Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:00 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 2.8

TargetWagon
Cupcake Butterfly
(5)
Bingle (), Almost50 (), GuiltyLion (), Bell (), Titus ()
Almost50
(4)
FakeGod (), Yuri Gagarin (), Dusa (), UNOwen ()
Yuri Gagarin
(1)
OkaPoka ()
Bingle
(1)
DrippingGoofball ()
T3
(1)
Save The Dragons ()
Titus
(1)
T3 ()
Not Voting
(2)
Cupcake Butterfly, LavarManos

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to eliminate. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2021-07-03 18:30:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1840, Dusa wrote:That thought is so silly! Mafia only get 3 murders all game!
Mafia get a maximum of four venges before the setup change, and that's kind of my point.

I'm potentially very dangerous as endgame town, was being sheeped on mechtalk by literally the entire thread (even Oka was sheeping me in another thread when he started), was a fairly universal townread based solely on my own contributions, and scum don't have the guarantee of being able to kill annoying town voices before they can speak their mind later. I don't think "I'm a fairly likely elimination" is at all a reach there.
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1851, Bingle wrote:
In post 1840, Dusa wrote:That thought is so silly! Mafia only get 3 murders all game!
Mafia get a maximum of four venges before the setup change, and that's kind of my point.

I'm potentially very dangerous as endgame town, was being sheeped on mechtalk by literally the entire thread (even Oka was sheeping me in another thread when he started), was a fairly universal townread based solely on my own contributions, and scum don't have the guarantee of being able to kill annoying town voices before they can speak their mind later. I don't think "I'm a fairly likely elimination" is at all a reach there.
You're more full of yourself than Theseus!!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Dusa »

I think OkaPoka should let Yuri's secrets sit for one day! Just for Yuri's enjoyment! He can probably show his true colors best when he's happy! Sometimes when Zagreus makes me happy I-I... I blush!

I think OkaPoka's objections come from goodness though!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:13 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1848, FakeGod wrote:
In post 1842, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: Bingle

Dusa you know what to do.
you wanna execute Bingle first?

I think A50 slot is fairly slam dunk from where I'm standing
Ok, we can do Bingle manana.
VOTE: A50
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Bingle »

I'd still like to hear your reasoning, DGB.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Titus »

Can someone explain the A50 wagon? I can't see why anyone would vote there over cupcake.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1856, Titus wrote:Can someone explain the A50 wagon? I can't see why anyone would vote there over cupcake.
I think Cupcake is also bad!

I think it is bad that Almost50 read Gamma's very bad posts and did not attack Gamma! Then he said he was only not hurting Gamma because too many people want to hurt Gamma! Then he posted that Gamma was likely bad, which is opposite!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 1856, Titus wrote:Can someone explain the A50 wagon? I can't see why anyone would vote there over cupcake.
Solo defended Gamma. A50 also defended Gamma. Gamma was scum.

It seems unlikely for two unconnected town aligned players to make exact same mistake.

I think the slot is scum and they were trying to defend their teammate.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1858, FakeGod wrote:

It seems unlikely for two unconnected town aligned players to make exact same mistake.

Why can't two players agree on a wrong read? I feel itchy on consensus reads.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Bingle »

Solo also had a pretty bizarre readslist right before flaking and A50 hasn't done anything particularly towny.

I'm not really in a hurry to end the day but it's a fine push.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1857, Dusa wrote:

I think it is bad that Almost50 read Gamma's very bad posts and did not attack Gamma! Then he said he was only not hurting Gamma because too many people want to hurt Gamma! Then he posted that Gamma was likely bad, which is opposite!
Couldn't this be changing his mind?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Dusa »

He gave absolutely no reason to change his mind! He just made a read list!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Bingle »

@Titus: A50's reasoning on Gamma.

Spoiler:
In post 1206, Almost50 wrote:I am unlikely to join the fast-growing Gamma wagon. I don't see anything scummy in their posts and I dislike the speed in which it got from 0 to 5 votes
In post 1207, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1202, Bell wrote:VOTE: Gamma bamma
Make that 6 votes on Gamma in what? 12 hours?
In post 1213, Almost50 wrote:It was NOT the largest wagon, Dann. There were at least THREE "larger wagons" at the time of the first vote, and at least 2 at the time of 2nd, 3rd & 4th votes. It was even tied with the other 2 at the time of the 5th. Your argument only applies to Bell's vote specifically
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Bingle »

FG, did you ever explain what about Gamma's CB progression looked non partner-y?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1713, Yuri Gagarin wrote:GL, why are you TRing bingle?
In post 1463, GuiltyLion wrote:As for the Bingle townread - he was scum in that same game and played a very different game than how he played here. Was a lot more aggressive, stirred the pot more pushing at players I townread, didn't seem as laid back/calm as he is here. I also had a hunch that his scumread towards me in this game was likely genuine - if Bingle was scum again here and knew that I am town, he would know that my activity was explicitly because I was coasting and hadn't turned on the jets for this game yet, which might make me harder to convincingly scumread/push as soon as the other game wrapped up. Instead, I find it more likely he's town, doesn't know my alignment, and if anything was genuinely suspicious that I wasn't matching my playing effort in the other game.
Basically it's a combo of having literally just played with him as scum where he felt much more aggressive and agenda driven than he does so far here, and my second point about how I think scum!Bingle would be less likely to scumread me so hard on D1 of this game if he knew for a fact that I'm town.

I know Bingle has said before that he respects my towngame, so I don't think he would want to risk putting himself at odds with me or starting a push he wouldn't be able to follow through on when he would know that my coasting early this game was solely due to an ongoing game that was going to wrap up soon.

I also don't really see why people are scumreading him? I don't think anything he's argued or posted so far has struck me as disingenuous nor particularly goal-oriented.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Dusa »

GuiltyLion! I want you to like me!

I think you are more likely to be good than average god seems to think! But not guaranteed good!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

full disclosure

i posted a ned flanders gif in the neighborhood
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1797, FakeGod wrote:Both Solo and A50 (his replacement) defended Gamma.

This slot is where I want to execute today.

VOTE: Almost50
In post 1858, FakeGod wrote:

I hadn't considered that two different players in the slot both defended Gamma, this is a good point. And Solo's defense of Gamma is pretty extensive and bad.

My main hesitation is A50 was so blatant about it. Maybe I'm getting sucked into trying too hard to big brain or I'm drinking the wine, but A50's defense was so explicit yet simultaneously not likely to reverse Gamma's fate that it doesn't feel partner-y to me. Am I wrong in thinking that way? What did scum!a50 really gain from his and ?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Bell »

What particularly about their defenses of scum was damning? Lots of town defend scum, I'd like to hear an argument as to why they're scum because of how they defended their scum partner rather than just because they defended them.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1832, UNOwen wrote:
In post 1695, GuiltyLion wrote: I'm not following what "spite voting" has to do with anything here? You opened trying to pick up the same questions you had towards Yuri on D2, to me that suggests you're still scumreading him. And then you voted him when he didn't answer them, which presumably means you scumread him? What changes by calling it a "spite" vote, are you saying you don't actually think Yuri is scum or a useful vote?
Spite vote not spite suspicion. The point being that if I wasn't interested in re-evaluating then I wouldn't have bothered putting the same arguments to Yuri that he'd already ignored.

Alternatively: if I had opened the day with a post along the lines of "still think Yuri is scum vote:Yuri" then the suggestion that I might have been intending to ignore the Gamma flip would feel more reasonable to me. What I actually did was quote a couple of points that I agreed with about the Gamma wagon then tried to improve my Yuri read as the starting point. Lazily done sure but distinct from what you said IMO.

As for my vote: I think Yuri is suspicious, but it's far from the most confident I've ever been on a scum read.
any thoughts on everything Yuri's posted today? I think this response to me is fine, but I don't like how you basically engaged with just me and then switched from Yuri to A50 without giving thoughts on like... anything else
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1857, Dusa wrote:

oh actually you know I forgot that A50 did switch to scumreading Gamma by EOD

which does make his half-assed defense of Gamma worse
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1824, Yuri Gagarin wrote:I mostly think you're just stuck in an awful tunnel rn
Famous last words. I feel like it's easy for him to argue on his approach to mafia as town then to play as it. If he didn't argue that it was bad for town to post in the neighborhood I'd be voting him and be screaming at the top of my lungs hat Oka is clearly an imposter in a chicken suit. I don't really think he's unaware of that.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by T3 »

I think guiltylion is town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Bell »

I lean town there. But it’s not confident just because he’s kind of on the straight and narrow as either alignment and I don’t want to make assumptions about activity levels and content generation. To me there seems to be a greater push to solve than when he’s scum but that’s a sample size of one. He’s low on my list of people I want to die soon though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”