Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Raw, Unfiltered, UPICK Game Over !

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Backup-mod: Alisae
Reviewer: Alisae

My second UPick, and the third and potentially final game in a series of games tied loosely together by a single narrative, henceforth dubbed the Ordeals of Gamma.

Playerlist
  1. Jake The Wolfie
  2. Vaxkiller
  3. Flea the Magician
  4. Fidget
    Kop
  5. Porkens
    GreyICE
  6. Turin Turambar
    Mathblade
  7. Marky Mark
  8. Mistyx
  9. Grendel
  10. the worst
    Jesse Pierce
  11. Uncrowned
    Dannflor
  12. chkflip
    Titus
  13. Not Known 15
    PookyTheMagicalBear
  14. cassowary
Spoiler: The Living
Flea the Magician
GreyICE
Marky Mark
Mistyx
Grendel
Uncrowned
PookyTheMagicalBear

Spoiler: The Departed (Dead)
Jake The Wolfie, "Naptime, Joy of Preschoolers and Layabouts",
Town Roleblocker
, yeeted into the void Day 1.
Vaxkiler, "Zeus, Head of the Greek Pantheon",
Town Flying Celebrity
, disappeared mysteriously Night 1.
Kop, "Kindred, Twin Faces of Death",
Town Deathblocker
, disappeared mysteriously Night 1.
Chkflip, "Dexter, Child Genius"
Mafia Jacl k Of All Trades
, yeeted into the void day 2
VFP "a well-designed, elegant and stylish yet sturdy and practical, wooden clothes hanger with a wooden bar, chrome hook and notches for hanging strapped articles, Marvel of Domestic Engineering"
Mafia Odd-Night Bulletproof Even-Night Strongwill flavor cop
, dissapeared misteriously night 2
Mathblade "Dogs, faithful companions"
Town Loyal Motion Detector
, dissapeared misteriously night 2
Marky Mark "Sir Don Bardman, the "don" of cricket"
Vanilla Townie
, executed day 3
Cassowary "Misery, Witch of the Demon Crown"
Town Ghoul
, executed day 4

Spoiler: The Disgraced (Modkilled)
hopefully no one.

Spoiler: VoteCount Settings
priorVCNumber=0
url=viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85398
playerList=Jake The Wolfie,Vaxkiller,Flea the Magician,Fidget,Porkens,Turin Turambar,Marky Mark,Mistyx,Grendel,the worst,Uncrowned,chkflip,Not Known 15,cassowary
replacementList=the worst:Jesse Pierce,Porkens:GreyICE,Turin Turambar:MathBlade,Fidget:Kop,chkflip:Titus,Uncrowned:Dannflor,Not Known 15:PookyTheMagicalBear
moderatorNames=Gamma Emerald,Alisae,Gypyx
dayStartNumbers=0,744
cleanDay=true
deadline=10 days[/area]
deadList=Jake The Wolfie-1,Vaxkiller-1,Kop-1
voteOverrides=
flavor=[youtube][/youtube]
color=teal

The Rules
  1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    Teal
    ; avoid using it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself yeeted if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread. Saying something has to do with ongoing games and leaving it at that is fine, though excessive use of this may result in a warning.
  5. Images and GIFs
    - I have no qualms with them being posted, but if there’s sensitive content or if it’s especially large I request you put it in a spoiler= tag.
  6. Tiny text
    - is awful to read, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  9. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay. Shared reminiscence as breadcrumbing blurs the line, so be careful with it.
  10. Confirmation
    - You have about 48 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 will last 14 days. All day phases will last 10 days from then until <9 players are alive, at which point they will last 8 days. If a kill happens in the middle of the day, the deadline will be restored to the appropriate measure (14 days on D1, or whatever is correct for the current number of living players on following days). Extensions may be granted if there are replacements or other reasonable circumstances that necessitate an extension. Not using discussion time efficiently is not a valid reason.
  12. Activity and Replacing Out
    - You must post at least once every 48 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you were prodded and haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
    When it comes to replacing out by choice, please PM me requesting to do so. You may replace back in if I have not found a suitable replacement, but if I believe you are abusing this I may reject it. Do not constantly request to replace out and then change your mind, or you will end up blacklisted from future games I mod.
  13. Angleshooting
    - angleshooting may not be disciplined, but it is inadvised. I will attempt to police any hostile interactions based on the in-thread contents and not the contents of the Role PMs of the offenders. Please also avoid speculating about the legitimacy of IRL circumstances, especially in regards to replacing out. However, if the replace out speculation happens to involve game events, it will likely be left alone, as due to the game-bending nature of replace outs some leniency must be allowed in this regard.
  14. Trust Tells
    - If you're behaving in a way that could be perceived as trust telling I will likely try to warn you first, but beyond that I will take whatever action I deem necessary. Any communication regarding this should be handled in private; trying to drag private communications regarding this into the thread may result in harsh retribution.
  15. Vacation/Limited Access
    - If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 72 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 7 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  16. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  17. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  18. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Gamma Emerald or
    Vote: Gamma Emerald
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v] Gamma Emerald[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv] Gamma Emerald[
    /uv] to unvote.
  19. Yeeting
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to yeet somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote to no yeet/abstain, the day will end with an abstention from yeeting. At evens, 50% is sufficient for an abstain.
  20. The L-word.
    - While players are still allowed to use the L-word, in order to make it easier to interface with player posts if the need arises, please refrain from using it. I will not be enforcing this rule, it just exists to remind you. Suitable alternatives are eliminate, yeet, fade, etc. If you’re unaware of the issue in particular, review this topic.
  21. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  22. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  23. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM or any PT where your role is meant to be known to others in it (scum PT or a personal/hydra PT). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  24. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  25. Personal/Hydra PTs
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. Releasing these postgame is your prerogative, and to enable this all personal PTs will have mod rights given to the one who asked for it. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
    As for Hydra PTs, I will provide all hydras a PT at the start of the game. If you’d rather use discord, please use a server and add me so I can make sure no funny business occurs.
  26. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
As a final note, rules here are subject to change as needed.
Last edited by Gypyx on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 16 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Setup Details
  1. Faction numbers start with 10 Town and 3 Mafia. The last slot will be either Town, Mafia, or Third-Party depending on what fits the rest of the design.
  2. While this game does involve non-random role distribution via the UPick aspect, don't expect anything crazy-bastard, like alignments changes (outside of a potential cult), or full on mod lies. This is meant to be a fun game and jerking players around isn't fun.
  3. There is potential for extra mechanics depending on whether it fits the thematics of the picks selected for roles. If a special mechanic is created for the game, it will be added to this post.
Game Design ReferencePick submissions: 100%
Pick deliberation: 100%
Mechanics determination: 100%
Role design: 100%
Role PM writing: 100%
Flavor direction: 100%

The above does not have any specific order of operations. It is just a progress report to keep players posted in a way that doesn't result in several topic bumps.
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

the worst replaces Guillotina.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mistyx replaces Venus Mars and Pluto.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Barring a medical emergency Role PMs should go out this weekend.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

All Role PMs have been sent out.
The game will start when 12/14 players confirm. So far 13 players have confirmed their roles.
Initiating gamestart.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Chapter 1: A Stirring Catastrophe

The Jestinel had not seen the Void in a shape quite like this before. Having laid in a state passing as dormant for most of his time as its custodian, it had just recently started to act more aggressive. He had become adept at handling it when it become violently aggressive, but this was a whole new occurrence. The Void was clearly disturbed by something, but what could upset it on such a level that it would begin to act this way, especially given it being an omniversal entity that cares so little for practically anything that goes on in the worlds it contains?
The first thought that came to The Jestinel's mind was panic. Had its method of running killing games whenever the Void started to threaten the omniverse made it grow strong enough to attempt annihilation with no chance of consolation? It had to hope that was not the case, otherwise there was no hope of survival for any beings that were not ethereal in nature. As such The Jestinel began to scan the omniverse for disturbances, eventually detecting the source.
It turned out many pockets of Void had leaked into multiple universes, and the Void was trying to reclaim them the only way it knew how: consuming the worlds entirely. With this fact, The Jestinel knew what it had to do. It set about throughout countless worlds collecting as many subjects as it could for its plan. Having assembled a fair group of fourteen, it set the subjects down and informed them of the issue.
"I have assembled you all here to deal with a matter of grave importance", The Jestinel spoke in a grand manner, "the salvation of reality as we know it. You are currently in a domain I call home, the Eternity Zone. Here you will reside for some time, until the pressing issue has been resolved".
"How exactly is this issue to be resolved, and what do we in particular have to do with it?", Someone from the group exclaimed.
The Jestinel hastily explained, "well, some of you have a bit of nothingness stirring inside you, which may sound unimportant, but this particular nothingness is quite dangerous if it is not returned to where it belongs".
At this remark, a few beings within the group began to feel restless. This was beginning to sound quite ominous, and so one spoke out, "how exactly is it meant to be returned?"
The Jestinel winced at this question, sheepishly replying, "well, unfortunately the only way I can find is to send you into that vast nothingness so the piece within you can be reclaimed. You will die, but the bright side is you are just one instance of yourself and you have all been taking from offshoots of your own universes that would never have held legitimate weight as what some might call 'canon'".
This confused most of the group, which The Jestinel paid no mind, continuing to monologue, "if I figure out enough about this anomaly, I should be able to figure out a more effective way to draw out the nothingness within you that does not require sacrificing people to the abyss. In order to that however, I need you to do me a favor. Find the ones with the pieces inside them, and send them to me once you've chosen a suspect. I will yeet them in the void, and I will report back what the outcome was. But beware, as I presume whatever holds the pieces has the ability to commune with each other on a level you cannot. If you do that, I promise whomever survives will get an all-expenses-paid trip right back to your own world, with perhaps a little boon thrown in if I'm feeling nice".
The Jestinel made motions to leave, but before it could someone from the group suggested they go by pseudonyms, which it took a liking to, stating, "that seems like a reasonable idea, come forward and gie me your preferred name, and I'll create a tag for you". After everyone had been squared away on this matter, The Jestinel was reminded of something, quickly asserting, "oh yes, I had a note from one of you saying you had something to declare. It is as follows:"

Vaxkiller would like everyone to know his identity is Zeus.

The Jestinel had some choice words on this matter. "Well now, it seems rather egotistical to suggest pseudonyms merely to have who you are announced like that", it quipped. Having resolved all the pressing matters, The Jestinel then left in a moment to handle other business, leaving the group to decide what to do.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I may add some little blurbs under the VC flavor videos, in cases where I want to comment on what is featured.
If you couldn't tell, this song kinda is part of what kickstarted me wanting to run this game. It's among the songs that fueled my reconsideration of what I wanted from the game of mafia, and the original date of intended setup completion (sorry for the wait btw, and thanks to those of you who stuck around for this time) was meant to coincide with when I had that epiphany.

Votecount 1.0Not voting: Jake The Wolfie, Vaxkiller, Flea the Magician, Fidget, Porkens, Turin Turambar, Marky Mark, Mistyx, Grendel, the worst, Uncrowned, chkflip, Not Known 15, cassowary

Within 14 alive it takes 8 votes to yeet someone into the void.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-02-15 15:10:00), or whenever a yeet has been decided.
<Embrace The Void>

Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Mistyx »

bout time

VOTE: jake the wolfie
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Great intro Gamma - thank your sir!

Time to put on our thinking caps and batter some scum.

VOTE: Jake 1v1 me bro

--pedit: we are so in sync, Mistyx. Townbloc is clearly already forming
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Mistyx »

if you're trying to pocket me, you'll have to try harder than that :p
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 10, Mistyx wrote:if you're trying to pocket me, you'll have to try harder than that :p
I mean I just felt like we had a special connection there for a moment, but maybe you just don't see me that way?? :cry:
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Mistyx »

i don't get what you mean by that

maybe it's for the better, depending on your definition of "special"
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Marky Mark »

*crickets*

I thought the rest of the playerlist would be itching to get going rn...
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 am

Post by cassowary »

ah, glad we're getting started here

VOTE: the worst

username says it all i think. why would we want someone around who's the worst
"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

CHAOS HAS ARRIVED.

Now who would like tea?

*offers VOTE: Cassowary a cup*
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Mistyx »

tea sounds nice!!
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 am

Post by cassowary »

i'd prefer a nice green tea if you could, it's a bit late in the day and i don't want to be up all night
"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 15, Flea The Magician wrote:CHAOS HAS ARRIVED.

Now who would like tea?

*offers VOTE: Cassowary a cup*
Lovely to play with you again Flea - I really felt for you when you threw yourself on vax, just for the town to elim him anyway, in our previous game together

Night all :)
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

VOTE: the worst

You joined the dark side. Prepare to die.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 9, Marky Mark wrote:Great intro Gamma - thank your sir!

Time to put on our thinking caps and batter some scum.

VOTE: Jake 1v1 me bro

--pedit: we are so in sync, Mistyx. Townbloc is clearly already forming
While I agree, I simultaneously find this post to be contrived and therefore suspicious. Let’s prosecute this.

vote: Marky Mark
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Fidget »

VOTE: Marky

I find your eagerness disingenuous and will be voting for you as a result
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by chkflip »

WAT is this eh-NONNNNNNsense?

My studies show that there is nothing eh-RANdom about the game of mafia. I'm sure, however, that we will eh-GAther something from this all as long as that eh-PESKY DEEDEE doesn't get in the wheyyyy. Little seesters are the hWORst, eh? Love the sinner, not the sin.

Eh.

Random is not my thing. I am eh-DEXTER, child geeeeeenius at your eh-SERvice. Yes this is a post resteiction.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

HA
HA
HA (Godly laugh)

Are you mortals ready to play? Because Zues, your god is!

I'm OBV TOWNING THE FUCK outta this game, so fall in line, OR ELSE. I will be going through and inspecting you mortals, and those that do not please me.... Well, we will get to that!

HA
HA
HA (Godly laugh)
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

CHKFLIP
Your god ZUES would like to know, are you Dexter from Dexters lab? Or some OTHER Dexter. Any WHY on MY green earth would you choose such a character?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”