Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4775 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 4762, borkjerfkin wrote:Bell i think you in particular are cognizant of my occasional venom i bring out when playing scum

And while its a tool that works some of the time its not the person i wanna be
Yup. I tend to be meaner as scum too.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4776 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by notscience »

adorable bell is town bell
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4777 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm not that adorable, but you have the right idea.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4778 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

The scum scum interactions messed me up
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4779 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

The scum scum interactions messed me up
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #4780 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4778, Dunnstral wrote:The scum scum interactions messed me up
+1 they just imploded which is rare for a mastina scumteam.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4781 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

mastina was very busy and basically absent for most of day 1
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4782 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Mafia PT released along with Bell's Notes PT and KTT's hydra PT. See the original PT links post for this updated info.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4783 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Thank you penguin for modding!

Serene needs to return so that kuribo can teach me how to scum hunt and I can teach him how to be the day 1 yeet in every game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4784 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:45 am

The only player I've been able to read is Titus, and Titus scumreads me every single time.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4785 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Titus »

You inherited your scumread based on the votes. I was sticking with the votes with the theory the scumteam hadn't imploded because emotional reading takes psychological efforts that I just lacked. You never had a shot and I'm sorry for that.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4786 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:50 am

Post by mastina »

CLEARLY, this was a game won by an OBVIOUSLY ridiculously townsided setup, IN NO WAY could this town stomp just be due to good townplay. :shifty:

:P

<3

(For those who don't get joke-tone: from a role perspective, I'd actually say that if anything, this game is rather notably scumsided. Town had a grand total of four real power roles. One, the BP BG, scum had a hard-counter to in the form of the strongman. Two of them, the masons, are conftown but the moment they're exposed it's ridiculously easy to nightkill them thanks to said strongman, and due to a significant amount of the town's power being in them thanks to them being the artifact distributors, early eliminations on them cripple the town. The fourth, Tammy's role, is basically a combination of a Vanilla Cop and a Detective: it is a role that fundamentally cannot get a hard-innocent; it is a role that, fundamentally, cannot get a guilty on scum that haven't used their artifacts; it is a role that, fundamentally, cannot get a guilty on scum that have used their artifacts but truthfully claim to have had them and used them. It can ONLY get a guilty on scum that have used artifacts and lie about it, making it a conditional investigative role. Artifacts may bring it back to loosely balanced due to being an overall boon for the town without giving the scum much of an edge, but from the setup's roles alone disregarding artifacts I'd call it rather notably scumsided.

The fact that we got trounced in a game that was either balanced or if it leaned in any direction leaned towards being scumsided, should be a testament to the skill of the town; we got owned.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4787 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4701, borkjerfkin wrote:i am psychologically incapable of playing scum apparently
Pretty much same tho in my case there was at least some strategy involved. :P

For the town who didn't get to see it, basically, I was counting on being wagoned up to like 7, then the wagon falling apart--in the middle of the day, this would have worked. (See also: LLD near the end of day on the wagon on me. Had that been LLD's reaction to a middle of the day wagon on me, the wagon would've collapsed without issue.) Unfortunately, I made a miscalculation; the wagon on me was too close to the deadline.

And then there was the obvious adaption. I wasn't going to let myself die for free, but with the other wagon being SirCakez, it was indeed better for me a goon to die over SirCakez the power role. The hope there was that my death wouldn't spew anyone as town except for possibly my scumbuddies (and in fact to potentially spew multiple townies as possible scum), with SirCakez as my scumbuddy, me voting him, and literally the entire scumteam voting me.

It ALMOST worked, but alas. Pooky, Prism, and more, collectively too OP. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4788 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:01 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4733, Prism wrote:It's actually cool how we all had bits of the puzzle this Day 2-4, a piece with me, a piece with Spiffeh, a piece with MB, and then at some point Detective Pooky did his best Adrian Monk impression and put all of them together
Fun fact: at one point in the game MathBlade had, from his vca, the
exact
correct distribution of where scum were. As in, "1 scum in {group with 1 scum in it}, 1 scum in {group with 1 scum in it}, 1 scum in {group with 1 scum in it}", and was dead on the money with the analysis of that distribution.

He did get 1 or 2 of his guesses as to who the scum in those groups were wrong, but the distribution was dead on the money and from this analysis he did correctly finger 1 or 2 scum.

But yes, you were a high performer; Spiffeh did pretty well at certain points; MathBlade had parts of the puzzle at certain points; Pooky reigns supreme for having the most important point and uniting the town on the rest. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4789 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4780, Titus wrote:
In post 4778, Dunnstral wrote:The scum scum interactions messed me up
+1 they just imploded which is rare for a mastina scumteam.
I mean it wasn't an implosion at least on D1; it was a deliberate choice in strategy: in this playerlist, I knew that I couldn't live for long; I knew that the latest I could make it was to like D3 at the latest; I knew that my inevitable scumflip had a high chance of spewing many players as town and potentially outing my partners; I played in a way that was meant to give the maximum number of possible ways to subvert this, and I'd say it was highly successful in that regard. How many players were fingered as a possible scumbuddy of mine on D2? Pooky was named; MathBlade was named; Titus was named; PRISM of all people was named; DGB was named; the kuribo hydra was shot by the vig; BM might have been named; I believe Spiffeh was named as well. Oh, also Dunnstral as a counterwagon to me that I adamantly refused to join.

~9 people, all town, named as a possible scumbuddy of me from my D1 play is a pretty good place to be given the caliber of this playerlist.

Granted, I knew scum dead on D1 wasn't optimal; it was making the best of a bad situation. (Both being wagoned with less than 48 hours until deadline rather than in the middle of the day phase, and having the counterwagon to me be a scum PR.) If the counterwagon wasn't a scum PR and/or the wagon on me was earlier, I probably could have lived, but with the wagon emerging so close to deadline and the only other option being a scum PR, I feel like the correct call WAS to have me be the D1 elimination.

It
almost
worked out for us--if SirCakez could have lived, then the game becomes much much easier for the scum. Pooky doesn't get elevated to conftown and remains a suspect. Prism paranoia can potentially go through. MathBlade and Titus are both highly likely eliminations. Dunnstral also is another potential one. If SirCakez lives, that's ~3 fairly easy eliminations on top of the DGB elimination with paranoia potentially leading to 1-2 more.

So there was room for it to work, if SirCakez lived. If the town was slightly less unified, slightly less on point, slightly less swayed by the magic of Pooky, then the scum had an actual wincon here imo from the lack of completely correct analysis of D1 with nobody having all the pieces and with the hard disagreement between them it was possible for scum to navigate that disagreement to stay alive and force compromise eliminations that would inevitably be on town.

But Pooky OP; all of this relied on SirCakez living, and Pooky made sure he didn't, and once SirCakez died, the scum's window for winning the game just vanished. Because the SirCakez elimination is what the town needed to unify together.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4790 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:22 pm

In post 4785, Titus wrote:You inherited your scumread based on the votes. I was sticking with the votes with the theory the scumteam hadn't imploded because emotional reading takes psychological efforts that I just lacked. You never had a shot and I'm sorry for that.
Your VCA always gets me wrong, too.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4791 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:22 pm

Mastina, you're a good sport <3

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4792 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4791, DrippingGoofball wrote:Mastina, you're a good sport <3
I mean this was a playerlist featuring Tammy, Spiffeh, PookyTheMagicalBear, Titus, MathBlade, Prism, Dunnstral, Battle Mage, fferyllt, Nachomamma8, kuribo, Malakittens, you, Lady Lambdadelta, and Bell.

How can I be anything but when losing to a town like that? :P

It's literally a playerlist filled to the absolute brim with absolute all-time legends, some present, lots past--and even if the past all-time legends have had their skills dulled, they are still legends for damn good reason worthy of respect in their skills/talents and this game is exactly why. :P
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4793 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

I want to state that the mod household felt this was about 55-45 balanced in favor of scum.

Subscores:

Penguin-human: 60-40 Scum-Town
Cabd-human: 50-50 Scum-Town
Sproglet-human: "Oh look a shiny thing, let me chew on it"
Percy-cat: Feigned indifference
Selene-cat: Real indifference
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4794 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Bell »

Yes, I am a veritable Mafia God.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4795 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by fferyllt »

sometimes, an "all star" player list winds up being toxic. I think the potential for game-cratering conflicts was here, but town pulled together well enough to maintain some cooperative game-solving.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4796 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Bell »

Yeah, conflict is inevitable but town or scum can make it work for them.
I could have been a real shithead this game, but for the most part I wasn't and didn't just say the first thing that came to mind in response to what someone else was saying.

Reflexive defensiveness is hard to navigate around, but you can temper it. There were multiple times when people made a choice not to escalate or really take the gloves off and I think it worked to town's advantage for the most part.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4797 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Bell »

I liked reading the scum PT and KTT PT.
I think it probably would have gone better for the scum team if Mastina and GI weren't so busy and their survival was prioritized.
I don't really think I'm a respect junkie, I'm a town read junkie.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4798 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4795, fferyllt wrote:sometimes, an "all star" player list winds up being toxic. I think the potential for game-cratering conflicts was here, but town pulled together well enough to maintain some cooperative game-solving.
+1 my reads may have been garbage but I did watch the toxicity at least.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet