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #13873 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 13871, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not recording this game as a loss btw Alisae literally gamethrew I reported em for every offense on the list + unskilled player
wow this is crossing a line imo
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #13874 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

not the reporting alisae part btw, the not recording this game.
that's fucking uncalled for
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”