Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Jingle »

I think that would be a mistake. First, there's a stark difference between not listening and not sheeping, and I don't think anyone should be sheeping the stumps. The stumps having too much influence on the lim just makes everyone else harder to read. Second, I find there's a surprising amount of accuracy in the reads of new players and people who are generally considered limbait, and removing the wifom of what if those takes are just coming from scum makes them much more valuable to examine. It is the last category I would have chosen on for a reason though.
This is a Parachute.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

I think WIM is the most important thing to bring in a stump game as a stump. To push things without fear of retaliation.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4249, jjh927 wrote:guaranteed survival to endgame
This is a drawback of the stump role, not a feature imo. A stump never gets the push to reexamine if they're on the wrong path because scum hasn't killed them off yet.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Jingle »

Fittingly, this conversation is how I imagined the stumping process would go, conflicting ideals over what people want in a stump and people bowing out of the process during that.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4251, DkKoba wrote:I think WIM is the most important thing to bring in a stump game as a stump.
I agree that this is important. If you'll note all of my proposed names were active and stayed active. I just fundamentally disagree with the idea that finding scum is a stump's primary utility.
This is a Parachute.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Titus »

I think having a whole phase to selecting the stumps dragged down the game. At max, if at all, include a 48 hour discussion period for those who want to be stumps. Then have everyone rate each other on a scale. Fewest two are stumps. Ties are broken randomly.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4254, Jingle wrote:
In post 4251, DkKoba wrote:I think WIM is the most important thing to bring in a stump game as a stump.
I agree that this is important. If you'll note all of my proposed names were active and stayed active. I just fundamentally disagree with the idea that finding scum is a stump's primary utility.
I agree with this.

A town stump's utility is to get the best from town, especially if they disagree from them.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 4235, Not_Mafia wrote:I brainfarted and either thought I had said I was targetting the Fey hydra or misread my own post where I said who I was targetting, I forget which
Lmao!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4255, Titus wrote:I think having a whole phase to selecting the stumps dragged down the game. At max, if at all, include a 48 hour discussion period for those who want to be stumps. Then have everyone rate each other on a scale. Fewest two are stumps. Ties are broken randomly.
I agree. The point of this game (other than to hopefully create a fun experience for the players) was to see if doing it this way would make the stump game paradigm less prone to toxicity, and I think the answer was a resounding no. This game was less toxic than some stump games in the past, but I think that's largely a testament to the characters of the people involved, not any measures I took. I would not suggest anyone try to recreate the experiment.
This is a Parachute.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

I will say I feel bad for norwee bc he didnt at least check out of the game lategame and i could see him trying so my goal was to pocket him the most
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:02 am

Post by House »

In post 4258, Jingle wrote:This game was less toxic than some stump games in the past, but I think that's largely a testament to the characters of the people involved, not any measures I took.
I know this is par for the course for the rest of the players in this game, but I'm proud of the fact that I was able to avoid the toxicity that once made me infamous.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

I played my slanky scum meta so i was less toxic
retired
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4252, Jingle wrote:
In post 4249, jjh927 wrote:guaranteed survival to endgame
This is a drawback of the stump role, not a feature imo. A stump never gets the push to reexamine if they're on the wrong path because scum hasn't killed them off yet.
I mean, if you don't get too stuck in the POE mindset then you can reexamine anyway. I don't think I've ever reexamined the game as a consequence of remaining alive
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Jingle »

Oh, and regardless of the scumsidedness of the setup itself, I definitely think scum earned this win with good play, let me be clear on that.
This is a Parachute.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Titus »

I think most of town expected a weak hider to have no counterplay, which is bad thinking on our parts.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Titus »

The hydra did recover after their flub.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:44 am

Post by cyrus62 »

oh i would have so much fun as strump people would get so angry.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4265, Titus wrote:The hydra did recover after their flub.
Nancy actually scumslipped on d3
retired
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Titus »

Where?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3349, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:\o/. He’s checking jjh. Xmas came early. :)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

Meant for the scum pt
retired
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Titus »

I inferred that was town overconfidence in the game being solved.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Now I’m wondering if my one offsite scum slip could have been played around without faking post restriction
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 4210, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4206, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also DGB basically not playing and having no WIM whatsoever is probably directly correlated with them being given an confirmed town role. They didn't really care about the game because there was no threat to them and thus it was more boring to solve too.
Loyal neighbourizer or mason is more fun but I would have had WIM but you really never want to be IC at any rate because you’re basically an just an NK waiting to happen.

Also, Pooky v FL was ridiculously townsided. Town had disloyal cop, roaming doc, ungated vig and a supersaint enabler, while we had an alien, supersaint and 2 freaking goons ffs! lolololol

And Mastina, I don’t recall you calling that extremely townsided, which it clearly was.
You are both right.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4267, DkKoba wrote:
In post 4265, Titus wrote:The hydra did recover after their flub.
Nancy actually scumslipped on d3
:(

I was planning on redacting this. :(

Now if I ever use that phrase, “Xmas came early,” people will autoassume this and I’ve used this expression as town as well.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”