Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #269 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:29 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

"What are they all talking about?" Candy asked Mischief. "Besides me."

"The harbor," he replied.

"What harbor?" Candy said. "There's no harbor here. This is Minnesota. We're hundreds of miles from the ocean. No, thousands."

"Perhaps we're thousands of miles from any ocean you are familiar with, lady," said John Fillet, with a gap-toothed smile. "But there are oceans and oceans. Seas and seas."

Abarat Mafia is an upcoming Mini Theme based on the first book of the Abarat series by Clive Barker. Flavor knowledge is not required but will significantly increase your enjoyment of the game. (You have time to read it if you start now!)

It is a two-faction game between the Forces of
Day
and the Forces of
Night
. As a consequence of this, there are no jesters, cultists, lynchers, or survivors.

The game will not be run for at least a month, judging by my position in the queue. There are 3 pre/in slots remaining at the time of writing. You must have one completed game on-site. I reserve the right to refuse certain individuals in to my game. Don't miss your chance to influence the Grand Council of the Hours!

Life is short,
and pleasures few,
and holed the ship,
and drowned the crew,
but o! But o!
How very blue
The sea is!
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #501 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

HunterxHunterxMafia: Yorknew City
is now accepting pre/in's.

It will be a 2 faction game between
Hunters
and
The Phantom Troupe
, with characters from the Yorknew City arc of HunterxHunter. There will be spoilers for this arc, but no spoilers for the following parts - if you don't want the game to spoil you, make sure you've watched up to episode 59 of the 2011 anime or read up to chapter 120 of the manga by the time it starts. It is currently a Large Theme with 23 players, although I reserve the right to change the size before the game comes out if I deem it necessary for balance.

Whatever the final setup is,
the size of each faction will be publicly announced at the start of the game
. As a consequence of no third parties, there will be no serial killers, jesters, cults, lynchers, or the like. No player will have their win condition change from what it is at the start of the game.

I anticipate running the game in
Summer 2013
. The exact timing depends on if I need to move for a job or not. I'm announcing it early so players who want to play it can adjust their schedules knowing they'll have a Large Theme to commit to, and watch the 2011 anime.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop

Return to “Queue”