fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-7
Thus enters the reason this play was written. Back by popular demand, it's Falstaff from Henry IV!

Falstaff:
Now, Master Shallow, you'll complain of me to the king?

Robert Shallow:
Knight, you have beaten my men, killed my deer, and
broke open my lodge.

Falstaff:
But not kissed your keeper's daughter?

Robert Shallow:
Tut, a pin! this shall be answered.

Falstaff:
I will answer it straight; I have done all this.
That is now answered.

Robert Shallow:
The council shall know this.

Falstaff:
'Twere better for you if it were known in counsel:
you'll be laughed at.

Sir Hugh Evans:
Pauca verba, Sir John; goot worts.

Falstaff:
Good worts! good cabbage. Slender, I broke your
head: what matter have you against me?

Bowser Jr.
(4): DeasVail, Dunnstral, Lady Lambdadelta, GuiltyLion
DeasVail
(3): Galron, Bowser Jr., Lukewarm
WhemeStar
(3): Wisdom, Off The Hook, Pavowski
Lukewarm
(1): Tamora's Angel
GuiltyLion
(1): Juliet Capulet
Child of Fairies
(1): Cephrir
Skybird
(1): WhemeStar
Juliet Capulet
(1): Skybird

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to eliminate.

Deadline: November 3, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-11-03 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Seems like it didnt count

VOTE: COF
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Posting from main to say I am in severe pain IRL and will be trying to sleep it out vs. staying up trying to fix it (also I need to actually go to the chiropractor because I haven’t been in over a month and I’m pretty sure that’s why I’m in so much pain now)
That also means no content from me tonight like I initially wanted to do
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 376, Cephrir wrote:Seems like it didnt count

VOTE: COF
Forsooth, the vote count hath been made right.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Let's do this thing!

People who I think are town:

LLD (lol, it's basically a meme at this point)
Icebox
Pavowski
GuiltyLion
Lukewarm

Hmm... that's not as many as I thought it would be

--

People who I'm too scared to label as townreads but I'm not really concerned enough about them to pursue things further right now:

Dunnstral
Juliet Capulet
Galron
WhemeStar

--

The rest:

Bowser Jr.

Firstly, the attempts to strongarm people into townreading them are just not really doing anything for me, despite Bowser Jr's continued use of this as a form of defence. (see , , , ("Also 47 hours until all votes on us must be removed"), . If you're relying on vague nothings rather than anything concrete to convince people to townread you, then it makes me think that you have something to hide.
Early posts from Bowser Jr. sort of made me suspicious in a way that I'd find difficult to articulate, but based on my posts I think it would be expected that was what prompted the beginning of more of a scumread. The non-specific appeal to two players to "chat" at a time when Bowser Jr is starting to receive actual suspicion seems like a desperate attempt to be read as town. The "will get me more engaged" excuse falls flat. I would expect town to have topics in the game that interest them that they actually want to talk to people about, the "talk to me about anything" approach is more consistent with wanting to engage with people so that you can be read as town.

ESPECIALLY bothered me because of their way of throwing shade at me in what looks like an attempt to get Bell on their side against me whilst also invalidating my suspicion, through accusing me of "buddying" LLD in saying that I agreed with her. First of all,
of course
it's slightly ridiculous to say that I agree with someone who has not done anything other than voting, you're falling for easy bait. (I mostly said that I agreed with LLD because I thought it would be funny) But actually I think that LLD has been fairly clear in her opinion of the Bowser Jr. slot and the posts that LLD has obviously been bothered by are the same that have bothered me.

This was made worse by , which both invalidates LLD's opinions (again I think that LLD has actually been a lot clearer in her opinions than Bowser Jr has given her credit for), and also invalidates mine? Spiffy thinking that I would be trying to cozy up to LLD, an influential town player, reveals a lack of familiarity with me as a player (which I think explains why they as scum would interact with me in this way), especially since I imagine that LLD is certainly
not
the sort of player that would give someone a free town-pass for simply agreeing with her, or any attempted buddying, for that matter.
is trying very hard to justify the vote on me, when I think in essence town would justifiably be pissed off in response to my ridiculous posts and not be as meticulous in the justification.

Finally, is trying too hard to pretend that they are actually convinced I'm scum. I've gotten myself very worked up over Bowser Jr. (clearly), yet I would not be nearly confident enough in them being scum at this stage to be planning for their scumflip.

(The criticism/suspicion comparison is probably more of theoretical than practical interest, but it
is
interesting to me, because being suspected when you're town often isn't really a failing on the town member's part, whilst being suspected when you're scum is more clearly a failing on the scum person's part. I do wonder whether scum are more likely to interpret suspicion as criticism. Again, this is not really a part of my suspicion on Bowser Jr. Just a thought bubble I had!)

--

Off The Hook

I don't really have anything more to say on this slot. Happy to give them time.

--

Wisdom

I don't actually think you're scum, but if I had to explain to someone why you aren't in my scumpile I wouldn't really have anything to say, so here we are.

--

Cephrir

I liked your vote on me and then your vote on CoF and I don't really know what I'm expecting from you, just... more? I want more!

--

Child of Fairies

Not much has really changed from my previous posts on them. If they made more posts since then I didn't really notice and I'm still not sure what that means for my read. They haven't really responded in a way that I would expect scum to respond, but also... not in what I would want from town? I don't know what to do!

--

Tamora's Angel

At the moment sitting slightly more scummy than OTH/Ceph/Wisdom, but not as concerning as CoF/Skybird/Bowser Jr.
Similar vibe of not much there but random reads list in 369 was.. okay I guess? Do I have reason to suspect Tamora's Angel? Not really?

--

Skybird

Sorry Skybird, you have gone into the scum section of my scumpile again.
Her posts feel run-of-the-mill and routine to me with not much evidence of underlying thought process behind them and more looking like posts for the sake of making them. in particular does not seem super well thought out since I feel like LLD has made her meaning behind the posts very clear. and feel more like Skybird positioning herself than actually furthering her understanding of people's alignments etc.

--

Was this post actually just an excuse to have my Bowser Jr. rant?

Maybe
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Bowser is prolly town but don't @me
Wont be voting them anyway
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Pretty uninterested in the dv wagon too
Wheme is fine, and I could vote COF too I guess
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:23 pm

Post by Bowser Jr. »

In post 373, Cephrir wrote:
In post 343, Bowser Jr. wrote:Btw it is actually embarrassing for the players on our wagon familiar with notty (such as Bell, Dunn, LLD) to be misreading him here if they're Town

He is objectively very obviously Town and you should all be ashamed of yourselves

I am obviously Town too but tend to get misread early so it's less offensive to scum read me

~Spiffy
I'm now scumreading you solely for this post
That was actually my towniest post of the game so bad take

~Spiffy
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Bowser Jr.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:07 pm

Post by Bowser Jr. »

In post 379, DeasVail wrote:Spiffy thinking that I would be trying to cozy up to LLD, an influential town player, reveals a lack of familiarity with me as a player
(which I think explains why they as scum would interact with me in this way)
, especially since I imagine that LLD is certainly not the sort of player that would give someone a free town-pass for simply agreeing with her, or any attempted buddying, for that matter.
Looking at the bolded, can you explain why you've defaulted to "this is why scum!Spiffy would interact with me this way" instead of "since I haven't played with Spiffy before this is NAI overall"? If I haven't played with you before, it would stand to reason that as either alignment I am unfamiliar with you and could react this way as Town or Scum?

Like, I get you're scum reading us otherwise, but this post continues the trend of picking something out and painting it in the scummiest light possible to add to your collection of "points" against us. HOWEVER, the question is whether you're doing this disingenuously or if you actually think you've found something and your confbias is causing you to see everything we do in a bad light. That remains to be seen. I don't hate your reads post overall and will probably let notty do his thing for awhile because he graciously allowed me to go after you for a bit.

And since we're talking about familiarity, I'd love to dismantle a few of your arguments that are AT BEST NAI for me:
1. I call myself Town regardless of my alignment. I believe I am actually MORE inclined to do so as Town than scum because as Town when there is widespread suspicion on me I blame everyone else for being bad/wrong or scum and double down on claiming Town. As scum I know they're right about me so I'm like "oh shit I better pick up the pace and do something to get myself townread" and pivot away from this behavior if it starts putting me on radars. Is constantly calling myself Town irritating and unhelpful? Yes and MAYBE. Look at all the great content I got out of you because of it!!!!!!!!
2. Your point about asking townreads to engage me is like an absolute tenant of my townplay and a really bad point. Everyone that's played with me should be able vouch for that. Like I'm sure I've done it as scum too so whatever but I can't believe that is actually something you've taken issue with.

~Spiffy
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:17 pm

Post by Pavowski »

I think I think DV is town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

Thanks for the response Spiffy. I think your style can come across as somewhat condescending, which causes an instinctive reaction in me and may be affecting my judgement. However, I don't think that you actually believe I am scum.
Look at all the great content I got out of you because of it!!!!!!!!
This is not really something I expect town to say about their scumread, for example.

As for your comments on my post, I don't have too much to say. I think a lot of it is "you're wrong!", but in more words? Your point no. 1 shows awareness that it is something you do as town, which means you can emulate it as scum. I find the way that you have done it to be awkward and forced and often vague, making me doubt its authenticity, which I indicated in my post.

Regarding the bolded, that is not reason for you being scum as much as it is me checking myself. In this sort of situation, I always have to think to myself, "would scum actually approach me in this sort of way". A lot of the time my reads are relational in the sense that I judge people based on how they interact with me vs. how I expect them to as town/scum. I would probably expect scum familiar with me to tread more carefully than you have. For example, if Ceph came out swinging with a scumread on me I would be surprised but I would more likely think he was genuine in that belief yet mistaken due to it being very strange from him as scum. However, that wasn't a thought I needed to have in your case. For all you know I could be an easy elim! Maybe that's even true!
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:45 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 379, DeasVail wrote:
Skybird

Sorry Skybird, you have gone into the scum section of my scumpile again.
Her posts feel run-of-the-mill and routine to me with not much evidence of underlying thought process behind them and more looking like posts for the sake of making them. in particular does not seem super well thought out since I feel like LLD has made her meaning behind the posts very clear. and feel more like Skybird positioning herself than actually furthering her understanding of people's alignments etc.
Don't worry about it DV. It's all good. :)
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:01 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 364, WhemeStar wrote:Oh bowser isn’t gamma

WHOEVER BOWSER HEAD THIS IS WANNA HEAR A JOKE?
WhemeStar wrote:No the joke is your play this game

Boom. Roasted.

VOTE: skybird
What the hell is happening here.

Wheme wagon is faltering but I don't see why, the voting / posting pattern is weird af.

Granted I don't know Wheme. And maybe given his posts there's something mechanical happening here. But he's null at absolute best
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:02 am

Post by Pavowski »

(good joke tho)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 387, Pavowski wrote:
In post 364, WhemeStar wrote:Oh bowser isn’t gamma

WHOEVER BOWSER HEAD THIS IS WANNA HEAR A JOKE?
WhemeStar wrote:No the joke is your play this game

Boom. Roasted.

VOTE: skybird
What the hell is happening here.

Wheme wagon is faltering but I don't see why, the voting / posting pattern is weird af.

Granted I don't know Wheme. And maybe given his posts there's something mechanical happening here. But he's null at absolute best
Their lips art sewn so has't they decre'd. And yet, what is this? i sense not the tug of fate upon their words
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:12 am

Post by Pavowski »

His posts carry merely the stench of defecation, then, sirrah?
What, then, of the accusation he hath so errantly cast?
Tamora's Angel
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Tamora's Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Tamora's Angel »

Pav, I feel you but weird doesn't mean scummy.

I will wind up compromising eventually though. No one else seems to think Luke is scum but I feel dirty when I read his posts.
May the Goddess of Honesty, Truth, Law and Expression guide your path.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:41 am

Post by Galron »

Whemestar might be town. That was a fun run of posts. Roast.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Galron »

Not convinced DV is town. Would like to know. I get weird vibes although the reads list was okay.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Galron »

I Don't know wisdom well but I think if he were scum he'd be digging into someone.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 391, Tamora's Angel wrote:Pav, I feel you but weird doesn't mean scummy.

I will wind up compromising eventually though. No one else seems to think Luke is scum but I feel dirty when I read his posts.
Agreed on weird. I feel less confident in scum!Wheme than I started but I couldn't by any stretch call him a townread right now.

And I always have low confidence in my Luke-reading abilities. I always sr him a bit.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Galron »

In post 393, Galron wrote:Not convinced DV is town. Would like to know. I get weird vibes although the reads list was okay.
That should say would like to know DV's experience with spiffy.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 383, Bowser Jr. wrote:Looking at the bolded, can you explain why you've defaulted to "this is why scum!Spiffy would interact with me this way" instead of "since I haven't played with Spiffy before this is NAI overall"? If I haven't played with you before, it would stand to reason that as either alignment I am unfamiliar with you and could react this way as Town or Scum?
Meta is all fine and good, but let's not do the thing where we pretend having a read on someone you dont know is impossible.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

This post cant decide if it thinks DV is scum or not either and your best defense is self meta

Idk I'm not really a fan
Bartleby the Scrivener
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Skybird »

Wheme votes me, but looking through his iso I don't see any thoughts/reasons he wants to vote me. Most of the stuff he throws out is without explanation. Example inmost 361 he calls Icebox hard town. How did he get there? Why are people town-reading him?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”