Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7250 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 7248, Ircher wrote:Also, if it is at all possible, please update the opening post. It seems to have been last updated for night 3 or so.
I will....
eventuallly...
GTKAS
| here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7251 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7249, Titus wrote:
In post 7246, MathBlade wrote:I abhor bus driver tbh.
It seems like a scum cop out.
Like “we couldn’t stop this with day play” or “let’s cause chaos” vs being the chaos.
I included the bus driver to prevent any follow the cop scenarios that might arise. Those cannot be protected via nightplay. Same with mason clears. We needed a guaranteed way to kill the mech clears.
Meh follow the cop couldn’t exist bc of your rules :P
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7252 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 7251, MathBlade wrote:
Like “we couldn’t stop this with day play” or “let’s cause chaos” vs being the chaos.
I included the bus driver to prevent any follow the cop scenarios that might arise. Those cannot be protected via nightplay. Same with mason clears. We needed a guaranteed way to kill the mech clears.
Follow the mason could. Follow the vanilla cop would have been a thing too.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7253 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7252, Titus wrote:
Follow the mason is why masons should be banned from the setup.
Cant stop Nancy from playing.
Follow vanilla cop with a vanillizer :P

I mean you could but....
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7254 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Vanillaizer was dead. Last scum confirmed as PR. Any VT result = clear.

Follow the Vanilla cop.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7255 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7254, Titus wrote:Vanillaizer was dead. Last scum confirmed as PR. Any VT result = clear.

Follow the Vanilla cop.
That woulda been because of your play.
There was rolestopper and vanillizer and rolecop.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7256 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7253, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7252, Titus wrote:
Follow the mason is why masons should be banned from the setup.
Cant stop Nancy from playing.
Follow vanilla cop with a vanillizer :P

I mean you could but....
Hard disagree with both you and Alisae wrt the mason thing. It’s so extremely stressful being town stump, that unless you allow loyal neighbourizing shots or even hydras, it’s to unfair a burden to place on the town stump. I would prefer have refused to be town stump if masons were not part of the setup, Also, one of the reasons for choosing masons is to help you figure out who scum stump DIDN’T pick. I would be extremely sad. if you removed masons from the setup - as either alignment.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7257 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I feel like my reads were pretty on point for how little I actually read. My exile was pretty dumb IMHO, but we still won. I had little to do with the win, but I'll take it none-the-less.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7258 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 6049, Toogeloo wrote:Roflmfao. Let me see if I understand this.

-Koba has an actual VANILLA clear on me (despite once again picking an extremely questionable night choice).
-Koba attempted to scan REK but got me instead, and knows they got me because my name was in the result.
-REK died, so the consensus is that SCUM bussed REK and Toogeloo, and shot Toogeloo.
-Despite my clear as being a VANILLA, I must be Mafia Vanilla.
-Which means that for all of this to come together, I SHOT MYSELF last night? (Unless you believe that the Scum Bus Driver multitasked).
-To reiterate, you all believe SCUM SHOT ONE OF THEIR OWN MEMBERS IN ORDER TO KILL REK AFTER BUSSING THEM WITH ME.

There is Moon Logic, and then there is acid-tripping Moon Logic while munching shrooms and drinking Jim Jones kool-aid. This would obviously be the latter.
For posterity.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7259 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 7256, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It’s so extremely stressful being town stump, that unless you allow loyal neighbourizing shots or even hydras, it’s to unfair a burden to place on the town stump.
It's unfair to place that burden on someone who opted to be in that position even tho they decided to be in that position knowing that this burden would be placed on them and that its one of the many challenges they have to deal with.
In post 7256, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, one of the reasons for choosing masons is to help you figure out who scum stump DIDN’T pick.
That's another reason why masons are unfair btw. If you're good at mafia you shouldn't need the help that the mason selection process provides because it provides way too much.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7260 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

Krazy actually argued if masons had to be used, the # of masons allowed should be reduced and the pool of who could be a mason should be wider to avoid trying to find scum because they just weren't a mason.
This change is small enough for me to not care about it and implement it anyway but it has a huge effect for gameplay that I think is good but I also think taking out the masons is better because why play if you can just follow someone around who knows more than you. What's the point if you don't get to have agency within the game.
GTKAS
| here.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #7261 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 7258, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 6049, Toogeloo wrote:Roflmfao. Let me see if I understand this.

-Koba has an actual VANILLA clear on me (despite once again picking an extremely questionable night choice).
-Koba attempted to scan REK but got me instead, and knows they got me because my name was in the result.
-REK died, so the consensus is that SCUM bussed REK and Toogeloo, and shot Toogeloo.
-Despite my clear as being a VANILLA, I must be Mafia Vanilla.
-Which means that for all of this to come together, I SHOT MYSELF last night? (Unless you believe that the Scum Bus Driver multitasked).
-To reiterate, you all believe SCUM SHOT ONE OF THEIR OWN MEMBERS IN ORDER TO KILL REK AFTER BUSSING THEM WITH ME.

There is Moon Logic, and then there is acid-tripping Moon Logic while munching shrooms and drinking Jim Jones kool-aid. This would obviously be the latter.
For posterity.

Tooges you are just the default vanilla sacrifice we offer to the Gods for good fortune in the endgame
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7262 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 7260, Alisae wrote:This change is small enough for me to not care about it and implement it anyway but it has a huge effect for gameplay that I think is good but I also think taking out the masons is better because why play if you can just follow someone around who knows more than you. What's the point if you don't get to have agency within the game.
informed town kind of goes against the fundament of the game regardless of power balance

masons are one of those roles where it's baffling that they are considered 'normal' to me, like cop

cop is more busted than even a lot of grand idea roles
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7263 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7257, Toogeloo wrote:I feel like my reads were pretty on point for how little I actually read. My exile was pretty dumb IMHO, but we still won. I had little to do with the win, but I'll take it none-the-less.
I didn’t even know you had been hammered, I wanted Sarah.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7264 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7259, Alisae wrote:
In post 7256, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It’s so extremely stressful being town stump, that unless you allow loyal neighbourizing shots or even hydras, it’s to unfair a burden to place on the town stump.
It's unfair to place that burden on someone who opted to be in that position even tho they decided to be in that position knowing that this burden would be placed on them and that its one of the many challenges they have to deal with.
In post 7256, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, one of the reasons for choosing masons is to help you figure out who scum stump DIDN’T pick.
That's another reason why masons are unfair btw. If you're good at mafia you shouldn't need the help that the mason selection process provides because it provides way too much.
Yes, I hard disagree with you, having masons was one of the main reasons I wanted to be town stump and yes without them, this game would have been even more extremely stressful than it already was. We are obviously coming at this from two completely different perspectives and I sincerely hope, masons continue to be an absolute mainstay of this format.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7265 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

When is the versus series going to be redesigned so the stump can't have multiple masons
In post 7264, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Yes, I hard disagree with you, having masons was one of the main reasons I wanted to be town stump and yes without them, this game would have been even more extremely stressful than it already was. We are obviously coming at this from two completely different perspectives and I sincerely hope, masons continue to be an absolute mainstay of this format.
Oh

See the problem is it sucks for town cause they just have to listen to the stump rather than play the game themselves because the stump just knows shit and you might accidentally disrupt that by outting masons

If everyone plays less and lets the stump determine more (like elims and night actions) then it's +EV but ----fun. I've never managed to stay invested enough to solve in one of these games for that very reason, except in Pooky's cause he didn't really restrict us too much

I imagine it's also a quite annoying feeling for scum to get checkmated by masons since there's a pattern where town's townreads are nonmasons and the PoE is masons + scum, at least it definitely is for me. This is more of a preferential thing though i suppose, some might like the challenge of having to kill the masons as soon as possible

There has to be a way to preserve the town stump being a leader without making it so town's objectively best play is always to follow the stump... although I'm not sure how. Of course, maybe other people disagree and actually enjoy the supreme leader aspect, but it's not my cup of tea.

Even if it gets me saved from 50 votes and like 3 separate intent to hammers in FL v. Hectic which was mildly entertaining
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7266 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7265, Morning Tweet wrote:When is the versus series going to be redesigned so the stump can't have multiple masons
In post 7264, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Yes, I hard disagree with you, having masons was one of the main reasons I wanted to be town stump and yes without them, this game would have been even more extremely stressful than it already was. We are obviously coming at this from two completely different perspectives and I sincerely hope, masons continue to be an absolute mainstay of this format.
Oh

See the problem is it sucks for town cause they just have to listen to the stump rather than play the game themselves because the stump just knows shit and you might accidentally disrupt that by outting masons

If everyone plays less and lets the stump determine more (like elims and night actions) then it's +EV but ----fun. I've never managed to stay invested enough to solve in one of these games for that very reason, except in Pooky's cause he didn't really restrict us too much

I imagine it's also a quite annoying feeling for scum to get checkmated by masons since there's a pattern where town's townreads are nonmasons and the PoE is masons + scum, at least it definitely is for me. This is more of a preferential thing though i suppose, some might like the challenge of having to kill the masons as soon as possible

There has to be a way to preserve the town stump being a leader without making it so town's objectively best play is always to follow the stump... although I'm not sure how. Of course, maybe other people disagree and actually enjoy the supreme leader aspect, but it's not my cup of tea.

Even if it gets me saved from 50 votes and like 3 separate intent to hammers in FL v. Hectic which was mildly entertaining
I do see your point but as town stump it’s hard not to feel that the main burden falls on you. I obviously always prefer to win but I rarely get that stressed about it as town - unless I’m literally the town stump.

I think perhaps not maybe identifying the correct alignment of the stumps would definitely change things up in an interesting way.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7267 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Make it a scum stump vs two town stumps, no masons
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ztfyt9ofaol2 ... D.txt?dl=0

Pasting this as spoilered text errored out. So here's the text file anything on discord after this scan is meh.
I will be asking Alisae to delete the chat later.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7269 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Masons are fine, just centralize less power in the masonry.

2 masons, can go down to 1 or 0 for extra 1/2 shot powers like currently. The rest of town has a bit more power in response
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7270 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7267, Pink Ball wrote:Make it a scum stump vs two town stumps, no masons
That would be interesting, I’d be okay with that. Because otherwise, I’d have to have a hood, you really need someone to discuss things with, that or a hydra.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7271 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7269, Dunnstral wrote:Masons are fine, just centralize less power in the masonry.

2 masons, can go down to 1 or 0 for extra 1/2 shot powers like currently. The rest of town has a bit more power in response
This is also fine. So long as town stump can have at least one other player to discuss things with plus 1 shot powers. I believe I’m the first town stump to actually do this. If I had to do it over again, knowing what I know now, a second shot would have really been nice.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7272 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

have a hood but u are not guaranteed that either are town or scum :3
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7273 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

rather than a masonry
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7274 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Just make the Town stump a Neighborizer.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”