Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

I may just have to recruit SK to write flavor for
all
of my future games.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

LOST: THE COMPLETE SERIES (SEASON ONE)

A group of survivors crash onto an island after strange electromagnetic interference brings their plane down. They are all complete strangers, and they are forced to live and survive with one another...
but what if some people weren't who they say they were?
What would you do in a group of complete strangers with no way to determine who is friend and who is foe?

This game is based off of Season One of Lost.
  • While it is based off of S1 of Lost, don't expect the flavor to allow you to outguess the mod.
  • This will be the least bastardly/swingy game in the Lost Complete Series line of mafia games.
  • S1 will feature 12 players.
  • If you PMed the mod to pre-in for LOST: THE COMPLETE SERIES MAFIA, your pre-in no longer stands. Please pre-in for this game separately.
green shirt thursdays
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Seraphim »

The Large Normal queue has been quiet lately. Too quiet. Faaaar too quiet. Time to spice things up a bit. Time for the theoretical bodies to hit the theoretical floor. Theoretically. Time for the sort of insanity that the Normal Queue has been missing out on. Time for...

MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH

Turns out that the name was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

18 players. Intensity beyond belief. Psh, who needs to sleep? You'll be too busy staying up all night, madly pressing refresh.

I have one pre-in...who has the balls to fill the other 8 in? Huh? Come on!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:08 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

/in for Lost mafia
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:38 am

Post by CSL »

Somewhere in Jungle Japes

There is evil brewing

The Reptiles have attacked during the night

And destroyed the Kongs' supplies.

Now

The Kongs have to fight back with brute strength

This is...

DONKEY KONG MAFIA!

This holds 12 players, so 6 pre-ins are available. You do not need to have prior knowledge of the series. I guarentee that there are no 3rd party alignments.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Mafia in Someplace

Players: 12
Type: Mini Normal
Required Experience: None
Moderated by: RichardGHP
Setup Review: LlamaFluff, InflatablePie & Hoopla
Start Date: Whenever full (hopefully in the next few weeks!)

I will be accepting 6 pre-/ins via PM, as per my signature. Please sign up and be a part of my moderating debut!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Oman »

Utopia Mafia is back! After being buggered the first time, it's back with the intention of completing.

Firstly, this is a rewritten setup from the original, the original was deleted, so don't expect it to be too different or too similar, don't take it into consideration (cause I didn't).

The intention is to run a game where sides are given power as they falter, creating a slight shift in balance towards the middle each time. It also tests if people are willing to lynch their own for rewards of power. It's based on the Web game Utopia, but the theme is really just a conduit for the escalation via relations. So no real requirement to know the thematic matter beyond a cursory reading of the wiki/age changes. Mostly the game will run start to finish as per a good strong mafia game, but if town starts to slide, they will achieve more power. If mafia are getting snowballed, they will find their resistance to town power or their own power rises.

Races/Personalities will be taken from Age 47 Rule Changes.

I am really big on social players, the votecounts will have a bit of lolflavr every so often, much like IH style. The game is good for people who like to play mafia with people, not against people. Expect the setup to be non-bastard, non-insaneo, and carefully considered.

For my modding style see Mini 562: Omod rather than any of the newbie games I've modded.

Pre-/ins Welcome.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Exe »

/in for Utopia as well.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Exe »

Woops. Ignore that post...didn't realize I had been linked out of the mini theme list -_- stupid forum setup...
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Black & White Comic book Mafia

Written by CallMeLiam, art by Various
Inks and Reviews by ReaperCharlie, Andrius and Locke Lamora

"Hey wait, let's make a deal. You don't really want this. The medium is nothing without the little guys. There's so much untapped energy in the indie market. Look at all these great comics, you'd really snuff them out just to make room for yourselves?"

"Yup."

*Wet Ripping Sound, Muffled Screams etc*

There's only so much space on the shelves these days for funnybooks, and even less space for some inky black and white titles without a pair of tights in sight. There's red on the racks and the death of snide English phonomancer David Kohl is only the first blow dealt in the fight for survival. Best keep one thing in mind though: you can't always keep a good idea down...

David Kohl (Phonogram) was killed Night Zero

A Game for 11 Players
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II, coming to a large theme queue near you!

All players with at least 2 games of experience may pre-in. This game will be run as truly spontaneous as I can make it. That means no pretty balanced setup, roles made up on the fly on signup completion date, and a shitload of chaos.

Observant players in SBM I browsing this topic would find it useful to know that posting an ability name within the first 20 posts of each day gives them that ability for the entire day. Also, know that [REDACTED]. Day continues.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

xRECKONERx & dramonic present...

Ocarina of Time Mafia

It's a working title, but you get the idea! This setup is a massive Large Theme game for 27 players (this means we have 14 pre-in slots!). In order to play this game, we may require you to submit some evidence of previous games played, because some of the mechanics and roles can wind up being very complicated! The game is going to be very swingy, potentially bastardly,
but really fucking fun to play
!
green shirt thursdays
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

SS
Davy Maybourne

High Orbit, UTP Planet Massotorrido, Medici System

November 26th, 2486 Space Calendar

0412 hours SST

Admiral Washiby sat on a comfortable, yet stiff black chair, in a tiny low-lit room. In front of him was an opaque, circular, black holotable, and encircling the table were 14 plain, sparse chairs, in addition to Washiby's. Holographic figures were seated in most of these chairs; five were male, eight were female. One chair, however, was devoid of an occupant.

"Has any news been heard on the whereabouts of Admiral Dawkins?" Washiby inquired. "This is a situation of utmost importance, and though I feel the entirety of the Admiralty Board should be available to discuss the implications of the event at hand, we cannot afford to wait any longer."

"I concur," agreed Admiral Gradkowski, an auburn-haired woman in her early forties. Murmurs of assent trickled from the rest of the admiralty. Gazes shifted toward a white-haired, steel-eyed woman in her late fifties, her face bearing the stretched, shiny look of people who underwent wrinkle surgery. "What say you, Supreme Admiral?"

"Very well," the Supreme Admiral responded. "We shall convene this meeting without the presence of Admiral Dawkins. Should he make his entrance at a later time, he shall have to catch up via an AID summary. Now, Admiral Washiby, elucidate us on what has transpired that called for a full meeting of the board."

Reading from a condensed, AID-written summary projected in front of him, Washiby recounted the events of a couple hours ago, having them refer to the data packet he sent them when necessary. In his conclusion, Washiby stated, "Until now, we have not been able to discern a proper motive for an Arkon invasion beyond speculation of manifest destiny and causation of chaos. Now, however, they seem to have a specific objective to their invasion of the planet Liten. It would be in our best interests to retake the planet from the Arkonian forces and deny them whatever it is they're after."

"Hold on," protested Admiral Yakamoto, an aging Japanese man. "This is merely speculation on your part. There is no concrete evidence to support your position. Even if your supposition is true, our forces are spread thinly enough as it is. There are more productive things to do with our armadas than retake a fringe colony that up til now has been in a state of rebellion."

"But Liten is on the border of UTP space!" Admiral Lynch protested, her emerald eyes smoldering with fire. "They could effectively utilize it as a staging ground for a full-scale invasion of the 8th and 9th Sectors! We should deal with this situation now before it grows out of hand!"

"And what do you expect us to do?" growled Admiral Kearns, plucking at his gray mustache. "The 5th, 6th, and 12th Sectors are already war-torn and suffering heavy Arkon occupation. Many of our fleets have already been culled from other systems to defend the systems currently bordering Arkon-occupied territory. The
Davy Maybourne
already has a significant fighting force in the 89th Fleet. They should be able to handle any light Arkon incursion, and if the situation worsens they can get off the alert."

"Do you have no concern for our border worlds?" Lynch seethed. "These are
our
people, dammit!"

"We do not have the resources to protect every single world!" Kearns insisted. "You know that as well as I do! It's a terrible fact, but there it is."

"You just have no concern because it's not
your
people that are going to die!"

"Order!" All eyes focused on the Supreme Admiral. "We all know how precarious the Arkon situation is, and we all know that ugly decisions must be made. Please keep the emotional aspect out of your consideration.

Suddenly, a notice flashed in front of Admiral Washiby, stating, "Alpha-1 Intrastation message incoming." Lines of text began scrawling across the holodisplay. His eyes widened as he read.

"Admiral Washiby, what's happening?" inquired the Supreme Admiral.

"I'm receiving a summary from my science team." Slumping into his chair in exhaustion, he continued, "According to the Liten data, that object is capable of generating high amounts of power, with no physical cost. In other words, the device is a source of infinite energy."

Stares of shocked silence could be found in abundance at that point in time. "This...this isn't a joke, right?" Admiral Yakamoto queried.

Admiral Washiby shook his head. "My scientists seem certain about this."

"But isn't limitless energy...impossible?" protested Admiral Gradkowski weakly.

Admiral Kombu an elderly, balding black man, stated, "This changes things entirely. If that device is a source of infinite energy, not only can we ill-afford to allow the Arkons to possess it, it would be to our great advantage to secure this device for our own needs. This could advance our technology by tenfold, and indeed may be the key to fending off the Arkon menace."

"But even if this device is what it claims it is, we can't just divert our forces from their current locations," Kearns objected. "We're having a hell of a time holding our own as it is."

"Does it matter?" Lynch insisted. "If we can replicate this infinite energy source, we'll have the Arkons beat. Plus, we sure as hell can't allow the Arkons to get their hands on it."

"Then we'll send an S.O.B. team," interjected the Supreme Admiral. "I know of a team in close proximity to the Medici system, but they currently lack a stealth frigate. Admiral Washiby, I believe you mentioned that you had a frigate being readied in the event of a go situation?"

"Aye," Washiby replied. "The frigate isn't stealth, but with the right equipment we can make one out of her. The captain is experienced, and quite honestly I was close to recommending him to the Secret Operations Branch myself. Just get the team and the equipment to the
Maybourne
, and you'll have your ship."

"Excellent. Does anyone have an objection?" Silence was the answer. "Excellent. I shall get the S.O.B. team and the necessary stealth equipment to the
Davy Maybourne
as quickly as possible. Admiral Washiby, ensure that this commodore of yours is briefed properly on his new assignment, and get him the necessary clearances. Everyone else, prepare for the possibility of redistribution of forces, should it become necessary.

"This meeting of the Admiralty Board is adjourned!"

UPDATE!

The Return to Liten
is very close to signups, within the next week or so. There's still some pre-in slots available, so if you want in, be quick about it!
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Brotherhood of the Wolf Mafia

The time - 1763
The place - Gévaudan, France

The citizens of Gevaudan have a problem. Something is stalking the woods and fields that surround the village. Flocks of sheep disappear almost overnight. Cows are found slaughtered in the most cruel fashion. And now people are starting to disappear. Panic has overtaken the people of the city. Responding to their pleas the King has sent a royal knight and his companion to investigate and solve this problem.

If only the people knew that their problems were only beginning ..

Brotherhood of the Wolf Mafia will be 12 player Mini Theme game. What to expect -

1. Highly customized roles - each role in the game will be a variant based on regular Mafia roles.
2. Heavy flavor based on the source material.
3. The unexpected!

Pre /ins will be accepted to the site max of 6. To qualify to play the game you must

1. Have been on site for at least 3 months as of offical sign-ups in the Queue.
2. Completed successfully 3 non-Newbie games.

The game is currently in the design stage.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

txtMafia

Moderated by Nobody Special
Reviewed by Nikanor

This is mafia played as though on a cellphone. txting is all you can do, but txting can be enough.

All players have a posting restriction:

-- Posts have to be 160 characters or less (including quotes & Votes).
-- Posts longer than 160 characters WILL BE TRUNCATED by the Mod.

Other things:

-- Color posting is acceptable, and even encouraged.
-- Emoticons are NOT ALLOWED. No, you can't type a semicolon followed by a right paren. I'll delete it. Don't tempt me.
-- My standard rules will be in effect EXCEPT all Days will have two-week deadlines, Nights will have 48 hour deadlines.
-- All players MUST have five (5) completed games onsite. There will be no exceptions. Do not ask. Hate messages gladly accepted in my PM box.
-- Guaranteed: No jesters, no cults, no bastard modding.

Send me a PM to pre-in. Five pre-in slots still available. Game should be entering signups in about a month, depending, of course, how quickly the mini-theme queue goes.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Super Hero Mafia

12 Player theme game based upon Super Heros from Various media such as comics,TV, Movies and from different Producers such as DC/Marvel/Saban/Toku.

Role
will not
determine allignment for example Batman could be Mafia or could be Doctor.. This will eliminate the determination of allignment on name claiming.

Pre-ins are accepted however I only have 5 spots. PM me to Pre-In

I ask that you have at least 2 games under your belt here on MS and have general knowkledge of mafia terms.
Sopianae
Sopianae
Townie
Sopianae
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Sopianae »

The amazing Kortsmod, designer of such instant classics as Advertising Mafia and Brass & Shrapnel, may be returning later this year. Earlier today, Kortsmod made an announcement that he has a new project with the working title of

Setup Design Mafia

The announcement, however, was vague when it came to details; no comment on the setup was made by the mod, only making claims that "it will mark a new age in ms.net site metagame" and "will be a step towards deconstructing the barrier between mod and player". Rumors have it that the players might be able to change each other's roles and that seperate rounds might be played; others say that the players themselves will be the designers of their fates. When asked to comment, the mod shrugged and promised further press releases when the time came. For now, we can only guess at the meaning of this title; however, knowing the mod's previous work, we can expect an enjoyable one for those lucky few who get to play.

I am Sopianae of MS News; This has been a live report from Budapest. Back to the studio: animorpherv1.
[i]sophae, sophistae, sopianae[/i]
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

It's terrific fun to do battle through the heavens amid starships and laser-battles, or to pursue the bad guys through the Wild Wild West or perhaps even through Candyland.

But, let's face it, sometimes, you just wanna find the scum.

Now's your chance.

Mafia 121 -- Picking Simplicity

All Mafia, All The Time.

4 Mafia Goons
1 Serial Killer (Immune to Investigation)
1 Cop
1 Doctor
13 Townies

My standard ruleset will be in effect -- 3 week deadlines, 72 hour Nights -- and, since it's an Open setup, you already know there's no Jesters, Cults, or Lynchers involved. You must have at least three months on this site and have completed two games. Send me a PM if you'd like me to look at offsite experience in place of this.

Last edited by Nobody Special on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Bowser »

Hello, pathetic humans

Some assholes broke into my castle while I was...entertaining guests and stole my keys. I am locked out of the castle, but I've narrowed down my suspects to 28 people. I am pretty sure I know who has my keys, but just to punish them I am forcing everyone to play mafia
TO THE DEATH

So, without futher ado, I would like to announce my upcoming large theme game:
Super Mario Brothers Mafia I: Invasion of Bowser's Castle
This will be the first in a series of games based on the Mario series. This one will be based mainly on Super Mario RPG. This game is in the review stage right now. As you can see in the sig, this game will be a bastard mod and we are accepting pre-ins.
You are required to have IC status to play this game. That means you must PM me 5 games completed, so I may review them.

FLAVOR WILL BE HEAVY! You are required to know knowledge of the flavor. You will be quizzed on this, so pay attention.

<3,
~CSL
~Untrod
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Slaxx »

90s Band Mafia:

slaxx presents wrote:
Morning

You step up onto the center stage. The crowd roars. The lights shine down on you. The gentle wind brushes up against your skin. You pick up your guitar and look into the sea of faces. Each one focused on you. Cheering for you. But you're not nervous. No, this is what you've been waiting for. For a long time. You walk up to the microphone and speak

"How you all doing tonight?!"

The crowd explodes with noise. Their bellows and cheers could be heard from miles around. You drape the neck strap of the guitar around your body and get ready to play. The drummer taps the high hat.

1..2..3..4..1..2..Ready Go!

You swing your arm down across the strings. The guitar makes a terrible sound. Almost like...an alarm. You try again. The same noise. You keep strumming the guitar and each time it buzzes.

You open your eyes. Of course, it was a dream. This is the eleventh day in a row you have slept in the van...and its the same for the other three band members that are also making this van their new home. You're out of money, out of luck, and everyone says you'll never make it. But damn it, you have a dream. A huge dream. And you WILL make it. You don't care how many milk jugs you have to pee in or how many packs of Ramen noodles you must consume before you make it big. You love playing music.

You open up the back of the van and a flyer hits you in the face. What a bit of serendipity! You read it.

This is your chance to make it big! Lets hope nobody ruins it for you!
Required Experience:
2 games on this site. A little flavor knowledge would be helpful, but flavor is very easily accessible.

Pre inning:
Please PM me to pre in. Or with any questions you have about the game.

My experience:
This. Everyone in the thread approved of my modding :)
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Halo: Reach Mafia

Reach. The most important human colony, located in the Epsilon Eridani System, 10.5 light years from Earth, has come under attack. The Covenant, a hostile force of alien creatures, has appeared on Reach in order to wipe out the most important headquarters for the United Nations Space Command and the main supplier of military and civilian spacecraft, and the location of the UNSC's largest and most active shipyard. It's up to you to repel this threat. Gear up!

Requested Experience:
I ask that you have at least one game of experience on site.
Pre-Ins:
To pre-in, please PM me. A max of four pre-ins will be allowed.

PM me if you have any other questions!

-Yes, I did borrow some information verbatim from the Halo Wiki. :D
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Zang »

Fast Food Mafia

At first, it was a "Healthy" rivalry. But that all changed when Dairy Queen was found dead outside the entrance to Jamba Juice.

This is based on American and International fast food chains. There will be some flavor but not much. I require 1 game on site to join. You can PM me to pre-in.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Guns and Ropes: Midland

(MNB Logo appears to start the news broadcast)

Mary: Good morning citizen of Midland, Texas, I am your anchor, Mary.

Steward: And I am your co-anchor Steward.

Mary: Midland is a beautiful with with great neighborhoods, solid commercial areas, and has one of the best economies in America. There are many reasons why people are immigrating to this city.

Steward: In this economic recession, Midland is one of the safest haven from the stress of life.

Mary: That being said, we recently have had reports of murder which have been slightly higher then normal. A month ago, only one person was reported to have been killed due to homicide. This month, at least four people have been confirmed to have died to similar circumstances.

Steward: And last night, a fifth one has been added to the list, which should likely be the last homicide incident of the month.

Mary: A twenty-seven year old woman named Karel Ybittar was found dead with a stab wound to the heart and a shot to the head. Investigators, despite resilient effort to find evidence that would lead to the perpetrator, have failed to accomplish anything in terms of progress. This could confirm that the perpetrator has successfully destroyed any evidence made against him and will not be caught unless extensive work is put forth by the government, the police force, and even the citizens itself.

Steward: On to other news...

(Shut TV Off)

You have a realization. These weren't criminals that could easily be caught in a matter of days, they were very intelligent and they knew how to avoid criminal authority. You have no training in law or police force, so you immediately dismiss the possibility that perhaps
you
could be the one to save this city from possible ruins. So you decided to go outside and get some fresh air, which is manly because you're bored and have nothing to do, not even house chores.

You decided to walk out of the neighborhood. Rather then turn left to spend a few hours at the city, you decided instead to journey northward to where there were no buildings and where no one lived. This looks like an ordinary walk to the countryside. After a few hours where you see no civilization for a few miles, you stopped. You feel lost, lonely, and even cold, since the weather is starting to cool off until a hint of spring arrives in about six months. But you just remembered the place where you lived and thought it was time to head back.

You thought of fond memories you had as a child, the things you used to cherish but now miss, and even your past life back. But you decided that it was best to suck it up and move on, for staying in the past would result in terrible consequences. But then you found your loneliness to dissipate into thin air. A minuscule part of your vision saw what somewhat familiar. These people. You were not accustomed to seeing people for less then a few hours, except when asleep. So rather then head home for the night, you used the opportunity to run toward
that
particular group. But when you finish jogging toward that group, you feel tired. You also saw a group of people in a grim, serious mood. They looked like as if they were about to inflict serious harm on each other. You ask them a question "What's wrong with you people? Can't we just go home and forget all about this conflict? It is utterly meaningless."

They all give you a strong glare that said "Would you like a taste of death?"

You back off, knowing that there was nothing you could do to resolve the conflict. But you had a revelation. Perhaps the person responsible for the murder were in that group. On the off-chance that was the case, you decided that it was worth sticking around from the distance. Unfortunately for you, there were no other witnesses to make a testimony. You had no choice but to record everything you saw. But you realized that you without knowing it carried a diary that you never wrote on and up until now, had no plans on writing, even thought your best friends gave it to you for your birthday last year. This looked like the time to give your pen the first stroke inside the diary. It would be uncensored, without edits, and give full detail on what you thought would be crucial to the history of Midland, the city you love so much.

With all that out, you began writing...

Dear

What I want to say...

Entry Number #1

Saturday, October 13, 2012

To be honest, I've never written in this diary before and up until today this fine afternoon, I thought it would never receive any attention from me. But for some reason, this particular event managed to get me interested in writing again. I guess when I die people will take a look at it and see what my life was like. Of course no one would that willing to search through a deserted house for such an unknown person like me.

I have a gut feeling that the event that I will be paying witness to will turn out to be like no other in this city. It will likely be scathing, sharp, fear-mongering, and unforgettable. And while no one else will share my feeling on this, it may very well put to end the trouble that has been occuring in this city recently before it gets out of hand. It is an exceptionally unique experience since as of this moment, I am the only witness of this incident. Whenever or not my prediction comes to blossom or wither away will be to see in a matter of days. I'll stop writing now and pay attention to the event and I will jog down what I see that I deem important to note.

Players:
Twelve
Game Type:
Mini Normal
Prerequisite:
There are no requirements set to join this game, although I wouldn't mind you having a complete game under your belt to make sure you're familiar with Mafia.
Moderated by:
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Setup Review:
Hoopla, SpyreX, Mykonian, Vi, and MichelSableheart
Start Date:
Unknown
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by PogoStick »

/in for super hero
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Town: 0-1
Scum: 1-1
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Vi »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:/in for super hero
You want this thread.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Queue”