The Mod Is Mafia Signups (Game complete)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

The Mod Is Mafia Signups (Game complete)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by mastina »

A game brought to you by mastina, with Ginngie's blessing.
The Mod is
Mafia

And she hates your guts.

Game Mechanics
:

Abridged Version:
The game is mostly flavorless aside from some minor lighthearted "I HATE YOU ALL" jabs, but features a modified version of the camn's revenge mechanic, wherein I, mastina, am the mafia-aligned extra player. I have the ability to abuse my moderator powers to help the mafia, and can even be sent to perform the nightkill. There are further details/limits to this, but those can be found in the full version.
Spoiler: Full Version (You'll want to read!)
I AM THE SUPREME RULER OF ALL
  • This game is explicitly a
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • I,
    mastina
    , your game moderator, am aligned with
    the
    Mafia
    as a fifth member. I have those four players' best interests at heart at all times.
  • Given this inherent premise, this game is bastard-as-
    hell
  • However, I am still your game moderator. I will guarantee you that all official moderator information will be guaranteed to be accurate (barring mod error of course). The opening post, rules, game mechanics, all votecounts, prods, replacements, flips, etc. will be handled as a moderator and not as a player and are thus immune to falsification.
  • I can vote like any player, but my vote is worth 0.
  • I can be voted, but I cannot be lynched; votes on me will do nothing and are equivalent to Not Voting.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of any player's role.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of the existence of any role.
  • As an extension, I cannot inform the mafia if a town player is fakeclaiming or realclaiming a role.
  • I cannot submit night actions for the scumteam.
  • However, I CAN be sent to do the nightkill if the scumteam so chooses to elect me to do so.
  • I am therefore a valid target of any night action myself.
  • Though I am incredibly limited in what I can/can't say, I am permitted to vaguely help the mafia in their planning.
  • I am able to post as a player.
  • I am able to abuse my moderator edit/delete powers to further the scum wincon of my own free will.
  • The mafia may ask me to edit or even delete any post. However, there are restrictions to this.
    1. I cannot manipulate official game content: votecounts, prods, flips, etc. are all guaranteed to be accurate.
    2. I cannot delete any post with a valid vote or a valid unvote.
    3. I cannot edit a valid vote or a valid unvote out of a post.
    4. If a vote or unvote is only invalid because of broken tags, I cannot edit/delete it because I am moderator-bound to fix the broken tag and thus it will become a valid vote/unvote and be subject to the above rules.
    5. The mafia cannot ask me to break tags in a post where tags were working, as I am moderator-bound to fix any broken tags.
    6. The mafia cannot ask me to delete essentially a whole gamedays' worth of posts.
    7. The mafia cannot ask me to delete a post made over three phases ago.
    8. The mafia cannot ask me to edit a post made over five phases ago.

My Ruleset
(which will be in a larger font size for the game and is listed here in case it's important):
  • Standard site rules are in place; you should REALLY know these by now.
  • Deadlines:
    Days are three weeks (or until lynch); nights are three days (except weekend-nights which're four).
    This game uses plurality lynches
    . Ties are broken by the person most-recently the highest above the other (e.g. 5/4 becoming 4/4, or 4/3 becoming 4/4). No-lynching is possible, with the same threshold as a player. However, unless otherwise specified, failure to submit an action is a no-action. (I do accept them in advance and in valid PTs.)
  • Voting
    must be bolded or in vote tags to be counted. If I recognize who it's for, it counts.
  • I'll send out
    Prods
    after three days, but will poke players on request before then. They must post within two days and cannot let themselves receive five prods, or they'll be replaced.
  • Have fun, but
    don't be a jerkass
    . Seriously, I'll force-replace you if you prove toxic to the game's atmosphere.

• MISCELLANEOUS:
    1. I do allow contentless "
      bah
      " posts with no restriction other than lacking game content.
    2. <<< Pure, bolded black within these marks is my modding color. There's no way to accidentally use these; DON'T USE THEM. >>>
    3. Golden rule? ASK! I'll do what I can to answer. Got a complaint? Raise it, and I'll do what I can.
    4. Loophole abuse
      will be treated just as seriously as (if not moreso than) the actual crime. Seriously. Just don't. The game's meant to be FUN, and if you're seeking loopholes, you're not in the right game. (For instance, I take
      very
      poorly to prod-dodges. Just announce V/LA.)

• GAME SPECIFIC:
    1. Please read the Game Mechanics post for the details of this game. It is rather complex.
    2. As per the game mechanics, I reserve the right to edit posts for any reason (especially fluff).
    3. This game is heavy in "I HATE YOU ALL" flavor, but it is just that, flavor. It's meant to be lighthearted fun, not actually serious insults. So while I may poke fun at you and I may be playing against you, I mean no harm, just for us to engage in banter.

• Players
    Players
    :
    1. Mathblade
    2. Mulch
    3. Aronis
    4. camn
    5. SnarkySnowman
      DiamondSentinel
    6. Theta Alpine
    7. MarioManiac4
      Toranaga
      pisskop
    8. hebichan
      CheekyTeeky
    9. Stalfos (Prism + Keychain)
    10. Yume
      Maestro
      UnaBombaH
    11. Not_Mafia
    12. Nosferatu
      Ghostlin
    13. Kise
    14. Smocaine
    15. grapes
    16. Creature
    17. Radiant Moonlight (Titus + RadiantCowbells)
    18. massive
    Spoiler: Current Replacements
    1. mhsmith0
    2. RedFlavor
    Spoiler: Spectators
    1. Virtuoso
    2. Alisae
    3. Assemblerotws
    4. beeboy
    5. implosion
    6. Antihero
    7. talah
    8. taiho
    9. Gödel
    10. XnadrojX
    11. Allomancer
    12. schadd_
    13. TheBrie
    Last edited by mastina on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 29 times in total.