False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4039, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this could be the greatest town ever assembled
True enough; I kinda want to nominate some members for it for the Best Town scummie (the scummie limited to ~5 town players, thus why I could do the nomination myself as I am not one of the best 5 and thus would be excluded from the nomination) but I genuinely don't know which 4-5 to nominate.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by mastina »

Subject: Not Quite Normal -- The Monastery
mastina wrote:I apologize for laying it on thick inthread and basically guaranteeing that the werewolves shoot me sooner rather than later. :P

Suffice to say, I've signaled as clearly as is humanly possible to Celestial Powerhouse "I AM A MONK DAMMIT".

So clearly, that I probably die soon, very soon.
mastina wrote:
In post 98, mastina wrote:I apologize for laying it on thick inthread and basically guaranteeing that the werewolves shoot me sooner rather than later. :P
Suffice to say, I've signaled as clearly as is humanly possible to Celestial Powerhouse "I AM A MONK DAMMIT".
Apparently
, it wasn't enough for the collective greek gods to notice. :facepalm:
Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3761, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
In post 3760, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3756, Vecna wrote:I guess Mastina is claiming malefactor? If true, murder Wheme
I really don't think that is what she is softing -- I have a different guess lol
its not and its funny vecna is twisting a pretty clear soft.
-Mister Ocean
I think they got there lol
Subject: Not Quite Normal -- The Lodge
Celestial Powerhouse wrote:Lol
Guys, my bet is mastina is claiming Seer. Not sure how any of us had missed it
Apparently, they did not, in fact, get it, not even to the very end. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3744, mastina wrote:
In post 2883, mastina wrote:
In post 2881, Kakeguri Addicts wrote:
In post 2879, mastina wrote:The mod's answer to this question was that bulletproof does not apply to the werewolves' factionall kill.
So why was a mafia member bulletproof, then?
A good question that I have my theory about!

One which I won't share with the thread while you're alive since I'm thinking you're scum here. :P
In post 2891, mastina wrote:
In post 2886, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2883, mastina wrote:One which I won't share with the thread while you're alive since I'm thinking you're scum here.
you won’t be sharing information

While scum is alive
I see
I don't see the need to share it publicly yet. Especially not with the number of scum alive that are alive. When there's less scum alive, sure.
In post 3404, mastina wrote:
In post 2979, Vecna wrote:I actually think Mastina is a wolf for shamelessly copying my Kakegari read and being so fascinated by the mafia NK reasoning
I mean I've good reason to be werewolf hunting. Mafia hunting has a bonus to it, but werewolf hunting is something I've more incentive to do.
In post 3414, mastina wrote:
In post 3410, Vecna wrote:I guess this is that game with tons of hidden private chats eh?
Oh, definitely.

After all, the mod literally explained in the advertising of this game that it could break assumed standards by giving examples from
neighborhoods
, with the implication that it'd apply to masonries, monkhoods, etc., too. I'd be shocked if we had less than 5 private topics, honestly.
In post 3412, Vecna wrote:Mastina, why do you think Ythan's role excludes him from the werewolf pool?
Setup gut. As in, setup spec, but instead of speculating with my brain where there's logic to back up the speculation, pure gut feeling. A gut read on some setup distribution.

Which is why it's a pass-for-now, not an indefinite pass. I fully realize I'll need to reassess that later.
In post 3666, mastina wrote:
In post 3431, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:they thought that
mastina
might be werewolf.
Wait really?

Huh.

Guess I wasn't blatant enough with my signaling to them.

If morph were paying closer attention to my posts on D1 they would never have guessed werewolf on me--mafia, possible, but werewolf? I basically told them on D1 that I wasn't, and I was specifically signaling to them exactly how I wasn't one. I'm legit surprised they missed it and they're gonna feel real stupid in the dead PT once they get the spoilers there as I was incredibly unsubtle as to what anti-werewolf role I am. (And yes, it is one that I can back up at any time, but it is not good for me to out it. Suffice to say, I've got plenty of verification possible on this.)
In post 3668, mastina wrote:
In post 2125, mastina wrote:
In post 2042, morph the cat wrote:Mastina can't maintain very town things under long term posting so just put your feet up and relax as she sorts herself in the next few irl days.
I mean, it's multiball--the normal lack-of-effort from scumastina doesn't apply as being scum in multiball is traditionally where scumastina has been her strongest because she became quite competent at navigating the nuances of that game mode. It's been years since I played multiball so regardless of my alignment I'd be rusty and regardless of my alignment my skills at multiball have atrophied, but I'd expect to still be pretty damn competent as scum and pretty damn invested as scum.

That being said,
I'm definitely getting nightkilled this game, 100%, so you don't need to worry about me.
:P
I guarantee that I'm dead before endgame, via nightkill, probably earlier rather than later
in spite of my lack of having read the first 76 pages.

Also, add morph to the Vecna/Lukewarm/WhemeStar tier of townreads for me.
In post 2129, mastina wrote:
In post 2094, morph the cat wrote:And Mastina too, actually, given she's been a relative non-factor this game comparatively?
To be fair, I have a reputation on the site. Two reputations in fact, albeit saying the exact opposite things. :P If Manatee has heard of the one reputation (my theorywork, my better moments) without hearing of the other reputation (the other side of the coin; what people meme on me for, my worse moments), I'd be an intimidating player.
In post 2133, mastina wrote:
In post 2111, morph the cat wrote:You just faction and partner-slipped.
Definitely possible.
^This was a biggie. It might not seem like it if you don't think about the timing, but it IS huge when you think about what was publicly said. I thought for
sure
morph knew that I knew exactly what they were doing.
In post 2135, mastina wrote:Btw;
VOTE: ManateeNot-a-Dude

I'm not sure morph is right on a faction/partner-slip though it's definitely possible...

...But while I'm not sure about a faction/partner-slip, I think Manatee is scum here anyway off of the content she's shown.
There's also this.

Genuinely surprised morph didn't realize what I was talking about here.
In post 3672, mastina wrote:(I am off the table because morph couldn't have been more wrong about me being a werewolf), though I realize I've little sway there.
In post 3675, mastina wrote:
In post 3488, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:cop goes to anya or massy. period.
A seer would be wasted on me but a cop to confirm I'm not mafia wouldn't hurt I suppose.
In post 3686, mastina wrote:
In post 3616, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:our role pm says that we(all the masons) are confirmed to not be mafia but werewolves maybe exist in our mason chat. there is no mention of malefactor potentially existing. therefore, we are confirmed to be either town or werewolf.
Technically speaking, a lack of malefactor in the role PM does not make it clear in of itself that the malefactor cannot be a mason but I'm sure that's something Cephrir would, upon noticing it, then clarify to say that, indeed, malefactor cannot be a mason.
In post 3610, Taco Hemingway wrote:You know what? I think your slot is actually malefactor.
Not possible since the malefactor basically counts as both a werewolf and a mafiate for the purposes of a masonry in that they cannot be a member of it.
Read my fucking posts and then think for a minute.
To explain some of this, I was being about as blatant as I could be here because of a few things.

Notably, when I said "definitely possible" to morph's accusation against Manatee perspective-slipping, I was directly signaling to morph that I knew they were masons because I was a monk. Remember at the time, it wasn't public that morph was a mason; it was public that morph and Manatee were in a topic but people thought it was a neighborhood. I was specifically signaling to them that I knew they were masons by myself being a monk.

Also, when I said
a lack of malefactor in the role PM does not make it clear in of itself that the malefactor cannot be a mason but I'm sure that's something Cephrir would, upon noticing it, then clarify to say that, indeed, malefactor cannot be a mason
I was directly referring to the first post of the monkhood PT, as I figured there was likely a mirrored first post in the masonry PT. I was directly telling the masons I was a monk by telling them something only THEY should know, by virtue of having it in our topic.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4128, Cabd wrote:you and mastina were our big misses this game.
Especially since I specifically went out of my way to signal you. :P
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:06 am

Post by Celestial Powerhouse »

In post 4194, Lukewarm wrote:
I thought mastina was being pretty explicit in trying to tell you she was a monk lol
we got the pt part but we thought she was claiming seer lol.
we thought she was a seer in a pt.

-Mister Oceannn
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
roam the earth, searching for entertainment.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 4202, mastina wrote:Subject: Not Quite Normal -- The Monastery
mastina wrote:I apologize for laying it on thick inthread and basically guaranteeing that the werewolves shoot me sooner rather than later. :P

So clearly, that I probably die soon, very soon.
mastina wrote:
In post 98, mastina wrote:I apologize for laying it on thick inthread and basically guaranteeing that the werewolves shoot me sooner rather than later. :P
Apparently
, it wasn't enough for the collective greek gods to notice. :facepalm:
Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3761, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
In post 3760, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3756, Vecna wrote:I guess Mastina is claiming malefactor? If true, murder Wheme
I really don't think that is what she is softing -- I have a different guess lol
its not and its funny vecna is twisting a pretty clear soft.
-Mister Ocean
I think they got there lol
Subject: Not Quite Normal -- The Lodge
Celestial Powerhouse wrote:Lol
Apparently, they did not, in fact, get it, not even to the very end. :P
I genuinely stopped paying attention at Day 2.5 because of RL and timing reasons, besides I was already sold you were town anyway :P
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

gg
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

So, I decided to aggregate town's accuracy in town reading this game, specifically these are everyone's final
DAY ONE
reads

The "100 percent accuracy" squad

morph the cat - 12 town reads / leans --
all correct

unwnd ----------- 6 town reads / leans --
all correct

Kazyan ---------- 5 town reads / leans --
all correct

The "yeah, Anya did a good job day 1" squad

Dannflor ------- 9 town reads / leans -- 1 incorrect -- Anya
Celestials ------ 7 town reads / leans -- 1 incorrect -- Anya
Lukewarm ----- 7 town reads / leans -- 1 incorrect -- Anya

The "similar amount of mistakes, but did not fit in with the Anya squad" squad

mastina -------- 5 town reads/ leans -- 1 incorrect -- Vecna

The "allowed the most scum to slip thought, but by "the most" I literally mean 2, and also they had a lot more total reads then most of us, so this makes sense" squad

petapan ------- 16 town reads / leans -- 2 incorrect -- VFP and Manatee
The Resistance 11 town reads / leans -- 2 incorrect -- Anya and Vecna

------------------

The "no day 1 tier list" crowd: Ythan, PookyTheMagicalBear, Taco Hemingway, Uncle, Shelby, Vaxkiller, Kakeguri

Fun things that I noticed:
~Anya was like
the scum
that was weaseling into the town reads of players -- so, just reaffirming my own :)
~Kazyan's day 1 town reads went a little unnoticed this game, but he was actually 100%, so congrats there :)

Spoiler:
I mainly decided to do this because someone seems to believe that the town would have been lost without Morph's final read list. And while, yes Morph's reads were amazing, really the entire town was finding each other before Day 1 ended -- Most of those read lists were from before Morph even dropped their final read list.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:23 am

Post by fferyllt »

That's even more hive minding than I felt was going on in the moment.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:31 am

Post by petapan »

tbh i had come around on manatee and vfp but had given up reading/updating my list
free crypto
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Kazyan »

I really should just town-hunt instead of scumhunting. I'm way better at the former.
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:21 am

Happy birthday taco
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:21 am

-Mister ocean
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”