Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by hellbooks »

I think ultimately all of the swing, of which there was quite a bit, went our way... Idk if I truly played brilliantly but FB there was in very solid position to deepwolf. If we no elimed I would have shot Keeper which would have resulted in scumwin too, I think, despite me having been utterly fooled by the Scorpious bus.

Me shooting the scumkiller dwlee was just blind luck. Although I would only later appreciate how joker-like it was to just backstab a fellow vig without hesitation on N1. Like there is just almost no scenario where that doesn't collapse to a 1v1 like it did between me and dragons.

And then of course the big climax... when all of the people who knew the secret of my treachery were killed in one fell swoop. That was so electrifying. Total movie moment. I could see it playing out in the theaters before my eyes. I knew Nero would successfully kill Dragons, and I was somewhat convinced of the scum killing Nero because it felt like he tipped his hand with having some hidden knowledge. So I decided to shoot Momo in case the best-case scenario happened, where Dragons's shot would fail and Nero Cain would die. Which of course happened, but little did I know that the truth was even more sinister!

As for the D3 claims, the reason I claimed doctor was because I felt that I had some ammo to back it up and given that Dragons flipped town, I was certain that I needed something big to keep me out of trouble because I thought the town might have caught on to his scumread being mechanical certainty. Ultimately I think given how D3 went in reality I could have weaseled my way out of being the elim without it. Scorpious's cop claim was wild but I was extremely grateful to be able to lock down one partner identity. But good grief!!!! Fb you had me so fooled!!! That was scary...

Anyway, I had a lot of fun. I don't play mafia very often so this was a special experience for me, especially to play in such an immersive, "main character" kind of role... thank you!
why does your ferret thing have a waterfall?
your guess is as good as mine
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:37 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Hellbooks earned that win, not gonna lie. It was by far the towniest scum slot out there, and I will say I 100% thought that it was legitimate. You pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and sold it so well.

Fire was more a pain in my side Day 3 than anything else though. I had some serious paranoia all throughout Day 3 before finally settling on the incorrect "Fire most likely town" conclusion, though had I should have thought something was up when you wanted to vote the "deepwolf" over
both
the claims you said were fake despite such absolute insistence that I was town for the first 2 days. Even then had you flipped red I likely would've chased after Not_Mafia after your defense of them early Day 3, why wouldn't scum!Fire try to shield an easily mislimmable buddy? Your disbelief in those role claims was a good way to make them look better were you to flip though, and I feel we were doomed to begin with unless it was specifically you who died. Both role claims would've been so much more suspicious being alive on Day 4 after your death, especially Hellbooks. With an essential guilty on Hellbooks by not dying,

The nonstandard Vigi modifiers were a serious slip-up as well for me, serving both to mask the Mafia Vigilante and make it look like all the other Vigilantes were otherwise legitimate. Had it revealed their loyalties it would've made it so much easier to process what was actually going on, especially since one Vigilante was actually just a Named Neighbor. Didn't help that not a single Vigilante shot actually killed scum, which likely helped bring about that apathy on Day 3 and with it all the extra stress and the terrible slog it became. Just... the game was really, really fun until Day 3, then it was just horrendous. Shooting Nero was 100% a bad idea, even shooting a limbait slot would've been better, and by having a town Vigi left he could've confirmed the other Vigilante Neighbor slot the Mafia had and saved us a whole lot of trouble. Had Nero lived, Hellbooks would've inevitably gone down Day 3 for falling short of that mark and speculation of a scum Vigi.

Personally I feel I rode my success from Day 1 in getting Frogster limmed into Day 2 and just let Nero take the reigns from there, content with my position until my time came to react to yet another bad wagon. I still think that, despite my flaws, I still played the best town game I could. At least I caught one of them so hard that nobody in their right mind would've backed away from it, and I'll take that with me to the bank. Nothing against you Frogster, but your case really was
that bad
, and it belied your intentions way too much. Take it as a learning experience for next time, if you had more WiM and weren't so fine with directly contradicting your own claims or just casually chatting and ignoring the situation after people started to turn on you there was a chance you might've been able to wiggle out of that.

All in all well played scum, town please try to pull yourself together more, Vigis take some aiming practice, and see you later maybe. I really am thinking I might have a better time trying to run games instead of play them, so we'll see if I can pull out the WiM to do that. Last time I wanted to do that I just sat on my behind for 2 years and did nothing, maybe this time will be different.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:04 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Really though, the Vigis tried. I can only imagine the pressure of that here.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the vigs not claiming and doing what they did contributed mainly to the town loss

I think hellbooks played great but ultimately it was really town who played not very well despite firebringer almost having it at the end... yesh
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Oh Firebringer WAS scum

Ok my gut was coreect rofl
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Ok nvm town just straight up needed to not trust those claims rofl
retired
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:36 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

gg, thoughts later
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:42 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

God dammit, I knew I should have discussed mech day 2 despite Nero's protests. Hellbooks played extremely well, and my reads were extremely off this game. I was a bit sus of hellbooks claim, but since no one believed what I was putting down about the setup, I decided to believe Scorpious' cop "check" since we were going with the assumption of no traitor in the hood and I was already TRing him. If we had ran with the assumption of traitor in the hood I would have doubted Scorpious' claim a LOT more.

Next time I play a large theme and have picked up on something about the setup, I am going to push my setup theories so hard, I don't care who protests. I don't care if they have 1000 years on site and are calling me scum for it, I'm going to do it.

But yes, I admit I didn't play very well here either. I went too hard on two tunnels that were ultimately town, and for the record I was trying to see if Keeper had a single town bone in their body there since they somehow didn't get hammered. But considering I had two scum in my no lim pool, unless we had actually seen a rock solid case on Fire, I think we were pretty much doomed no matter what. I was on the cusp of considering just voting for Fire off of bad PoE up until Toog switched votes and I was like "oh okay that works".

Anyways, hellbooks you played extremely well. Good game.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:48 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Also, very fitting that the character I assume is supposed to represent the protagonist was the main carry.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:15 am

Post by Scorpious »

Dirty win with that deadline time..

GG
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

tejate u did fine, you were p towny.
Mainly the vigs should have claimed there was a traitor instead of all trying to he heroes

The bp cop claim would never slide if a traitor is known
retired
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1710, DkKoba wrote:The bp cop claim would never slide if a traitor is known
but it did..

Did I even have one vote on me after that?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:33 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1710, DkKoba wrote:tejate u did fine, you were p towny.
Mainly the vigs should have claimed there was a traitor instead of all trying to he heroes

The bp cop claim would never slide if a traitor is known
Yeah, the vigis should have left us with something. If there was even the slightest hint of a known traitor in neighbor PT and people weren't like "it's probably just a town hood for paranoia" when presented with my theory of a traitor in the hood I would have pushed to turbolim Scorp for sure, and possibly by extension hellbooks.

Still, I do have some regrets about my play. With the way day 3 went, even if we had gone for a Fire lim, I still couldn't see us ever winning. It seemed to me like hellbooks was pretty much universally written off even if Scorpious wasn't. It would have had to be a perfect storm of Fire > Scorpious > hellbooks, which seems very unlikely to me with the trajectory of that last day even ignoring my own reads.

Also, entirely unrelated to my sulking, Koba is there some history between you and Nero? I was very curious about the fact that you got vig'd as soon as you replaced in when your slot had 0 AI posts whatsoever, but I held off on mentioning it until now.

Also Scorp, I think Koba means if the VTs actually knew that. We were running with the assumption of no traitor in the hood for most of that day, I was really hard pushing to get opinions on that because there was absolutely no way your claim made sense if that was the case.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I said we shouldn't claim the hood at the start of the game but that was under the assumption we would always have at least one town alive to claim the traitor even if the other 3 were dead. Nero and Momo dying N2 shouldn't have happened.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1712, Tejate Raichu wrote:Also Scorp, I think Koba means if the VTs actually knew that. We were running with the assumption of no traitor in the hood for most of that day, I was really hard pushing to get opinions on that because there was absolutely no way your claim made sense if that was the case.
thats why I waited, I wanted to know if anyone from the hood was left, I felt with town having so many guns it would make sense for a town PR to be bulletproof.

Theoretically the game could have ended night 1.. So it made sense

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Scorpious »

i mean c'mon we were just 3 goons,, lol

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Hellbooks shot momo and that's a fine play. He shouldn't have shot me through.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:44 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1716, Nero Cain wrote:Hellbooks shot momo and that's a fine play. He shouldn't have shot me through.
I dunno. Seems like it worked out regardless.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:45 am

Post by hellbooks »

Not scorpious vote parking firebringer and then going to sleep right before the deadline
that is ice cold
why does your ferret thing have a waterfall?
your guess is as good as mine
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1717, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1716, Nero Cain wrote:Hellbooks shot momo and that's a fine play. He shouldn't have shot me through.
I dunno. Seems like it worked out regardless.
for scum maybe. If I was there d3 I'd be there to 1v1 hellbooks. Maybe she wins but at least town would get the opportunity to have a d4.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 911, Nero Cain wrote:Hellbooks/Save the Dragons
I'm surprised no one picked up on this "slip"

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:02 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yea I agree. Emphasis on the and.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Is that really the sole hint of what the hell was going in the vigi hood the entire game?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What I really wanted was a STD flip d2 and then to shoot hellbooks in the night. I prob should have not shot koba n1.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1722, Tejate Raichu wrote:Is that really the sole hint of what the hell was going in the vigi hood the entire game?
yes?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”