Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 6.1

FLAVOR
Somehow, the fireisredsir and Kovu household alone had been untouched by sorrow. Together this married couple had made a home in Selah, and together they had weathered the violence of the storm.

Years of courtship and 112 pages of correspondence had paid off, and it was in each other that they took refuge each night as disappointments mounted. It was only through each other's support that they managed to move forward, even as mutual doubts, episodes of mutual hysteria, threatened to tear all their hard work down.

Kovu wasn't sure when fireisredsir first expressed his doubts on Fey, but she too had noticed the increased coincidences, the run-ins, following them like a shadow. She felt fear. What if she was threatening fireisredsir...Or was fireisredsir hiding something from her, lying to her? Oh, no, not these old worries again...

Grabbing hold of her sleeve as they left the bar, Fey asked her to meet alone for a second, gesturing that fireisredsir should wait in the car. She confronted Kovu with the truth: The story of her failed investigations into Datisi and Dwlee99, her suspicion that fireisredsir was behind it all, and reaffirmed her total faith in Kovu.

Kovu was overwhelmed. How could she trust fireisredsir? But how could she trust Fey over him after all this time?

fireisredsir, suspicious of the time difference, burst into the room, crying out "Kovu!", worried at her long absence. Fey instantly drew a gun and pointed it at him, only for him to immediately respond in kind.

A standoff ensued, and Kovu's anxiety shot through the roof. Oh no, oh no no no!

"Fey's been stalking us every night, Kovu, looking for her chance, trying to get to me through you! I was so terrified she'd hurt you Kovu: You heard what they did to Rhyme and Reason!"

"fireisredsir never loved you! You've been in his pocket this entire time, Kovu! You can't listen to him!"

"That's not true!" yelled fireisredsir, shooting her a pleading look.

Kovu took one deep breath, and asked them both to lower the guns and so she could think and sort this out.

A reluctant Fey let her hand drop for just a second. To the horror of Kovu, fireisredsir shot her dead on the spot.

She was about to learn an awful truth of the person she thought she knew.

PlayerVotes
Fey
(2)
fireisredsir (3338), Kovu (3399)
fireisredsir
(1)
Fey (3332)
Not Voting
(0)

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 6 is over, stand by for resolution.

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Fey
fireisredsir
Kovu

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 6 End

FLAVOR
fireisredsir explained everything to her, the mysterious disappearances, the blood on his hands, the story of how he had first gotten roped into it all. The fact that with the death of Sir Miles Axlerod, he had finally become the Lamborghini Mafia godfather. Their future was secure, even if it was one they spent alone.

He drove the old beater car to the warehouse, and asked Kovu to step into the sparkling red Veneno roadster. Together they took one last drive through the town that was now theirs. Now the town's final residents, and with fireisredsir the last remaining member of the city council, the plan for the Gigafactory was dead in the water.

fireisredsir didn't even have to do a thing on that front: Fed up with Elon's antics, the manslaughter charges, the violence that had ravaged an entire town ever since the announcement, and the discovery and expenses incurred by the Model S Assassination Version, the board and the shareholders had finally forced him out. The mogul was no more, his dreams for Selah to become Mother Hive Amestris-א0 no more.

The Selah Gigafactory was abandoned before it ever opened, all accompanying construction halted, the festival that was to mark its opening cancelled. The planned headliner, Yung Gravy, would have to settle for Coachella instead.

A very rich but now visionless Elon made his way to the Selah outskirts to live out one last feverdream. He was never seen again.

For a long time, fireisredsir and Kovu were the town's only residents. fireisredsir had struck a Faustian deal and come out on top: The two could now finally enjoy each other's company without any of the violence, the inconvenience that other people had posed to their vision. Together they buried Fey and looked at what the life they built had cost: The graves of DrippingGoofball, Kublai Khan, Amrun, and so on had been joined by eighteen others. Returning to the town's center, they polished the statue of the town's founder, Vi, and prepared for their fresh start. fireisredsir looked at Kovu and smiled, but Kovu still felt the pangs of guilt, the death of her own competing vision and dreams of a thriving modern metropolis.

As the town gradually repopulated, the Lamborghini Mafia's influence expanding back from the brink, a new legend popped up in Selah. Some nights, if you listened closely, you could feel the rumbles of a mythical worm in the sand and the cackle of a crazed mogul far in the distance.

Fey has been eliminated! She was a...

Spoiler: Fey
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Fey, you are a
Tesla 2-Shot Detective
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • 2-Shot Detective:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. You will be returned a result of "Has attempted to kill", "Has not attempted to kill", or "No result". This ability is 2-Shot. Note that merely having an Invictus target does not suffice as an attempt to kill; Invictus must actually be triggered to count as an attempt to kill.
  • Master of My Fate, Captain of My Soul (Invictus):
    At any time, you may target a player by posting in your dedicated private topic. In the event you are successfully killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot, or by a modkill, you will automatically attempt to kill your target.
  • Citizen of Selah:
    You have your voice and your vote. You also have your own dedicated private topic, which can be found here.
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

A win condition has been achieved!

The Lamborghini Mafia, consisting of fireisredsir, Dunnstral, marcistar, and Gammagooey have won Mafia Invictus Redux! Congratulations!

Kovu was endgamed! She was a...

Spoiler: Kovu
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Kovu, you are a
Tesla Neighbor
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

fireisredsir survives and wins! He was a...

Spoiler: fireisredsir
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

fireisredsir, you are a
Lamborghini Mafia Neighbor
aligned with the
Lamborghini Mafia

Abilities:
Win Condition:
  • You win when the Lamborghini Mafia make up at least half of all living players after any outstanding Invictus shots are resolved. At least one Lamborghini Mafia-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Prism »

First, I want to thank everyone for signing up for, and playing in full, this game. Having no replacements in a 20p large theme is incredible, and speaks to the quality and dedication of the playerlist even when things got rough or heated. I am deeply grateful to all of you for signing up and for seeing it through to the end. I hope you had as much fun as I did, and I hope you enjoyed it whether you won or lost. I also want to give a special thanks to Titus, who signed up early as a replacement but never got called up as a result of 100% player retention.

Second, I want to congratulate the scumteam on a hard-fought victory. I thought the comeback town almost made was incredible: They had a 1/2 chance to shoot correctly three times at the end, and while they earned themselves a reprieve with the free elimination on Meuh, this was still an incredible comeback and they nearly clutched out the third. I go over my thoughts on balance in the dead PT, but it was amazing that the scumteam managed to pull out this game. I thought this setup was incredibly townsided and regretted many of my design choices. While the last few days all came down to dayplay, it took a Herculean effort by the scumteam just to get there. Congratulations on pulling out the win, and making me feel slightly less ashamed as a result!

Third, thank you to my reviewers fferyllt and Isis, and of course again to Vi for making this game possible. Vi's games were incredible, and Mafia Invictus was my favorite. I've dreamed of running a revamp for years, and it was amazing to finally bring it to fruition. As both a player and a moderator, thank you to Vi for setting a great example for me all of those years. I especially want to thank fferyllt for getting me to make one last addition to the setup in the form of the 2-Shot Roleblocker. Without it, the scumteam would have been completely mechanically lost.

Fourth, if you enjoyed this game and the players in it, and in particular think someone excelled, nominate them for the Scummies! I think this game had a lot to celebrate, and it's always nice for players to get recognition...And while I'm not asking, I will also note that I don't have the same boycott against nominations as a moderator that I do as a player!

Fifth, this will be my final game that I moderate onsite for the forseeable future. You can skip this if you're not into site politics and the like, but you can find the reason why here. Until the administration shows some investment in and desire for the site to survive and thrive, I can no longer recommend this as the best place to play or to moderate forum mafia games. I will not run another game as long as zoraster is admin, or at least the kind of admin he is now.

Finally, I'll have a few awards to give out later! Thank you again to everyone for playing.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by SirCakez »

GG fun game and good players. Definitely a tough setup for scum but they deserved the win.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by Meuh »

Well played, scum team!
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by RH9 »

Well done, fire!
Congratlations on the win, scum!
This was a brilliant game as a spectator.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 3408, RH9 wrote:Well done, fire!
Congratulations on the win, scum!
This was a brilliant game as a spectator.
EBWOP
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Bell »

Ouch. Good game.
Sorry.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 3405, Prism wrote:Having no replacements in a 20p large theme is incredible, and speaks to the quality and dedication of the playerlist
*LAUGHS ON LURKING LANGUAGE*
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by marcistar »

goodjob fire that looked so tough!!

i thought u said u werent good... why did u lie to me :sob:
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Why did I get shot night 1?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Prism »

All private threads, including those for each player, should now be public. I also went back and added flavor to those last 3 flavorless VCs!

Congratulations as well to Lukewarm, the only winner of a long series of avatar bets I had going in the dead PT! With a guess of 110, he came within 2 pages of guessing the final length of Kovu and fireisredsir's personal PT, which was 112! (...Judged by 25 posts per page, ofc)

He will get to decide what avatar I use for 72 hours.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Kovu »

FIRE!!!!

good game yall! I had fun! sorry I lost it for us at the end :/
well played though fire!
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 3413, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Why did I get shot night 1?
im pretty sure it was a placeholder originally

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Congrats to the scum team! Really well played.

And thanks to Prism for amazing flavor, and to everyone who played. I had a great time.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by marcistar »

do u usually play in games vip

Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Kovu »

I honestly still can't believe fire was mafia.... that PT was with mafia..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that PT was so much fun though....
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3418, marcistar wrote:do u usually play in games vip
Sure! I usually only play one game at a time though since that's about all I can handle for my bandwidth. We should play again!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 3420, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3418, marcistar wrote:do u usually play in games vip
Sure! I usually only play one game at a time though since that's about all I can handle for my bandwidth. We should play again!
lets be game besties...

Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Kovu »

Subject: Mafia Invictus Redux - Hotel California (Dead/Spec) PT
Prism wrote:I love Andante but after making that VC, where she had 6 consecutive votes/unvotes at a time when nobody else placed one, I think my biggest fear in life would be deciding on a place to eat with her

Getting lunch with Andante"food...food yes food!!! pizza? yes pizza sounds delicious lets gooooooooo!!!!

3 minutes of walking to pizza shop

omg is that ice cream? can we stop and get ice cream? i know we usually wait until after but i reallyyyyy want some ice cream!!!!

step into shop, wait in line for 2 minutes

there's so many flavors!!! i don't know what to get!!! actually nevermind if we eat this we won't have room for pizza i don't feel like it anymore let's go back to pizza im excited!!!!!

oooo are those vietnamese noodles???"
LOL PRISM
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Bell »

I can’t either, well I can. Because. But I really thought it was a distant possibility. I should have looked more closely but I wonder if that would have helped at all.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Fey »

Sigh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”