gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:42 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2479, The Entity wrote:Equinox and I both have Nexus as vaguely town-ish for reasons that aren't strong enough to actually defend him from a wagon but at the same time "he isn't scumhunting" is very weak and bad, which is fine, but the level of commitment to the wagon doesn't exactly match the fervor of the case.
I would kind of agree with that sentiment but at the same time do you really think robert is more likely to flip scum?
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:43 am

Post by marry »

In post 2499, innocentvillager wrote:okay i kind of understand what's going on i think

to be clear pooky was killed by terrorist and not russians because russians can't kiill until night 2? am i understanding correctly
yes, dont worry i was asking questions like this up until like page 50 and i didnt even sub in
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:44 am

Post by joqiza »

My other pocket scumread is Church btw because they keep shading people I think might just be town playing poorly. They did it with Mog earlier and with Rob just now. They're relatively active I guess and if either of those slots flip scum then Church is probably just town. But that's the other slot I keep feeling like I wanna vote in the back of my mind rn.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:56 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2502, joqiza wrote:My other pocket scumread is Church btw because they keep shading people I think might just be town playing poorly. They did it with Mog earlier and with Rob just now. They're relatively active I guess and if either of those slots flip scum then Church is probably just town. But that's the other slot I keep feeling like I wanna vote in the back of my mind rn.
I was actually going to bring them up, because I was reviewing their ISO earlier to clarify my read on them, since I hadn't liked them early but felt that might have biased my perception of their later posts. And on a look back, my view was more or less unchanged: they don't look like they're interested in solving the game. I don't like it considering the volume of their posting, a disproportionate amount of which is focused on arguing with mognet in a way that seems intent on tearing him down. I also agree with the sentiment their attacks seem mostly geared to attacking people for bad/illogical play moreso than scummy behavior.

By contrast, the entity, another slot I had vague gut twinges on, looks all right. The way they engaged with mognet looks like they were actually trying to reason with him and get through to him. Timing of the mastna callout on reck's entry into the game also looks good.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

i don't think i ever stopped having badfeels about church but i'd still struggle to tell you why
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:13 am

Post by innocentvillager »

would someone do me a favor and summarize what we know about the game so far

ive iso'd cakez and read the rules so i know what's going on there somewhat

but like public claims, etc., why scum!mastina got wagoned so quickly, etc.

just a brief summary would be appreciated, thanks
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:16 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2464, Vaxkiller wrote:@gorilla

Townbloc
Vaxkiller
gorilla
LadyLamdaDelta
T3
SaveTheDragons

I think Titus and Cephir are town too, what are your opinions on them?
I reviewed your defense of T3, and I have to say I don't really find it convincing. I find his vote on mastina hellaciously awkward, and given his inexperience I could easily see it being a bus especially given how he was initially resistant to it.. Further, looking at his ISO, all his reasons for his scumreads have been pretty much garbage. There's trying to shade bell for "high postcount low content" (), attacking DV for townreading deathnote for reasons T3 says doesn't make sense, (/), this incredibly awkward shade of RMH for silent voting (), saying VFP "almost felt over fixated on mastina fpossibly flipping scum" (), which is an utterly baffling read that makes no sense, and finally, a vote on Nexus for no reason at all ()

No, not only should he not be part of any towncore, he should be one of the first to go. There's absolutely nothing in his content that looks American to me. I want him nowhere near endgame and to suggest his name above many other people is insulting.

Save The Dragons, in my examination, crossed the "towny enough" threshold but isn't close to among my top town reads. He had a few solvy-looking posts, and his engagement with me felt natural - he expressed suspicion of me, I explained myself, and he backed down. Didn't feel agenda-driven. But I'm curious why you'd have him as a top town read.

I do lean town on Titus as well, not strongly there either but enough to not want her dead. I mostly think she doesn't approach the day 1 wagon the way she did as scum, and her conviction on Nexus feels genuine enough. I do think Cephrir is town off an early gutread and tonal reasons, and the early callout of mastina definitely helps. He's a name I'd feel all right towncoring.
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:22 am

Post by marry »

In post 2505, innocentvillager wrote:would someone do me a favor and summarize what we know about the game so far

ive iso'd cakez and read the rules so i know what's going on there somewhat

but like public claims, etc., why scum!mastina got wagoned so quickly, etc.

just a brief summary would be appreciated, thanks
yeah! so
game started, we all voted for total war except samantha, so we're going through 2 phases of basically mafia scumhunting. tomorrow starts the nuking i believe
pretty quickly people who were familiar with mastina's meta scumread her and pushed on her, to varying degrees of confidence and agreement. the consensus of the scumread was essentially mastina's playstyle was easily readable for players here to her being scum, and her readlist and general posting was unnecessarily long + fake.
public claims so far are only robert claiming counterintelligence
if you read the last 20 pages or so you'll be caught up on like, pushes and stuff today
honestly i thought i'd have more to say but there was a lot of subs, talk about why people got subbed out, stuff like that in between everything.
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Et Al »

In post 2507, marry wrote:we all voted for total war except samantha
this is quite an inaccurate characterization. samantha killed total war almost as soon as the game opened.

-S
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:25 am

Post by marry »

In post 2508, Et Al wrote:
In post 2507, marry wrote:we all voted for total war except samantha
this is quite an inaccurate characterization. samantha killed total war almost as soon as the game opened.

-S
i wasnt there im just parroting what was told to me. samantha voted against total war immediately* and thats why we're here
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Et Al »

In post 2507, marry wrote:pretty quickly people who were familiar with mastina's meta scumread her and pushed on her, to varying degrees of confidence and agreement. the consensus of the scumread was essentially mastina's playstyle was easily readable for players here to her being scum, and her readlist and general posting was unnecessarily long + fake.
This also feels inaccurate, honestly. LLD, the primary pusher of the mastina wagon, argued that mastina should be killed because her playstyle was anti-town (and also because she thought she was scum, but that was secondary).

-S
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:34 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 2510, Et Al wrote:and also because she thought she was scum, but that was secondary
lol

okay thanks guys!

probably won't read D2 in its entirety but will try to at least skim through it
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:41 am

Post by marry »

In post 2510, Et Al wrote:
In post 2507, marry wrote:pretty quickly people who were familiar with mastina's meta scumread her and pushed on her, to varying degrees of confidence and agreement. the consensus of the scumread was essentially mastina's playstyle was easily readable for players here to her being scum, and her readlist and general posting was unnecessarily long + fake.
This also feels inaccurate, honestly. LLD, the primary pusher of the mastina wagon, argued that mastina should be killed because her playstyle was anti-town (and also because she thought she was scum, but that was secondary).

-S
i probably shouldnt have been the one to summarize it tbh this is better
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:45 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 2511, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2510, Et Al wrote:and also because she thought she was scum, but that was secondary
lol

okay thanks guys!

probably won't read D2 in its entirety but will try to at least skim through it
A significant majority of the content was people yelling at your slot (mognet currently remains top poster by a comfortable margin, for reference)
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2510, Et Al wrote:

-S
I mean, at least portray them as equal. I scumread Mastina first before I went on that crusade, lol.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:51 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2493, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2491, DeathNote wrote:
In post 2490, marry wrote:also someone said it already but i agree with the fact that VFP, nexus, and robert will all likely just. be nuked. daystart tomorrow??? so does it truly matter who goes over today
I'm so ready. I wanna I wanna I wanna
why aren't you voting
No Votes, Only Nukes.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

but from what i learned yesterday when you vote you get to the nukes faster
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Et Al »

In post 2514, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I mean, at least portray them as equal. I scumread Mastina first before I went on that crusade, lol.
Maybe, but at least to me it didn't feel like they were equal.

-S
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2517, Et Al wrote:
In post 2514, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I mean, at least portray them as equal. I scumread Mastina first before I went on that crusade, lol.
Maybe, but at least to me it didn't feel like they were equal.

-S
I have proven in multiple games prior that I am willing to let a town mastina live against my better judgement.

This game, I simply stopped caring if she was possibly down due to a misread. I justified that my read was strong enough to want to kill her, and my desire to see her out of the game was strong enough that I didn't care if I was wrong.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:00 am

Post by marry »

so what you mean is that Lady girlboss'd it up
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2500, gorilla wrote:
In post 2479, The Entity wrote:Equinox and I both have Nexus as vaguely town-ish for reasons that aren't strong enough to actually defend him from a wagon but at the same time "he isn't scumhunting" is very weak and bad, which is fine, but the level of commitment to the wagon doesn't exactly match the fervor of the case.
I would kind of agree with that sentiment but at the same time do you really think robert is more likely to flip scum?
Robert has rolled over and given up under the slightest pressure, I could absolutely see scum just imploding here.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:52 am

Post by samantha97 »

robert is confirmed town from my point of view
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am

Post by samantha97 »

Vaxkiller Bell gorilla Robert M Hunter Koto T3 innocentvillager

anyone touching those people are mafiaclaiming
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am

Post by marry »

care to explain
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 am

Post by samantha97 »

Vaxkiller- I don't believe vaxkiller asking for robert's role was performative, there's also something else I noticed but I forget what it was lol, I'd have to reread

Bell- a beautiful pure soul

gorilla- I am not familiar with gorilla but his posts all have a town mindset, also I'm unironically trusting that prophetic build the zoo email I got

Robert- M Hunter offered role info for no reason that exposed himself to criticism/possible death, playing unlike himself as mafia from what I can tell

Koto- I don't believe mafia ydrasse would replace out over that, unless there was spillover into mafia chat and they are teammates

T3- was not on board with the planned bus to an awkward degree

innocentvillager- outside of hyperparanoid good cop theory, they've taken a lot of risk to be mafia (even with that theory), also I have another not-so-paranoid but still paranoid theory that they are going against as well

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”