electoral college mafia (now its done watch it go)

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:59 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 2510, bugspray wrote:flea please just fucking vote me already so it doesnt look like a bus
:D

early in d1 i'd like to think i kept town in disarray for long enough for my teammates to do useful stuff
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:03 am

Post by bugspray »

also big shout out to me not realizng enchant replaced into my scum partner's slot which made my interactins with him early on completely genuine

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:06 am

Post by bugspray »

my redacted pt is open (yeah i fucking deleted posts instead of editing them to be blank, ban me)
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86144&p=12656883#p12656883

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:05 am

Post by schadd_ »

free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:28 am

Post by T3 »

In post 2948, Vaxkiller wrote:Da real champ is enchant. You had some sick plays that convinced me you were town. Nice job!
Yeah, ebnchant played realy well.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Gypyx »

Subject: electoral college mafia MAFIATE
Enchant wrote:I think, you will flipped almost certanly.

I don't know what to do with Alien claim. It looks so bad.
sorry for giving you the trash claim enchant lol, think it worked out well though
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Enchant »

Yea, pretty.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2944, Flea The Magician wrote:For me the Scum Neighbourhood was just a mod-approved fakeclaim, and sadly I know Mastina well enough to know she'd Conftown me on that when it came to.

No redactions from me, let my play be known to all xD I am absolutely not sorry at all for this.
Yeah that was brutal.
Mastina confirming my scumreads made it difficult.

I couldn’t shake G being scum and now I know why.

Called it the messenger alien was scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

also mastina, ftr i misunderstood your message, i thought it meant "i'll reveal you publically"

my bad on that part xd
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2936, T3 wrote::|
I was dead wrong on just about everything.
mafia neighbors though.
Pretty much yeah.

I take full blame for the loss but I don't see a realm where this was in any way shape or form anything other than a scumsided setup.

ONE of {Flea, Enchant} being a scum role I could MAYBE see it being balanced with the other being town.

BOTH of them being scum means that town had, in a Large with 19 players and 4 scum with a mechanic that is if anything itself scumsided:
A role that can only become conftown if investigated by the rolecop (mine), which was 3-shot;
The combined 3x rolecop doctor;
The jailkeeper mailman;
The simple doctor;
The 2x tracker;
The N3 N4 cop.

That's not Large Normal levels of town power--that's literally MINI NORMAL levels of town power. (Well, very very slightly above. Six roles is about one too many for a 13p mini normal.)

Especially given how gated the roles were.

Rolecop couldn't get a guilty in this game, and was mostly as a protective.
The simple doctor couldn't save any of the PRs.
The tracker is incredibly unlikely to get any useful results because being two-shot, it's nearly impossible to get the scum nightkilling, especially in a game like this with the oddnight alien and the jailkeeper.
The majority of the town's power is in what amounts to a double-novice 2x cop--two innocents/guilties at most, AT BEST.

In contrast, the scum have a scum neighborhood which is literally one of the strongest scum roles in existence at least statistically speaking. In singleball, scum neighbor(specifically, multiple scum in a neighborhood) / scum neighborizer has one of the highest power rates of any scum PR, to the point where it is literally on par power-wise with AN UNGATED SCUM ROLEBLOCKER (traditionally one of the strongest scum roles in the game). It has a close to 100% scum winrate for damn good reason; it is something that towns struggle to identify and eliminate.

On top of that, scum have a role that is singlehandedly a counter to literally every town role in the game (aside from a day role that cannot be used outside of a 3p lylo--vengeful cannot be used effectively on evens or on 5p lylo because a vengekill in 5p lylo is still a town loss), with its only restriction being odd-night.

The setup was pretty damn scumsided imo, well past the 60% range; I'd say that town with these roles in this setup has a ~20-25% chance of winning.

That having been said.

I'm not going to blame the scumsided setup for the loss.

I'll take full responsibility for it; I fucked up, big time.
Also, Flea and Gypyx/Enchant both played quite well, so full credit to them, too.

While the setup was scumsided, I feel like they could have won the game even with it not being scumsided especially due to me putting too much stock into them being town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by mastina »

Subject: ELECTORAL COLLEGE MAFIA MOD THREAD (over)
schadd_ wrote:there's this nice thing about mastina as mailwoman which is that if you get one of those messages then you know that there's like no way it could have ever been produced by someone who is not mastina
For the record I feel like my role was very very very weak from a theoretical standpoint--town vengeful never wants to be outed or use their shot pre-3p lylo, and the mailman isn't that strong of a tool on its own. It's a role that for all intents and purposes, should be worthless, unless rolecopped by a stroke of luck.

I feel like I overperformed on the role--that it was much much stronger FOR ME than it was IN THEORY. And that I made it be more powerful than it had any right to have been.

Granted, didn't matter, I ended up messing up, butstill.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

See I found it quite balanced, really
A lot of the gated shots could maybe have used 1 more. Mafia neighbours to me is more a mod provided fakeclaim with no power, we had daytalk so the thread was redundant. The effect it has on people is a different matter :p

Our alien was just a mailman roleblocker. We got lucky nobody messaged the same target our blocker did.

For me it was more we were well coordinated enough to set up the busses, to utilise wifom and the claims and steer quite a few misyeets.

A different scum team could have been very different
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Do not blame yourself for the loss. You were instrumental for our whom, that doesn't mean the loss is your fault.

Mathblade only lived that long because he was clashing with you, as soon as the clear happened it was yeet time
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:06 pm

Wow phone.
*Win
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 12:51 am

Post by Auro »

Gg! Sorry, I messed up on a buncha things including my role, probably should have repped out early.

I was pretty sold on Enchant being town, though. :P
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 am

Post by flow trap »

Can I leave my hole now?
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”