Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Parama »

Bloodbath in Camden

A Large Theme for 16 Players

Times were always tough in Camden, NJ. Crime was high, money was low, and nobody was ever satisfied. Crime wars weren’t an uncommon sight, and there was usually a new victim each night. However, times have never been as bad as they are now.
Just hours ago, the mayor was shot and killed by one of the most notorious gangs in the city. The city immediately erupted into anarchy, and riots formed in the streets. Within an hour, hundreds lay dead. It took the police that long to arrive at the scene, and when they did, they weren’t much help. The only thing they accomplished was causing the gang members to flee, but everyone knew they would be back. 16 men stood gathered to defend their city from the chaos, but each and everyone knew that there were traitors among them, and none would rest until they were found.

This game features a special mechanic which will not be disclosed at any point during the game. It’s not a bastard mod game but you may as well consider it one. Days last 96 hours, and nights last 48. Do not join if you don’t have time to play.

Note: It's currently in sign-ups but I'm posting here to hopefully speed up the time it takes to fill, because it's going rather slow at the moment.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Tasky »

!!
T
i
m
e
T
r
a
v
e
l
M
a
f
i
a

Game Type:
Mini Theme, non-bastard

Number of Players:

Number of accepted pre-/ins:

Requirements:
Experience with non-normal game mechanics.

The Setup:
Mafia vs. Town (no third party or second scumgroup)

The idea:
At least some roles have Time Machines of various strength at their disposal allowing them to perform actions in the past or in the future.

The twist:
Each action perfomed in another time has consequences. This leads to other possible timelines where for instance dead players might be living again.

Warning:
This game will contain unusual lynch mechanics and quite complex action-resolution due to the time-travelling.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

The Fall of the Matrix

The war has raged on for years, battle between man and machine taking tolls on both sides. Finally, numbers got so low that the Matrix only had a small number of humans still plugged into its system. At the same time, however, sentinels were closing in on a much weakened Zion, the residents of which could barely sustain themselves, much less defend against another wave of attacks. Thus, it was once again up to Morpheus and his crew to stage a desperate counter-attack to stop the machines. Finally, they found a solution: despite their reluctance to do so, they realized their best chance was to free or kill off the remaining humans powering the Matrix all at once. With the Matrix already weakened, it could only support a small number of programs to oppose them. The crew gathered as many as they could in one place to give them the choice, but the machines managed to sneak in a few programs along the way. Now Morpheus and the others need to find the hidden programs and eliminate them before it's too late!

New Mechanic:
Helios

The new mechanic, Helios, affects the length of each day, and the deadlines will change according to this mechanic. The specifics will be revealed at game start, but be prepared for a fast-paced game reflecting the desperate times found in this scenario. For this particular game, deadlines may range from three weeks to as low as 5-7 days. However, we will not be looking at a "Marathon"-type game, so don't worry about being that rushed.

Signups:

I will be accepting pre-/ins by pm, but keep in mind that all potential players must have completed at least two games to play in this one. I reserve the right to ban any player without warning, if I feel they will be detrimental to the game in some manner.
Permanent V/LA.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Dr Who Mafia: Return of the Time lords - Coming Soon

Players:13
Requirement: 2 Mafia scum games
Characters: From the Dr Who Universe including Torchwood

Story: The Time War destroyed Gallifrey and the time lords were presumed dead. The Doctor was the last of his kind in the Universe, but danger still lurks behind every corner and The Doctor must rush to save the universe with the help of his companions. However the time lords have once again risen to create a new Gallifrey.. But can you trust them?

Accepted Pre-Ins: 4
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

/confirm my pre-in.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:46 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

RU
BIK
'S C
UBE
MA
FIA

Flavour:
Each player is a cubie. Some are mafia cubies, some are town cubies... get rid of the mafia cubies before they outnumber the town ones!

Mechanics:
During day each player can vote players and make moves. A player is forced to submit a move whenever he VOTES, until he has used at least 3 moves. After that, he can vote without moving. He is free to move without voting at anytime. However, he CANNOT move MORE than 6 times in a single day. The pattern of teh cube at end day will influence the night abilities, according to what I will write in the role-PMs.
The game features not cults and no jesters!

When:
game is currently half way up the mini-theme list. It was pre-reviewed by CryMeARiver
, who is also the back-up mod.

Who:
you need to know how to use a Rubik's cube to join this game. You don't need to be a speedcuber, but you have to know what you are doing.

How Many:
Game is for 11 players.
I am taking 4 pre-ins
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Dekes »

"The Cylons were created by man. They rebelled. They evolved. They look and feel human. Some are programmed to think they are human. There are many copies. And they have a plan."

Battlestar Galactica Mafia

Mod: Dekes
Co-mod: Starbuck

Players: 13

No bastard mechanics. No jesters. No cults.

Requirements:

- One completed non-Newbie Game
- Not on my or Starbuck's personal blacklist

6 /pre-in's are available. PM me now to secure your spot. Game is going into sign-ups soon.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Vi »

Mafia MetaMafia

Cue mood music.

In the beginning, there was mith. ...Well, that's not exactly true, there were a bunch of gods like mith. But he was the one who created our world. After him, generations of scummers were born on our site. Some became angels as they died, ascending to the many levels of heaven and into our mythos. Others were bent on corrupting mith's world and were thus cast out, left as devils to try to destroy the site from places unseen. But many were invoked by those who came afterward in hopes of inheriting their power and wisdom...

It is these descendants, fueled by scummers past, who now wish to claim dominion over the site as they know it. While most of the time this is done with a shouting contest and ritual ostracization, this time a few people - no, less than people, but
T
I
G
E
R
S
- are finally willing to take over the site by force. They MUST be eliminated, or there will no longer be a site to vie to control.

mafiascum.net is on the verge of war.
The stakes... COULD be higher, but only to people who aren't addicted to the site.
There is no turning back, for this should be very interesting to watch if nothing else.

Signing Up:

*There are 23 player slots (that you know of).
*Because this game is about scummers (i.e. it's unique to mafiascum.net),
I simply cannot accept players who have not been on this site since at least Jan 01 2011 regardless of offsite experience.
I may make exceptions for people who can prove that they have lurked for months and know who important people are.
*I also require IC status - that means five games completed and nobody will loudly complain if you join the game. If you meet the five-months requirement, you probably meet this.
*I also require you to not be hated by me. If I hate you, you probably already know it.

Flavor:
(because I'm sure at least one person is concerned)
*This game is rated H for 62 Hamsters. That means that I have exercised my prerogative to be candid in my depictions of past and present scummers and will continue to do so.
*However, all flavor is done in good faith. Nothing about this game is intended to libel or defame the people and personalities depicted. This game has been passed through an small army of upstanding moderators and mafiascum citizens, none of whom complained.
*I nonetheless take responsibility for any issues people may have and will address them postgame.
*Seriously, this game won a "what should I run next" poll. You asked for this.

Setup:

*I am the moderator of this game. That should answer most of your questions about how complex this game could get (and replace those questions with worries).
*This setup uses a modified version of the mechanics for SpyreX's POWERFUL WIZARD 2, which is still in the latter stages of design. But that uses a modified version of the mechanics from POWERFUL WIZARD MAFIA. This is a snip from the rules.
--Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:
Battery-Powered Deadlines.
With each vote count I will tell you what percentage of the Day remains. That percentage will decrease according to a number of factors, the most important one being genuine activity. When the percentage reaches 0%, the deadline falls and the Day ends. The average deadline is 9 days per game Day.
Alignment (not Allegiance).
Each role comes marked as one of the nine D&D alignments (Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic x Good, Neutral, Evil). This probably has some ingame significance.
Defining Traits.
Each role is aligned with at least one Domain. These Domains are described in the next post. Domains will be removed from the game if no living roles are aligned with them.
POWERFUL WIZARDRY.
At Night, players may elect to use any power roles they may have, OR they may choose to Worship a Domain, OR they may wait to Cast using the Faith they would get from having their Domains Worshipped. Power roles in this game are like normal power roles in any other game - if you have one, you would know. Players who choose to Cast should send in a "wish list" of Casts, of which I can mark you down as using the first one that is available to you that Night.

Here is an example of the mechanic using a Sample Role PM featuring someone who is not in this continuity.
~NAME~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Rinnosuke Morichka
DOMAINS:
Austerity
Balance

ALIGNMENT:
Neutral Good
ALLEGIANCE:
Town

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Passive)
WHAT IS A MAN
- You will investigate as Mafia to allegiance investigations.
(Active)
Role Cop
- You will discern target player's Role.
(Worship)
Worship
- You will empower target Domain.
(Cast)
Cast
- You may use one of your Casts, provided you have enough Faith.

--Casts:
1)
Conference
- Target player will be Neighborized with you during the next Night.
2)
Vendor
- Target player will receive your choice of the following abilities: {Doctor, Tracker, Role Cop}
4)
Appraisal
- You will discern target player's list of Casts.
7)
Unleash MANLINESS
- You will become unlynchable for the next Day, NK-immune for the next Night, and have a daykill available during the next Day.

You win when it is no longer possible to prevent your faction from being the only one left in the game.

Confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.
Each Night, this player has the option of doing exactly ONE of:
*using Role Cop on a player
*Worshipping the Domain of his choice
*Attempting to Cast a spell, although if none of the other players Worship
Austerity
or
Balance
, there will be nothing available TO Cast.
*I reserve the right to flavor up the Role PMs between now and when this game is run. The Sample Role PM will change accordingly if that happens.
*As mentioned above, Days will last an indeterminate amount of time (aiming around 9 days). As I will try my best to provide flavor for this game and there is a bit of background work to be done, Nights will last 3 days each but might take a little longer.

Etc.

*This game, due to my own time constraints and due to the Large Theme mod queue, will probably not run for a couple of weeks yet.
*These players have, at the time I'm
posting
editing, already gone pre-/in. There are no more pre-/in slots available.
**Faraday
**Gammagooey
**hitogoroshi
**Equinox
**Plum
**RayFrost
**Parama
**Sotty7
**ooba
**Debonair Danny DiPietro
**VP Baltar
**MagnaofIllusion
Last edited by Vi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 am

Post by ooba »

Vi wrote:
Mafia MetaMafia
Can I pre-in?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by mothrax »

Hi, my name is Chuck and here are some things you might have missedThe party was going well. At least everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves. Chuck, however, was not really in much of a party mood. It just showed how little the CIA knew about him, throwing him an anniversiary party. Today marked one year since he had recieved an e-mail from Bryce Larkin of all people. One year since his life had changed forever.
At least he had met some awesome people, Chuck mused to himself as his eyes landed on Sarah. Agent Sarah Walker. She was everything he had ever dreamed of... beautiful, caring, intelligent... deadly... As Chuck lost himself in his reverie, a buzzing sound eminated from the lights above him. The next thing he knew, it was pitch black and there was a low laugh echoing throughout the room. That was the last thing Chuck remembered before he blacked out.

Chuck awoke blindfolded and stuck to a chair. He tried to move but it was imossible. The mechanical cuffs that had him attached were unforgiving. He could hear the tell tale groans of other people waking up...
"Wha...who...why are you doing this? Whats going on?"

Want to know the answer to Chuck's questions?
Join
Chuck Season 1

A mini-theme for thirteen players based on the NBC show Chuck

Moderator:
mothrax
Back up Mod:
xRECKONERx
Mod Notes

I require two completed non-newbie games to sign up.
Flavor knowledge is not necessary, but will probably increase enjoyment.
As I type this there are 5 pre-in slots left.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Faraday »

ooba wrote:
Vi wrote:
Mafia MetaMafia
Can I pre-in?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Coming this summer, semi-large game by Kinetic. (15-19 players).

Game will likely enter the queue sometime near the end of May.

The game will be an Old Republic themed Star Wars games. As with my other Theme Games I'll be using the setting as my own, and will not actually use characters from the games.

Max Pre-Ins at 5, so if you want to pre-in, send it to me now.

Also looking for a co-mod.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Mass Effect Mafia
, presented by
ReaperCharlie
esuriospiritus
, and
Umbrage

Players:
14 players
Moderators:
ReaperCharlie, esuriospiritus
Apprentice Moderator:
Umbrage
Reviewed by:
Empking

Game Prerequisites:

-
Sufficient knowledge of the MEverse

- Three or more completed theme games
- Experience with non-Normal mechanics
- Good references from past moderators
- Sufficient activity levels in past games
- Being "on my good side" in general
- Special cases may be accepted; ask.

Pre-/ins are being accepted now.

Just add yourself on the wiki page.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Slaxx »

00s Band Mafia

Flavor: Play as your favorite bands from the 00s! Although the setup will focus more towards rock groups, expect to see other influential artists of the 2000s in the mix as well. This is a sequel to 90s Band Mafia, a minitheme game with the same general idea.

About The Mod: I have run 3 successful games in the past and people have generally approved of my modding.

What You Need: You either need 3 games under your belt, my specific approval, or to have participated in 90s band mafia.

Keeping this simple. PM me to pre /in!
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Ever wanted to play two games at once? Have two roles at once, and have the power to change it?

Play as either BLACK or WHITE in this semi-open 13-player Mini Theme game! Potentially switch between roles, or even alignments! Become the MONOCHROMIST and switch the game to your or someone else's liking! Every morning, select a MONOCHROMIST by majority vote and watch as they control space-time as you know it!

Mechanics:
-Vote for the Monochromist during the Pre-day and Post-night Morning phase. Once every 6 hours, the Monochromist may change the color of the game, changing all of the roles to the opposite color's roles (and may create a few surprises).
-Play as two roles (depending on game color), but achieve one win condition! The game ends when a win condition has been met, regardless of color.
-Reach a whole new simple yet strategic level that you have not experienced before in a game of mafia!

Moderator: DemonHybrid
Back-Up Moderator: xRECKONERx

My experience:
Mariposa Peak Mafia (12 man Mini Normal)
demonhybrids mafia game of fun amazingness for real (12 man Open C9++)
Mafia on Werewolf Island! (24 man Large Normal, ongoing)

I require at least two game of on-site experience for this game because of the new mechanics.

Accepting pre-ins.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

It was just another Pritchett-Delgado-Dunphy-Tucker family dinner. Everyone, gathered together, eating as a family. Alex tortured her younger brother, Luke; Claire continued trying to keep Phil's attention off of Gloria's voluptuous breasts; Dylan and Hayley sat far too close together for anyone's comfort; Cameron and Mitchell bored their friend Pepper with photos and stories of Lilly; Manny brushed off his burgundy dinner jacket with furious fervency; and Jay watched and groaned while his ex-wife DeDe attempted to hit on Gloria's ex-husband, Javier.

Yes, this certainly was the norm for these people... until the lights cut out. A tender, womanly shriek went up in the air. When the power came back on, everyone turned to see Pepper lying on the ground, blood pooling under his body.

Pepper,
Moderator-Controlled NPC
, killed pre-game

PHIL: Don't panic! Don't... panic... eeeeeeeee I'm panicking!
CLAIRE: Cameron, grab the phone, call 911!
LUKE: Is that blood?
HAYLEY: Luke! What did you do?
LUKE: I didn't do anything!
ALEX: I always knew you were a PSYCHO.
CLAIRE: Kids, shut up... CAMERON! PHONE!
CAMERON: The line is dead!
MITCHELL: Oh my god, Pepper...
JAY: Okay, everyone just calm the hell down for a second.
GLORIA: Ai, Jay! I moved to America to get away from the murders!
MANNY: He was wearing such a nice suit, too...
JAY: Oh, for Christ's sakes.
CAMERON: No! Nobody is leaving this house!
MITCHELL: Cam, what're you--
CAMERON: It is obvious the only person that could've done this is in this room!
PHIL: One of us... IS A MURDERER? OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOOOODDDDDD
CLAIRE: Phil, honey, I need you to shut up right now.
MITCHELL: Cam... let's not do this...
CAMERON: Back home on the farm, we couldn't afford a police station, so this is how we handled all our murders!
MITCHELL: How many murders did you--
JAY: Actually y'know what? I think Cam's right! Someone in this family is a killer, and we're gonna find out who it is. Cam, lock the doors.
LUKE: Oh great. A bottle episode.

Modern Family Mafia is a 14-player setup. The character name of each player is revealed beforehand to avoid massclaim breaking the setup. This will be a basic mechanics game with vanilla roles. No swingy, PR fests. There are seven pre-in slots, so PM me to pre-in! Game will probably run sometime at the end of May.
green shirt thursdays
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

B&W Mafia Pre-ins are full until further notice (sorry). I'll update this post if spots open up.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Amrun »

Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital

MAFIA
Mafia Goon

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Doctor

TOWN
Doctors

Vanilla Townies

Special Mechanics:
~If 2 or more Doctors (including the Mafia Doctor) target the same person, that person dies.

The race for Chief of Surgery is on at Happy Sunshine Hospital. All the top doctors are gunning for the job and everyone is on edge. Recently, there has been a string of deaths at Happy Sunshine. The patients are nervous and the staff is frantic. The patients don't want to be next and the doctors don't want to be blamed for the deaths. Can the culprits be found before the hospital's reputation is compromised?

6 pre-/ins accepted (5 available). Near the bottom of the Open Queue.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Dynasty Warriors Mafia

• 20 players!
  • New Exciting Duel Mechanic!
  • Instantaneous Night!
  • BaM Ruleset!

Accepting up to 10 /pre-ins!
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Office parties can be fun on occasion. I mean, let's be honest, how often are you actually friends with the people you meet at work? Hint: not often, not going to lie. But, sometimes, the planning or watching your coworkers do stupid stuff as a part of this planning...you know, sometimes there's a payoff. For example, white elephant gift parties. Holy crap. This can be hilarious if you do it right. It wasn't hilarious this time unfortunately.

So everyone has all their crappy gifts laid out and everyone starts picking them. And it's all going well and good until someone puts down his box to go get a drink of water. And it blows up.

Before you can say corporate espionage, we're all pointing fingers and we realize that there are murderers about us. Pretty dangerous murderers...that we need to find, or else we'll be killed, or something like that.

We're gonna need some rope.

MYSTERY BOX MAFIA

Mod:
Seraphim
Back-up Mod:
xRECKONERx
Reviewers:
Vi, Faraday, xRECKONERx
Players:

Nifty Features:

- Box mechanic! All power roles are contained in boxes. Use your box right away and get powers! Or trade your box to get a better box! In secret! or not! Your choice!
- Bankable deadlines!
- A fair amount of craziness...you have been warned. Even, possibly, a bastardly amount of craziness.

Accepting pre-ins now!
Warning: I will be dealing with sign-ups and pre-ins at my discretion...I may ask to see your game record.
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Parabollocks »

/pre-in chuck

also i know people are gonna ask me to get a avatar but i have no idea what to use.
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Haylen »

Most people choose something about their avatar, sometimes. I suggest you don't do that.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Game Name:
Tree Stump Mafia Reloaded

Theme:
Based on the original "Tree Stump Mafia" by Thok
, with new rules modifications
# of Players:

Moderator:
Mastermind of Sin

Backup Moderator:
Oman

Other notes:
- All players are required to have completed at least one Newbie game on this site
- I will be accepting pre-/ins

Game Roles:

16 people will receive the Tree PM

Town wrote:You are a Tree! Not leaping from tree to tree!

If you choose, you may commit suicide at any time during the day by posting "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree!". Doing this will kill you, reset the vote counts and keep day going. However, you will still be able to keep posting in the thread after saying this phrase (but not if lynched or nightkilled).

Otherwise, your only powers are to post, think, and vote.

You win when all Lumberjacks are dead.

Please confirm in the thread.

4 people will receive the Mafia PM

Mafia wrote:You are a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree! You are Mafia with X, Y, and Z.

Each night you may target a tree (but not a tree stump), and kill them. Trees killed this way will no longer be able to post in thread.

If you choose, you may commit suicide at any time during the day by posting "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree!". Doing this will kill you, reset the vote counts and keep day going. However, you will still be able to keep posting in the thread after saying this phrase (but not if lynched or nightkilled).

You win when there are at least as many Lumberjacks as Trees alive. Tree stumps do not count as Trees or Lumberjacks for purpose of this win condition.

You may confer with your fellow Lumberjacks during the night phase. However, tree stumps cannot communicate with living Lumberjacks.

Please confirm in the thread.

Game specific rules:

1. I will not be strict on requiring proper spelling for the Tree Stump activation phrase. Any phrase that is
reasonably close
to "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree!" will be considered an attempt to become a tree stump. [For reference, I consider "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Tree! Not leaping from tree to tree!" to not be close to the phrase.] I reserve the right to stump anyone who I believe is attempting to toe the line of similar phrases, so don't do it unless you're serious.

2. I will appreciate it if any person who is attempting to become a Tree Stump sends me a PM. This is not necessary, but it would make my life easier.

3. If you want to know how something will affect you, please send me a PM.

4. We will have a day start. There will be a
48 hour pregame
period for people to confirm/discuss some strategy/give mafia some time to talk outside the thread. No votes will be counted during this period.

5. The alignment of tree stumps will
not
be revealed. Only players who are lynched or nightkilled will have their roles revealed.

6. The town has the option of lynching any player who decides to stump. They will have a window of
48 hours
to come to a majority of votes, at which point the player will be lynched, revealing their alignment and ending the day. Any player lynched in such a manner will no longer be a tree stump. If any player decides to stump after another player becomes a tree stump, the first player will no longer be lynchable.

Example wrote:Mith decides to become a tree stump, posting the required phrase. The town now has the option of lynching him. 18 hours later, they still have not lynched him, and JEEP decides to become a tree stump as well. As soon as he posts the necessary phrasing, Mith can no longer be lynched, and the 48 hour window for lynching JEEP begins.
Permanent V/LA.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

xRECKONERx wrote:

It was just another Pritchett-Delgado-Dunphy-Tucker family dinner. Everyone, gathered together, eating as a family. Alex tortured her younger brother, Luke; Claire continued trying to keep Phil's attention off of Gloria's voluptuous breasts; Dylan and Hayley sat far too close together for anyone's comfort; Cameron and Mitchell bored their friend Pepper with photos and stories of Lilly; Manny brushed off his burgundy dinner jacket with furious fervency; and Jay watched and groaned while his ex-wife DeDe attempted to hit on Gloria's ex-husband, Javier.

Yes, this certainly was the norm for these people... until the lights cut out. A tender, womanly shriek went up in the air. When the power came back on, everyone turned to see Pepper lying on the ground, blood pooling under his body.

Pepper,
Moderator-Controlled NPC
, killed pre-game

PHIL: Don't panic! Don't... panic... eeeeeeeee I'm panicking!
CLAIRE: Cameron, grab the phone, call 911!
LUKE: Is that blood?
HAYLEY: Luke! What did you do?
LUKE: I didn't do anything!
ALEX: I always knew you were a PSYCHO.
CLAIRE: Kids, shut up... CAMERON! PHONE!
CAMERON: The line is dead!
MITCHELL: Oh my god, Pepper...
JAY: Okay, everyone just calm the hell down for a second.
GLORIA: Ai, Jay! I moved to America to get away from the murders!
MANNY: He was wearing such a nice suit, too...
JAY: Oh, for Christ's sakes.
CAMERON: No! Nobody is leaving this house!
MITCHELL: Cam, what're you--
CAMERON: It is obvious the only person that could've done this is in this room!
PHIL: One of us... IS A MURDERER? OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOOOODDDDDD
CLAIRE: Phil, honey, I need you to shut up right now.
MITCHELL: Cam... let's not do this...
CAMERON: Back home on the farm, we couldn't afford a police station, so this is how we handled all our murders!
MITCHELL: How many murders did you--
JAY: Actually y'know what? I think Cam's right! Someone in this family is a killer, and we're gonna find out who it is. Cam, lock the doors.
LUKE: Oh great. A bottle episode.

Modern Family Mafia is a 14-player setup. The character name of each player is revealed beforehand to avoid massclaim breaking the setup. This will be a basic mechanics game with vanilla roles. No swingy, PR fests. There are seven pre-in slots, so PM me to pre-in! Game will probably run sometime at the end of May.

4/7 pre-in slots are now filled!
green shirt thursdays
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Welcome to Kansas City's River Quay!
Here you will find a delightful mix of locally-owned shops, mouth-watering restaurants, entrancing live entertainments, and of course the vibrant City Market. Located in the historic riverfront district where the "Town of Kansas" first began, the River Quay
(pronounced "key")
is just half a mile north of Downtown. You can even take the FREE Double-Decker London Bus from midtown, the Plaza, or the Northeast; round-trips on weeknights and weekends every two hours. With more than seventy merchants and craftspeople offering their handmade goods, you'll be sure to find something to take home with you!

©MCMLXXVII, River Quay Merchants Association

Spoiler: Rumors of underworld infiltration have been greatly exaggerated.
And there certainly hasn't been a rash of killings in the area creating a power vacuum amongst the local Mafia, and triggering a succession conflict...

27 players; signups will probably start Monday, May 16th,
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Queue”