Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4750 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:37 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 21, SirCakez wrote:
Paperback Writer
04/04/2021 SirCakez Penguin_alien Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game
Penguin wrote a whole book's worth of game-accurate flavor for this game based on an obscure SyFy TV show, including flavored roles, flavored game mechanics, and virtually every game message being flavored (even invitations to dead chat and note PT OPs!) The amount of work that was put in here is truly impressive and made this one of the most themed Large Themes I've ever played.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4751 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

I loved the flavor, and will second that nomination asap. The modding was timely, accurate and overall excellent, too.

I missed this series when it was originally on syfy, and started watching it when I pre-inned. I finished the last season during Day 2, but having watched the first 4 seasons definitely increased my enjoyment of the flavor and my evaluation of claims. I'm really happy to have found the series and I'm indebted to peng for it!

Thanks, Kuribo, I really enjoyed playing with you again, too!

Bell, Prism, Spiffeh and Tammy (based on her late day 1 counterclaim, though I was leaning town before then) were my ride or die townreads at the end of day 1. I ended the game day thinking that pooky or possibly Dunn were the other mason, so kudos to Bell for staying under the radar. Really glad no scum crept into that quartet! As I said in the dead pt I was sad not to be able to gamesolve with you guys on day 2!

There were probably better ways to use the artifact distribution process, but I think the masons did well given the uniqueness of that mechanic. I've been working on something sort of like that in a theme game design, and I think I'll expand on the idea before I eventually run that game.

I like the page limit concept. I feel like the players who respected/shared the limit had better than usual large theme content from the self-discipline of making fewer, more content-ful posts. I'm definitely up for playing games with page limits in the future.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #4752 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 4726, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:rofl battle mage was our missing one shot vig roflorlrlfoflfoflolf you cant make this up
In post 4727, Prism wrote:He literally could have just claimed the artifact+vig and probably not been voted lmfao
nope, I couldn't claim it after about half the remaining players decided it was a lock that it was a scum-shot. It would've reduced my chances of survival - same reason I wasn't keen to dwell on my role more generally. It just wasn't a helpful line of enquiry.

undoubtedly a fun game, and a nice way to end it. well played all. :)
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4753 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

we thought it was a scum shot because nobody claimed...

if you had just claimed we would've known we had a vig

ffs lololol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4754 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:41 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Okay, I have to ask. Battle Mage, why did you vig shoot KTT N1? I had theories, but I fully admit the choice both of target and how early you shot surprised me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4755 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Bell »

@Mathblade, can you explain which of your posts were reaction tests or meant to gauge people's responses?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4756 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Prism »

Agree with ffery on the modding front, penguin must have fielded 50 random questions from me on the Trident alone

I concur with Spiffeh that this game was a big step up for Cakez and I got rekt by bork

Definitely enjoyed the playerlist overall despite some intense frustration points, all of which were very brief

I also want to apologize to LLD/MathBlade for how frustrated and vicious I got at points. I ran into similar frustrations in Binding of Isaac, which has been really troubling to me and frankly unacceptable.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4757 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Bell »

*ahem*

*Do I feel angry?*
If yes,
*Why do I feel angry?*
*Is my anger telling me something?*
*How should I respond to my anger?*
*what should I do with my anger?*
*Is this something I can control or do something about?*
If yes,
*How do I want to go about it?*
*implement*

Something, something communication is key, something something.

I think you did the rightt hing by opening up and telling me that my play was bothering you Prism. Sure, it alarmed me. But ultimately it was something I was more than happy to accommodate because I want everyone to have a good time if I can get away with it. I'm not sure if there was a better way to express it.

As for others, probably you could have approached some others better (LLD specifically), but master of interpersonal navigation in the sociopolitical field of mafia, I am not.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4758 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Prism »

It was troubling because I hadn't really flamed anyone or gotten angry for ~6 of playing before Binding of Isaac, with kind of the disgruntlement starting in 2171. That's not to excuse the behavior, but to explain that it is very sudden, that I know better, and that it is not a good trend.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4759 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Bell »

I have a temper too. Coping strategies can be helpful in life *and* in mafia.

Of course you should ask yourself why you're getting mad more than usual. You seem to have an idea about yourself and your own thinking though.

Sorry for dispensing advice. I don't think it reflects badly on you though. Or at least, it didn't reflect too badly to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4760 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Tammy »

YAY!

Thank you for modding it Penguin! I agree it was fantastically run.

I had a good time playing this game even though I'm completely burnt out on mafia and need to take a break. Sorry for my lack of motivation and investment at times. After taking three years off, I've been playing nonstop here and at other sites for the past 6-7 months and I really need to take a breather. I was glad to see mala, kuribo and others I haven't seen in so very long.

Prism - I very much enjoyed playing with you. I'm glad my early read was right even though I probably shouldn't have had a read that strong based on how I think someone will play it. And your reasoning for why it was unlikely for me to counterclaim my partner when I did, and in the way I did, was exactly what I would have said if I'd have been able to post lol.

Bell - I guess you were the mason partner during day one (then at night got paranoid and for a moment thought LLD was a fake claiming mason then realized day two that was dumb.). My guessing you were the other mason was for a dumb reason though. I had started watching warehouse 13 during day one, and Pete Lattimere talks about his vibes a lot, and you had mentioned vibes in your reads list. I figured the masons were Pete and Myka, and Pete talked about Mrs. Frederick's as being all scary face, so this post was me flavor claiming to you and right about when I decided you were the mason lol:
In post 1614, Tammy wrote:I'm not going to go all scary-face to get you to read me correctly.
When LLD flipped Abigail, I knew that the masons couldn't be Myka and Pete, but you still only made sense as the mason and then it was super clear on day three.

Good game everyone!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4761 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:54 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I think the one good thing i did this game was walk on eggshells around prism. I knew i couldnt play it like the mini

Tammy sorry for antagonizing...i was just kinda doing generic scum obtuse shit there and it kinda happened

I love this playerlist so much but my scumagination has run out and left me bereft of both motivation and good content. Either i need to take a hiatus or play in some other tables to get it back, but the majority of you have my number here and it shows
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4762 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:56 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Bell i think you in particular are cognizant of my occasional venom i bring out when playing scum

And while its a tool that works some of the time its not the person i wanna be
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4763 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:00 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

The "out of my scumrange" comments threw me. Anyone who read illicit for 5 seconds knows that wasnt true.
beefycheese
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4764 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:01 am

Post by kuribo »

Bork, they just didn't give you a chance to get settled and it's a shame
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4765 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 4761, borkjerfkin wrote:I think the one good thing i did this game was walk on eggshells around prism. I knew i couldnt play it like the mini

Tammy sorry for antagonizing...i was just kinda doing generic scum obtuse shit there and it kinda happened

I love this playerlist so much but my scumagination has run out and left me bereft of both motivation and good content. Either i need to take a hiatus or play in some other tables to get it back, but the majority of you have my number here and it shows
Don’t apologize! You were scum and did what you needed to to throw me off a bit. I came back to it later and was like I just don’t think this is a town interaction we had, but it was enough in the moment to kill the developing scum read I had.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4766 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:06 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 11, penguin_alien wrote:Cabd would like to point out here (since he can't do so in the non-spoilered spectator/dead PT) that borkjerfkin could wait for a low activity time on the site and then just spam the everloving hell out of the game thread and force a Bronzing without the opportunity for discussion or input from Tammy. It's only another 42 pages at this point. Annoying and repetitive, but I can't enforce content of posts. He could just post :twisted: over and over again to eat up the day's discussion space.
Would 800 consecutive posts be considered bannable under the rules of the site itself?

I do like the idea of confirmed scum waiting till 2am to just copy paste the entire works of Dean Koontz

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4767 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:12 am

Post by kuribo »

"Well its 2am and I am dead at the end of the day. However I'd like to take this time to give a word by word analysis of the Wikipedia article for smelting."

-new post

"Smelting. That is of course the subject of this Wikipedia article and my dissection thereof. Fascinating."

-new post

"Is." This is one of the English forms of the word "be." More specifically, it represents the present tuner."

-new post

EBWOP: tense, not tuner.

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4768 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:14 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 4764, kuribo wrote:Bork, they just didn't give you a chance to get settled and it's a shame
I know right????
beefycheese
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4769 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Tammy »

Lol that would have been hilarious!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4770 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:37 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 4768, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 4764, kuribo wrote:Bork, they just didn't give you a chance to get settled and it's a shame
I know right????

I think you were just too blazingly town in tenet :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4771 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I love the limited pages thing but i think the idea of outed scum being able to torpedo a day with spamming against it is against the spirit
beefycheese
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4772 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Prism »

Damn it's great that all the players that said they loved playing w/ me show up AFTER the game and not WHEN I WAS CRYING OUT FOR THEM AT ALL HOURS OF THE DAY

Kidding, I meant what I said about appreciating Spiffeh, Tammy, Bell, and yes even u bork, and had a blast

It didn't surprise me that bork didn't torpedo the day, it's awful to actually spam the game, but I 100% would not have been so kind and would have probably tried to haggle some agreement out with the mod to cut the day short without making several hundred posts
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4773 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 4772, Prism wrote:and yes even u bork, and had a blast
i feel the same
beefycheese
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4774 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4772, Prism wrote:Damn it's great that all the players that said they loved playing w/ me show up AFTER the game and not WHEN I WAS CRYING OUT FOR THEM AT ALL HOURS OF THE DAY

Kidding, I meant what I said about appreciating Spiffeh, Tammy, Bell, and yes even u bork, and had a blast

It didn't surprise me that bork didn't torpedo the day, it's awful to actually spam the game, but I 100% would not have been so kind and would have probably tried to haggle some agreement out with the mod to cut the day short without making several hundred posts
I meant what I said in the game btw. You're very good and a pleasure to play with.

Hope to see you again soon!

Also Kuribo? You're best kind and I love ya. Anytime, anywhere, I'll always play with you. Also inbox is always open in the same way if you need me. I've been playing this game with you so long, I honestly feel like...

there are people on this site I have played with so long and more or less grown up with? It's like a kind of extended family in a way, aha.

So ye if you ever need me Kuribo. <3
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”