Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

The Amazing World of Gumball

17 player large theme
Role Madness
Must have at least 2 completed on-site games
Hydras allowed

PM me to pre-/in. ^_^
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:57 am

Post by zakk »

i'm running a game soon

its gonna be fun

ppl should join it
permanently retired

see here for more info
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 976, zakk wrote:i'm running a game soon

its gonna be fun

ppl should join it
no investigation no right to speak
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:59 am

Post by BNL »

Coming soon to the Micro Queue…

Setup uMake Mafia

Mechanics:
As implied by the title, the setup will be made by the players. At the start of the game, seven players will make town roles and two players will make scum roles. Then these roles will be shuffled and redistributed to all the players.

I will also be introducing a new mechanic this game (and all future non-Normal games I mod): Each player, by request, may PM me for a PT just to store their thoughts in.

Accepting up to 4 pre-ins, hydras allowed.

Currently accepting 2/4 pre-ins, 2/4 pre-ins filled.
Last edited by BNL on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:01 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

now taking pre-ins
2023 W/L | 1-0
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Adventure Mafia

A 21- player Large Normal currently in review for normalcy and balance!
Pre-in today and visit crazy places all over the world!

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

Remember that time I didn't run
Homestuck Mafia
5 years ago? No? Well, it's happening this time. Coming soon to a queue near you. I apologize in advance for the crimes we will commit together against sanity.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

DC Dual Universes uPick

This game is a uPick for any DC Superhero. During pre-game, players should send in a list of three DC Superheroes they'd like to be. Priority for who gets their top picks first will be randomized.

The main mechanic is a Dual World mechanic (initially designed by my friend Metrion).
Spoiler:
The game begins as a regular game in Earth-One until the town mislynches.

When the town mislynches, then the game will move to Earth-Two.

Earth-Two will have a completely different rolelist. Rolecards for Earth-Two are not distributed until the game moves there. However, characters are the same in both worlds.

Alignments are completely random in both worlds. Players might or might not have the same alignment between worlds.

Players may discuss both worlds at any time.

If the town mislynches again, then the game moves back to Earth-One and you will be able to use your previous roles. If town mislynches again, then back to Earth-Two, etc.

Dying in one Earth does not kill you in the other. For example, if a townie is mislynched day one in Earth-One, they will still be alive in Earth-Two unless they are also killed in Earth-Two, and vice versa.

If all of the scum/town are eliminated in one world, the game will remain in the other world for the rest of the game.

Pre-in today <3
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:58 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Game Name: 1980s UPick Horror Mafia
Game Type: Theme/UPick
Game Size: 9 Players

Spoiler: List of Movies to Pick From
After you in please PM me your top three choices in order of preference.

Carefully look at the years in the list below to ensure your choice is eligible, as most of these movies had many sequels, or where remade.
You can pick any major character from the following movies:

• Evil Dead(1981)
  • Friday the 13th(1980 or any sequel in the 80s)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street(1984 or any sequel in the 80s)
  • Re-Animator(1985)
  • The Shinning(1980)
  • The Thing(1982)
  • The Fly(1986)
  • The Howling(1981)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1986)
  • Halloween 3:Season of the Witch(1982)
  • Maniac(1980)
  • Creepshow(1982)
  • Child's play(1988)
  • American Werewolf in London(1981)
  • Evil Dead 2(1987)
  • Hellraiser(1987)
  • Halloween 2(1981)
  • My Bloody Valentine(1981)
  • Sleepaway Camp(1983)
  • New Years Evil(1980)
  • Pet Sematary(1989)
  • Silent Night Deadly Night(1984)
  • Day of the Dead(1985)
  • Prom Night(1980)

If there is a character from a movie you would like to play as but isn't on the list you may still submit it, but I can't guarantee I will pick it.
#freeShotty
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Antihero »

SCIENCE UPICK

13p mini theme. 3 scum:10 town, singleball, no bastard stuff.

hydras are allowed but they have to have 2 heads and no secret hydras
2 completed non-newbie, on site games are a requirement (not negotiable)

when you /in or pre-/in send me a list of 3 things from science you would want as a role. "things" can be scientists (real or imaginary), equations, formulas, theories, concepts, elements, really anything. i'd prefer it if you stuck w/ hard sciences since that's what i'm familiar with and can probably give you a role that better suits your choice, but i can read up on social science stuff (just don't make it too much of a stretch)

pre-/in slots full, keep an eye on the mini theme queue
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Painbringer »

Setup Notes

Win Conditions:

• All Factions win if the last one standing.
  • Humans: Have one Human alive and only one of the Asari/Turians live. All others die.
  • Turians: Have one Turian alive and only one of the Salarians/Humans live. All others die.
  • Asari: Have one Asari alive and only one of the Krogan/Humans live. All others die.
  • Krogan: Have one Krogan alive and only one of the Asari/Geth live. All others die.
  • Salarians: Have one Salarian alive and only one of the Turians/Geth live. All others die.
  • Geth: Have one Geth alive and only one of the Salarians/Krogan live. All others die.
Racial Abilities
  • Humans: None
  • Turians: Individual Turian Cop that cannot be framed or redirected. Turians do not know teammates at start.
  • Asari: Individual Asari Cop that cannot be framed or redirected. Asari do not know teammates at start.
  • Krogan: Night PT and Factional Night Kill
  • Salarians: Night PT and Factional Night Kill
  • Geth: Day and Night PT, No Nightkill
Miscellany
  • Flavor does not match to role.
  • All non-humans will be given a human fakeclaim name.
  • Any alien fakeclaim will be given upon request.
  • There may be Godfathers, Framers, Redirectors, and other similar roles. Specific action trumps a general status (but for Ascetic).
  • The Mod Uses a Limited Order of Operations. (Blocks resolve before Redirects unless the Redirector targets the blocker directly).
  • Alignment Cops Return "Friend" or "Foe" unless otherwise stated in the role PM. Friend means that the player can win with their target. Foe means they cannot. Framed players return Foe.
  • Any questions must be resolved by PM or PT.
  • Game will not start until after Titus is back from Chicago meet.
Hydra of Titus and Firebringer
Tone reading plus moon logic = Insanity
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

it's udyr!
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 11:21 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

War. War never changes.

Just kidding, this isn't fallout mafia. Let's try this again.

You gazed as the lights simultaneously flickered. The hallway had an eeriness to it that could form no substance of a cheerful conversation. The moon gleamed overhead, as if a reminder that hope still looms ahead. How long had this war been going on? Decades? Centuries? Nobody really remembered.

The group left the hallway and entered what appeared to be an abandoned war room. Shattered stone columns and glass shards covered the perimeter. A singular, square table stood in the center of the room, a reminder of the ongoing war. The promise day wasn't getting any farther away and a plan needed to be comprised in order to stop the Homunculi threat, which so ravaged the country. Before any of the discussion could begin, and blinding beam of light shattered the vision of the group, leaving them unconscious.

When they woke, they found themselves in Central City; however, something was definitely amiss. The city was completely abandoned. The stores, empty. The school, empty. Even the military base was completely void of life.

Suddenly, a booming voice above them broke the silence. "I have gathered you here to finally settle this ongoing dispute. This country has seen enough bloodshed as it is, and it won't stop until one side is victorious. I have cleared out this city to act as your war site. Here, you will fight until only one side remains, or die trying."

As quickly as the voice came, it disappeared. Leaving the group with one goal in mind: I must fight, and I must win.

Please join me in.......

Fullmetal Alchemist:

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:06 am

Post by shos »

In post 32, shos wrote:
Game Name:
Dem tryouts
Game Type:
theme

Bastard?:
nope
Hydras Allowed?:
1 only please
Other Restrictions?:
experienced players please; 5+ finished games on site

Description:
More cool stuff from the coolest mod around lol

A game with a very interesting, balanced setup, trying out something that HAS been done before, but in a possibly better way.
NOW IN MICRO QUEUE SIGNUPS!
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

WHAT IS 'BLOODBORNE'?
Spoiler:
Hunt your Nightmares. Face your fears in this ancient city where danger, death, and madness lurk around every corner, and uncover the city's darkest secrets in order to survive.

Bloodborne is a 2015 action-adventure video game for the Playstation 4 entertainment system. In Bloodborne, the player arrives in Yharnam, home of blood healing, in order to receive treatment. However, the player soon realizes that Yharnam is overrun with beasts and, even worse, they are trapped in a reality called "The Hunter's Dream." So long as the player is trapped in this dream, they do not die, but they also will never be free of the hunt and the beasts of Yharnam. Bloodborne is a spiritual sequel to FROMSoftware's previous titles, Demons' Souls and Dark Souls, and while it takes several thematic and gameplay queues from these games, it stands alone as the company's magnum opus. Bloodborne is a darkly enchanting adventure through the beautifully rendered gothic streets of Yharnam, a city that has fallen to the madness of men and beasts alike.

The goal of this Mafia game is to reproduce the tragic struggle and overwhelming tension of Bloodborne and render its various core elements into Mafia mechanics. I will be incorporating both public and private mechanics that may be very reminiscent of previous games I have modded, which largely served as a testing grounds for those mechanics. Furthermore, this game may be the most mechanically overwhelming of any game I have run so far--a pre-game phase will be featured that will serve the main purpose of helping players become familiar with their roles as well as the various public mechanics. This game will require its players to consider several avenues of play based on both private and public mechanics. Due to the overwhelming 'moving parts' of this setup, it may be hard to ever truly evaluate it for balance, although I believe we have managed to produce a very mechanically sound game. My focus in this game was primarily on creating a set of both private and public mechanics that drove player interest rather than singular, private roles. I hope that you will enjoy playing and reading Bloodborne Mafia. Bloodborne is one of my favorite video games of all time--I love Bloodborne and I love MafiaScum; I hope to share my passion for both through this game.

WHAT IS A 'VARSOON GAME'? WHAT SORT OF GAME SHOULD I EXPECT HERE?
Spoiler:
Bloodborne Mafia will be a 21 player Large Theme with very a large amount of public and private game mechanics, complete with substantial flavor compared to previous games that I have run.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run.

'Varsoon Games' are typically characterized by heavy flavor, high quality moderation, and unpredictable yet satisfying mechanics. I am very cognizant of my moderator meta and I constantly keep even seasoned fans on their toes. I have achieved a Master's Degree in writing Fiction; I enjoy writing involved flavor that reflects the sensibilities of players and the game state while not revealing anything that would give a mechanical advantage. I also take Mafia very seriously; I spend over 8 hours a day with access to the site, always with a tab open, refreshing my games, re-reading them, and so on--even when I worked full time and went to college, I accomplished this endeavor. For me, Mafia is a labor of love and a full-time job. I want to deliver the quality experience that I came to love on this site. My games, hopefully, represent that.

As far as moderation goes, I see online Mafia moderation the same way I do moderating a face-to-face game with my friends. I am here to ensure all of my friends and guests have a fun time playing a game we all enjoy. That said, Mafia does get intense. Mafia is psychological. Mafia can feature very aggressive rhetoric. We lynch people here. I love those aspects of the game, and I want them to be in a game, although they will always run risk of ruining the experience for some players. I am far less draconic in my moderation than other moderators. I will always err on the side of the player. That said, I have no patience for players who do break the rules. Do not play my game if you are habitually in trouble with moderators and other players. I'll do everything I can to keep you in-game and having a fun time, but if you cross the line and it's clear you intentionally broke a rule, I will have no mercy in my judgment.

I do not enforce Blacklists, Wisdom of the Crowds, Wisdom of the One, or any similar requests to prohibit players from playing. The only players not welcome in my games are banned players. Do not ask me to prohibit a player from joining for personal reasons; I will never do so unless they currently have a ban or restriction. Everyone is welcome at my table. If you have a personal problem with a player, come to a happy agreement with them before creating drama in my signup thread or in my game. If you absolutely can't play with someone else, do not sign up for a game of mine if they are in the player list. If you do, I will allow you in, but don't think I'm going to shunt the other player because of your personal issues. I want everyone to get together and have fun here. I fully support even bitter rivals playing at the same table and learning to overcome their own differences in order to have fun with something we all enjoy.

PUBLIC MECHANICS MAKING A DEBUT IN BLOODBORNE MAFIA:

JUST GO OUT AND KILL A FEW BEASTS. IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
Spoiler:
Several of the unique mechanics in Bloodborne Mafia will refer to a player being 'Slain'.
Any successfully resolved kill or a lynch will result in a player being 'Slain'--this does not necessarily mean that the player is dead, merely that the kill or lynch was successful. In most cases, Slain players will remain dead.
All players that were on a wagon that led to a player being 'Slain' and all players that submitted a kill against a player the night that the player is killed will be rewarded as if they have 'Slain' a player.

OVER TIME, COUNTLESS HUNTERS HAVE VISITED THIS DREAM.
Spoiler:
This game will feature several Private Topics that will be referred to as 'NIGHTMARE PTs'.
Every Nightmare PT will have a 'Host' player that can always view the PT and will be capable of inviting new players.
The Host of the Nightmare PT will be private information and the Host themselves may not post in their Nightmare PT unless they invite themselves to it.
Nightmare PTs MUST contain the Host as an invited target if they ever exceed 3 members.
Nightmare PTs may have events that are triggered by the Host of those Nightmares.
Nightmare PTs persist after the Host is slain.
Nightmare PTs allow dead members to continue to communicate after death.
Nightmare PTs all allow for NIGHTMARE EVENTS that are flavor-heavy actions that will affect all members of their respective Nightmare PT.
NIGHTMARE EVENTS may only happen once unless specified otherwise.
NIGHTMARE EVENTS must be triggered during the day phase preceding the Night that they will take place--they will often count as the submitted Night Action for that Night as well. In this way, a triggered NIGHTMARE EVENT will always happen even if the appropriate Host is slain on the day that the event is triggered.
Players may only ever be a member of any single Nightmare PT.
If a player is already a member of a Nightmare PT and is invited to another, the invitation will fail.
If a Host is already a member of a Nightmare PT other than their own, then they may still invite themselves to their own Nightmare PT.
If a Host is a member of their own Nightmare PT, invitations to join other Nightmare PTs will fail.

THE MESSENGERS FIND HUNTERS LIKE YOURSELF, WORSHIP, AND SERVE THEM.
Spoiler:
During the Night Phase, every single player has the ability to privately send a single, anonymous message to another target player.
You may indicate your identity in these messages or even lie about your identity--I will be the one delivering the message, though.
This ability may be used in addition to any other abilities used and may not be affected by any other abilities in the game.
There is no dead thread in Bloodborne Mafia.
Even if a player is dead, they may still send these messages, even from the grave.

THE FIRST HUNTER OF THE HEALING CHURCH ONCE RECRUITED YHARNAMITES TO SERVE AS HUNTERS.

Spoiler:
The game will begin with a predetermined 'Master of the Hunt'.
During each day phase, all players in the game may vote for a player to be the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
Any mechanic that affects voting does not affect voting towards electing the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
In order to submit a vote for the next Master of the Hunt, use the bolded tag [HUNTMASTER VOTE: Player Name].
Whenever the day phase ends, whichever player has the most votes will be the next Master of the Hunt.
In the case of a tie, the previous Master of the Hunt will remain Master of the Hunt.
Being Master of the Hunt confers a handful of mechanical benefits:
Unlike the Adventure Mechanic in my previous game, being Master of the Hunt confers absolutely no protective bonuses.
The game is balanced around the Master of the Hunt being a high-priority target.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select a Chalice Dungeon to investigate.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select up to three other players to join him in investigating the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose no players to join him, but doing so may render him unable to defeat the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose to pursue no Chalice Dungeon at all--he may still rally a party regardless.
The Hunter's Party, the chosen Chalice Ritual, and the Master of the Hunt will always be public information.
The Hunter's Party and the Master of the Hunt will be granted a private topic to chat in during all game phases.
This private topic will be locked if any member of the Hunter's Party changes.
This private topic will be locked if Master of the Hunt dies or changes.

IF THE BEASTS LOOM LARGE, AND THREATEN TO CRUSH YOUR SPIRITS, SEEK THE HOLY CHALICE.
Spoiler:
Chalice Dungeons are ancient tombs that the Master of the Hunt and his Hunting Party may investigate.
Chalice Dungeons all have a depth rating; the higher the Depth Rating, the more dangerous and rewarding the Dungeon.
Chalice Dungeons may only be successfully cleared a single time. A failed Chalice Dungeon may be revisited, however.
During the Night after The Hunter's Party has been selected, the Master of the Hunt and all members of the Hunter's Party will enter the chosen Chalice Dungeon.
The Hunter's Party will be assigned a 'LineUp' with the Master of the Hunt in the 'front' and the other players proceeding in an order chosen by the Master of the Hunt.
Certain events in the Chalice Dungeons will affect different members of the LineUp.
The Chalice Dungeon will feature role-play heavy events, complete with a boss encounter.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always happen regardless of the role-play flavor.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always be detrimental to the players involved.
The Master of the Hunt may always 'back out' when faced with the detrimental effects of the Events or Bosses.
Every Chalice Dungeon will culminate in a Boss encounter.
If all of the players involved can muster enough votes, they will slay the boss.
Slaying a boss will reward all involved players adequately.
The Master of the Hunt will always receive a more potent reward.
If the boss is not slain, all players are simply given a lesser reward.
If the boss is slain, a new Chalice Dungeon will appear with more difficult challenges and more rewarding payouts.

MAKING CONTACT WITH ELDRITCH WISDOM IS A BLESSING.
Spoiler:
Throughout the game, players may earn a resource called 'Insight'.
Town-aligned players will earn Insight from slaying scum players.
Scum-aligned players will have a different, hidden means of earning Insight.
All players may earn Insight from various events in the game.
Insight may be spent to purchase a large variety of both public and private rewards, ranging from one-shot powers to permanent passive abilities.
Insight is spent privately, during any phase of the game, so long as the player has enough Insight to purchase what they want.
A player may also simply hold onto their Insight, effectively 'banking' it.
Depending on how much Insight is banked, a player will have access to a number of public mechanics.
There will also be several detrimental mechanics designed to punish those who bank their Insight.

THE DISCOVERY OF BLOOD ENTAILED THE DISCOVERY OF UNDESIRABLE BEASTS.
Spoiler:
Some players will not earn Insight.
Instead, these players will earn a resource called 'Beasthood'.
Beasthood is earned by slaying town players.
Beasthood may be spent in several ways, all of which will be unique to the player themselves.
There are several mechanics in the game designed to be a detriment to players who can carry Beasthood.

WE ARE BORN OF THE BLOOD, MADE MEN BY THE BLOOD, UNDONE BY THE BLOOD.
Spoiler:
Every single role in the game has an assigned 'Blood Echoes' value.
Upon being slain, the dead player will reward Blood Echoes to all of the players involved in slaying them.
Blood Echoes are a resource that exists solely to be spent.
There are two ways that Blood Echoes may be spent.
Blood Echoes may be spent on private rewards, tied to a player's role.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a purchase privately, they may do so.
Blood Echoes may be spent to purchase various weapons, armor, tools, and consumables from a public Bath Messenger store.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a public purchase, they must do so in the game thread, during the Day Phase.
Public Purchases are made on a single line of their own, with the bolded tag
PURCHASE: [ITEM NAME]
Whenever a non-consumable item is purchased publicly, it is removed from the Bath Messenger store forever.

CURRENT PRE-INS (12/14):

I've been accepting Pre-Ins for awhile now, so if you would like to rescind your Pre-in, just PM me.
Furthermore, I may have missed someone--so please let me know if you Pre-inned and you aren't on this list. I hope I got everyone, though!!
Finally, feel free to hydra-up even if you have pre-inned as a solo slot.

1. Albert B. Rampage
2. Yume
3. Rylai and Lina (Shiro & Frozen Angel Hydra)
4. Titus
5. Hastur and Muriel (SugarJan & HobbesDuncan Hydra)
6. Reasonably Irrational (Cerberusv666 & Elbirn Hydra)
7. Klingoncelt
8. SirCakez
9. Nahdia
10. Xkyfu
11. Shadow_Step
12. Randomidget
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 9:19 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

TTH's Summer Mafia

18 player large theme
Must have at least 2 completed on-site games
Hydras allowed

PM me to pre-/in. ^_^
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Get your guns and your pokerfaces ready, folks! This saloon's gonna be the roughest and wildest place west of the Mississippi when it comes time for...

POKER MAFIA!

11-player Mini Theme

Players bet on Poker hands during the Day and use their winnings to buy abilities from the shop.

Accepting Pre-ins.
*No Hydras
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 6:48 am

Post by wgeurts »

If you were starting to miss the insanity.
If you thought that things couldn't get any worse.
If you want to make a fool of yourself once more.
Then you're in luck.

Everything Is A Lie Mafia 4

A 13 player horrifically bastard sequel to the last three abominations by wgeurts, coming to a mini-theme queue near you...
Accepting up to 6 pre-ins. (0 left!)
Last edited by wgeurts on Sun May 22, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Shiro »

Hhhhhhng I am in so many games D:

But I cannot resist. Pre-in me if still room or notify me when In queue
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Skullduggery »

Coming to the large theme queue in June 2016...

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Age Mafia:
[/color]
Coming to Large Theme Queue in around middle of June
The Blight is coming...
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by implosion »

Coming to a Large Theme queue probably in the next few days:

Pick Your Power 6

The Revival

This game will be based on SpyreX's old Pick Your Power series of games. It will use the same drafting mechanic as in Pick Your Power 5, where players had points that they could spend on various 1-shot roles in an auction, with the highest bidder winning each role. It will use a different set of roles.

Pre-/in today!
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Are you ready for a wild ride

Disney Upick mafia, coming soon to Mini Theme Queue......

Be there.....

Accepting up to 6 pre-ins.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Gistou

Fall of Agnigi
Spoiler: Flavor
Agnigi.

A world of one continent.

The great lake in the center of the land divides it into three sections. The great river
Divitias
flows from it to the southeast. The great mountains known as the
Erimos range
run from the seas of the northwest down to the lake. A final gap, the
great ridge
, runs from near the lake to almost touch the southwestern shores.

This land has forever been without change, as far as all known life can remember. Humanity has risen from weaklings to be the apex predator...at least, on the grander scale of things. Their combination of intelligence, tool-making, strength, speed, endurance, ability to domesticate wildlife, and sheer vast
numbers
has allowed them to overcome otherwise-superior foes, such that the great beasts of old are nothing but myth and legend.

Over time, three kingdoms of mankind formed: the nomadic
northern tribes
, the great
eastern kingdom
, and the
western empire
. The tides of time over thousands of years have seen countless countries rise and fall, with those three coalescing their power to dominate their respective domains. For hundreds of years, they have fought off rivals, used political alliances, suppressed populaces, and even committed genocide in order to secure absolute authority, until only they remained.

While all three factions have conflicted in the past, an uneasy stalemate formed where nobody could attack or risk an alliance with another, as the scales could easily tip against them with even the slightest turn in events. The northern tribes, while scattered, became hardened warriors able to mobilize quickly. The few beasts roaming their territories have fallen under their absolute control, allowing them to prosper against almost every threat.

The eastern kingdom was the first of the three to dabble in the supernatural and attempt to harness the great powers within. This, combined with their bountiful, resource-filled land, rendered them an economic power-house, able to suppress their foes by forces otherwise-unknown.

The western empire, though poor in agriculture, was ripe with ores. Investing in industry, they were able to create a great nation that ran like a well-oiled machine, responding to any threat with mechanical precision. With all three equally matched, none could be the victor.

Though tension remained high, ultimately, trade between them opened up. Through this came not only opportunities, but also stories, as the people began to intermingle. It is a well-known fact Agnigi is not without its monsters. Most of the day have long-since been destroyed, but those of the night have remained a nuisance, reappearing over time to horrifically decimate isolated villages, or lay waste to unsuspecting travelers.

It was around this time a race of humans previously-unknown shown up. Calling themselves
hunters
, these pale-skinned, red-eyed travelers, be it man or woman, specialized in fighting off monsters. Primarily employed in the south, it was theorized that these mercenaries may hail from the north, as some lost forgotten tribe, yet when asked about their origins, they refused to divulge unless to a member of their own clan.

Their international service, while starting as individuals, soon began to form a company, unaffiliated with any country and yet carrying political weight equivalent to one. Their protection for a cost became indispensable, as no other humans had any clue how to fight off the beasts of the night.

Irreplaceable, and growing in numbers, their power began to grow, especially after the rise of a dreaded beast known only as
lycans
. These beasts, they warned, were capable of turning humans into more lycans, and were thought the strongest, most ruthless beasts in existence.

The hunters continued the fight, even as the number of lycans grew far beyond the natural level, and it was at the great lake near the border between the tribes and the empire where the reason behind this disturbance brewing was revealed:

Dmitri Damanos
, once a mere bandit who had fled from the eastern kingdom, had formed a cult revering the beasts as gods. This cult, the
Wulden
, had all willingly undergone the process of lycanthropy. Things only got worse. Already an even match for the hunters, Dmitri was able to uncover a dark secret from the eastern kingdom, utilizing a mad science to recreate a long-since forgotten process to turn anything considered living into an unstoppable
undead
killing machine...including lycans.

With this absolute power, the Wulden were able to seize control of a large section primarily of the western empire, spreading across the land like a plague, including the discovery of a secret library that Dmitri was able to uncover, one which the hunters had desperately tried and failed to defend against.

And for good reason. In it contained ancient records detailing humanity's first triumph against the beasts of the night. In times of legend, monsters were all tame. They were kept in check by a force they feared:
vampires
. These pale-skinned, red-eyed creatures of the night were themselves beasts, and yet they had kept control over all the others for one simple reason...

...Vampires were once human. And like lycans, hold the power to transform humans into more vampires. The humanity of old, before the three nations, had collectively risen up and supposedly exterminated them, and it was only then that monsters began to prey upon humanity.

Those vampires were the hunters, hidden in the mist, exterminating their competition, bouncing back from their brush with death to recuperate, multiply, and prosper. Even coming from a monster, this the hunters knew would be taken as true. Exposed, outgunned by the Wulden, and now knowing they would lack the support of the three nations yet were facing the forces of darkness...the vampires, the hunters, became desperate, and in their desperation, stole the secrets of the occult.

Though unable to harness the strength of the undead, for vampires are already considered such, they were able to modify lycanthropy such to allow themselves to be infected with it, willingly hybridizing their whole race in the process, redubbing themselves the
Nosferatu

Now on equal fighting terms with the Wulden, the Nosferatu acted quickly and took as much territory as they could, primarily from the northern tribes, as to best offer them the resources needed to fight in the upcoming war. These events happened in less than a month, and humanity immediately, desperately, bonded together, fearing their fate.

If they could be turned against their will into undead, into lycans, into vampires, into some sick hybrid of two, what could they possibly do to survive? None of them had the experience necessary. The only action available: as with their ancestors, put their differences aside and bond together, in a desperate alliance against the supernatural creatures of the unknown.

This alliance was to be focused in the strongest remaining of the three factions, the eastern kingdom, but this triggered one final change: overnight, after the signing of the Humanity Treaty, an uprising of slaves rose up. This, because those slaves were secretly undead, hidden survivors of the experiments long-since discontinued, fearing for their lives thanks to their new bad publicity.

The land now divided between humans, wulden, nosferatu, and undead, a four-way factional war is brewing...

...Yet a
fifth faction
lurks in the shadows...a faction with an entirely foreign motive, one which sparked the war in the first place.

Until recently, the residents of Agnigi had no word for hell. They've invented one:
Welcome to Gistou. Population? everyone here.
Welcome to Gistou! For those who didn't read the brochure, here's what you're in for!
The world is a dark place...
  • The first thing you'll need to know is that every player has four game-relevant attributes:
    1. Closest location they hail from; there are
      five possibilities
      :
      1. The Great Lake
      2. Divitias
      3. Erimos Range
      4. Great Ridge
      5. Other
    2. Closest nation they hail from; there are
      four possibilities
      :
      1. Northern Tribes
      2. Western Empire
      3. Eastern Kingdom
      4. Other
    3. Race; there are
      seven
      of them:
      1. Humans
      2. Vampires
      3. Lycans
      4. Undead
      5. Wulden
      6. Nosferatu
      7. Other
    4. Faction
    Your faction is your wincon
    . They are not public information.
  • There are no sample PMs. Any party who is in need of a fakeclaim has the mod-given ability for one.
  • This is a multi-factional game.
    Please pay very close attention to your win condition. Some players who you may not think are allies will be fighting for the same thing you are, and some players who you may think are fighting for the same thing you are may not actually be allies. The ambiguity inherent is meant to reflect the moral ambiguity of Gistou.
  • Loosely speaking,
    there is at least one town faction
    . They win if all threats to them are eliminated.
  • Loosely speaking,
    at least one faction is definitely a scum/mafia faction
    . They win if they control 50% of the living.
  • I offer a guarantee that, on D1, the players considered town outnumber the players considered scum.
  • Factions, loosely speaking, have general trends, sharing race, location, and nation. These traits are not, however, universal.
  • Please do note that, while this is a
    very
    flavor-heavy game, I designed it so that it cannot be broken by flavor-claiming.
  • No player is entirely vanilla!
    This is because
    every player, unless otherwise specified
    , has a
    free action
    they may perform
    in addition to
    any other action they may possess. This action is
    selected during the pregame
    (and once chosen, is locked in for the remainder of the game). Players may choose to
    check a player
    and will learn whichever fact they chose. The options are
    1. Checking what nation a player hails from
    2. Checking what location a player hails from
    This action
    counts for all role purposes
    , as a visit and can be blocked/fail. This is why the game cannot begin until
    every
    player has confirmed, both in-thread and via PM.
    • Some players have variants on this power. They are
      1. Free-checker (can choose either nation or location the entire game)
      2. Full free-checker (can choose nation, location, or race the entire game)
      3. Racial checker (can only check race)
      4. Full checker (gets
        all
        of nation, location, and race)
  • All topics this game will be open the whole game
  • Each faction, if possessing a non-human race, has a one-shot ability to recruit a human to their faction
    . Emphasis "human". This ability will fail if more than one faction attempts this on the same human. This ability does not work on all humans. Regardless of success or failure, this ability is used up once activated. (The recruiter will be informed if they fail, but not the reason why.) In short, only the unluckiest of humans will get culled. It
    can
    happen, though, so
    be cautious!
  • Oh, and one more thing...
    There is a cult faction this game
    . Be warned. Nothing is known about it.
Coming to the Large Theme Queue Soon
!

I absolutely promise you: this is not a game you'll want to miss.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Queue”