Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 am

Post by Cabd »

With 6 players alive, it will take 4 votes to burn a servant.

Rider (1): Beast

Deadline for Day 4 is set at: (expired on 2021-07-30 23:05:00)

Page Usage: 6/18

Last edited by Cabd on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2273, Servant Assassin wrote:I believe Lancer is actually the most mechanically clear unless I missed something big because Avenger said the mod confirmed to him that Lancer was town. I really hope VFP's reading acuity is not so bad as to get that wrong.
I have Lancer as the weakest clear mechanically. I'm just trusting VFP's judgment there, partially because I feel like Lancer's play this game has been fairly consistently town.

I feel as though the only reason Alter Ego is even being considered here is because there are three players ahead of them mechanically. If I were to rank the players in terms of towniness based on play, it would be something like

Alter Ego
Lancer

Caster/Assassin

Beast
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2273, Servant Assassin wrote:but yes it is strange that beast gets both information on a starting clear + an investigative role + an ability that flavorwise is in sheilder's department. That said, Cabd definitely has taken pains to defy expectations for the power levels of abilities and NPs, so outguessing the mod in that area is quite difficult.
Not to mention Beast has also claimed information regarding a character that can't be in this game, which would have overlap with Avenger utility-wise.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2217, Servant Beast wrote:2. I could body guard shielder every night. However, I could not use my two shot investigate at the same time. I was asking abou how their death worked to see if I could revive them or bodyguard them post death, but nope.
3. 2-shot investigate -> Investigated Foreigner N1. Investigated Caster night 2.
I'm highly skeptical of the decision to investigate Foreigner here (when there were still two scum left) over protecting Shielder after claiming Shielder was confirmed town to them (unprompted no less) and on a night where Berserker couldn't die.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

the mod tells a person I’m town. how is that weaker mechanically than investigative clears which can be bypassed with abilities? Unless this game is bastard, a friendly neighbor, equivalent to an IC >>>>>>>>> any other clear
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Not super relevant to the issue at hand

I have utility overlap with Avenger, which was why I didn’t believe his claim. Avenger flipping town made me go “well clearly we cannot depend on ability descriptions to be a reliable indicator of alignment because look where that got me” and is also why I don’t really care for massclaiming.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Servant Beast »

It's a big red flag that Rider is making a case based on my posts right now, than my posts throughout the game.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Servant Beast »

There continues to be a lack of back and forth that was present in their earlier analysis in the game.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2279, Servant Lancer wrote:the mod tells a person I’m town. how is that weaker mechanically than investigative clears which can be bypassed with abilities? Unless this game is bastard, a friendly neighbor, equivalent to an IC >>>>>>>>> any other clear
Probably because scum messengers are a thing.

It depends on the nature of how they were informed, but it's not something that we can verify ourselves and they've already been flipped, so we just have to trust their word for it at this point.

Like I said, I think you're townier by play, just that I don't hold your 'clear' in as high regard as the others, and it's not like you're going to be eliminated anyways.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2281, Servant Beast wrote:It's a big red flag that Rider is making a case based on my posts right now, than my posts throughout the game.
In post 2282, Servant Beast wrote:There continues to be a lack of back and forth that was present in their earlier analysis in the game.
I've been talking about you all game.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Yeah, but you're not picking over the scraps that you overlooked the first time.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Nor are you weighing evidence that contradicts your own narrative. Like you've done earlier.

Also, no, I really should not have protected Shielder when I had two investigates to go through. @_@
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2285, Servant Beast wrote:Yeah, but you're not picking over the scraps that you overlooked the first time.
What are you talking about?
In post 2286, Servant Beast wrote:Nor are you weighing evidence that contradicts your own narrative. Like you've done earlier.

Also, no, I really should not have protected Shielder when I had two investigates to go through. @_@
What do you think I should be considering that contradicts my narrative?

I mean, when the confirmed townie "Berserker" couldn't be killed on Night 1, and you went out of your way to out your supposed confirmed innocent of Shielder for no reason, then yeah, I do think you should've protected Shielder that night.

Especially when the alternative didn't even guarantee a fruitful result even if you managed to hit scum.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Servant Beast »

I don't really think that dying would have been more fruitful than using 2 investigates, and I'm genuinely not sure how you could think that either without spinning yourself into a knot.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Servant Beast »

...I'm talking about the idea of, when new information comes to light in a game, people generally go back and think "huh, based on this new information a lot of these posts have new context to them."
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Servant Beast »

You've played inflexibly the whole game. People tend to think that scum don't play that way, but I think that there's definitely a stubborn scum archetype out there that you fit. Have you ever interacted in real time with any of the members of the scum team rider? I'm trying to remember if you have.

As a side note, please jump in Alter, I swear to god if you just smile vacantly off to the side while town 1v1 to death as I go into a paranoia spiral I will be this guy -> :( post game.

Assassin's post makes sense.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Servant Rider »

You've still failed to mention what exactly I should be considering that contradicts my narrative. I'm also at the point where I don't see my reads changing barring some gamebreaking analysis.

However, with the way the 'clears' are playing, I don't really feel that motivated to give much more effort than I already have and am mostly just hoping to get eliminated today so I don't have to watch them continue to mosey around.
In post 2290, Servant Beast wrote:Have you ever interacted in real time with any of the members of the scum team rider? I'm trying to remember if you have.
No idea, actually. Probably not.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Servant Beast »

If you were gunna change your mind I think you'd have done it by now. I have 363 posts. It's not like there isn't enough information to correctly read me with. I've...made a lot of posts about why I'm not scum this game.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Servant Rider »

I feel like it's a pretty solid scum iso, and I applaud you for it.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Thanks buddy. I do my best.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Servant Rider »

Whoa there. Careful with the 'b' word. We wouldn't want the others to get the wrong idea.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 2273, Servant Assassin wrote:It's fine to be paranoid. In particular I've been aware of the more neutral attitudes people take toward me simply because I've generally been reserved this game and don't have a high post count or activity. That's just my style of play in general and often I get eternally null read for it.

So even if I personally think I'm slightly more clear than caster (only because an explicit scum strongman flipped already), if Beast wanted to consider me just because it is hard for me to fault it. Of course the scum motivation for doing so is obvious. I believe Lancer is actually the most mechanically clear unless I missed something big because Avenger said the mod confirmed to him that Lancer was town. I really hope VFP's reading acuity is not so bad as to get that wrong.

I get the sense of trying to survive from Beast more than say you Rider, but I don't put the same value on how intrinsically scummy that is.

As far as claims go, I would have liked full information from Caster/Lancer (I really don't see a reason Caster has to hold back), but yes it is strange that beast gets both information on a starting clear + an investigative role + an ability that flavorwise is in sheilder's department. That said, Cabd definitely has taken pains to defy expectations for the power levels of abilities and NPs, so outguessing the mod in that area is quite difficult.
What made you decide to shoot for the master and leave your comfort zone? I remember you already mentioning the mechanical why I'm interested in hearing about your personal why.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Ugh, I don't want to go back and read the thread again, but I really should. :(
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I'm pretty sure Lancer is the strongest clear mechanically.

Kind of want to hear Alter Ego's Rider case now.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I don't think there's any point to debate the strength of the clears, as far as I'm concerned L/A/C is off the table and if one L/A is actually scum I'll just chalk it up to an unfortunate set of circumstances costing us the victory.

Let's figure out which two to eliminate from the three.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”