DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I have this one theory that if I nuke enough people, I will eventually kill all the commie creepsters hiding in the pinnacle of modern society that is America.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 744, The Church of Skitter wrote:ya ig I am stating the obvious. If u townread me for stating the obvious ur bad idunno a nicer way to put it tbh.
yeah, you're misinterpreting me. I'm saying gorilla's post was plain.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by The Church of Skitter »

In post 745, joqiza wrote:@church

i always have a tough time explaining it which is why people never listen to me. mostly it's just pattern matching the way she's approached the game with how she usually does as town vs. scum.

i thought she might be town from her first few posts anyway just because she presumably read her role PM and hopped right into thread and she came off town to me there, but i wanted to wait and gauge her a bit more first.

the way she's approached pooky in particular feels like her town game to me. like i think she is just trying to get a grip on the game in an unfamiliar context in the way she knows how.

as either alignment she has a sort of "survivor" mentality where she's looking to almost make friends/alliances and that trips people up sometimes.

i don't have a 100% read rate on her, when we first started playing mafia together she used to trick me a lot, but i like to think that it's those early experiences that let me know what to look for. i once correctly read her as 3P in a game--ask her about that some time.
Okay so explain the pattern to me to the best of your ability. Give it your best shot and you should be fine.

Why do you think Marry approaches Pooky the way they did as town and what do you think she would do if she was scum?
Marry's read on Pooky seems unreasonably strong to me and tbh, that could be concerning? Like they were like "What no way Pooky is literally defending the motherland" or something I don't remember exactly but I personally want to poke at this more.
Alisae + Menalque
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:43 pm

In post 751, Bell wrote:
In post 744, The Church of Skitter wrote:ya ig I am stating the obvious. If u townread me for stating the obvious ur bad idunno a nicer way to put it tbh.
yeah, you're misinterpreting me. I'm saying gorilla's post was plain.
oh I just don't know what you're talking about.
Alisae + Menalque
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Bell »

The mary pooky interaction does feel slightly weird.
I can't really tell if it's just outgoing Marry who is relaxed town just trying to make jokes,
If they're scum with Pooky and trying to figure out how to talk to one another, but they're coming off forced or trying to emulate themselves through a fun house mirror.
Or if they're just scum looking for something to do.

I dunno, they all sound sort of plausible to me and, you know, there's a lot of other possibilities.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Bell »

I feel like I'm posting just for the sake of posting.
I'll go back to town lurking, not scum lurking.
See you tomorrow.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by joqiza »

i don't think marry/pooky are ever SvS even in the universes where i'm wrong about marry being town. but at that point i'm already off base i guess.

i don't really know how to explain what i see except to give the context that marry isn't typically a "nail scum to the cross on d1" kind of player. she usually shines more in lategame. her posts give me the sense that she was trying to find a couple townreads. and just like, trying to have fun and not get overwhelmed by the size of the table. this is a bigger crowd than both of us are used to i think.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Bell »

Sure, Joqiza. You're probably town so I'll keep that in mind.
Please keep this in mind though,
I am very, very tired of friend reads that end up being wrong, so come back to marry with a comb later and see if something gets stuck.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by joqiza »

yeah that seems like a fair ask and i can do that
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 752, The Church of Skitter wrote: Why do you think Marry approaches Pooky the way they did as town and what do you think she would do if she was scum?
Marry's read on Pooky seems unreasonably strong to me and tbh, that could be concerning? Like they were like "What no way Pooky is literally defending the motherland" or something I don't remember exactly but I personally want to poke at this more.
i feel like i didn't answer this directly so i guess i'll try to clarify that i don't think she would approach pooky that way at all if she were scum... i think if she were scum her "buddying" would be more subtle.

i also think her read on pooky isn't really as strong as you seem to be saying here, it feels more like an early vibe thing to me

regardless i think marry is entirely capable of defending / explaining for herself so i don't think i need to be stepping in here and saying these things for her. i encourage you and anyone to apply pressure if that's what you feel.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:10 pm

In post 759, joqiza wrote:i feel like i didn't answer this directly so i guess i'll try to clarify that i don't think she would approach pooky that way at all if she were scum... i think if she were scum her "buddying" would be more subtle.
The 2 personalities seem to match. I know you know marry more than I do but I'm not sure I agree with it. I think because its Pooky its possible.
In post 759, joqiza wrote:i also think her read on pooky isn't really as strong as you seem to be saying here, it feels more like an early vibe thing to me
Ya I'm also asking because it wouldn't be impossible for me to misunderstand it
Alisae + Menalque
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by SirCakez »

[MCMAW SYSTEM] Attention Taskforce members, this is Command.

Cadet Merlot will be replacing overburdened Untrod Tripod.

Carry on soldiers.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by DeathNote »

HA

Kill em now Entity!
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 760, The Church of Skitter wrote:
In post 759, joqiza wrote:i feel like i didn't answer this directly so i guess i'll try to clarify that i don't think she would approach pooky that way at all if she were scum... i think if she were scum her "buddying" would be more subtle.
The 2 personalities seem to match. I know you know marry more than I do but I'm not sure I agree with it. I think because its Pooky its possible.
In post 759, joqiza wrote:i also think her read on pooky isn't really as strong as you seem to be saying here, it feels more like an early vibe thing to me
Ya I'm also asking because it wouldn't be impossible for me to misunderstand it
I'll just reiterate what I said at the end of . I don't think I can do as good a job of answering your questions as she can herself and I have no issue with people pressuring her at this stage of the game. So I encourage you and everyone else to engage her directly when you have the chance.

Welcome Merlot. :)
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by gorilla »

In post 722, Cephrir wrote:Seduce me with posts that make uninteresting observations on probability uwu

There is probably 1 scum in the last 4 players on the player list ;)
This feels like a rather flippant and reductive dismissal of my reasoning.
In post 723, The Church of Skitter wrote:
In post 719, gorilla wrote:You are right, that is a weird question. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, but there are a number of people who haven't said much so far:

[image]

Now, some people are probably just chilling and not taking the game very seriously. But I also think scum might show up early, place a vote for confirmation, and then simply not have the motivation to stay in thread for continued discussion, because they have no interest in hunting. I'm not saying every lurker is necessarily scum but I think attention should be given to those slots when the game proper starts.
tbh I'm not sure how this answer actually helps me. Can you list of a range of pages you think just doesn't have scum posting in them?
No
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Et Al »

In post 764, gorilla wrote:This feels like a rather flippant and reductive dismissal of my reasoning.
It read like it was making fun of samantha to me.

Though, I do have a similar view on "there are X scum in Y group" statements and gamestate proclamations about how active/inactive scum are probably being.

-S
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 764, gorilla wrote:This feels like a rather flippant and reductive dismissal of my reasoning.
i was responding to 721
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Nexus »

Merlot, draft a missile silo then read up. Let's get to DEFCON 3
Trans rights are human rights.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by mastina »

Fair warning, am very rired tandomly tonight for some reason. Dunno why but I'm very much not exactly lcid right now. I'm very very sleepy but I know that there's a good chance I won't be around tomorrow (my yusual off days are Tuesday and Saturday) so I feel like I should try tonight in spite of my tiredness.
In post 572, samantha97 wrote:does mastina usually put themselves out there like that as mafia
Depends. Peak scumastina or recent scumastina? The answer is different between the two. :P Peak scumastina is perfectly capable of doing just about anything, putting myself out there among them. Recent scumastina is a lurksack lurkfuck who posts the bare minimum amount to not be replaced, posts readslists rarely if ever, pushes barely enough to scrape by, doing just the amount needed to not die and often even when at threat of death doesn't do the needed towkr to avert it.
In post 563, Vaxkiller wrote:I don't buy this. I'm your BIGGEST scum read. and this is all you got? I'm not radiating town energy?
No, no, there was more, I was asked to explain how you were different and the lack of radiating town energy is the main way which you were different. There was also the fact that you seemed like scum, but you always seem like scum. The main difference between town you and scum you is that scum you looks like scum while trying to force being town and lacking a town auro whereas town you looks like scum while actually radiating a town auro.

However. While that was my initial assessment, I'm actually having second thoughts. It might be the tiredness factor but I actually AM seeing the town aura tow and it doesn't feel forced, it doesn't feel out of place, it actually looks reak so that means that I'm thinking you might actually be town here.
In post 571, joqiza wrote:so @mastina to be clear the unnerving thing about your read was the fact that you said you townread me AND marry. She really has not been present enough to have much of an idea abt her alignment besides rand.
marry was around for one page--one page was all I needed for the pichu(Hectic)-Ydrasse dynamic to townread it.
Obviously
, I would prefer more. And overall, I think you more town than marry (similar to how I thought Hectic more town than Ydrasse), in that IF the dynamic was faked the faker would be marry not you, but from what I've seen so far I'm not inclined to believe it was a fake. It's basically just. I could be wrong but I feel that for an earlygame read it's perfectly fine, it's a sort of thing that I can refine and revisit at a later time if need be but I'm going to stick by my initial impression of the dynamic being just...dynamic. For lack of a better term to use.

PookyTheMagicalBear
gorilla
Prism
Bell
Lady Lambdadelta
Cephrir
samantha97
joqiza

mary
Equinox/The Entity
DeathNote
Save the Dragons
Nexus

Robert M Hunter
DeasVail

Vaxkiller

Toogeloo
Titus

The Church of Skitter (Alisae/Menalque)
T3
Untrod Tripod
deep-city-lights

Et Al (Skitter/SS)

Locktown townreads lean town nullread (Vax is here until tomorrow when I'm less tired and to sort him again when so to speak sober so that I can figure out where to place him properly) lean scum scumread scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 579, Et Al wrote:
In post 551, mastina wrote:Exactly what it sounds like: a dynamic where the users cannot be scum-scum and cannot be scum-town because if it were scum-scum they wouldn't be able to keep it up and if it were scum-town the scum would struggle to realistically keep it up in a way fooling the town.
Sure, but why on earth does this apply to these two? They each have only a few posts toward each other, and they seem to mostly reflect a non-alignment-related friendship, which wouldn't be fake even if one or both of them were scum.
It's specifically BECAUSE it's a not-alignment-related friendship that it's a duyamic hard for scum to fake. It's something that scum struggle with, that sort of fluff with a tone that's hard to describe hwere they have a certain aura, a certain energy to them, that they bounce off of each other. Resonating with wone another and bouncing off of each other, sound waves amplified by the other where they play off of each other in a dynamic fluid way hard to fake. I call it the Ydrasse-Hectic (well, Ydrasse-pchu in the game it happened) dynamic because I have the tendency to call the dynamic after the most memorable example of a dynamic in recent memory and the most meomorable example of it to me was FL vs Titus thus the name of it being such.
In post 590, marry wrote:sad that i'm not seeing a wife option in the troops...
HI CEPHRIR IM ALSO SEATTLE-ISH!!!
Oh hey I am also technically Seattleish. Technically, in that I believe I count as "greater Seattle area" (which I believe is counted as "within 50 miles of Seattle" or something like that), because I live between Snohomish and Monroe, Washington. (More specifically, I live basically dead center between Snohomish, Monroe, and Lake Stevens, the three city-towns nearest to me, with me very near the intersections of Highway 2 and Highway 9. Tho the nearest city=-cty to me isn't Deeattle, it'd be Everatt because Everett be closer to me on I-5.)

Kinda surprised you didn't comment on my location since I have the between Shohomish and Monroe listed in there. (Even if you don't know the city of Snohomish Seattle's very near the county of Snohimish being just nearby, I think Seattle's technically King County tho? Could be wrong about that obv. I did get my Washington geography wrong for Kitsap County for instance so my Washington geogrpahy skills are somewhat lacking.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 648, DeasVail wrote:A lot of this has felt like just waiting for nukes and stuff.
Definitely liking DV town more for this btw. Dunno what about it, but it just is that this post reosnates as town for me in a way that I don't know why it's town it just IS town to me.

PookyTheMagicalBear
gorilla
Prism
Bell
Lady Lambdadelta
Cephrir
samantha97
joqiza

mary
Equinox/The Entity
DeathNote
Save the Dragons
Nexus
DeasVail

Robert M Hunter

Vaxkiller

Toogeloo
Titus

T3
Untrod Tripod
deep-city-lights

Et Al (Skitter/SS)

Locktown townreads lean town nullread (Vax is here until tomorrow when I'm less tired and to sort him again when so to speak sober so that I can figure out where to place him properly) lean scum scumread scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 650, DeasVail wrote:And the mastina pressure feels appropriate
Honestly, it feels like the pressure comes from largely scum because I legit feel like if town felt I was scum, they wouldn't use a vote to express it. :P

(Basically, not sure if that makes sense but like. If scum wanted to put pressure on me as an elimination, they would do os with their votes. But it feels like town whould instead of using votes to express thier suspicion instead just nuke me and get the flip that way.)

Obviously not all the votes on me are from scum, but I think scum are among the ones who pressur e me now.
In post 664, gorilla wrote:Honestly the pressure on mastina feels more awkward than mastina herself, I called out her entry post but seeing that it was a joke makes it effectively null, her reads are just whatever to me, definitely think if she's town some scum saw her as an easy push (Church and Lady's "votes" look iffy in that regard).
Basically this, essentially. It feels like the push on me is incredibly unnatural.

PookyTheMagicalBear
gorilla
Prism
Bell
Lady Lambdadelta
Cephrir
samantha97
joqiza

mary
Equinox/The Entity
DeathNote
Save the Dragons
Nexus
DeasVail

Robert M Hunter

Vaxkiller

Toogeloo
Titus

T3
Untrod Tripod
deep-city-lights/VFP

Et Al (Skitter/SS)

(no change aside from noting the VFP replacement which ahdnt' changed the read there because VFP's entrance is dead null)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 680, Titus wrote:I am having trouble getting into this game. I may just lol nuke when nukes are a thing.
Titus might be town here btw. Another tired-induced read maybe but I think that this post is town and it's enough to make me put her higher than she was at least.

PookyTheMagicalBear
gorilla
Prism
Bell
Lady Lambdadelta
Cephrir
samantha97
joqiza

mary
Equinox/The Entity
DeathNote
Save the Dragons
Nexus
DeasVail

Robert M Hunter

Titus
Vaxkiller

Toogeloo

T3
Untrod Tripod
deep-city-lights/VFP

Et Al (Skitter/SS)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 724, Bell wrote:Did Gorilla just say we should get the lurkers
I mean in general.
Eliminating lurkers is protown even if the lurkers aren't exclusively scum.
Lurkerpool is almost alwayus guong to ave at least SOME of the scum, if not MOST of them. Rarely does it contain ALL of the scum but it usually is in the 50-75% range of the scumteam being lurkers. So you're guaranteed to hit scum by shooting the lurkers.

Added bonus: if the town eliminates the lurkers, then even if the scum try to balance it out by eliminating the active posters, the overall activity will remain close to the same, rather than slowing down. Whereas if the town eliminates more active slots and the scum also eliminate the more active slots the game slows down because wit the active slots dead, the lkurkers as all that's left sont' dtop lurking just because they're the only ones left alive.

Plus in a game like this, with nukes available, when in doubt: nuke it out. As in, when you have doubts, nuke the lurker slot out. We can literally cull the herd of players by nuking the lurkers.

In this game specifically I doubt we get all the scum from nuking lurkers. Scum probably have 1-3 more active players, my guess being loosely around ~2. But that's still...how many scum are in this game? 4? 5? If there's 1-3 active scum players that's 1-4 (depending on number of lurkers and number of scum) scum in the lurkers, probably closer to the higher end of at least two.

So basically. I see the merit bhdin the theory.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 750, DeathNote wrote:I have this one theory that if I nuke enough people, I will eventually kill all the commie creepsters hiding in the pinnacle of modern society that is America.
Definitely liking DeathNote for town btw.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”