unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7500 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:33 am

Post by unwnd »

It heals 1 HP on it's own but it also says (you will heal based on the multiple of damage) I believe
Stop
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7501 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:34 am

Post by notscience »

How would it have interacted with Lee’s drop them to 1 HP thing
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7502 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:36 am

Post by unwnd »

To be honest

I don't want to think about it right now
Stop
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #7503 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Chara »

it's not a big deal, i just want Dunn to know i'm not
that
blind and it was confusingly worded to me. and i think could have been corrected given how i kept checking how my role worked/expressing pure confusion at the heals in discord.

this game has enough embarrassing quotes from Chara already.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #7504 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:09 am

Post by T3 »

I replaced out because something happened so I couldn't use discord :/
That pretty much domed my slot, sorry about that.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7505 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Bingle »

Thanks for the game, unwnd. Despite the issues I had fun and was glad I played. I’m sorry that the game fell apart so much, I know how rough that can be when you obviously put a ton into it.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #7506 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

GG all!

I enjoyed the flavor and game design so much!

Also, this is a great player list and that added so much to the game's complexity and enjoyability.

I'm a little sad that so much of the game's strategy will be locked away in discord servers for all eternity.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #7507 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks so much for all the effort you put into designing and running the game, unwnd, and thank you bork for all your input and help with this juggernaut of a game!

Idic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #7508 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

This game was a roller coaster to spectate.

@Unwnd, I think that the flavor and design was spectacular. Best I have seen in my short time on site!!

The errors were unfortunate - but as people have flipped, I started realizing just how much you were having to keep track of. Most roles had 2 actions they could preform every night x 24 players = you had an insane number of actions to resolve every single night. And also 24 players worth of hp and sp to track. - you had a monumental amount of things to keep up with, so don't beat yourself up too much for the error :/
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #7509 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Catboi - Unwnd happened to show me your role pm in the spectator thread, and we talked about it a bit there. I was also confused by the elemental damage, and had to ask several questions to understand. Unwnd informed me that at one point there was an ability that interacted with "damage" and he wanted it to interact with your ability [that ability eventually got cut], but he also did not want your ability to hit hp directly. That is why he made "elemental damage" function the way that it did.

@Cabd - Arte would have gotten the result that Flea and Chara were not the same alignment - so not a hard inno+guilty on their own. Flea had enough suspicion on them that it seems likely that would have been enough for a flea elim, which would have left an inno on Chara. We talked about that in detail in the spectator thread before you joined - but by the time you got there, it was being shortened to "an inno and a guilty"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #7510 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5304, Bell wrote:
In post 5300, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 5297, Bell wrote:I think this is about control for you and not about my alignment.
You think I'm a control freak or...?
Yes. I think you’re lukewarm-lite.
Glad to see I left an impression in our singular game together Bell <3

Spoiler:
Hell, less then a game together seeing as how you both replaced in, and replaced out. In our singular game day together
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #7511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 7508, Lukewarm wrote:
@Unwnd, I think that the flavor and design was spectacular. Best I have seen in my short time on site!!
Quoting this again, because I think that this was my overall take away while spectating, and do not want it to get buried in my other messages
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 am

Post by WhemeStar »

GG thanks for modding unwnd/bork this was a very fun game/playerlist.

Can you explain what my vision results were supposed to mean?
Im a dog that quacks
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #7513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Titus »

This was a great designed game.

It was a problem about NDMath not being able to confirm my action though. The prompt should have said most people have SP, not all. It made NDMath look scummier than they were.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #7514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 7508, Lukewarm wrote:The errors were unfortunate - but as people have flipped, I started realizing just how much you were having to keep track of. Most roles had 2 actions they could preform every night x 24 players = you had an insane number of actions to resolve every single night. And also 24 players worth of hp and sp to track. - you had a monumental amount of things to keep up with, so don't beat yourself up too much for the error :/
+1
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Chara »

oh and, apologies to morph. i was completely in the wrong in that interaction re: LLD.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 7515, Chara wrote:oh and, apologies to morph. i was completely in the wrong in that interaction re: LLD.
You weren't.

LLD weaponizes her real emotions. You wanting to defend someone you saw as hurting is not something you ever have to apologize for. You can own being wrong, but don't apologize for being nice.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #7517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 7515, Chara wrote:oh and, apologies to morph. i was completely in the wrong in that interaction re: LLD.
Thank you. This means a lot to me. There was no intent to be toxic behind anything we posted and I felt bad (and defensive) that our posting was viewed that way.

Idic
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7518 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Chara »

thank you Jingle. i appreciate the sentiment. but i was apologizing for what i had implied/said (i don't remember which) about morph's posting at the time, i feel i overstepped.

@ffery: yeah, i didn't think so. definitely some projection on my end.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7519 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Sigmund »

Thanks for modding unwnd!

this game was lit and pretty fun even if there were some errors.

and yea you definitely need to use a spreadsheet for this.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7520 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:33 pm

Post by mastina »

For the record.

I have made VERY lengthy thoughts about my rather notable disagreement with the modkill.

I did not quote anything--I literally was paraphrasing start to finish. Literally everything I was manually typing. No copy-pasting was done at all. None. Whatsoever. I was looking at the role PM in one tab, then manually switching to the other tab to type out what I thought was said in there in my own words, back and forth, over and over again. I was doing this every step of the way, start to finish, in being writing it in my own words.

Heck, I got modkilled for the chance of something which Toogeloo before me actually got. (One of the justifications for the modkill was giving me an unfair advantage where people would townread me for things that I couldn't fake. No less than two people townread Toogeloo for...things they thought he couldn't fake. And Toogeloo wasn't modkilled for HIS paraphrase, which set the precedence and mod inconsistency between how I was treated and how Toogeloo was treated.)

Something which there was actual tangible evidence that I wasn't actually going to receive, no less. Prior to my modkill there were no less than two or three players doubting my claim. People were doubting my claim, people were thinking I might be lying, so clearly I wasn't actually gaining that advantage. Whereas Toogeloo with his paraphrase actually DID gain that advantage. Yet I the player who wasn't receiving the benefit described and who paraphrased my role second, got modkilled when the player who did receive the benefit described and who paraphrased their role first, did not.

I have many many more words to say on the subject but suffice to say: it was not the correct one as I was in no way shape or form quoting. I was, genuinely, writing it in my own words. The fact that there was a 7-word string of identical words was literally coincidence. I hand-wrote out words in my own words that in 7 words matched the original role PM but literally anyone who's played mafia for long enough has in their paraphrase of writing their own role PM managed to do similar where they said the original words in their paraphrase. Especially when the original role PM already used maximum succinctness wording. The more succinct a role PM is, the harder it is to paraphrase it because instead of removing/changing/altering words, you instead need to add words.

Something I would like to point out that I still did! I was breaking up the words used, I altered the words used, I shifted the phrases around, removing some, adding some, I changed some wording, I changed the phrasing. It was start to finish a paraphrase.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:57 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I replaced out in order to debate whether the modkill was justifiable fwiw and will post more when I am at my computer
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by VFP »

Good job everyone!
Makes me wish I joined from the start, game looked pretty good.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7523 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:24 am

Post by unwnd »

I'm not engaging in that conversation, either of you.

You wanna be right? Be right. I don't fucking care. Don't sign up for my games in the determined future. That's your freedom and I will not take that from you.
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7524 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:25 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I took the claim in as well as the text from the screenshot in post (I typed out what I saw in the screenshot; it's not the full role but is the text that can be seen in the redacted screenshot). I put both into an online tool that checks for plagiarism.

Spoiler: Here are the results

I will let people draw their own conclusions with the data.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”