Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7550 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

gg all!

Gemerald played phenomenally imo and I think the only way that I was going to get there was either through peta's case in event 9 or both of taly+ydra's dead bodies. Even on the final event I still took a few hours waffling about the possibility of it being Ydra instead of Gemerald while making the Gemerald case. Do wish that I had commented a bit more on it then but I felt like me just saying retreads of "that's a good point if Taly flips town" and "That makes sense but Taly still makes much more sense as scum to me" wouldn't have been helpful and would have just encouraged Taly's INSATIABLE BLOODLUST further.

Thanks a ton for modding MT!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7551 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Prism »

I thought all of Event 1/2 was extremely rote but forcing the person shoving you out of the game by misgendering people, refusing to apologize for it, and selling your own legitimacy by posting about breaking the ongoing game rule is absolute horseshit.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7552 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Wow
GG
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7553 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by RH9 »

Can I egopost this for future reference? Thanks in advance.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7554 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7553, RH9 wrote:Can I egopost this for future reference? Thanks in advance.
Even though I wasn't even spectating or playing.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7555 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by RH9 »

Shocked to see the worst as Mafia, though.

v/la every weekend

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7556 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7546, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7544, Ydrasse wrote:what in the world is this dead thread
Glorious, we were having a *lot* of fun watching these last couple of events
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #7557 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

i didn't know gamma had a really good scumgame actually
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7558 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Ay guessed the sabotage on Almost way back when too

Subject: Slaughter Hour: Grand Debut | Moderator Chat
Morning Tweet wrote:
EVENT SIX SHOOTINGFirebringer -
Shooting Toogeloo

Tamora's Angel -
Shooting Almost50

Toogeloo -
Shooting Firebringer

Almost50 -
Shooting Tamora's Angel
SABOTAGED
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7559 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7507, Gammagooey wrote:but obv the important thing is that dad got high last night and ate all of the godamn cookies
favorite post of the game
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #7560 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Titus »

Good game guys.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #7561 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm sorry for misgendering you Prism, and I'm sorry about how I treated you calling me out on it. I 100% should have been more patient with you. I have a serious issue regarding taking offense to things that aren't meant in the way I end up taking them.
I do not have any hope or expectation that you will forgive me, but I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

As for me, I will be quitting mafia for a while once my current games wrap up. Between this game, a few others, and just general happenings on this site that I've chosen to involve myself in, I feel like I've sullied my soul thoroughly. Hopefully a break will let me see things in a new light.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7562 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 7557, Infinity 324 wrote:i didn't know gamma had a really good scumgame actually
*blinks*
I thought you'd already realized this back in last year lol

also: shout-outs coming for everyone. Y'all were breathtaking.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7563 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by the worst »

Good game all! Sorry to peta, ydrasse and taly. You were all phenomenal. <3
Gamma, balance of scumteam - appreciate y'all doing the heavy lifting!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7564 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Prism »

For reference, this makes 4 times asking this person not to engage with me.

He has a right to respond to my claims about him in a public audience but I have

-Told him to leave me alone
-Told him to stop talking to me privately
-Told me to stop talking to me publicly
-Told him once more emphatically to stop trying to engage me

Only to have it disregarded 3+ times and counting. He can make these posts without directing them to me, it needs to stop.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7565 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

way to bring the game home worstie.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7566 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 7551, Prism wrote:I thought all of Event 1/2 was extremely rote but forcing the person shoving you out of the game by misgendering people, refusing to apologize for it, and selling your own legitimacy by posting about breaking the ongoing game rule is absolute horseshit.
I think an omelet has to be made here. By using second person pronouns, this feels like baiting. Sure I can make general statements, but when the claims are dressed in this fashion, it's hard to not respond in a direct manner.
Also, I was inches away from replacing out back when the fiasco first happened but I realized Prism was leaving from the tone of her last post and didn't want to double the amount of slots the mod had to fill. I never meant to force anyone out.
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #7567 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Titus »

I had fun. Still hate the doomed slot thing, but it is what it is.

I almost did sacrifice for U there. I legit ran out of time. Gamma wanted it and I saw it as his game to carry.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7568 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by petapan »

I'm not going to have game related commentary here, there's a lot of frustration and regret but that's not really important and I mostly just want to put this game behind me as soon as possible rather than dwelling on it. Bummed that I second-guessed myself but that's how it goes sometimes. Not healthy to get so worked up over being right/wrong. Failure is inevitable in this game and for most people there's a limit to how good their read rate can be.

I was way over the line in being abusive toward certain players this game who absolutely did not deserve it. I don't think it was fair that Galron chose to quit the game rather than dealing with me and by rights I should have been force-replaced for my behavior.

To those I was unfairly harsh toward, I am sorry. My conduct was unacceptable.

I made this account as an inside joke but found myself adopting a more aggressive/assertive playstyle on it, one which I found some amount of success with at the time. But even then I burned myself out by being oerly abrasive in my play on it. I had planned to leave it behind in 2013. But after a long break, I felt compelled to come back on the account I was miost recognizable on. Old habits die hard though, and the aggressive play that worked okay in 2012 just isn't suited to the norms of 2012. I know it's silly to think a login username affects things that much but I have too many memories associated with this account and old habits die hard.

I don't
want
to play like I did this game, it wasn't fun for me and it certainly wasn't fun for others having to deal with me.

So it's time to do what I should have done 8 years ago and try to leave this playstyle in the past. To try to be better and kinder to people in games. And I think it'll be easier for me if I play on a different account, get myself out of the old toxic player mindset I had.

Again, I'm sorry for my conduct. If and when I decide to play another game, I will try to be kinder and more respectful.
free crypto
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #7569 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by Titus »

I guess it's time for me to say the truth, but I am going to be playing less mafia too.

My age is catching up with me and my reality gives me less time to play. I won't completely go away, but my life is shifting and I feel like now is a good time to admit that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7570 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

I’ve been waiting to post this for awhile. I apologize for being rude, toxic and insulting. I was not lying about having mental health issues being triggered. However, I would never use/abuse that in like a gazillion trillion years to gain a game advantage especially as scum. Something about being talked about/not being directly interacted with, did triggerd for me past real life trauma which is beyond the scope of this game.

I also didn’t lie or fake my feelings. I think had I been pushed directly instead of indirectly I probably wouldn’t have replaced out but I didn’t know how to deal with. What I said about never have experienced that before in aby game ever was true.

I also didn’t fake slip, I honestly hadn’t read anything which is par for the course when I replace in to a game with over 50+ pages, so I would have been just as lost if I were town. I wish I had played in this game from the beginning and I would have even liked it more to have been town which had I perhaps more critically read Saber’s ISO, I might have spared myself all of this. I just thought this game was so awesome, I just wanted to be a part of it and I really hope Tweetie designs a similar setup where I get to play from the beginning - hopefully as town.

I’m okay if pushed, so long as it done by pushing me directly. It legit freaked me to be talked about rather than being interacted with directly and that’s really all I wanted and I would have handled everything so much better.

That said, I did realize that I did hurt certain people, namely Peta and I am truly sorry for that. I think when you didn’t believe me that I was neither lying or abusing the mental health thing, I just lost it and it was at thatbpoint, I knew I had no choice but to replace out.

I also apologize for my part in causing anyone to be uncomfortable. I had made a few posts in the scum PT, which I don’t agree with anymore (wrt Peta) but won’t be redacting them because they were an honest representation of how I was feeling att.

I was floored that not only Peta but especially Taly and Ydrasse would seriously think I was such a shitty scumplayer that I would bus my entire team without any good reason to do so. I’m still reeling that anyone thought that.

Anyway, I have definitely improved in how I handle being directly pushed but being indirectly pushed is literally something I’ve never had to deal with in any game ever.

I obviously wish I could have stayed in the game since replace outs don’t get credit for scum wins. That said, no game is worth me having a mental breakdown over.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

If you are not able to play mafia without it triggering you/handling it. You shouldn't play. This isn't just for your own mental health but for everyone involved.

You cannot expect others to not push you. I don't care if its directly or indirectly. People are going to talk about you in game. They are going to discuss it openly and will be convincing others to agree with them on whatever pov they have.
You do this yourself
. To expect different treatment is not only unfair to others but actually makes it harder for others to play the game.

This isn't to say, quit mafia. But you either need whole playerlist to stipulate to your rules on how they can/can't interact with you before you even begin. Don't play if you can't handle being indirectly pushed. Or finally learn how to work through your issues

Otherwise this is going to happen again
Show

Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7572 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

I play most of my games without that being an issue. I really can’t explain better than I have why this is different. No, I usually don’t get indirectly pushed to the exclusion of being directly pushed and I have literally never had to deal with that before. If you don’t believe me, that’s on you.

What I probably should take more care in is putting more effort into replacing into a doomed slot because if a lot of players were sr my predecessor, it’s probably a red flag which I wish I hadn’t ignored. Defending myself is one thing but I had no idea how to defend anything Saber did and I didn’t want to extend any effort into that.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7573 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

I appreciate what you’re saying Fire but I think it’s a bit over the top what you said. If this happened in like 80% of my games I would agree with you but I don’t think it’s fair for you to suggest I just don’t play ever. I know that’s not exactly what you’re saying but close enough. Giving up and being a coward isn’t going to help me get better at this. Improving the way I deal with that is what will.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7574 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I feel like such an idiot savant this game. I voted Execute on Gamma, and shot two scum. None of which I really had any control over, but makes me look good lol.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”