Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:52 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1401, iamausername wrote:
In post 1367, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1360, iamausername wrote:for the record, before Starbuck dropped her revelation, i was thinking a lynchpool of {Blair, Puppy, Morning Tweet, iamausername} was a very reasonable way for the day to go, following yesterday's events, with Blair being the choice from that pool that i'd be backing. i reread overnight in light of Auro's flip, and Blair very much comes off as scum expecting the day to drift inexorably to a VP Baltar lynch and panicking when ABR pulled the rug out from under her.
why blair? if blair was scum she could have done a lot more to push vpb instead of passively sitting by, do you think blair is the kind of person who would let a scummate die by passively sitting by? i kinda want to meet this alternate reality blair, she sounds nice :P
'passively sitting by' accurately describes Blair's behaviour right up until the point ABR shifted momentum from VPB to Auro, at which point Blair was suddenly very eager to push an ABR wagon.

i'm saying she was happy to let a
town
player (VPB) die by passively sitting by, where i think a town Blair who didn't think VPB or Auro were scum would have done a lot more to push, like, any alternative well before that point.

anyway, all of this is immaterial right now because we're either lynching Porkens or farside today.

VOTE: farside

is the one that stuck out the most to me in iso reads. it's like "hey buddy, here's what you need to do so i have an excuse to get off your wagon". her iso in general gives the impression that she really wants to vote for Auro but really doesn't want Auro to actually be lynched.
while Porkens iso, in general, gives the impression that he doesn't know what the fuck to think.

and i know which one i can relate to more as a town mindset.
Fos: iamausername
In post 1430, Green Crayons wrote:My problem was that he seemed to be suggesting that he wanted farside to flip (presumably expecting scum, per his vote), but then also still wanted investigations into Porkens and Starbuck.

I think 1411 cleared that up as a no.
This is what makes no sense about Clap at all. It serves as a waste of resources, unless clap wants to explain why she thinks thats necessary with a good reason.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: Porkens
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1446, Porkens wrote:Hey farside. I didn’t say you said you were ghosting - I said it was a good setup to ghost, but I’m glad you are not.

So the info you have makes starbuck look town. Hmm. What % confidence would you place in that?
My info is not like hers. It does say vt and in the pm it says i know x info in the game.
In post 1449, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1445, farside22 wrote:Just an fyi i had some info too, which was why I believed star. My info helps scum more then town tbf.
would revealing this information make it more likely we believe you to be town?

or are you planning on taking it to the grave?
Yes I will. I'm not good with helping scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1451, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Porkens
Reck do you think I make myself look that scummy for a 0 chance to save auro as scum?
Do you think I make up that long post explaining my actions from whole cloth?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i don't know one of you is scum it could be either of you i don't really care either way

i do think your first line is wifom and your second line is self meta so i dont feel swayed
green shirt thursdays
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1452, farside22 wrote:
In post 1446, Porkens wrote:Hey farside. I didn’t say you said you were ghosting - I said it was a good setup to ghost, but I’m glad you are not.

So the info you have makes starbuck look town. Hmm. What % confidence would you place in that?
My info is not like hers. It does say vt and in the pm it says i know x info in the game.[/vote]

In the event that I am lynched first, when I flip town, how would you suggest the town proceed?

P.edit rec, you are not addressing the substance of either issue and just say “wifom” and “self meta.”

In your view I fought against the leading wagon, trying to get ABR lynched, which was an impossibility, and quickhammered because I was counting on the wifom to look town. Wouldnt it have looked more town to just keep my fucking mouth shut when I was townread?

As for self meta, can you say with a straight face that you read it with any attention? I explained in detail my thought process and my emotional state. That is not self meta. I talked about my meta but I was not saying at any point “this is what I always do let me get away with it”. I y’all you step by step through why I did what I did. Read it carefully and tell me you think I could make that up.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

My info is not like hers. It does say vt and in the pm it says i know x info in the game.
In post 1445, farside22 wrote:Just an fyi i had some info too, which was why I believed star. My info helps scum more then town tbf.

Is this info helpful at all to town or just to scum?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

At farside:
In post 1455, Porkens wrote:

In the event that I am lynched first, when I flip town, how would you suggest the town proceed?

At rec:
P.edit rec, you are not addressing the substance of either issue and just say “wifom” and “self meta.”

In your view I fought against the leading wagon, trying to get ABR lynched, which was an impossibility, and quickhammered because I was counting on the wifom to look town. Wouldnt it have looked more town to just keep my fucking mouth shut when I was townread?

As for self meta, can you say with a straight face that you read it with any attention? I explained in detail my thought process and my emotional state. That is not self meta. I talked about my meta but I was not saying at any point “this is what I always do let me get away with it”. I y’all you step by step through why I did what I did. Read it carefully and tell me you think I could make that up.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by AGar »

@CLAP
, re: - Why?

is the kinda stuff I like to see.
In post 1285, Starbuck wrote:I can get behind that MT vote, too. I just think her calling Porkens obvtown along with his push onto an ABR counterwagon is suspect AF.
This is inconsistent with later posting? If you've got this 50/50 that you felt necessary to bring today (I'm fine with D2 vs. D1), why are you prodding outside of it? 1-for-1 is always a transaction that benefits town, so it feels like you should be dead-set on Porkens or Farside. Also, 1306 is an awkward presentation of the information? Idk, it's all just weird to me. I think there's no way this play comes from scum but I also just, y'know, have questions.
In post 1299, Porkens wrote:Do you think I would lynch my tracker?
Scum tracker ain't all that powerful? It's a strictly worse rolecop or vanilla cop within the context.

Agree with . Disagree with .

Porkens' posting today just makes me more comfortable with farside.
In post 1360, iamausername wrote:and Blair very much comes off as scum expecting the day to drift inexorably to a VP Baltar lynch and panicking when ABR pulled the rug out from under her.
My re-read gave me the same feeling.

Yeah this is a town post.

lol @ the last line of

Re-read really set off pings for farside anyway. 's second half felt very song-and-dance consternation about the no-lynch and felt like an awkward attempt to look like she was engaging/pushing Auro, and a lot of interactions throughout the day between her and Auro felt like a weird dance between trying to decide whether to distance, bus, or buddy - like they couldn't decide how to run with it. 's question about Auro playing up being new, & Auro's "Farside please engage with me again," the banter in , , , and . The vote in feels like she's finally figured out she wants to try and bus Auro, and Auro actually fights back a bit. Auro only pushed back on a few players trying to lynch him, didn't really engage entirely with the wagon and it felt selective as fuck. is the kind of meek reasoning you give to stay on the bus wagon without pushing it forward, but is admitting it doesn't have traction and now Auro is closer to null than scum, even though so so many words were spilled back and forth with Auro and softly accusing him of not playing good. farside's accusations on VPB are much more... committed. They're weak, but she's much more enthused about trying to get him lynched than she ever was on Auro. She puts a few weak agreements with less-than-town reads on Auro from llama and Blair in the 790s, but nothing concrete and doesn't budge off of the VPB wagon (which at this point felt like it was inevitably going to get at least to a claim, if not a lynch, fmpov). Auro keeps the weak scumread on Farside up when pressed, but again - never really commits to this. , farside realizes that Auro wagon might be back on so why not try and get that sweet sweet towncred from a bus? They've both said they suspect each other, so it's gravy! And nary a word is said of Auro again, nor a post for the rest of the day. Coast on the wagon, don't try and say anything that could cause a slip, and cash in, amirite?

Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Spoiler: a good blair post
In post 729, Blair wrote:
In post 724, Auro wrote:Morning Tweet & Blair, I'd like it if you both can revisit my earlier push on farside and give me your thoughts on it.
Link please?
In post 725, Auro wrote:
In post 722, Blair wrote:You're not confused. I'm confused about you. As in, I have changed my mind on you a bunch of times.
Typo. Wanna talk about what makes me so enigmatic?
I was initially town reading you because I remember thinking we had a lot of similar takes and you seemed to be genuinely engaging with people.

Then a bunch of people agreed that the posts I liked were the scummiest posts in the game, and I assumed people knew you better than I did so I second guessed and if I squinted and tilted my head a little I could see what they meant.

Then I decided my heart wasn't really in it and I was probably right the first time. But I could still be wrong, for the same reasons.

damnit blair I can't get vengeance if you're town. llama also pointed this out at the time so that's nice
In post 796, farside22 wrote:I not sure if I just noticed this or not but it seems like a few players are just shrugging their shoulders on who to scum read.
I mean if all else get some null reads out of the way to weed players out. If I'm wrong just ignore me.
this literally right after a post saying effectively 'I think Auro is scum he can barely do what he did in his last scumgame without shitposting' feels GROSS

Puppy's posts on page 34 look good

finally hit Porkens's posts on page 36 and actually understand why UT wants him dead - my initial impression was that Porkens came in hot about ABR later than that (with the ABR lied to Auro thing) and it was more of a tantrum than a sustained simmering+ocassionally popping anger VPB push. I think I've been pretty bad at reading Porkens in the last few games I've played with him (lynched him-town in a surprise 10:2 mountainous game, got fooled by him being ballsy as hell as scum in Transformers Mafia, TAZ mafia doesn't count b/c we were both scum together) and I think I'm going to have a better chance of reading farside than him and I don't see a strong reason not to roll with that at this point (I think Starbuck looks fairly town not including the claim, more town because of the claim, and that she'd have to think that ABR would keep pushing hard on another scum partner to want ABR dead n1 with how much ABR wanted to keep her around which is possible but unlikely).

I uh also am honestly more concerned about the possibility of Starbuck fakeclaiming because she's that convinced that Porkens is scum than her being scum making this claim because I have been burned very hard by that shit before but if Reck comes by and tells Starbuck hypothetically that it would be very not ok then I suspect everything will be fine

Gonna grab dinner and probably clean my place a bit but I'll see if I can finish reading and start actually being useful by the end of the night
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

one more thing before I go

@farside - What do you think about VPB/Auro wagons and the people on them? Do you think most of the scum were on one in particular, or evenly peppered through both, or disproportionally off both wagons? You hopped back and forth between them a little bit early on but stuck with Auro pretty consistently once the wagons seemed serious, and your thoughts on what you think was bad/good about people's votes on them having seen it in real-time as opposed to me reading back on it after the fact would be appreciated.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1456, VP Baltar wrote:

Is this info helpful at all to town or just to scum?
I think it helps scum. It's role info is all I will say and that is all you will get from me.
In post 1457, Porkens wrote:At farside:
In post 1455, Porkens wrote:

At rec:

I'd ask the mod if she was joking. I would vote SB or wonder if the mod said if this game was bastard.

mod: Are there any bastard elements to this game

I think a PR worth there salt would check me or SB.
In post 1458, AGar wrote:
@CLAP
, re: - Why?

is the kinda stuff I like to see.
In post 1285, Starbuck wrote:I can get behind that MT vote, too. I just think her calling Porkens obvtown along with his push onto an ABR counterwagon is suspect AF.
This is inconsistent with later posting? If you've got this 50/50 that you felt necessary to bring today (I'm fine with D2 vs. D1), why are you prodding outside of it? 1-for-1 is always a transaction that benefits town, so it feels like you should be dead-set on Porkens or Farside. Also, 1306 is an awkward presentation of the information? Idk, it's all just weird to me. I think there's no way this play comes from scum but I also just, y'know, have questions.
In post 1299, Porkens wrote:Do you think I would lynch my tracker?
Scum tracker ain't all that powerful? It's a strictly worse rolecop or vanilla cop within the context.

Agree with . Disagree with .

Porkens' posting today just makes me more comfortable with farside.
In post 1360, iamausername wrote:and Blair very much comes off as scum expecting the day to drift inexorably to a VP Baltar lynch and panicking when ABR pulled the rug out from under her.
My re-read gave me the same feeling.

Yeah this is a town post.

lol @ the last line of

Re-read really set off pings for farside anyway. 's second half felt very song-and-dance consternation about the no-lynch and felt like an awkward attempt to look like she was engaging/pushing Auro, and a lot of interactions throughout the day between her and Auro felt like a weird dance between trying to decide whether to distance, bus, or buddy - like they couldn't decide how to run with it. 's question about Auro playing up being new, & Auro's "Farside please engage with me again," the banter in , , , and . The vote in feels like she's finally figured out she wants to try and bus Auro, and Auro actually fights back a bit. Auro only pushed back on a few players trying to lynch him, didn't really engage entirely with the wagon and it felt selective as fuck. is the kind of meek reasoning you give to stay on the bus wagon without pushing it forward, but is admitting it doesn't have traction and now Auro is closer to null than scum, even though so so many words were spilled back and forth with Auro and softly accusing him of not playing good. farside's accusations on VPB are much more... committed. They're weak, but she's much more enthused about trying to get him lynched than she ever was on Auro. She puts a few weak agreements with less-than-town reads on Auro from llama and Blair in the 790s, but nothing concrete and doesn't budge off of the VPB wagon (which at this point felt like it was inevitably going to get at least to a claim, if not a lynch, fmpov). Auro keeps the weak scumread on Farside up when pressed, but again - never really commits to this. , farside realizes that Auro wagon might be back on so why not try and get that sweet sweet towncred from a bus? They've both said they suspect each other, so it's gravy! And nary a word is said of Auro again, nor a post for the rest of the day. Coast on the wagon, don't try and say anything that could cause a slip, and cash in, amirite?

That's a lot of wifom you got there. You know I basically had Auro on ignore for his hyperactivity till he blatantly made shit up, right?
I don't always read everything spammy player says because sometimes it's nonsense. I ignored Hotec once for being like that and he turned out to be scum. So I kept a light eye on Auro due to my suspicion of him but didn't want to get involved in a spam war since I didn't have a lot of time for it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1460, Gammagooey wrote:one more thing before I go

@farside - What do you think about VPB/Auro wagons and the people on them? Do you think most of the scum were on one in particular, or evenly peppered through both, or disproportionally off both wagons? You hopped back and forth between them a little bit early on but stuck with Auro pretty consistently once the wagons seemed serious, and your thoughts on what you think was bad/good about people's votes on them having seen it in real-time as opposed to me reading back on it after the fact would be appreciated.
I thought the wagon was still barely serious when I voted him. People were still more about VP if I recall correctly.
I thought MT was pretty scummy overall as well as Clap, nothing has changed in regards to that. SB and GC were and still are pretty strong town reads on the Auro wagon. My strongest TR off the wagon was Llama.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

Farside, let’s each put our knives down for a second and talk about starbuck. If you win this tug of war and get my lynched, I’m flipping town. I am not 100% convinced that means you are scum. I’m fairly confident, but there’s at least a 25% chunk of my brain
half of his half, your scum and I’m keeping my knife
that starbuck is trying to run the table on us. So I’ve been trying to think what if I win the tug of war and farside flips town?

Have you had any similar thoughts? Have you come up with any solution?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Is this a gimmick to reveal you’re SK or something?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1458, AGar wrote:Auro keeps the weak scumread on Farside up when pressed, but again - never really commits to this. 906, farside realizes that Auro wagon might be back on so why not try and get that sweet sweet towncred from a bus? They've both said they suspect each other, so it's gravy! And nary a word is said of Auro again, nor a post for the rest of the day. Coast on the wagon, don't try and say anything that could cause a slip, and cash in, amirite?
Yeah, I agree with this analysis. Interestingly, farside votes shortly after ABR gets pissed off at Auro for not voting me. Auro really did look scummy there because he had no reason not to vote me. The fact she doesn't pressure him after that does indeed look like soft bussing.

UNVOTE: porkens

Spiritual vote on farside or willing to hammer. Not sure what the vote count is atm
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Vi »

:right:
farside22 (P-3)
~ Porkens,
(xRECKONERx,)
CantLynchAPuppy, iamausername, Hoopla, AGar
Porkens (P-5)
~ Starbuck,
(VP Baltar,)
farside22,
(xRECKONERx,)
xRECKONERx
CantLynchAPuppy (P-7)
~ Green Crayons,
(xRECKONERx)

Blair (P-7)
~ Gammagooey
Starbuck (P-8)
~
(Porkens)

iamausername (P-8)
~
(CantLynchAPuppy)

Not Voting:
(AGar,)
Blair,
(iamausername,)
Kmd4390, Morning Tweet, Untrod Tripod,
(Hoopla,)
VP Baltar

--With 15 alive, it will take 8 votes to pwn a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 9 July 2020.
(9 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

What is P?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1464, Green Crayons wrote:Is this a gimmick to reveal you’re SK or something?
Is this at Porkens or Farside? Cause that "I have scum info but I'm not scum" is throwing me for a loop
YOUR AD HERE

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1467, VP Baltar wrote:What is P?
MS rule today was to remove the terminology of lynch from the verbiage in all games. Would assume Vi is trying to move away from "L-X" since that invokes the same verbiage.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh that's awesome! I was actually thinking about that recently being problematic.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Wow, 19 pages of debate over this.

*Homer slowly backing into bushes.gif
YOUR AD HERE

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

It was in reference to whatever Porkens is doing with his pink text.

Farside makes my info hurts more than helps is plausible, I suppose. Not everything can be incredibly helpful and if provides scum more intel with minor benefit, then that’s that. I *would* like farside to give us the general nature of her revelation.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Farside’s claim that her*
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

It is absolutely blowing my mind that you all are passing on the people on yesterday's LITERAL LAST DITCH COUNTERWAGON TO SCUM to focus on farside who did... I don't know... vaguely something???

what in the fuck is happening right now

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”