Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Taco Hemingway »

if we're on the right track to win, cool. but like please please please to anyone who is alive in late game if we start getting lost because we bumrushed the elims and didnt bother getting associative info at all/stress scum to make content around their partner wagons(seriously lmao) - make sure you reeval slots that were loud about the flipped scum and look at their motivations thanks.

i know yall will forget this /not read this now but hopefully it plants that seed later on ya know lmao

I also think within the people who rushed spiffeh slot there is 100% at least 1 WW
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Taco Hemingway »

there's a few within that category that gets crosscleared from other stuff - but I'll leave that thought as is there for now and explain later :)
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Taco Hemingway »

also reminder to scum: if im not explicitly townreading you, you better watch out because it means im potentially on your tail >:)
Kakeguri Addicts
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Kakeguri Addicts »

Vaxkiller, do you have any reads? How much have you read?
Hydra between Yumeko Jabami and Mary Saotome
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

I don’t get why your getting the idea that If we miss elim we’re going to continue to speed elim
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

When the fact is there’s probably 2-3 confirmed scum we can elim
Im a dog that quacks
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Taco Hemingway »

In post 3254, WhemeStar wrote:I don’t get why your getting the idea that If we miss elim we’re going to continue to speed elim
In post 3255, WhemeStar wrote:When the fact is there’s probably 2-3 confirmed scum we can elim
i think its actually even worse for town to lim scum here quickly.

you lose out on associatives.

having 2 solo scum with very minimal associatives will be terrible for the gamestate unless we get lucky and scum crossshoot, but it seems that evidence points towards most scum having a BP vest
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by The Resistance »

Kinda bummed I just lost my elo game, but I had fun.

Reading up now.
Hydra of Titus and Ircher.
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by The Resistance »

In post 2977, WhemeStar wrote:What does backup role blocker mean? Does scum have another roleblocker?
Backups can inherit from any alignment I believe. There's a classic open I played with that. White Flagged my buddy and we won it. It is old enough where it might be referenced on my wiki.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 3257, The Resistance wrote:Kinda bummed I just lost my elo game, but I had fun.

Reading up now.
Was a hard one to win
Im a dog that quacks
Kakeguri Addicts
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:18 pm

In post 3219, The Resistance wrote:Okay and why does DGB have so many votes right now?
~Ircher
In post 3224, The Resistance wrote:Did morph give some semblance of a case on VFP/DGB? I would ask about the Spiffeh slot as well, but he's already flipped.
~Ircher
In post 3231, The Resistance wrote:I guess I'll start reading from day 2 then. That and review my notes to refresh my memory on this game. I think we should extend the day at least long enough to hear from everyone and give everyone a chance to give an opinion on the elim.
~Ircher
Here is my take:

There is a recent trend on-site where slots with very low engagement with the game are significantly more likely to be mafia. That doesn't mean eliminate every lurker, but it does mean that sorting within that pool is very effective.

Morph argued that ManateeDude had low engagement in their masonry (specifically, he compared this situation to another game where that happened). They were sort of floating along in thread, as well. When pushed, on this, their response was scummy, which led to their elimination.

Reiuji Utsuho and Spiffeh were both very low engagement. And yes replacing out counts, too. Spiffeh tried to save it but it was too late.

Echolocation had posts, but they were hollow - mostly banter with Unwnd. They probably would have been considered for an elimination around day 4 or 5, once more pressing slots had been cleared out of the way.

VFP has very low engagement: When he came back to the game in , what he talked about wasn't of much importance as well. They were also posting in other places on site while specifically avoiding this game. Finally, while it's unfortunate that they are ill; again, it only seems to affect this game.

So even though there's not a lot of content from Vfp, the slot has a very high chance of being anti-town. Based on the points from earlier and from the rest of the players looking better than them, making them more likely to be scum by poe. Right now we're at a stage of the game where we need to remove all the lowest common denominators, and someone with decently high scum equity is a good place to be eliminating today.
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by The Resistance »

I actually think Taco can go now. I wasn't sure at first but then I saw their AtE.
~Ircher
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm not reading 130 pages, I'll sheep for a bit.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by The Resistance »

In post 3066, Taco Hemingway wrote:if you scumread me, fucking case me - don't just play around like you think you're slick with a non-holistic look at my slot.
This is odd coming from someone who fakes guilties.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3262, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm not reading 130 pages, I'll sheep for a bit.
Umm, about that
In post 3191, Cephrir wrote:
votecount 2.5.3
DrippingGoofball (8) | WhemeStar, unwnd, Kakeguri Addicts, Pooky, Dannflor, Vecna, Lukewarm, Celestial Powerhouse
Lukewarm (1) | Taco Hemingway

Not Voting (9) | Everyone else

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to politely ask someone to leave.
Kakeguri Addicts
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 pm

In post 3256, Taco Hemingway wrote:having 2 solo scum with very minimal associatives will be terrible for the gamestate unless we get lucky and scum crossshoot, but it seems that evidence points towards most scum having a BP vest
It's been established that bulletproof vests don't protect against the werewolf factional kill.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Reading backwards, I'd say that Kakeguri Addicts is town for the post above mine. If you want to hone your scum game - replace in.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by The Resistance »

In post 3118, Kakeguri Addicts wrote:
In post 3107, Taco Hemingway wrote:wheme where are you rushing to? need the safety of a nightkill?
What is it you want to discuss?

Most people don't agree with your read on Unwnd.
Although I strongly disagree with the read, I relate to having unpopular reads.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:28 pm

In post 3264, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3262, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm not reading 130 pages, I'll sheep for a bit.
Umm, about that
In post 3191, Cephrir wrote:
votecount 2.5.3
DrippingGoofball (8) | WhemeStar, unwnd, Kakeguri Addicts, Pooky, Dannflor, Vecna, Lukewarm, Celestial Powerhouse
Lukewarm (1) | Taco Hemingway

Not Voting (9) | Everyone else

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to politely ask someone to leave.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:32 pm

What is this half day business?

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3269, DrippingGoofball wrote:What is this half day business?
We got 2 eliminations today.

We hammered the first one already, was Cheeky, was Mafia
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by The Resistance »

In post 2856, mastina wrote:If werewolves' factional kill counts for the bulletproof, that means that was a strongman. If werewolves' factional kill doesn't count for the bulletproof, then that has entirely different implications.)
Redacted.
In post 2869, Kakeguri Addicts wrote:This is a silly question with an obvious answer.
This clearly isn't a normal game, and making wrong presumptions is never a good idea. It's better to double-check.
In post 2872, Dannflor wrote:one pattern in her reads list is that she does a lot of "I think x because Y but they should probably be higher/lower. like she was constantly giving herself wiggle room on all of her reads. my eyebrow is raised a little at the taco and kazyan town reads a little because she had fairly specific reasons for town reading each of them (versus other reads of being like "can't quite remember but generally good stances) and then immediately undercut herself by saying that maybe they belonged a little lower
I like this. If I get a chance to, I'll maybe take a look at those.
In post 2878, mastina wrote:Ah yes, werewolves sharing a masonry with two town players magically means they know who all the slots in the games' alignments are.
I think Kakeguri's point was that if the werewolves wanted to shoot town last night and avoid killing the same person as mafia (that rules out killing morph the cat), they could have just killed the third mason whose identity they already knew. Presumably, this mason is not werewolf aligned like Manatee, which admittedly is a questionable but not unreasonable assumption.
In post 2893, Vecna wrote:Regardless, pretty random kill. Potentially aimed to make pooky or unwind look dodgy?
What makes you think this? (That is, how does it reflect poorly on Pooky or unwnd?)
In post 2909, WhemeStar wrote:i vote if this flips scum we speed fade vfp and just end the day
You just said your role is now boring, and yet you want to enter night as soon as possible. Where is this confidence coming from?
In post 2918, Vecna wrote:UNVOTE: CheekyTeeky

I dont want Celestial Powerhouse to hammer unless they townread me
I don't like this. It really shouldn't matter who hammers. This is being petty at best.
In post 2997, Dannflor wrote:ftr I don't really think vecna is a wolf
Can you elaborate?
In post 3005, Dannflor wrote:i can only think people are pushing pooky right now because they desperately need not-scum eliminations
It doesn't seem like many people are doing that. I see maybe one or two people doing that.
In post 3038, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
In post 2976, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2852, Dannflor wrote:lots of fake bravado
I think I am starting to see where this is coming from with regards to Taco. I'm not sure yet about whether I agree with the conclusion though.
In post 3039, Vecna wrote:Maybe I should just out some pr results and eat a bullet or a claw or w/e
Noting...
In post 3056, Taco Hemingway wrote:what pisses me off is some of yall are just openwolfing with your scumreads on me and some of you are just being shitty surface level readers and i can' tell the difference because none of you will fucking ellaborate on your read
The AtE here is duly noted. What precisely makes the scumreads on you "openwolfing", and who do you think this applies to?
In post 3062, Taco Hemingway wrote:im going to full claim if people dont knock this shit off.

and yall will regret that bc i am a particularly useful anti ww role with majority ww left.
You aren't doing yourself any favors here. What is the purpose of this? Actions speak louder than words; don't want to be scum read? Then show that you are town (rather than telling everyone again and again that you are town without doing anything of importance.)
In post 3087, WhemeStar wrote:Don’t form reads taco just vote DGF
Why are you giving people an excuse to not read? How are we supposed to find scum if we give scum a free pass to sheep?
In post 3120, Taco Hemingway wrote:all this talk about me not reading the game when people aren't reading my slot at all, makes you really think.
You aren't giving evidence you are reading the game. Like, your top scum read is unwnd which is kinda ???. (I wouldn't say I'm super town reading them per se, but they are far from a top scum read of mine). You've asked people to explain why they are scum reading you, yet they have multiple times mentioning things like your lack of reading and soft claiming.
In post 3170, Taco Hemingway wrote:i think arguments, even if TvT, are extremely useful when evaluating how people around the argument are reacting to it.
I disagree. They take up space and don't lead to much. People can take whatever stance they want; it gets drowned out by the argument. Yours though seems like a TvS argument.
In post 3177, Vaxkiller wrote:Look at me be useless
FTFY.
~Ircher
Kakeguri Addicts
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Expanding on , this is also why our read on Taco Hemmingway is somewhere in the range of ~rand chance of being scum to scumread

Day 1 they had very low contribution, going so far as to ignore what happened with t3 entirely. On top of that, with what little content they did have, they did not sound particularly towny.

Their play today is a head scratcher if town, they seem to think that everybody should townread them because they claimed "anti-ww pr. Another tell on this site is that scum will openly get angry/cranky when they start losing in an "unfair" way, or when their whole team is lurking and gets caught out. We're not sure if them not knowing about the malefactor means they are pretending to be dumb in order to get townread, or they genuinely didn't know because they're town and nobody explained it to them. We prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to cheap clears like that - believing that he is certainly capable of faking that.
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by The Resistance »

In post 3259, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 3257, The Resistance wrote:Kinda bummed I just lost my elo game, but I had fun.

Reading up now.
Was a hard one to win
I know. I played too trusting in the midgame. I should have told DGB to take a hike but Town!Titus rarely breaks her word to fellow townreads. I should have. Then A50 was about keeping the core together. I should have pushed Galron sooner. We all misplayed a bit though.

Pedit: Ninjaed by my better head.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:39 pm

In post 3273, The Resistance wrote:I should have told DGB to take a hike
What? No!!!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”