Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2373, Servant Beast wrote:Nothing points to Avenger reading the message they received incorrectly. This is extraneous information and doesn't change the core of Lancer clearing themselves. That a confirmed town member received a message that confirmed that Lancer was town by the mod.
Also, it has less to do with Avenger reading the message incorrectly than the plausibility that it could just be a scum mailman or something.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

fucking wild.

I said I would offer my claim if it was going to help someone determine the setup so we could figure out who the last scum is. I'm not claiming because you insinuate I might be scum for some ass reasons. that's not helping someone mechanically-minded determine who is scum based on the aggregate of the abilities.

Avenger said I was confirmed town. I maintain the only reason to doubt this is if you think Avenger and I are a scumteam. it does not matter whether the result he received is because I sent him a friendly neighbor message or someone else had one of those cop shots that get sent to another person or because of an ability he had himself. It doesn't make sense to me to be questioning the ability that caused it. the only way for this mod confirmation to not actually be a mod confirmation is if Avenger is lying, and he would only lie if we were scum together. The other possibility, as beast has mentioned, is that one might think he is incompetent enough that he read a message from me as if it was mod confirmation.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Servant Beast »

You can go back to tunneling me. I don't care what Lancer said they would do. There is no perceivable benefit to him claiming *anything* from a town perspective. What you're doing is intrinsically anti-town. VFP isn't a GOAT but he isn't a game thrower either.

@pedit: I already asked how it was formatted when he initially claimed, to make sure it wasn't a scum mail man. He said the message was clear.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

if you think it's a scum mailman, then why wouldn't you question Avenger about the message he received? wouldn't I just come up with an ability that seems real? once again, why would you question the ability that generated the clear as opposed to Avenger's interpretation of the message?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

yeah I'm sensitive to it because I literally never expected to be questioned about a friendly neighbor?? the fuck
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Servant Rider »

Ah, I see, he did confirm it wasn't a message sent.

I'm pretty sure I saw that Avenger said that the first time, but I just slid Lancer into the townpile and didn't think much of it afterwards. I'm also reading this game portions right now.

As far as why I would ask the person who was the source of the ability, why wouldn't I? It's called verification. Is Avenger being silly? Can Avenger be misinterpreting it? Like, obviously, Beast understood enough to question the validity of the claim, but you don't, which I don't really get.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Servant Rider »

Also, no one said it was a friendly neighbor ability until I asked you, so your reaction here is very uncalled for.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2370, Servant Rider wrote:And then in twilight, Lancer completely shuts down Caster and Assassin as potential clears, but based on the way they speak, seems to think they should still be treated as confirmed town.
I
clearly said
that they weren't 100% clear to me. scum can have a ninja or a godfather or what have you. seeing as it's impossible to know what cabd put in the setup, I was prepared to scrutinize caster and assassin just as closely as anyone else.
Berserker dying after Lancer sets up Rider + Beast eliminations is something I also find particularly disconcerting.
you're surprised... that a conftown died......?
Especially considering it feels like Lancer is content to phone it in as Alter, Beast, and I argue it out (although earlier it was mostly just me and Beast).
as I've already said, I have a lot of life stuff happening.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2380, Servant Rider wrote:Ah, I see, he did confirm it wasn't a message sent.

I'm pretty sure I saw that Avenger said that the first time, but I just slid Lancer into the townpile and didn't think much of it afterwards. I'm also reading this game portions right now.

As far as why I would ask the person who was the source of the ability, why wouldn't I? It's called verification. Is Avenger being silly? Can Avenger be misinterpreting it? Like, obviously, Beast understood enough to question the validity of the claim, but you don't, which I don't really get.
yes, beast questioned the message that Avenger received. that's the question that I believe would naturally come first. not "is the ability that sent the confirmed message real"
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

again - if you saw that Avenger confirmed it was a mod confirmation, why would it matter what ability generated the mod confirmation?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2382, Servant Lancer wrote:you're surprised... that a conftown died......?
It has a lot to do with your attitude this phase in that you're just in the 'let's eliminate Rider + Beast' mode. But you're not actually doing much at all in helping make the determination of who to eliminate first or if you're right at all.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2382, Servant Lancer wrote:as I've already said, I have a lot of life stuff happening.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2384, Servant Lancer wrote:again - if you saw that Avenger confirmed it was a mod confirmation, why would it matter what ability generated the mod confirmation?
Because players are generally morons and like to confirm players as town for bad reasons.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

my "attitude" is that my life shit comes first. I have a ton of tabs opened up that I intend to read, but unfortunately I can only get to it when I can get to it and not before then. which I've stated.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2387, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 2384, Servant Lancer wrote:again - if you saw that Avenger confirmed it was a mod confirmation, why would it matter what ability generated the mod confirmation?
Because players are generally morons and like to confirm players as town for bad reasons.
again
... then why wouldn't you be questioning Avenger about the message if you thought he was being a moron?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Servant Rider »

Yes, I get that. And I even said this wasn't a surefire scumread or anything, just that I was having second thoughts and wanted you to clear up some things.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2389, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 2387, Servant Rider wrote:
again
... then why wouldn't you be questioning Avenger about the message if you thought he was being a moron?
Because it's easier to just ask the source.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Servant Rider »

It's not like you were dead.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Servant Rider »

Or instead of just asking you directly, would you rather I just played 20 questions with Avenger on what he thought it was?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

your post implied that there was
doubt
on my ability confirming me, as opposed to "asking the source"
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

So what? Of course I doubted whether or not you were confirmed town. Why else would I ask about it?

I don't know why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

I kind of doubt scum would openly antagonize the conftown in this way and Rider's doubt feels town-motivated to me :<

I don't think it's a realistic expectation that we end up eliminating outside of Beast-Rider-AlterEgo for the duration of the game.

If there's some weird way that Assassin/Lancer are somehow mafia, I'm ok losing to that.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

I don't feel as though this is a productive argument, because I'm never going to be even considering Lancer as scum here. To do so would assume 1. A highly specific scum messaging ability 2. Lancer coming up with the idea to fake being a friendly neighbor with it 3. VFP misinterpreting a fake message as mod confirmation. That's too many hoops to jump through.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

to me it feels like he's just trying to widen the elimpool
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Cabd »

Me but at the bottom.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”