Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2824, Bell wrote:Were these more strict than before?
Yes. We've been slowly shrinking it trying to find the mafia equivalent of the future market's "max pain"
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Bell »

You’re almost there. A little stricter and you’ll have a good bell curve.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Bell »

And by that I mean I won’t be able to play.

I don’t think a longer deadline would’ve helped. It’s one of those deadlines that no matter how long it is, you’ll never do it till near the end.
Also, really happy we won. Thanks Lilith and assassin for being you. Though my heart could’ve done without the suspense.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Cabd »

Would it even be a FGO run if I didn't cause at least a little extra anxiety?
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Apparently I did bodyguard archer and I misunderstood the feedback I'd get from my role
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2829, Dunnstral wrote:Apparently I did bodyguard archer and I misunderstood the feedback I'd get from my role
Yeah, I mentioned in the dead chat that I misunderstood how your ability would have worked post flip, until I died and saw penguin explain it.

Still salty that 3 different people tried to put me into a neighborhood, and all 3 failed x.x
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Bell »

Have permission to release notes PT, no edits.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by fferyllt »

It was so strange seeing an evil Alter Ego in this game after FGO 1, but I had to cheer for him anyway.

Also, I laughed at peta's first post.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2832, fferyllt wrote:Also, I laughed at peta's first post.
it had to be done
free crypto
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:55 am

Post by Titus »

I feel if NK15 hadn't decided to gamethrow like he did, then we wouldn't have been in this position. We had an unkillable slot that pushed all the correct team and refused to talk to us about it. Bussing was the only move. Moon Caster's posts plus the bussing had town starting from a bias that he was right. It forced Alter to try and run the gauntlet which is near impossible.

Gg everyone.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

How the hell do I report NK15 for the stunt he pulled
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:45 am

Post by Cabd »

I was made aware of players reporting it, but the Greens did not find any actionable content in this game or attached private topics.
Show

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Titus »

The problem with the reporting is there is no positive post that violated any rules. So there's no proof he was gamethrowing, even though we know what it was. He didn't insult us, he didn't admit to the game throwing, and actively claimed to have a plan. He just never communicated why he was bussing, how he was bussing or what his plan was.

I feel for the Greens. Although common sense says this was gamethrowing, it would set a dangerous precedent of scumteams imploding and then reporting each other.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well in that case I think the next best course of action is just WotC his ass
He’s had chances to improve his scumgame and refuses to do so, to the detriment of pretty much everyone
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:59 am

Post by petapan »

this is beyond being bad though, it was flagrantly antagonistic and served no tangible purpose toward advancing win condition. townstumps was repulsive but there was at least a semblance of him playing to win there. here there was nothing.

i was losing my head begging him to communicate in the pt and he refused to talk and made bad faith excuses like how he wanted to form reads "organically" ( :roll: ) and was too scared to post, though of course when i offered to help he went totally radio silent. almost like he doesn't play the game in good faith!

there's nothing by the letter of the rules that says you
have
to talk to your teammates but there's no good reason to avoid all communication except as a pure troll move
free crypto
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2838, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well in that case I think the next best course of action is just WotC his ass
He’s had chances to improve his scumgame and refuses to do so, to the detriment of pretty much everyone
+1 I hate WotC but I don't want to be scum with NK15 for quite some time.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2839, petapan wrote:this is beyond being bad though, it was flagrantly antagonistic and served no tangible purpose toward advancing win condition. townstumps was repulsive but there was at least a semblance of him playing to win there. here there was nothing.

i was losing my head begging him to communicate in the pt and he refused to talk and made bad faith excuses like how he wanted to form reads "organically" ( :roll: ) and was too scared to post, though of course when i offered to help he went totally radio silent. almost like he doesn't play the game in good faith!

there's nothing by the letter of the rules that says you
have
to talk to your teammates but there's no good reason to avoid all communication except as a pure troll move
I agree. I reported him too for the same things.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by mastina »

I would like to issue a formal apology to everyone for my fuckup this game; I messed up and it was entirely my fault so this is not a justification of having messed up by I do owe at least an explanation.

Basically--Cabd over discord told me,
FYI - this is NOT directed at just you, but please refrain from using gender tags as a means of guessing at player identities
as far as ITT goes
Separately, Cabd posted . (The two were sent at the same time.) I skimmed 599 and thought that 599 was just a more wordy version of what Cabd had told me over discord. That there shouldn't be a use of gender tags to guess at player identities. Since I hadn't been using gender tags to guess at player identities and since I thought that 599 was just a more wordy way of saying "don't use gender tags to guess at player identities", I thought I was still within the rules.

599 was, as it turns out, NOT a more wordy version of what Cabd said to me over discord and was in fact saying not to guess at player identities. This was clarified in , but I had written the initial form of prior to the thread lock. It was literally seconds from being posted then the thread got locked. After 885 was posted, I realized I needed to rewrite 890 to remove the mentions of identity, and I did so!

...At least I thought I had done so.

Unfortunately, I missed one. It was a complete accident and fully unintentional, but it was still fully my fault and I fucked up by having not caught that in spite of having read it 5 times. I had fully intended to honor the rule once I knew it WAS a rule and understood the rule as a rule, but I fucked up and thus feel the need to once again apologize. I messed up, punishment was fully deserved, was completely my fault, error entirely on me. Sorry. <3
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Bell »

It's cool Mastina. You played well.

And yeah, when I saw it, I was like, she probably wrote this and then didn't edit it out accidentally.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2805, notscience wrote:I’m sorry I fucked up and alt slipped I really was feeling this game :(
Ditto this but for my fuckup instead.
In post 2843, Bell wrote:You played well.
Eh,
In post 834, Servant Ruler wrote:
Above Reproach/Absolutely Pure of Heart
:
(locktown)

Servant Beast*
Servant Shielder*
Servant Berserker*

Servant Archer:

Above Reproach
For a Few Phases
/Very Highly Likely Pure of Heart
:
(strong-town)

Servants Caster, Lancer:

Above Reproach
Today
/Highly Likely Pure of Heart
:
(townread)

Servant Alter Ego:

Would Prefer not to Eliminate
Today
/Likely Pure of Heart
:
(nulltown)

Servant Assassin:

Servant Moon Cancer:

???/I Cannot Track
:
(null)

Servant Avenger:

Secondary Elimination Candidates/Decent Chance of Corruption
:
(scumread)

Servants
Saber
Rider
:

Preferred Primary Elimination/Corrupt to the Core
:
(lockscum)

Servant Foreigner:
I did
okay
, I had Alter Ego correctly not as town as other locktowns but I still had Alter Ego wrongly in my relatively strong townreads so that was a miss;
I had a scum player that was universally scumread as nulltown and actually defended them;
I wrongly had Rider as scum.

Lockscumming Foreigner correctly and correctly reading Saber as scum was good, but I wouldn't say I played well. Decently, but could've done a lot better.

Granted, I was skimming the entire time even after my fuckup as more or less "what would I do in this situation" and ultimately, everything the town did would've been my call as well, by and large. I wouldn't have participated in the Moon Cancer elimination but would've been a part of the Saber elimination; I would've voted Foreigner; I wouldn't have voted Avenger, but I definitely would've voted Rider and then in the final POE have voted Alter Ego. So I would've made most of the right calls, but I wouldn't really have done much that the town didn't do on their own.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:07 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 2809, Lukewarm wrote:Thanks for modding guys, and the flavor was great Penguin :)
Thanks!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2842, mastina wrote:Unfortunately, I missed one. It was a complete accident and fully unintentional, but it was still fully my fault and I fucked up by having not caught that in spite of having read it 5 times. I had fully intended to honor the rule once I knew it WAS a rule and understood the rule as a rule, but I fucked up and thus feel the need to once again apologize. I messed up, punishment was fully deserved, was completely my fault, error entirely on me. Sorry. <3
I know it was accidental but it left me with no way to defend against your wrong meta. You were right about me being scum but for the wrong reasons. I don't think it was deliberate but it can't be done.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:30 am

Post by ActionDan »

All I know is that things made a whole lot more sense when Saber flipped and it was revealed it was you Titus and therefore... Moon logic! (tm)
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2847, ActionDan wrote:All I know is that things made a whole lot more sense when Saber flipped and it was revealed it was you Titus and therefore... Moon logic! (tm)
Yeah. I meant every word on my NP being one of the most powerful. *sigh*
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Bell »

It's such a nebulous advantage though.
How do you determine which arguments are game winning and which are game losing? A more quantitative role like a cop is much more concretely playing toward win condition.
You heavily implied that Alter and I were going to get into a game losing argument war with both of us being town. But I mean, we weren't both town and the argument played out to Peta's advantage. Yes, but I'm not sure silencing both of us would've improved our chances of winning much.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”