Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games. Read about how our signups work here.
Lady Lambdadelta
Nekonfidante

Pronoun: She
Pronoun (Update): She/Her

Post Post #1450  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:21 pm

Like, both of you have had issues with running complex games to completion in the past, as recently as a week ago, and you're back here with another even more complex setup of random nonsense.

Please consider running something a little less odious and a little more fun, or failing that, a setup that won't be so complicated you create more mod errors and waste time.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.
7 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh Rhiannon Rhea Aisling Saoirse Selene and Aoife.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Cook
Mafia Scum

Pronoun (Update): She/They

Post Post #1451  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:47 pm

then we'll run it as a marathon so the action resolution won't matter!

/s
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. My pronouns are no longer "just preference" and are she/they. Appreciate it!
game advancing content // C9++ // Come play mafia on mafiascum.net. We evade taxes! //
Inventor of 3d20 // Cluesassin (5/6)//

Gypyx
Virtute Ex Machina

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1452  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:29 am

In post 1450, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like, both of you have had issues with running complex games to completion in the past, as recently as a week ago, and you're back here with another even more complex setup of random nonsense.

Please consider running something a little less odious and a little more fun, or failing that, a setup that won't be so complicated you create more mod errors and waste time.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

yeah, i get the concerns don't worry, but measures will be taken to avoid such errors, and anyways it's gonna have just a little bit more actions than a large normal all things considered
bottom text

SirCakez
Is A Lie

Pronoun (Update): he/him

Post Post #1453  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:39 am

Coming soon to the Large Theme queue!
Brian Skies - "I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup."
--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

DkKoba
Survivor

Pronoun: They
Pronoun (Update): They/Them

Post Post #1454  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:29 am

Koba Makes It Up As They Go - Extreme Bastard Large Theme

Look - we all have that box to check off when we host a game in the micro queue whether or not there are bastard elements and what type, right?

Well - How about we add in some mod lies and a little bit of everything into a game :)

Note: this game should not be taken seriously, in fact it might be beneficial to your own win condition to not try too hard to win! If you sign up for this game, you consent to *anything* happening gamewise, no matter how ridiculous. (certain types of post restrictions wont be present, that is my only guarantee)

Game info:
Players: Minimum 9, will aim for at least 21.
Deadlines: We can start with 10 days on day 1. I determine them as we go though.
Moderators: Just me, to begin with at least :)
Reviewers: lmfao
Bastard elements: All of them, will be possible. I will change the game elements on the fly. However, I won't be unnecessarily cruel and force unfun things to happen, this is supposed to be a wacky and crazy experience, not a torture simulator.
Special note: there will be a secret win condition that, if discovered will end the game in a win for everyone, and a loss for the moderator(me).

taking pre-ins now :D

Planning to run this sometime after the new years

Pre-ins:
1. Ircher
Last edited by DkKoba on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky

Morning Tweet
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun (Update): She

Post Post #1455  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:01 pm

"My love lives again! Our bond will persist evermore, this time untainted by the superstitious dogma of the Knights."
"Yes.. it is a wonder I hear the sound of your voice once more. I must ask you this one thing, however.. Ẁիố ẳṙё ẗհǫʂę Ƙňḯģħṯş?"
"Nay! You are mistaken, love. There is not a soul to oppose us left in all of Hue... Rest now, dear."

Achromatic Calamity
Universe designed by Ydrasse
Designed/modded by Morning Tweet and reviewed by Jingle

The Knights of Hue have fallen. There's no one left to stand in the way of the cult of Achromaticsm from achieving their dream of a colourless Hue.... or is there?
This is a closed 13p sequel to Chromatic Ascension. It is not a dance game nor is it anonymous, however.
No hydrae permitted. No bastard elements. WOTM and WOTC are in effect. When you /in, you may DM me any players you would object to joining after you.
Game is planned to begin within the next couple of weeks. Up to six cult members may be recruited early. (We're in signups!)
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SirCakez
Is A Lie

Pronoun (Update): he/him

Post Post #1456  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:43 pm

In post 1453, SirCakez wrote:

Coming soon to the Large Theme queue!

Brian Skies - "I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup."
--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #1457  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm

Manatee Mafia

Manatees are awesome.

The Basics
  • 19 players
  • No source material
  • Manatee related flavor. You're a manatee. We're all manatees swimming together in this beautiful world.
  • 5 Preins available via PM.
  • No Hydras please.
  • One completed non-newbie game required for signup

Standard TSQ Game DisclaimerThis game, as well as all games I run comes with a general disclaimer that I disagree with the vast majority of mods on this site on what constitutes game balance. I do not promise that this game conforms to your notions of what game design should look like. My games have the potential to be swingy and use elements that some people do not like (cults, jesters, multiball etc.)

This is not to say that anything like that is in this game, but if you prefer sterile mafia games where you can determine the setup from flipping a few roles then this game might not be for you. If you do not like swing in your mafia games this game might not be for you. You have been warned.

Spoiler: Full Rule Set
The Basics
  1. Day Phase: 8 days. Night Phase 2 days
  2. 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement.
  3. I have some unusual rules, please pay special attention to rules 4 5 and 13 in the general rules section.
  4. I have a "Don't play if you're not having fun" rule. Please avail yourself of it. There's no shame in requesting replacement if you're not enjoying yourself.
  5. Respect everyone's basic humanity. Do not be an asshole to people. Don't be a racist or sexist or really any other -ist. Respect other players displayed pronouns.
  6. This game is not explicitly bastard in the sense that I will never lie to you. However, as in all my games there is a potential for roles that are generally unpopular, non-standard balance as compared to the normal Mafiascum mod meta as well as swing.
  7. Some of these things are obviously subjective, and there's no way to make them not be. I am the sole arbiter of where lines are and what constitutes too much. I try to be extremely fair, but its possible we will end up disagreeing and that's ok. If that is the case, and you disagree with my interpretation of these rules to the point where you can no longer continue playing, that's cool. See the previous rule about replacing out if you're not enjoying yourself. Please do not ignore me and continue to push lines if I tell you to back off on something.

General Rules
  1. Have fun. This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
  2. The mod is always right. Always. Yes, even then. However, if you think there’s some confusion, and it absolutely can’t wait until the end of the game, send me a PM; do not break my game because you died when you didn’t think you should’ve.
  3. Days will continue until one of two things happen: a player is killed or a deadline passes.
  4. Please do not communicate with the mod in thread. Mod communication should not take place in the game thread. If I feel your question has an answer that the rest of the town needs to know about, I will make a game announcement. If you attempt to claim this is due to a question you asked I will count that as quoting mod communication.
  5. Do not be toxic in my game. Being toxic is subjective and I am the final say on what that means. If you have a problem with that, don't play my games. But I will forcibly remove players from the game if I feel like they are playing in a way that is insulting or rude to the other players in the game. You don't get to be an asshole just because you're playing a game on the internet.
  6. Do NOT quote your role PMs, OR any other form of communication from me unless it is something I have already posted on this thread. This is a modkillable offense. Depending on severity of the infraction you might get a warning instead of a modkill. Don't test this. You probably won't. Two warnings is an automatic modkill.
  7. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to, in which case you may only do it during the specified times and in the specified threads. This is a modkillable offense.
  8. You’re required to post regularly. I prod after 36 hours of inactivity and replace after 24 hours of no response to the prod. This can be flexible if you PM me in advance.
  9. Once you’re dead, you’re no longer subject to the previous rule. As a matter of fact, once you’re dead, stop posting. I will permit one simple “bah” post and nothing more.
  10. In the event of a modkill, it will end the day.
  11. If a deadline passes without a player receiving the majority of the votes the day will end with no kill.
  12. The days in this game will last 8 days.
  13. If you don't get your choices in, your default action is NO ACTION.
  14. I will be especially harsh on players who are prod dodging. I will count posts with little or no game contact, or a pattern of posts with little or no game content as a prod dodge and will replace you out of my game. I expect activity and I expect everyone to be playing. See rule 1 about replacing out if you are not having fun or do not have the time to play.
My memes are no longer relevant to the youths

Manatee Mafia coming to a large theme queue near you SOON (TM)

Ginngie
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Time for the bastards to reunite

It's time we got together again for my annual bastard mafia

Part 3 is in the works and will be excepting pre-ins

Take care!
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Queue