Night and Day Mafia Signups (Game over!)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Night and Day Mafia Signups (Game over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:38 am

Post by mastina »

A game brought to you by mastina, with the help of reviewer and awesome helper Ser Arthur Dayne.
(Also featuring: drealmerz7 as an assistant moderator because mastina is nice.)

Night
and
Day

The
Light
, The
Dark

Game Mechanics
:

Abridged Version:
This game is flavorless but features a split mechanic.
Half the game is modified mountainous and players within that half when they die won't have their roles fully revealed; Half the game is role madness; Each half has a PT.

The mafia may switch players between halves when they are equal.
If one half becomes too large, then a member is sent over to the other half.
The game however will have a normal game thread, where all players must post and vote for a lynch. (And it's one lynch per day, not one lynch per side.) People who can use night actions are not limited to using them on their current side.
For further details, please read the mechanic as written because you have only yourself to blame if you fuck up by not doing so.
Spoiler: Full Version (PLEASE READ!)
The Light, The Dark
  • This game is explicitly a
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • This game will feature
    four phases
    :
    1. The
      Day Phase
      works just like any other game. Players talk and may vote on who to lynch.
    2. The
      Night Phase
      works just like any other game. The game thread will be locked (however, private topics will remain open), and players may privately submit any night action they are capable of performing.
    3. The
      Dawn Phase
      (end of night) and the
      Dusk/Twilight Phase
      (end of day) will be transitionary phases: all relevant actions from the night/day phase trigger, and it is at this point they are resolved. These two phases will last only as long as necessary for all pertinent actions taking place within this phase to be resolved. (Namely, player transfers.)
  • Just like in any other game, there will be a game thread open during the day phase closed during all other phases. It is within this thread players are obligated to post (as posts outside the game thread will not count towards prod timers), and it is within that thread players must vote.
  • However
    , this game will be divided into two sides:
    Light
    and
    Dark
  • Each side is essentially a neighborhood, containing a private topic in which all current members of that side may talk in at all times.
    • Players may not vote within these topics. Players may not post in the game thread content from the private thread unless it is their own. Posts within these topics will not reset activity requirements. They will otherwise function like the game thread.
  • The
    Dark
    side is Mountainous: any player who is in the dark side cannot use their role, even if they know what their role is.
    • Mafia within the
      Dark
      may still use their nightkill and discuss with teammates, but no other powers are available to them.
  • The
    Light
    side is Role Madness: every player who is in the light side has a role which they may use within its given limitations for as long as they are on the light side.
  • Players who begin in the
    Dark
    will not be informed of what their role is. Instead, they will be informed of their alignment, and of their role
    type
    . (E.g. a Vigilante would be "Town Killing", a Cop would be "Town Investigative".)
  • Players who die in the
    Dark
    will not have their full role PM flip: they will have their alignment and role
    type
    flip. (E.g. a Vigilante would flip "
    Town Killing
    ", a Cop would flip "
    Town Investigative
    ", a Mafia Rolecop would flip "
    Mafia Investigative
    ".)
  • Dynamics are determined not by starting position, but by
    current position
    . That means, a player who started as
    Light
    will, if within
    Dark
    , not have their role work; that same player who started in
    Light
    will, iff killed, have only their role type flip. Similarly, a player who started as
    Dark
    will, if killed in
    Light
    , have their
    full role
    flip.
  • Players in the
    Light
    may target players in the
    Dark
    freely
    . There is no isolation between sides limiting you to targeting within your own side.
  • Players
    only get one lynch per day
    , determined in the game thread. This is not two separate games.
    Both halves are either won or lost by
    all members of the faction
    If the mafia make up the majority in one side yet do not have overall majority they don't win; if a side is free of mafia the town on that side does not win.
  • Similarly, the mafia only gets
    one kill per night
  • In other words, town wins when all four mafia are dead and not a moment sooner; mafia win when they hold majority of the total town numbers and not a moment sooner. Regardless of how many town/mafia are in light/dark.
  • Scum have the freedom to choose which side they kill from. I.e., if the town lynches from the
    Light
    , the mafia have the choice of killing nobody, killing from the
    Light
    , or killing from the
    Dark
  • Obviously, it may arise where one side at the end of a day/night has notably more numbers than the other side (2/3/4/5 more). If one side has
    two/three members more
    , then the other side will cast a majority vote on which player they wish to steal. In the case of a tie, the side with more members will hold a vote between the tied members on who they will lose. If a tie persists, the moderator will do a dice roll to determine the player sent over.
    If one side has
    four/five members more
    , then this same process is simply doubled with two players sent out to equalize the sides.
  • Mafia Switch Mechanic:
    • At any time the numbers between sides are equal (e.g. 9:9, 8:8, 4:4), once per full phase (day/night), the mafia may switch two currently-living players: one from
      light
      , and one from
      dark
      . (In other words, were numbers equal on all of D1/N1/D2, the mafia may switch during all three times.)
    • The mafia may change submitted switches any time before the end of the phase; I will accept the last valid switch submitted at that time.
    • This switch will take effect (resolving) at the end of the phase, during the transitional phase (twilight/dawn).
    • The switch will happen even if one/both of the players in question are deceased at the time the switch resolves and/or numbers cease to be evenly distributed, as long as both were alive at the time the switch was triggered.
    • In the event numbers between
      Light
      and
      Dark
      side cease being equal midway through a phase, the mafia may choose to retract a switch action that was made when numbers were equal between the two sides. The retraction cannot be undone once it is made, as switches cannot be done with uneven distribution. Furthermore, the mafia at this point would be unable to change the switch to something different.
    • Inversely, in the event that midway through a phase numbers suddenly
      become
      equal, the mafia may then use their switch.

• Each scum player, unlike the town players, knows what power they possess even if they start on the dark side. (They simply can't use them while there.)
    • The mafia, however, have received
      full safeclaims
      which hold the exact format of actual town role PMs.
  • In addition to possessing a personal power, each mafia player possesses a
    personal factional boon
    , an additional scum power they hold access to while in the
    Light
  • Light
    /
    Dark
    distribution was entirely randomized. You might have four mafia start in the
    Dark
    , four mafia start in the
    Light
    , three in Dark/Light, or two in each.
  • Mafia may use ALL of their valid actions at once.
  • Action Resolution:
    • When dealing with action resolution, I will first check to see if there is a possible conflict. If there's none,
      actions will resolve the obvious way. If there might be potential for conflict, continue down this list.
    • My second source for checking action resolution will be
      role PMs as they are written
      . That being, by the exact wording of the roles in question, is there an obvious solution? Please note then the importance of role PM wording! I will use very exact technical resolutions; if there is any room for doubt in your mind, you can and should ask for clarity!
    • If there is no obvious solution and still room for ambiguity, then I will next resort to Natural Action Resolution to resolve the conflict.
    • Should a conflict
      still
      exist, I will use Reasonable Action Resolution to the best of my knowledge to fill in the gaps. It should be noted this is not my first source (it is a source of last resort), and thus pay attention to the above two first.
    • If for some reason that still leaves a conflict, I will resolve things on a case-by-case basis.
[/list]

My Ruleset
(which will be in a larger font size for the game and is listed here in case it's important):
  • Standard site rules are in place; you should REALLY know these by now.
  • Deadlines:
    Days are three weeks (or until lynch); nights are three days (except weekend-nights which're four).
    This game uses plurality lynches
    . Ties are broken by the person most-recently the highest above the other (e.g. 5/4 becoming 4/4, or 4/3 becoming 4/4). No-lynching is possible, with the same threshold as a player. However, unless otherwise specified, failure to submit an action is a no-action. (I do accept them in advance and in valid PTs.)
  • Voting
    must be bolded or in vote tags to be counted. If I recognize who it's for, it counts.
  • I'll send out
    Prods
    after three days, but will poke players on request before then. They must post within two days and cannot let themselves receive five prods, or they'll be replaced.
  • Have fun, but
    don't be a jerkass
    . Seriously, I'll force-replace you if you prove toxic to the game's atmosphere.

• MISCELLANEOUS:
    1. I do allow contentless "
      bah
      " posts with no restriction other than lacking game content.
    2. <<< Pure, bolded black within these marks is my modding color. There's no way to accidentally use these; DON'T USE THEM. >>>
    3. Golden rule? ASK! I'll do what I can to answer. Got a complaint? Raise it, and I'll do what I can.
    4. Loophole abuse
      will be treated just as seriously as (if not moreso than) the actual crime. Seriously. Just don't. The game's meant to be FUN, and if you're seeking loopholes, you're not in the right game. (For instance, I take
      very
      poorly to prod-dodges. Just announce V/LA.)

• GAME SPECIFIC:
    Please read the Game Mechanics post for the details of this game. It is rather complex.

• Players
    Players
    :
    1. Mathblade
    2. Aronis
    3. 79 CE (hydra of nancy and Aristophanes)
    4. Titus
    5. Vedith
    6. Gamma Emerald
      Alisae
      A2 (Alisae alt)
    7. Ginngie
    8. Bulbazak
    9. EddieFenix
    10. Aelita
      Creature
    11. Keyent Think (hydra of ThinkBig and keyenpeydee)
      ThinkBig
      DrCirno
      RadiantCowbells
      TheWayItEnds
    12. FourTrouble
      QuantumRadius
    13. Rautherdir
    14. BTD6_maker
    15. Frosted Kelvin Bran (hydra of RayFrost, Kelvin Smith, and Branson)
      Narna
      Nosferatu
    16. texcat
    17. Therealzeus
      SnarkySnowman
    18. dramonic

Spoiler: Replacement List
    1. mhsmith0
    Spoiler: Current Spectators
    Have fuuuuuuun~

Personal signup note request:

Aside from those on my very short modding blacklist (it's one person), anyone is free to join my game and I will not stop them from doing so.
    However
    , I do have a request:

Please
    , if you sign up, be absolutely 100% committed to playing the game start to finish. Because players may be switched between neighborhoods, a replacement in this game could end up in a situation where the original slot holder held information about posts the replacement has no access to anymore.

As a result, I would prefer you refrain from signing up if you think anything could cause you to need replacement: real life emergency, bad history with a player, etc.

On that note--I would like to emphasize my rules are meant to keep games from getting toxic and I'll intervene if I can, but there's only so much I as a moderator am allowed to do.
    If someone you think will cause the game to go badly for you signs up
    after
    you do, let me know. I will honor the older slot first, since rejecting a player from entering IS within my power as a moderator.
    Last edited by mastina on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 31 times in total.