Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Ircher »

Light and Darkness Mafia

Flavor/Mechanics:
A role madness game utilizing a modified multiball mechanic. The setup will be closed. The game is not based on any source material; all flavour should be treated as original and any references or relevance to an actual source is pure coincidental.

Zanos, the world of Light and Darkness, is led by its leader, the one who possesses a fragile balance between the Light and the Darkness. The leader must be kind, brave, cunning, and powerful in order to keep Zanos at peace; without these traits, Zanos becomes a battleground as the two opposing forces, Light and Darkness, struggle for power...

Reviewed By:

Back-Up or
Co-Mod
:

Hydrae:
Will you allow hydra to sign-up?
BANNED!!!

Restrictions:
Are there restrictions for who can play your game?
  • At least
    2 finished game (Dead/Endgamed/Victorious in any game except a marathon) (Upped the RQ)
  • A good understanding of how roles work. (Role Madness game)
  • Wisdom of the Mod (I'm not taking combinations of people who are bound to fight)
  • Activeness (Seriously, if you sign-up, you better be active.)
Public Knowledge
  • This game has at least 3 factions (including possibly self-aligned players). In addition, there is *NO* "Happily Ever After" or ties in this game.
  • All scum factions may or may not have daytalk. (**DO NOT ASK**)
  • All players with PTs may use them during pre-game. (Which will last approximately 48 hours and will not be cut short; all threads will be opening during this phase)
  • Scum indeed have pre-given fakeclaims. In addition, they may request another fakeclaim from me at any time.
  • The flavor is all original and not based on any source material.
  • This game is explicitly not bastard.
  • "May you let light shine and triumph over all who oppose it."
    - Light
  • "May you let the secret of darkness spread and triumph over all who oppose it."
    - Darkness

This game is explicitly multiball!
CURRENTLY IN Mini Theme signups!

Last edited by Ircher on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:13 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Princess Bride Mafia

Heroes. Giants. Villains. Wizards. True Love. - Not just your basic, average, everyday, ordinary, run-of-the-mill, scum game.

This is a 12-person mini game.
There are 6 pre-in spots.
There are
NO
available pre-ins left!
Last edited by KuroiXHF on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1001, KuroiXHF wrote:
Princess Bride Mafia

Heroes. Giants. Villains. Wizards. True Love. - Not just your basic, average, everyday, ordinary, run-of-the-mill, scum game.

There is
available pre-in left.
My god yes!
/prein

I'm also limiting my games though, so I'm going to have to
Rescind my prein
from the Presidential Candidates one.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:09 am

Post by Aristophanes »

^ that was supposed to be a PM...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:33 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

MAGICAL☆GIRLS☆UPICK

(Not to be confused with Pretty Cure Mafia just because of the image)

13-players UPick coming to mini theme eventually!

QnA
Q1. MAHOU SHOUJO I WANNA PRE-IN NOW PLSSSSSSSSSS

A1. Sorry man, I'm all out of pre-ins. However, I can send you a PM when the game is in sign-up.

Q2. So what's this special mechanics you mentioned about?

A2. I'm glad you asked.
  • Transformation!
    • All players will start as non-transformed version of the character they chose. A girl can only transform during the night but they can transform up to two times without suffering a penalty. Getting too many penalties will not end up good for your team. Transforming costs a magic gauge explained below. Only a transformed girl will be able to use her power and at the end of the night, there will be a public message about how many girls have transformed during the night.
  • Gauge of magic
    • At the start of each night the gauge of magic is refilled and can support up to half of the alive players+1 transformations. If more transform than what the gauge can support occurs during the night, the gauge will overheat and no players will be able to transform the following night. Evil transformation will cost only half of the transformation.
Q3. What's the criteria of the "magical girls?"

A3. Here we go.
  1. The character must be able to transform.
    • Come on man, that's like, the basis of magical girl. That's what separates the magical girl from a witch. And no not the Otto Pon whoever that one of the girl corrupts into kind of witch. The magic using ladies witch. Magical girls are to be admired upon, witches should burn with a stake.
  2. The character must be able to gain power upon transformation.
    • That means, no, Robby Rotton, despite the awesome "transformation" with costume, can not be a magical girl.
  3. Must be a girl.
    • Man this is given. I know how wild y'all can be, but no, power ranger red is not a magical girl.
      *Characters from "Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka" are, however, accepted.
  4. Must be a "human".
    • I put the quotation marks here because Sailor Moon is not actually a human but close enough. Someone like Nyaruko, no. She looks like a girl, she can transform, she fights evil, but she's a nyanfkvowhcjaj of whatever cthulhu legend monster thing.

Q4. I want to play this game but I have no idea about magical girls. Can you give me a recommendation?

A4. See the image above.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Eleven »

This is a 18p large theme modded by Faraday and KittyMo. Its approximate start date is mid-to-late July. So let's say 2-3 weeks from now.

Up to 8 more players are welcome to pre-in. Pre-in now now to relive your childhood! Wisdom of the Mod is in effect but player feedback is welcome.

Pre-ins already:
Katsuki
hiplop
A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

/in to replace for Kids TV Characters Mafia!!
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:11 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 1002, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1001, KuroiXHF wrote:
Princess Bride Mafia

Whooooo!
There is
available pre-in left.
My god yes!
/prein

I'm also limiting my games though, so I'm going to have to
Rescind my prein
from the Presidential Candidates one.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:12 am

Post by shaddowez »

^I put a very excited "Whoooo!" that didn't come across because I'm dumb
V/LA on Weekends
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Radja »

Game Name: The Walking Dead, Season 1 Finale
Game Type: closed
Game Size: 18p

Optional Caption/Description of Game upon announcement:
The first season has ended. This game will feature characters from all Season 1 episodes. Needless to say it will be epic
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Marquis »

link in bio
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I know that I've been talking about doing a FFT game or a Mike Tyson Game or even some other things, but I think a return to form is in order.
B-sides, Season 3 is going to be over in a few weeks and it's actually season 2, they just called it 'season 3' to make more money on itunes, etc.
I'm currently designing the setup with what I have on-hand, expect it to be done with review a few weeks after the season 3 finale.
The game is going to be a large, 21 (perhaps 25) player setup. Mechanics from the previous games will be returning for this one. Non-Bastard.
Bloodborne (and Space Dandy II) both taught me that I should focus on less public mechanics and more focused private mechanics.
I've learned a lot about creating a succinct role madness game that's still very flavorful and involved.
I hope that you will enjoy this game more than any I've run before.
I am willing to accept pre-ins this early in, but please understand the game is not near being complete yet.
If you still don't know what I'm talking about, I guess an image may help...

It's Steven Universe Season 2 Mafia, guys.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Queen of Hearts

Beyond any map's outer edges,
Behind rows of manicured hedges,

Stands the mighty castle of Hearts
Guarded by its Queen and her guards

A dangerous plot has been hatched
Vengeful group has been dispatched

To take back what was never hers
To take back what was always theirs

But until they find the right way
Red magic will keep them at bay

My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Bold Vote Scientist »

Welcome to the Shadowrun Mafia. This game is about a war between the Shadowrunners attempting to overtake, Aztechnology. Aztechnology has run Lousiana's economic sphere and used the populace to engage in economic war, not caring about the human lives or the cost. There is no corporate accountability for executives, nor is there any ever expected. A few signs of an uprising have started to appear, such as graffiti encouraging fighting Azzis, have started to appear on Aztechnology buildings. Seizing upon this trend of populist uprising, a silent bidder (Mr. Johnson) has sent out a call for the best and brightest shadowrunners (runners for short) to try and take out Aztechnology. Mr. Johnson has sent a figurehead to deal with a randomly selected runner to give them the available missions in the landscape. To take down Aztechnology, the runners must bypass Lone Star. Lone Star, while technically a private entity, are a crew of bodyguards to the highest bidders. This makes Lone Star corporate police.

Given this is a game based on Shadowrun, there are a few mechanics that players should be aware of.
  • Smalltown Mafia with a draft - All the flavor names and partial role mechanics will be revealed and selected from at the start at the pregame. Certain roles are determined to be scum. Players will receive their full role after drafting.
  • Runs - Runners can go onto missions to generate rewards. The crews are assembled by the Party Leader and have 3-5 runners. The rewards are predetermined. Runs can be failed.
  • Who goes on adventure? - There are limiting mechanics in place to ensure that the same players don't adventure repeatedly.
  • Mr. Johnson and the Party Leader - Mr. Johnson is controlled by game mechanics. Mr. Johnson selects the Party Leader. The same player cannot be the Party Leader two days in a row. The Party Leader can be nightkilled or lynched normally. Being Party Leader offers no protection from death. There may or may not be other restrictions on Mr. Johnson.
  • Role of Chance - Adventures are run by rolling 6 sided dies to perform specific tasks, just like Shadowrun. Players may impact the chances for each side to win a run. This setup will also be somewhat swingy.
  • Neighborhoods - This is a very neighborhood heavy game. If you don't like neighborhoods, this is not the game for you.
  • Pre-Ins are accepted now. Please PM Schrodinger's Mislynch. Do not PM Titus or Varsoon. We'd like to keep track of the pre-ins. This helps.
  • Game is in signups now.
Last edited by Bold Vote Scientist on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In fact, the mere act of lynching the Hydra will determine the alignment of the Hydra, although in this case there were three determinate states the Hydra could be in: these being Town, Scum, and Bloody Furious.
[Hydra of Titus and Varsoon]
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:05 pm

Post by zakk »

c o m i n g s o o n . . .

S T R A N G E R T H I N G S M A F I A

w r i t t e n a n d d i r e c t e d b y z a k k

n o w a c c e p t i n g p r e - i n s
permanently retired

see here for more info
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Green Day UPick

Send in 3 Green Day songs with your /in or pre-/in.
Covers (either of a Green Day song or Green Day doing someone else's song) are acceptable choices.
Here's a list to help you out.
Role Madness, 9 players, 2v7
Hydras allowed

PM me to pre-/in. ^_^
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by Nexus »

Nexus presents:
Final Fantasy IX Mafia

Using flavour from objectively the best Final Fantasy game, there will be fun.

13 players.
Will be reviewed.
Pre ins welcome.
No cults. No bastard modding. No jesters. No lynchers.
I will be selective in who I let in. If you have ever flaked from one of my games, or I just plain don't like you, you're not getting in.

Coming soon.[/center]
Trans rights are human rights.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

"Reimu put her hand on her chin. 'This is... an incident'."

Few months have passed since the fall of Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Since then, Gensokyo was in peace yet again. For the first few weeks, the shrine maiden has kept her watchful eyes upon the land in attempt to find any clues about this so-called incident, but was left with no clues let alone perpetrators and answers. So, in order to keep herself not too stressed, she decided to let the matter dropped for now.

Fall has passed, and winter soon approached. And after the cold winter, the spring... has not arrived. More months has passed and now it was May. Still no sign of spring. Wait, haven't this happened before? The shrine maiden quickly got off from her warm kotatsu and checked outside of the shrine. Petals. Beautiful, cherry blossom petals. This definitely has happened before. It was kinda strange, though. Normally, a certain ordinary magician would pay her a visit when something like this happened. Maybe she felt too lazy and cold to step outside at this weather.

And then she remembered. The fall of SDM. There was definitely a scarlet mist. Just like last time. Why haven't she realized that then? She certainly hasn't realized this until now. This was indeed an incident.

The incident is left unsolved.
It is time to get to the bottom of all this, in this micro game coming to you in the near future.

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Dekes »

Babymetal mafia

A 13 player mini themed game based on japanse metal band Babymetal. There will be no bastard elements in the game. Game will hit sign-ups very soon.

PM me if you want to pre-in.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Death Note Mafia

What is the flavor?

Long story short, Death Note is a manga later turned into an anime. It centers around Light Yagami, a bored but intellectually brilliant student who comes across a "Death Note," which, if you write someone's name, that person will die. Light soon embarks on a mission to use the Death Note, under the pseudonym Kira, to cleanse the world of evil and serve as that world's God.

His obstacle exists in a world-class and international private detective known simply as L. The Japanese government assists L in their mission to find out who Kira is. The main part of the plot exists in a cat and mouse type of interaction where Light tries to learn the identity of L's real name, and L tries to find concrete evidence that Light really is Kira.

Learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

Okay. I know what Death Note is. Well tell me about this game!

I don't want to give away all the details, but what I will tell you is that this game is a twenty-one (21) themed-player game to be held in the Theme Park.

I'm OK with not knowing all the details, but I got to know something. This game isn't bastard, is it?

Probably
not. It's not fully setup yet (I'm doing that now!), but I don't foresee this game being bastard. This game is about 95% likely to
not
be bastard.

Can I sign up as a hydra?

Yes, but... To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of hydras larger than two heads.
For this game, no more than five hydras at two heads maximum per hydra.

Cool! Anything else I should know?

Yes! A few things actually:
- This game will actually not start signups until the beginning to mid-September. This is currently because I'm modding a few games as well as co-modding another large game. I will also need to go through all the steps to make sure this game will be fully tested by all reviewers.
- Yes, we all know about Wisdom's avatar being L. No, he won't automatically be L. Every role (which may or may not include L to begin with) will be fully randomized.
- I will allow up to TEN pre-ins (three left!), but remember that the game may not start until as late as early/mid-September. If you foresee this being an issue, please don't join until it's in sign ups or PM me if you want to talk about it.

I have a question that's not explained here.

I can't predict all the questions you may have. Please PM me, and I'll update this as necessary.

“This world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die. Someone has to do it, so why not me?”
Last edited by KuroiXHF on Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Akame Ga Kill Mafia

Game main design : Yume
Moderator : Akame and Kurome (hydra of Jeanne11 and Frozen Angel)
Reviewers : Frozen Angel and SoraAdvent

Role Madness ; Not Bastard ; 13 Player Mini Themed Game

The game is confirmed Single ball

Spoiler: What to expect
A unique game with unique powerful roles that you can't see verily being used!

Vote counts whenever I was awake - a new page was reached or after each 24 hours :]

Strict activity rules - I will try my best to keep my games active.

A game designed - to hopefully - being fun :]
Last edited by Frozen Angel on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:31 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Coming
Eventually
Soon to the Theme Park...

TIMESHIFT MAFIA III

A game for 17 players centered around the Timeshifted mechanic.

Getting reviews and stuff sorted currently, looking to get this show on the road probably late September. No pre-ins yet but PM me and I'll send you a PM when we enter signups.[/align][/color]
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Steven Universe Season 2 Mafia is currently in Signups!

WHAT IS 'STEVEN UNIVERSE'?
Spoiler:
For thousands of years, our Earth has been under the protection of an elite group of magical warriors known as the Crystal Gems. There was once a time that intergalactic war threatened to destroy the planet we call home. Nowadays, such perils seem like fiction, but for the remaining Crystal Gems and a young boy named Steven, these age-old threats loom ever closer.

Steven Universe is a 2013 American animated cartoon series that chronicles the ongoing struggle of Earth's defenders, a small group of magical alien women known as the Crystal Gems. While the show does include an ongoing plot that involves the fate of the universe, the focus of Steven Universe is on the day-to-day trials that the youngest Crystal Gem, Steven, must overcome. The show's colorful visual style and strong musical focus help to make Steven Universe stand out as one of the most beautiful animated shows of the decade. Despite being a cartoon aimed at a teenage market, Steven Universe maturely navigates themes of responsibility, depression, abuse, love, and conflicts on a scale from internal to galactic.

The goal of this Mafia game is to reproduce the delightful color of the world of Steven Universe while rendering both its lighter and darker themes into mafia mechanics that feel fulfilling. As of writing this, Season 3 of Steven Universe has finished airing--I hope to encapsulate the events of Season 2 and 3 within this game, as I see the two seasons as strong a pair as the previous halves of Season 1 were. I will be revisiting mechanics featured in my previous Steven Universe games, although there will be more focus on creating a succinct, fun game for everyone to enjoy. My goal for this game is to create a set of public mechanics that are simple to navigate, yet allow for strong role diversity and fun, engaged, rhetorically-focused play. I have a lot of love for the source material--I hope that my passion translates to this game and allows for players to engage in both the flavor and the game of mafia as a unified experience.

WHAT IS A 'VARSOON GAME'? WHAT SORT OF GAME SHOULD I EXPECT HERE?
Spoiler:
Steven Universe Mafia II will be a 25 player Large Theme featuring a handful of unique public mechanics that focus heavily in rhetorical engagement and flavor payoff. My previous game, Bloodborne Mafia, was a striking disappointment for me, largely due to how the over-complex mechanics were handled. I am hoping to create a set of mechanics in this game that are more concise and fun to engage with for everyone involved.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run. Do not expect many, if any, 'vanilla' roles here.

'Varsoon Games' are typically characterized by heavy flavor, high quality moderation, and unpredictable yet satisfying mechanics. I am very cognizant of my moderator meta and I constantly keep even seasoned fans on their toes. I have achieved a Master's Degree in writing Fiction; I enjoy writing involved flavor that reflects the sensibilities of players and the game state while not revealing anything that would give a mechanical advantage. I also take Mafia very seriously; I spend over 8 hours a day with access to the site, always with a tab open, refreshing my games, re-reading them, and so on--even when I worked full time and went to college, I accomplished this endeavor. For me, Mafia is a labor of love and a full-time job. I want to deliver the quality experience that I came to love on this site. My games, hopefully, represent that.

As far as moderation goes, I see online Mafia moderation the same way I do moderating a face-to-face game with my friends. I am here to ensure all of my friends and guests have a fun time playing a game we all enjoy. That said, Mafia does get intense. Mafia is psychological. Mafia can feature very aggressive rhetoric. We lynch people here. I love those aspects of the game, and I want them to be in a game, although they will always run risk of ruining the experience for some players. I am far less draconic in my moderation than other moderators. I will always err on the side of the player. That said, I have no patience for players who do break the rules. Do not play my game if you are habitually in trouble with moderators and other players. I'll do everything I can to keep you in-game and having a fun time, but if you cross the line and it's clear you intentionally broke a rule, I will have no mercy in my judgment.

I do not enforce Blacklists, Wisdom of the Crowds, Wisdom of the One, or any similar requests to prohibit players from playing. The only players not welcome in my games are banned players. Do not ask me to prohibit a player from joining for personal reasons; I will never do so unless they currently have a ban or restriction. Everyone is welcome at my table. If you have a personal problem with a player, come to a happy agreement with them before creating drama in my signup thread or in my game. If you absolutely can't play with someone else, do not sign up for a game of mine if they are in the player list. If you do, I will allow you in, but don't think I'm going to shunt the other player because of your personal issues. I want everyone to get together and have fun here. I fully support even bitter rivals playing at the same table and learning to overcome their own differences in order to have fun with something we all enjoy.

PUBLIC MECHANICS APPEARING IN STEVEN UNIVERSE MAFIA II:

"OKAY, I'M READY FOR THIS EPISODE TO END"
Spoiler:
The day phase will be referred to as the 'Exposition' phase.
The night phase will be referred to as the 'Climax' phase.
Each pair of Exposition and Climax phases are referred to as an 'Episode'.
Each fourth Episode is a special episode called a 'Season Finale'.

Each role will have access to unique, flavor-heavy 'Episode Events' that they can anonymously trigger in order to influence the Exposition of any given episode. Notably, each scum role will have a town-flavored event that they can trigger.
The Scum team will have factional Episode Events that will flavor and influence the Climax of each episode.
Episode Events will be denoted on rolecards with the following information;
-You will be told when you can activate your event or if it has a delayed activation.
-You will be told the priority of your event. In the instance that multiple Episode Events are triggered, only the highest priority Event happens.
--That said, some events will have a 'zero' priority, meaning they can always be triggered and will always take place and do not keep other Events from happening.
-You will be told the requirements for your event to be triggered.

Season Finales will allow for bigger, more influential events.
Nearly every role and mechanic of the game is more powerful during a Season Finale.

As a final note, all scum have guaranteed safe-claims and roles that fit the flavor of these fake-claims. Do not try to flavor-game this setup.
Scum all have had their flavor and roles finished before I crafted any of the town roles--I have built this setup around scum having effective, believable safe-claims.
Flavor-claims are not anywhere near the sort of town-clear that you might expect from other games.
Furthermore, I have given scum measures to punish players who are attempting to flavor-game the setup. Claim flavor at your own risk.
We are here to play mafia rendered under the flavor of Steven Universe--I will have no pity for anyone who takes the flavor as a means to attempt to outguess the moderator.

"I AM THEIR FURY, I AM THEIR PATIENCE; I AM A CONVERSATION"
Spoiler:
During each Climax phase, a player may submit (to the mod) the name of any one other player that they wish to form an Alliance with.
If two players pick each other in this fashion, they begin the next Episode in an Alliance.
Alliances grant an Exposition-chat only neighborhood between all members of the Alliance.
Furthermore, many roles will also gain unique abilities due to being in an Alliance.
If you ever end up in a different alliance, your previous one will end.
If your allied partner is killed or lynched, you will still retain the benefits of being in an Alliance for the remainder of the Episode.

During a Season Finale, Allied players can chat in their neighborhoods during the Climax phase.
During a Season Finale, players may submit an extra player to be allied with, allowing for three-player Alliances.

Allying with other players will always resolve independent of all other abilities.
Unless otherwise stated, no ability will normally interact with each player's ability to Ally.
There are mechanics in this game which directly influence Alliances, including abilities that may allow a player to access Alliance PTs they are not a part of.

"THE ABYSS IS NO SUNDAY SWAN RIDE"
Spoiler:
Throughout the entirety of the game, a 'Stress Meter' will be posted and updated with each votecount.
The Stress Meter can fluctuate between 'Slice of Life' and 'Tragic Destiny.'
The Stress Meter begins the game in the direct middle of each of these categories. It can progress to +4 or -4 Stress.
At +4 Stress, or 'Tragic Destiny,' all players require one extra vote to lynch (except in LYLO) and all protective actions always succeed.
At -4 Stress, or 'Slice of Life,' all town players will require one less vote to lynch (except in LYLO) and all scum-sided actions will always succeed.
Many abilities will require the Stress meter to be at or above a certain mark in order to be used.

If a town player dies, the stress meter moves 1 rank towards 'Tragic Destiny.'
If a scum player dies, the stress meter moves 2 ranks towards 'Slice of Life.'

Generally, anti-town Episode Events and outcomes will move the stress meter towards 'Tragic Destiny.'
Pro-town Episode Events and outcomes will move the stress meter towards 'Slice of Life'.
This works to balance the swing of the setup, but also reflects the atmospheric ebb and flow of the show.
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:05 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Cowboy Bebop Mafia

See you space cowboy ...

ok just as i thought you must know whats with the delay : I'm currently commoding another large so this might wait till then :] Prein's are welcome!
Last edited by Frozen Angel on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Jeanne's Anime Mayhem, soon to be in Large Theme Queue. Characters from anime below inbound.
Anime to be:
- 07 Ghost
- Anohana
- hack.Sign
- Higurashi
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Mayoiga
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Death Note
- Shion no Ou
- Fairy Tail
- Steins; Gate
- Ao no Kanata Four Rhythm

Possible additions (depending on how it goes)
- Baccano
- Akame ga Kill

Please pre-in. Also, I need a reviewer, so whoever is interested PM me.
Pre-in number: 0/15
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

The Thing Mafia

A 21- player Smalltown Large Theme, created by SirCakez with help from Varsoon and zakk!

Mechanics

You see, what we're talkin' about here is an organism that imitates other life-forms, and it imitates 'em perfectly.

Spoiler:
All of the roles in this game are public, and are listed in the OP. However, alignments are not. 16 players will be Humans and 5 will be Things, the scum of this game. There is a drafting process to determine who gets which role, described below.

At the beginning of the game, before the role draft, alignments will be randomly determined, then sent out. Players will send in their numbers for the draft along with confirming their alignment.

Somebody in this camp ain't what he appears to be.

Spoiler:
Everyone in the game sends in a number after receiving their alignment. The lowest number of which there is no duplicate gets to pick first in thread, then going up through all the non-duplicates. Then all of the pairs from lowest to highest, then the trios, etc.

For example, if I get 3, 4, 3, 1000, 3, 5, 5

The draft order would go
4, 1000, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3
with the order of the people inside the duplicates being determined by whoever sent in their number first.

It needs to be alone and in close proximity with the life-form to be absorbed.

Spoiler:
After the lynch each day, but before night, there is a 24-hour phase called the Room Phase. During this time every player has the chance to send in the top three rooms they'd like to go to by PMing me.

At nighttime, there will be a PT created for every room in the game for players to discuss inside of. Various roles also interact with the rooms, this is described inside the respective rolecards.
A maximum of 1/3 of the living players may go to the same room. If there are more then that, the overflow will be send to the next room on their top three. If a player does not pick a room, they will be sent to the first unoccupied room on the list. If every room in a player's top three is filled, then they will go the first room on the room list that has a spot.

My God, what was happening to him?

Spoiler:
Scum have confirmed daychat.
As well, scum have 4 1-shot abilities that can be used factionally, but only under specific circumstances.

A 1-shot Strongman that may only be used on someone in the same room as the scum performing the kill that night
A 1-shot Ninja that may only be used on someone in the same room as the scum performing the kill that night
A 1-shot Roleblock that may only be used on someone in the same room as the scum performing the roleblock that night
A 1-shot Commute that may only be used if the scum using it is alone in a room

Pre-in today and experience the paranoia firsthand!
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Queue”