Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

... That's epic and all, but how do you decide who wins?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Announcing... "Just Play The Hits" Mafia!

A 15 person uPick game under the Geriatric Ruleset!

In this game, you will submit to me a mainstream pop artist from the last 20 years with at least one Top 10 hit!
In response, every player in the game will get a role back with 3 one-shot abilities derived from that artist's hits.
Aside from the one shot abilities, every player will be otherwise a vanilla version of their role.

Once those 3 shots are used, you're out of shots!
Players will only flip as their role name and alignment. Shots will not be revealed upon death.

Pre-ins are full! PM me if you want to know when the game goes into signups.
1. Untrod Tripod
2. sheepsaysmeep
3. Thestatusquo
4. Aristophanes
5. Gamma Emerald
6. Gödel
7. DeathNote
8. Mathdino
green shirt thursdays
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:33 am

Post by FakeGod »

My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Venmar »

Announcing!

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scummers and Congress UPick

Everyone's favourite turn-based strategy game has now arrived to a scum thread near you! From the brainiac minds of Venmar and Meastro, we are delighted to host a UPick that will have you saying "Just one more post, I swear."

This will game will be a UPick. Players will submit to me a list of civilizations that are playable in the game of Civ 5, and Maestro and I will provide you with a role according to your choice, and design a setup once all the picks are in.

Here's the Fun Part!
- Inside the game there will be a public, daily mechanic known simply as the
World Congress
, modeled in flavour after the Congress of the same name in the video game. In addition to lynching during every day phase, players will have the ability to vote in the World Congress. At the start of each day, a World Congress "Host" is elected from among the playerbase. For that day, the Host and the runner-up in the votes will each choose one "Resolution" for the playerbase to vote on. Each player has an X amount of delegates, determined by day phase (each day each player gets an extra delegate) and other factors, and can assign them to support or oppose resolutions being considered. Resolutions (such as Standing Army Tax, for example), if passed by a majority, can have direct, indirect, arbitrary, or clear effects upon the gamestate, but be assured, they have an effect, so vote wisely! Voting in the World Congress occurs concurrently with the day's voting for lynching.

As per my modding style (Venmar), expect some interesting mechanics, roles, and flavour! I hope to see you at the Congress!

Mod:
Venmar
Co-Mod & Backup Mod:
Maestro
Reviewed by:
wgeurts and Maestro
Size:
Setup Style:
UPick
Hydras?:
No
Bastard?:
There will be no bastard elements. There won't be "bastard" roles created for the UPick, and there will be no deception, alignment changing, or lying on my part as mod.

Now accepting Preins! Please PM me for a spot!
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Ginngie »

lmaooooooooo
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

Do YOU want to Hydra?
Do YOU want to play an Aligame?
Do you want to play a game and not have to worry about it being balanced?

Because if so, coming to the large theme queue once I find my co-mod (oh wait I just did lol)
is a continuation of my Hydra games.
And yes, this is because Elli wanted something to play something.

Yes, its another Hydra only uPick.

TO REVISIT OLD MECHANICS!
> Anything uPick. You have to send me 3 pairs. So like couples or things that just go well together.
> I'm not designing the game with balance in mind. Expect crazy shit.
> Each Head of the Hydra will recieve a role! This is the main concept behind every hydra game I run.
> Upon Lynch, both heads of the hydra will flip with their Role PMs.
> A Hydra cannot be targetted with an action, instead you must target the heads of the Hydra.
> If a head of a hydra were to die, their alignment and role will not flip until the other half of the hydra dies. Their flavour however will flip.
> If a head of a hydra were to die, the hydra account that was previously used cannot post. Instead, the alive head must use their main account to post.
> There will be events and prizes recieved from said events. The usage of Prizes cannot be seen. (To explain events, events are minigames that will happen at certain time. People will /in for the event once it goes into sign-ups to play the minigame.

NEW MECHANICS!
> Scum will have a factional hydra kill.
> I'm allowing 15 hydras minimum, and 19 hydras max. So upon inning, state a preference on how many hydras you want in the game.
> Upon inning, hydras will state their preference between the following deadline lenghts in order from "I want this the most" to "I want this the least."
  • 48 hour days, 24 hour nights.
  • 96 hour days, 24 hour nights
  • 7 Days, 48 hour nights
  • 10 days, 48 hour nights
Restrictions
> I'm going to be loosely WOTMing this.
> 2 HEADED HYDRA ONLY. I AM NOT DESIGNING A ROLE FOR A 4 HEADED HYDRA AGAIN NONONONONONONO

glhf and have fun :]
(Elli + someone
Maki + Dunnstral
Smocaine + Kokichi Oma
Beeboy + someone)
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by mastina »

This is a bad idea, this is a bad idea, what the fuck am I doing this is a bad idea...

The Absolute Worst Game Ever Run

Wherein I deliberately be a shitty mod.

This will be a game where
  • The game will not be balanced, even remotely.
  • The OP will not be updated, at all.
  • I will not prod players.
  • I will not provide votecounts.
  • When a lynch is achieved I may or may not deliberately wait to post the flip.
  • When I do post the flip I will not format it.
  • There will be sloppy, sporadic answers to moderator questions.
  • Deadlines for days will be randomly set anywhere from 4-40 days long.
  • Lynches at deadline will be plurality.
  • Night deadlines will be arbitrary.
  • I will always be late opening the thread.
It is as shitty a game as you can get.

Coming to the mini theme queue some time, I guess.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Mathdino and JaydragonKing Present...!

After travelling around the world, we found the best of the best! These guys are the life (and sometimes death) of a party! I am of course talking about...

Clowns!

Join Ringleader Mathdino as we go and give the performance of a lifetime!

-All roles are non-bastard fictional clowns and jesters!
-No third parties, just good old-fashioned 10:3 mafia!
-Under review for balance, guaranteed flavor-unbreakable!
-Performances (Day Phase) and Practice (Night Phase)!
-Flavored vote counts and wonderful jokes!

-
All flavor text ghostwritten by JaydragonKing! (Even this ad!)

And coming to a Circus (Mini Theme Queue) near you...!

T
h
e
C
l
o
w
n
s
p
i
r
a
c
y
!

Get your tickets to the show early with a pre-in! Limited time offer, so grab 'em while they're hot! Any questions can be directed to the Ringleader - me! Don't worry, I don't bite... but some of our performers might!

Tickets available:
1. Cedrick
2. Beefster
Last edited by Mathdino on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:34 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

The Cradle Will Fall

Miracles born of misery. Tragedies bore of truths. From shattered shards, free yourself - crawling, bloody - from your caging cocoon and be reborn anew.

Chaos bore you from its heart. You and your siblings crawled from its cage of ribs… Crawling, bloody - do gods even bleed? What
color
does a god’s blood taste like? - trailing dying galaxies in your wake. Born with the power to create and destroy, you and your siblings slipped for Chaos’ cradle and crafted galaxies, worlds, civilizations, wars, life, and death.

Gods craft the rules of their world in the stars, in the marrow of their followers, and in the very cosmos they create. But even gods bend knee to one rule.

From chaos they were born and to chaos they will end.

The cage is open. A dried husk, waiting to be filled and bore anew. You must follow your destiny, but…

You may follow in the manner that you choose.

- Semi Open Setup
Kindred
versus 6
Primal.

- The
Kindred
possess a factional vengeance kill instead of a factional night kill.
- Role madness with a twist: only one power role - elected by the plurality - may act alone during the Night Phase.
- Original flavor
Last edited by AnonymousGhost on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

WHAT IS 'MAGIC THE GATHERING'?
Spoiler:
Traveling throughout the Multiverse are Planeswalkers–powerful mages with the rare ability to leave the world of their birth. The adventures, plots, and machinations of these Planeswalkers forever alter the fates of those they encounter. The monsters and civilizations of the Multiverse also have their own histories and legends. Each plane is rich in mystery and intrigue, strife and war, all with epic stories just waiting for your discovery.

Magic the Gathering is a trading card game published by Wizards of the Coast. It's probably safe to say that Magic the Gathering is THE trading card game, as it was the first and still stands as one of the most popular. Players take on the identity of powerful magicians capable of traversing realities. The cards you play with represent a suite of spells and creatures that you can call forth from other worlds. Ever complex and evolving, Magic the Gathering is just as much of a challenging game of strategy and deckbuilding as it is a cultural phenomenon.

The goal of this Mafia game is to produce the same sense of power and strategy that Magic affords its players. I've designed the setup to capture the feeling of playing Magic, visiting new planes that present the players with new flavor as well as new cards to add to their collection, all while doing battle with other equally powerful planeswalkers. I've developed a very non-normal role madness setup that should give every player a good deal of agency with not just the sort of role they receive, but also how they plot victory over their peers.

WHAT IS A 'VARSOON GAME'? WHAT SORT OF GAME SHOULD I EXPECT HERE?
Spoiler:
Magic the Gathering Mafia is a 17 player theme game with a non-normal setup that functions somewhat similar to a U-Pick in that players will be choosing 'color identities' and I will be building roles around those identities, then assigning alignments after roles have been generated. Days will be 2 weeks, nights will last 48 hours. You should expect this setup to be as varied and complex as setups that I have run in the past. I've specifically designed the unique mechanics to make each day/night phase drastically different from the last in terms of what rules are in play and what options are available to players in terms of role-related power. At it's heart, this is still a game of Mafia, but players should expect a somewhat chaotic gamestate with ever-shifting power dynamics and public mechanics. As a very important note, this game is NOT a bastard setup--this game DOES NOT feature any cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated, secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game. That said, this game DOES feature incredibly heavy shifts in role mechanics and public game mechanics that are much more notable than any other game run on-site.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run. Do not expect any 'vanilla' roles here.

'Varsoon Games' are typically characterized by heavy flavor, high quality moderation, and unpredictable yet satisfying mechanics. I am very cognizant of my moderator meta and I constantly keep even seasoned fans on their toes. I have achieved a Master's Degree in writing Fiction; I enjoy writing involved flavor that reflects the sensibilities of players and the game state while not revealing anything that would give a mechanical advantage. I also take Mafia very seriously; I spend over 8 hours a day with access to the site, always with a tab open, refreshing my games, re-reading them, and so on--even when I worked full time and went to college, I accomplished this endeavor. For me, Mafia is a labor of love and a full-time job. I want to deliver the quality experience that I came to love on this site. My games, hopefully, represent that.

As far as moderation goes, I see online Mafia moderation the same way I do moderating a face-to-face game with my friends. I am here to ensure all of my friends and guests have a fun time playing a game we all enjoy. That said, Mafia does get intense. Mafia is psychological. Mafia can feature very aggressive rhetoric. We lynch people here. I love those aspects of the game, and I want them to be in a game, although they will always run risk of ruining the experience for some players. I am far less draconic in my moderation than other moderators. I will always err on the side of the player. That said, I have no patience for players who do break the rules. Do not play my game if you are habitually in trouble with moderators and other players. I'll do everything I can to keep you in-game and having a fun time, but if you cross the line and it's clear you intentionally broke a rule, I will have no mercy in my judgment.

I do not enforce Blacklists, Wisdom of the Crowds, Wisdom of the One, or any similar requests to prohibit players from playing. The only players not welcome in my games are banned players. Do not ask me to prohibit a player from joining for personal reasons; I will never do so unless they currently have a ban or restriction. Everyone is welcome at my table. If you have a personal problem with a player, come to a happy agreement with them before creating drama in my signup thread or in my game. If you absolutely can't play with someone else, do not sign up for a game of mine if they are in the player list. If you do, I will allow you in, but don't think I'm going to shunt the other player because of your personal issues. I want everyone to get together and have fun here. I fully support even bitter rivals playing at the same table and learning to overcome their own differences in order to have fun with something we all enjoy.

WHERE/HOW DO I SIGN UP? (CURRENT PRE-INS: 11/11):

Spoiler:
This is a 17 player game that will be run as a large theme game, which means that my setup will need to go through the moderator queue before signups can begin. Once they do, I will link the signup thread here! I am allowed up to 11 Pre-ins, so if you'd like a PM when the game signups begin, let me know and I can send that to you.

Pre-ins:
1. Iconeum
2. OnTheMark
3. Yume
4. Chara
5. Randomidget
6. Beeboy
7. Creature
8. Titus
9. Almost50
10. Cerberus v666
11. Snarkysnowman

PUBLIC MECHANICS APPEARING IN MAGIC THE GATHERING MAFIA:

"UNTAP, UPKEEP, DRAW"
Spoiler:
When you sign up for this game, please submit three choices for what you desire your 'color identity' to be.
You may choose either a single color or any combination of two colors for your color identity choices.
For those unfamiliar, the colors are:
White: Color of order, law, healing, righteousness, community, absolutism, and light.
Black: Color of power, corruption, ambition, and amorality.
Blue: Color of reason, intellect, dreams, illusion, creativity, trickery, and manipulation.
Red: Color of freedom, passion, emotion, chaos, impulse, and fury.
Green: Color of life, instinct, nature, evolution, ecology, and interdependence.

Based on the color indentites each player submits, I will create a unique 'Planeswalker' rolecard that corresponds to their color choice.
In addition to your 'Planeswalker' rolecard, you will 'draw' three 'spell' cards that fall within your color identity at the start of the game.
At the start of each Day phase, you will 'draw' another new spell card that will be added to your current unused cards, also referred to as your 'hand'.
These spell cards will represent abilities that you may use, but only if you meet certain requirements.
Each spell will have a unique 'type' modifier, such as 'sorcery', 'instant', 'creature', etc--these are simply keywords that help differentiate how a spell functions.
The entire functionality of a spell card will be reflected in its text; keywords will be described on the spell card itself rather than in public rules.
Unless noted otherwise, once a spell card has been used, it may not be used again for the rest of the game.

"TAP TO ADD MANA TO YOUR MANA POOL"
Spoiler:
Each player will be able to generate 'mana' via various private means.
Mana is a resource that can be spent to cast your spell cards.
Mana has a color identity as well--Spell Cards will specify which color of mana they require to be cast.
Your mana accumulates between Day and Night cycles but will never carry over between more than one cycle (You can not use 'banked' mana from Day 1 on Day 2, but could use it on Night 1).

"PLANECHASE"
Spoiler:
When the game begins, all players assume the role of 'Planeswalkers' on the plane of Dominaria.
However, at the start of each new day, all players will begin in a new plane.
Each plane represents a different world or universe in the multiverse, and will come with its own set of unique rules specific to that plane.
These unique planar rules will often influence player's mana growth, mana use, and spell card effects.
While some of these changes are incredibly drastic and border on what may be considered 'bastard' by some, this is not a bastard game.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Korina »

Game Name:
Follow the Leader!

Game Type:
Open Nightless, (96hr day)

Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:
No-one...
Maybe Ari

Reviewed By:
Myself, over very very very many irl games using this setup

Bastard?:
Yes, very very bastard.

Hydrae Allowed?:
No

Other Restrictions?:
No

Description:

Rolelist:
- 1 Cultist Leader
- 1 Cultist Recruiter
- 1 Mason Leader
- 1 Mason Recruiter
- 4 Vestless Survivors

The following roles in addition to the above may or may not be in play, (the roles that will certainly be in play are bolded):
-
Cult/Mason Citizen

- Cult/Mason 1-Shot Cop
- Cult/Mason 1-Shot Doctor
- Cult/Mason 1-Shot Vigilantae

Follow the leader is an interesting game to say the least. It features a unique mechanic that I've dubbed "Leader" mechanics. Each side (Mason and Cult) will have a "leader". The special mechanics regarding this "leader" is that if the leader dies, then that side loses, even if they have majority. The leader is a physical role.

This game is nightless, meaning all actions must be submitted during the day phase, and will be carried out during a "pause phase" in-between both days, meant for me to really just get my bearing straight. Lynches are mandatory, and plurality is in effect, meaning if majority isn't reached by the end of the day, I'll pick whoever is at the most votes to lynch. The pause phases last as long as it takes for me to send out all results.

As a result, all PC's are always unlocked.

The following extra mechanics are in play:
- Recruitment
- Shot for Lynch

Recruitment:
Recruitment mechanics allow Cultists/Masons to recruit others into their side, converting them into a Cult/Mason Citizen. If a Cult/Mason recruiter targets a Mason/Cultist, they will kill them instead. You may be wondering about what the other roles I said there were, and how they fit into this: Once recruited, the Recruiter may spend a night training a Citizen into another role. Once they are converted to this new role, that is their permanent role, unless the Recruiter dies, in which case one other role (not the leader), may take the position over. There cannot be more than 1 recruiter on any side at any given moment, and training someone will act as their action that phase.

Shot for Lynch:
If a Vigilantae targets a player during the day, the day phase will be called automatically there, and whoever was shot will be the "lynch" target. Doing this however, comes at a cost: If a vigilantae shoots a player, the Recruiter will be automatically roleblocked.

Results and Stuff:

Cops are given results as:
(if Cultist): Not Mason/Mason
(if Mason): Not Cultist/Cultist

Doctors are given results as:
Your target was attacked! / (no message about target being attacked).

Vigilantae aren't given results for their actions.

Doctor protects their target for one phase, preventing them from being voted during the next day phase, and protecting them from a vigilantae shot.

This post will tell you all you need to know about my game. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be very confused when I start posting quotes from my friends and I playing this setup IRL.

IRL makes it so much more fun to play, mainly because of finger-gunning people as vig, then shouting about how you shot first.

This game is 100% bastard, but will be very very funny... hopefully... just don’t claim 3rd party when wagons are happening... That’s a bad idea...
(Real story with this set-up: I claimed surv in middle of wagons. Everyone went silent, then everyone voted me. It was great).

Btw, expect policy lynch galore.

2 Pre-In Slots Left:
1. Voyager UC
2. RedFlavor
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

Post by mastina »

SUCCINCT MAFIA:
Mini theme, coming after current game ends.
Game Mechanics
  • No posts over 500 words.
  • No triple-posting.
  • No more than 4 posts/page.
    (Resets after 24 hours.)

• No more than 10 posts/24 hours.
  • See also: Setup; Rules; Infractions.
Setup
Rules
  • Follow explicit site rules.
  • Follow implicit game rules, e.g.
    <<< not faking mod content >>>
  • Bold or vote tag (un)votes. If I recognize a(n un)vote, it counts.
  • Night deadline's 48 hours on weekdays, 72 on weekends.
  • By default, no day deadline is featured. If half of players living (rounded down) request it, a
    one week deadline
    is implemented. Deadline uses
    Plurality Lynch rules
  • By default, no prods are given. Players may request prods on anyone not posting for 48 hours. Prodded players have 48 hours to return or face replacement.
  • By default, no votecounts (other than day-end) are given. When requested, a basic votecount will be given within 24 hours.
  • Though normally a strong pro-hydra proponent, this game won't allow them.
  • Ask questions! I answer.
  • See also: Infractions.
Infractions
  • Violators of a rule receive a warning. This lasts two weeks.
  • If a second identical infraction occurs within that timeframe, violator forfeits their vote for one week.
  • If a third identical infraction occurs while voteless, violator will be force-replaced.
  • Identical posts will be deleted, thus don't count towards post totals. Posts with broken tags will have their tags fixed, so don't repost something broken with a fixed tag; that
    does
    count towards post totals.
  • Attempts to abuse the system aren't tolerated; moderator discretion applies. I reserve the right to harsher or more lax punishment as I see fit.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1236, mastina wrote:SUCCINCT MAFIA
The Irony!
I can taste it!!!

:P
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1237, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1236, mastina wrote:SUCCINCT MAFIA
The Irony! I can taste it!!! :P
That was intended.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Mulch »

What's the POINT of this
Amrock#3784
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Alisae »

Why hello there.
The first game seemed to have taken quite a toll on you and took quite a bit of effort.
Rest assured, you made it out alive, recovered, and planned your next move accordingly.
Now you're back, but the enemy has built up their army.
We expect great things from you...

Pine.

The difficulty will be first rate.
Camn and I intend to make you beg for mercy.

Turn of Camn

This game is as sequel to the extremely well known and highly successful Camn's Revenge. With Pine's return (and his highly anticipated child that is due extremely soon), Pine asked me to do a sequel to the game and I figured it would be fun so here it is. This is coming to the Large Theme Queue soon :3

Mechanics

It wouldn't be the Camn's Revenge series without Pine the Guilty Child Treestump. But that comes with many privileges. To review, Pine will give me his choice in his team's scum roles, daytalk (all private topics will have this unless stated otherwise), and a role request (include this or do not put this in the setup). From there, I will design the setup and balance it against Pine. Once the game fills, I will draft players against Pine. The draft will be as even as possible and he will have the first pick. And on Night 0, Pine will assign roles to his scumteam (after everyone has confirmed)
Basicly,
Alignments and roles are not random.

However, Camn still wants her revenge and isn't really satisfied with the first game. So she will be the Town Innocent Child Treestump with a N0 masonize shot. Because N0 Guilties is terrible game design, Camn will send me a list of (the number of scum in the game + the number of masons (expect this number to be 1 or 2) ) targets, and her masons will be randed out of that (removing all wolves from that rand of course). This masonize shot cannot be interfered with by roles and will not fail.
That is all of the information I am willing to reveal about the setup and its mechanics (for now) :]

How do I join this amazing game

I am not taking pre-ins.
I am allowing Pine to send out all of his invitations, and all pre-ins will consist of people who Pine invited. I am also enforcing HEAVY WOTM. From there, once the game actually hits sign-ups, people can join mostly freely. General rule of thumb is if I PM you to come join once the game hits sign-ups or Pine invited you at the first round of invitations, you can join, OR if I somehow forget to pm you to come join and you /in, if me, Pine, and Camn have no problems with you playing (and one of us knows who you are), then you can play :]
EDIT: Hydras are welcomed

One last thing to take into consideration!

Pine's baby is due on May 17th. When the baby arrives, I'm pausing the game for 1 week for obvious reasons (I'll keep all private topics open). Keep this in mind please :].
GTKAS
| here.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Mulch »

If you would like to pre /in to Gunner Mafia, a closed 21 player theme game featuring Town Gunner and Mafia Gunner, let me know. 10 day deadlines. I can promise fun and balance. Edit: (5/14 taken)
Last edited by Mulch on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amrock#3784
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1236, mastina wrote:
SUCCINCT MAFIA:
Game Mechanics
  • No triple-posting.
    (Resets after 24 hours.)

Setup
Rules
  • By default, no day deadline is featured. If half of players living (rounded down) request it, a
    one week deadline
    Plurality Lynch rules
  • By default, no prods are given. Players may request prods on anyone not posting for 48 hours. Prodded players have 48 hours to return or face replacement.
  • By default, no votecounts (other than day-end) are given. When requested, a basic votecount will be given within 24 hours.
Infractions
  • If a second identical infraction occurs within that timeframe, violator forfeits their vote for one week.
  • If a third identical infraction occurs while voteless, violator will be force-replaced.
  • Identical posts will be deleted, thus don't count towards post totals. Posts with broken tags will have their tags fixed, so don't repost something broken with a fixed tag; that
    does
  • Attempts to abuse the system aren't tolerated; moderator discretion applies. I reserve the right to harsher or more lax punishment as I see fit.
How many words are in this post?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Do you enjoy solving games with your buddies without the pain of playing hydra games?

Do you enjoy getting to choose your alignment without being screwed by having chosen your alignment??

Do you enjoy challenging, scumhunting-heavy setups as a test of skill between two sides???

Do you want to play team mafia without the
Team Mafia
?!?!?!

Grab a partner. You're in luck.

brought to you by
Mathdino
and
northsidegal
coming to the micro queue...

Featuring:

• Two games for two partners! Sign up together, play two games separately. Work together behind the scenes! Whichever duo wins both wins the full game!

• One all-vanilla 9p Open modded by 2-time Normal mod northsidegal!

• One 9p "Normal" (not officially NRG) designed/modded by 2-time Open mod Mathdino!

• A special start-of-game mechanic to throw a wrench in the decision of which game to play!

• Reviewed by:
    • Tarot reading 1000-time Newbie mod fferyllt!
    • Mod of the wildly popular and ultra-balanced setups Jester Nightless, Fakeclaim uPick, and Things Not To Put Your Dingus In Mafia, Jingle!
    • Possibly another reviewer coming.
9 slots. Pre-ins not available.
Take this time to find a partner -- we're queuing up once Team Mafia officially ends. WOTMods will be in effect, primarily for flakers. This game is expected to be treated (and is designed around being treated) by the players as two games, with two win conditions.

Also, despite the above memes, mad credit/praise to Ellibereth, MathBlade, mhsmith0, Ether, beeboy, Alisae, Jingle, and fferyllt for Team Mafia this year, and for implementing the tournament mechanics that I'm shamelessly stealing. Y'all the real MVPs.

Edit:
To minimise the chance of catastrophic failure,
I am setting an experience requirement of at least 2 completed games onsite
so NSG and I can review for potential issues. WOTMods at our mutual decision and discretion.
Last edited by Mathdino on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Y'all are the MVP's.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

should've done shadowhydras
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:18 am

Post by northsidegal »

Want to test your scumhunting skills? Prove you don’t need power roles to find scum?

Want to show off your scumgame? Go for a perfect victory, or pull off gambits galore?

Red Flag

Open Setup:
  • 13 players

• 9 Town

• 4 Mafia

• Town wins when any two mafia members are
    lynched
    , or if all mafia are dead.
  • Mafia may nightkill their own members.

In the Open queue now! Experience recommended.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1242, LicketyQuickety wrote:
SUCCINCT MAFIA:
Game Mechanics
  • No triple-posting.
    (Resets after 24 hours.)

Setup
Rules
    one week deadline
    Plurality Lynch rules
Infractions
    does
? 7.
? 283.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1247, mastina wrote:
In post 1242, LicketyQuickety wrote:
SUCCINCT MAFIA:
Game Mechanics
  • No triple-posting.
    (Resets after 24 hours.)

Setup
Rules
    one week deadline
    Plurality Lynch rules
Infractions
    does
? 7.
? 283.
Mucho gusto Mastina.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

SPEAKEASY USER POPULARITY POLL MAFIA
2017 EDITION

GAME FAQ:

Q: What is this flavor?

A: SUPP is an annual event that Chevre runs in the Speakeasy and a prominent part of site culture. Each role is based off of a scummer with some memorable role in the event (who has given me permission to be included in this game). No flavor knowledge required.

Q: What information can you give me about your game?

A: 18 player Large Theme. One unique, easily understood mechanic: a special Day 1 private ranking-based lynch (yes, you get to rank scummers again). An attempt to bring back a similar setup to Laundry, with unique, flavorful, but not incredibly powerful roles.

Q: What sort of stuff should I expect from the setup?

A: Role madness. Striving to deliver a swing-minimized, hopefully balanced experience.

Q: Anything else I should know?

A: I would strongly prefer players having Theme game experience under their belt. Exceptions can be made but I probably would need experience with you or be able to trust you. No hydras this time, unfortunately. PM me for pre-in.

Expect me to have this game up and running in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully. (I've been trying to motivate myself to run this ever since July, this post is me making the commitment that gives me the push.)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided

Return to “Queue”