Micro Games Queue!!! (Players and Mods)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Micro Games Queue!!! (Players and Mods)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Nexus »

Welcome to the Micro Queue!!!

What, my friend, is a Micro???Thanks for asking! A Micro is a game of Mafia in which there are 4-9 players! Why not 3? Well, certain exceptions apply for three player games actually.
Micro Games are played in the Mayfair Club!

This thread is primarily for Moderators to sign up to run games and for players to join said games! Please try to stay on topic in this thread! That means keeping discussion to a bare minimum! You'll have plenty of time to talk to your friends once the games you join begin, or via other means (I mean, there's the rest of the site, including Site Chat! Use your resources, people! :)) With that said, I will allow you to post "Ego" or something of the like such that this queue appears in your Ego Search! Please do not abuse this privilege! I would hate to see you miss a game you wanted to play just because you didn't check the Queues, but keep clutter to a minimum!

Please Message Me if you ever have questions, concerns, or just want to say hi! Your feedback is integral to keeping everything the way the players want it, and plus, I love hearing from you guys!

Now that we're through all that, please read the following posts at your leisure, or if they apply to you!
(Protip: They do ;))

Guides and Updates:
Infrequently used, but very important links:
Other Queues:
Check them all out!
You know you want to! :)
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Nexus »

Important Player Information!!!

How do I sign up for a Micro Game?

Simply type "
/in
" in this thread!
I request that it be easily visible, preferably bolded and on its own line. These are not hard rules, but they will decrease the chances of me missing the /in drastically!
As well, I ask that you specify the game you wish to join! (ex.
/in Aristophanes
or
/in Fun Example Mafia!
) If you do not do this, you will be placed into the game which has been in Signups for the longest, so long as you meet all requirements set put by the Mod.

I want to play in a game that's not in Signups yet!

That's awesome! I love your enthusiasm!
Please do not
/pre-in
in this thread though, as I will not keep track of them. PM the Game Mod and express your interest to them! Most Mods love this :)
Also, to find out about upcoming games, please check out the Upcoming Game Ads thread! You won't be disappointed :)
Oh, and once the game you've /pre-inned to is in signups, you have 5 days to confirm your spot before it is revoked! Please try to do so as soon as possible to keep the thread moving!

I missed signups for the game I wanted to play! :(

Oh no! That always sucks!
We've got you covered though! Keep an eye on the Replacement Requests thread to see if someone had to leave their slot vacant! This is the easiest way to get into that game you missed out on! You can also PM the Game Mod and let them know you want onto their replacement list, or simply ask to be a spectator for the game for all the fun and none of the stress!

Am I qualified to play in this game?

If you feel like you are, then you are!
There are no experience restrictions for Micro Games unless otherwise stated, so you should be fine! An individual Mod may impose restrictions to their game, however, and they will be noted in the game's description. Always read the fine print! All iterations of "Wisdom of the Mods" (WOTM) are also allowed here, so if the Mod rejects your in, please do not make a public stink about it! Most Mods are happy to let you know why if you ask them, but do that by PM, not in this thread.
If you would like to have a discussion about WOTM, there is a discussion thread for that, but please keep it civil there!
And don't forget that if you are a newer player, or just want some more experience, the Newbie Queue is a great place to start!

Where will I be placed in the Signup order?

Signups essentially run on a first come first serve basis, but let's break it down!
  • Pre-ins appear first in the list. They should always be provided by the Mod when their game enters Signups.
  • Players who join in the thread per the above rules. Specific game /ins will always take precedent.
  • If a /pre-in fails to confirm, or a player /outs, the list will shift upwards allowing a new slot at the end of the list to open up.
  • If a Game Mod waives a restriction for a player, they will be entered into the list as if their /in took place when their restriction was waived.
  • When players decide to Hydra, their /in will be treated as a new /in regardless of the placement of any heads currently signed up. Any heads who are signed up will be /outed as soon as the hydra signs up.
How many Micros can I play at a time?

There is currently no limit on this, but I once again ask that you keep personal limits in mind! It can be hard to juggle multiple games at once, and /outing too many times can give you a bad reputation. It's all about self control!

Why Can't I Post In The Game!?!?!?

You have probably been flagged as an alt or a hydra account!
Simply Post here to gain posting privileges! :)

Don't forget to have fun!!!

Micros are great games, and games are meant to be fun!
This should probably have been rule 1, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Nexus »

Important Moderator Information!!!

Am I qualified to run a Micro?

Well, maybe!
If you've run another Mafia game onsite to completion, absolutely! Welcome aboard!
If you have not, however, please check out the Open Queue and the Normal Queue first, as they are the places for first time Mods to get their experience!

How do I sign up to mod a Micro?

It's easy! Just fill out the form below and post it in this thread!

Code: Select all

[b]/in to Mod[/b]

[area] [b]Game Name:[/b] [i][/i]
       [b]Game Type:[/b] [i][/i]
       [b]Game Size:[/b] [i][/i]

[b]Co/Backup Mod:[/b] [i][user][/user][/i]
       [b]Reviewed By:[/b] [i][user][/user][/i]

[b]Bastard?:[/b] [i][/i]
       [b]Hydrae Allowed?:[/b] [i][/i]
       [b]Other Restrictions?:[/b] [i][/i]

[b]Description:[/b] [i][/i][/area]
  • Game Type is asking whether the game is a Open/Semi-Open or Closed, Themed or Normal Setup.
  • Backup Mods, Co-Mods, and Reviewers are not required, but are recommended, for Micro Games (Normal games are the exception to this rule and must be reviewed for Normalcy).
  • Games qualify as "Bastard" if any of the following applies: "cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine, but telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game."
  • Other Restrictions are where Mods can announce if they will be applying any player restrictions to their game.
  • The Description section is where flavour, odd, public mechanics, which Open Setup is being used, and any other Mod notes may be expressed.
How Many Micros may I Mod at one time?

Well, since Micros count as half a game, you may Mod 2 games concurrently! What a special Queue this is!!!
There are still restrictions on this though. You may only have one game in signups at a time, though you may queue two at once! This means the second game may not enter signups until the first has filled however! As well, backup modding does not count towards the modding total, so feel free to help each other out as backups as much as possible, so long as you can manage the number of games you take on! Always remember that defaulting as a Backup Mod is just as bad as defaulting as the regular Mod, and that it may preclude you from modding in the future! So as long as you can manage what you are signing up to do, have at 'er! :)

What else do I need to know?

Well, You should be aware that Pre-in Limits are set to 2/3 of a game's playerbase!
Your game will be in signups for a reasonable amount of time, which is subject to change based on thread activity.
Once your game is announced as filled, you have 1 week (7 days) to create the Game Thread, post your ruleset, and have all Role PMs sent out!
Micro Games currently count as 1/2 of a game's experience for other queues. This rule is in effect as of Micro 750! =D

What Resources are there for all of this information?

I'm glad you asked!
  • Follow these handy links if you are looking for a Backup/Co-Mod or a Reviewer.
    *** If you do not have a Backup or Co-Mod, please add me (Aristophanes) to all private topics and grant me access to Setup and Role PMs. ***
  • If you are unsure what setup to run, check out the Open Micro Setups on the Wiki!
  • If you have a theme idea and are unsure if people are interested, check out the Theme Test Market!
  • Want to drum up Mad Hype for your game? The Upcoming Game Ads thread is the place for you!
  • Need a Replacement? We've got you covered!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Nexus »

Current Game Signups and Queue!!!

Currently In Signups:

VERY Bastard game, no hydrae allowed. Extensive game info available in the game post!

Moderator:

Backup/Co-Mod:
N/A
Maybe Ari

Reviewed By:
N/A

Game Type:
Open Setup

In Signups (1/8)

Playerlist:
  1. NicoRobin
  2. TheBrie
  3. Efekannn02

Non-Bastard game, hydrae allowed. WOTM/WOTC in effect. Blitz deadlines and plurality lynch mechanic in effect. Hyperactive Ruleset is in place! Please know what it is before signing up!

Moderator:

Backup/Co-Mod:
N/A

Reviewed By:
N/A

Game Type:
Open Setup

In Signups (0/8)

Playerlist:
  1. beeboy
  2. Mulch
  3. Ausuka
  4. schadd_
  5. Efekannn02
  6. Xyzzy

Currently In Queue:

Themed/Open Games
Bastard game, hydrae allowed. Survey must be filled out upon game completion. See game post for mechanical info.

Moderator:

Backup/Co-Mod:
N/A

Reviewed By:
N/A

Game Type:
Open Setup

In Queue (0/9)

Non-Bastard game. Sign up with a partner. 2 games will be run at once! See the Game Ad for details. No Preins available!

Moderator:

Backup/Co-Mod:
northsidegal

Reviewed By:
fferyllt & Jingle

Game Type:
All-Vanilla Open Setup & Closed "Normalesque" Setup

In Queue (0/9)

Non-Bastard game, no hydrae allowed. Setup Info and CFJ's Micro Deadlines info found in the appropriate links.

Moderator:

Backup/Co-Mod:
N/A

Reviewed By:
N/A

Game Type:
Open Setup

In Queue (0/9)

Game Name:
bbmolla's Grand Idea uPick

Game Type:
Theme / Likely Bastard Elements
Game Size:
9p

Co/Backup Mod:

Reviewed By:

Bastard?:
Very Probably
Hydrae Allowed?:
No
Other Restrictions?:
can't be first bastard game on site. If join date i less than 1 year old a link to your previously pkayed Bastard game will be required upon /in.

Description:
roles will be upick esque from the linked thread up to post 4653. Each player will submit 5 roles with wt least one each of town/mafia/third party and no more then 2 third party roles. I will pick a setup out of the entirety of each player's submissions, and create a setup. The total list of possible roles will be provided in modposts. You aren't guaranteed one of your picks, setup will be randomly assigned after design to help prevent game-breaking strategies.

WotM on role selection will be in place to prevent another one of these

Normal Games
Empty!!!

Tiny Games
Game Name:
Lovers Mafia except the mod picks who the mafia are

Game Type:
Tiny Open

Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:

Reviewed By:

Bastard?:
In the sense of non-randomness in alignment, yes

Hydrae Allowed?:
Yes

Other Restrictions?:
None

Description:
Lovers Mafia

As enjoyed extensively during the marathon weekend, it's lovers mafia with a twist - I'll be picking the scumteam! Just a regular mafia game, no art project or anything.
[/color]
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I was going to make this post exclusive to thanking the past Micro Queue Listmods: Hoopla, quadz08, Marquis, and Radja - Thanks for all your hard work guys!!! <3

I am also going to highlight changes of importance here though, at least until I update the actual rulesets.

In post 293, Aristophanes wrote:
I also have a somewhat Special Announcement about a new Policy within this Queue! =D

As you all know, this queue is a work in progress and I always strive to make it better and clearer.

Recently I overstepped my bounds as Listmod by making my presence in a game too prevalent and threatening to take it over should the Mod not return. I realize where I went wrong and have learned from it. All the same, I would like to publicly apologize to Lycanfire for disrupting his game!

I would therefore like to clarify my policy on Mod activity. Most Game Mods prod players after 2 days of inactivity. I think it is only fair that a Mod be prodded after 4 days of inactivity. It is your duty as a mod to watch your game and keep it updated, and even in quieter phases you should be posting in the thread to let your players know you have not abandoned them. This prod will go out to your comod or backup mod as well.

If you do not respond to me or post in thread after 3 more days, I will assume you have lost interest in modding and begin taking over the game, requesting role PMs from players, and posting VCs as is required.

A week turnover may seem small, but I believe it is in the best interest of our playerbase that such issues be dealt with swiftly.

This timeline is in place so that Mods are aware of their responsibilities and so that I can follow a standard timing on such things. I know this is a departure from the other queues and may seem like I am micromanaging my queue, but it is only because I care about the quality of this site that I am implementing it.

Thanks for reading this, and feel free to approach me with any issues you have with this or suggestions for changes to it! :)

- Aristophanes
In post 701, Aristophanes wrote:
Tiny Games Policy

I would like to see more variety in game sizes being run here, thus my running a 3 player game soon.

I am therefore going to try our a new policy regarding what I am going to dub "Tiny Games".

Games of
3-5
3-6 players are now going to have their own priority spot in signups. This means they can bypass the waiting period most games face when going into signups and will be eligable for signup alongside the 2 standard Micro games.

Basically, they get a SpeedPass in queue :)

I will reflect this in my next Queue update!

Get your Tiny games in now!!! =D
In post 1197, Aristophanes wrote:
Okay, so I fought against this change but when a change comes down from mith what am I supposed to do?

All games on site must now be marathon speed. This is in order to increase play speed, increase playerbase, and hopefully let us compete with the other sites with which we compete. Marathon games seem to typically be Micros so I am expecting a higher volume of games here. I am ready to take them on, but you have to be sure you are available to play games you sign up for! I am also getting rid of modding requirements in this queue and making it so you may not run games concurrently but may run them back to back.

Players may only be in one game on site at a time as well, so long as one of them is a micro. The potential of 10 minute deadlines (or less even :S) means it would be simply impossible to be in multiple games at once! I will be checking the other queues and ongoing games before approving your signup.

I'll have to retool the thread a bit and changes will come to my OP in time. The Mod Prod post is now irrelevant. You are expected to run games wen you say you will and will be penalized otherwise. I also will be less able to pick up games if you drop as I am a busy guy, so backup mods are mandatory.

Good luck and have fun everyone! I hope this change is good for the site!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

hi
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by beeboy »

Just want to make sure I am still
/in votefuckery

even though i can clearly see I am in the game and am doing an ego post
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oooohhh aaaaahhh
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by fferyllt »

/confirm votefuckery
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 6, beeboy wrote:Just want to make sure I am still
/in votefuckery

even though i can clearly see I am in the game and am doing an ego post
That is quite alright, beeboy!
In post 0, Nexus wrote:I will allow you to post "Ego" or something of the like such that this queue appears in your Ego Search! Please do not abuse this privilege! I would hate to see you miss a game you wanted to play just because you didn't check the Queues, but keep clutter to a minimum!
This was a fine post! :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Equinox »

/in to mod

Game Name:

Game Type:
Open

Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:
N/A

Reviewed By:
N/A

Bastard?:
No

Hydras Allowed?:
No

Other Restrictions?:
N/A

Description:
It's a five-player vengeful. Nothing fancy.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

/in lucky2u
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Virtuoso »

Hi Ari <3 <3 love ya!
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 11, sheepsaysmeep wrote:/in lucky2u
This game is not currently in signups, but in Queue.

It will go into signups once it has passed Normalcy Review.

If you would like to Prein to the game, please message the game's Moderator! :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I should definitely have 2 games in signups anyway, so here's out first update!!!

Currently In Signups:

Mod Notes: Proven competence at Mafia is required

Moderator:

Backup/Co-Mod:
N/A

Reviewed By:
N/A

Game Type:
Closed Themed
In Signups (2/9)

Playerlist:
  1. beeboy
  2. fferyllt

Mod Notes: I will use cards 1-146 listed here. Possibly Bastard. Balance not guaranteed.

Moderator:

Backup/Co-Mod:
N/A

Reviewed By:
N/A

Game Type:
Semi-Open Themed

In Signups (0/9)

Playerlist:

- Jingle
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 14, Aristophanes wrote:Playerlist:
beeboy
fferyllt

What a good playerlist I think joining this game is a good idea.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

/in Micc
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

/in Votefuckery
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

/in greatest

also woohoo! first time being on the first page of a que thread!
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

/in greatest idea

Congrats Ari!
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

/in greatest idea

first page is so awesome
so...i don't get enough sleep
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

/in greatest
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

/in greatest
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 17, Sakura Hana wrote:/in Votefuckery
<3
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »