Maplewood Village (full) - PM to /replace! (mature players)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Maplewood Village (full) - PM to /replace! (mature players)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

RULES

(
general site rules
also apply
)
-

1. - I am the moderator. Everything I say goes. Read everything. If it seems that you have not read everything I will send you a PM making sure that you have/do. Reading the entirety of all PMs and moderator posts is CRUCIAL for this game. If you have anything to address with me (ANY questions, issues, concerns, ANYTHING)
send me a PM
. I encourage PM communication with me, but
do not address me in the game thread
, I'm not in the game.

2. - Absolutely
NO
GIFs, videos, images, or OUTSIDE LINKS
to anything of any kind permitted in this game! Links to posts made in
THIS THREAD ONLY
are the only links permitted in this game!

3. - Conduct yourselves in a civilized and gamesmanship manner. Have fun & help each other have fun and play to your win condition. Remember that it should be everyone's primary goal to have fun while they seek to achieve their win condition. With this in mind, also realize that disagreements, contention, and frustration can be part of the game and is all game-inclusive, and hopefully ultimately fun! Nothing is to get personal and things are not to be taken personally. If someone upsets you, try to convince others they are scum and try to get them lynched. If it goes too far I will take measures.

4. - The game is a
bit
bastard!
  • There are:
    unique, game-specific mechanics (including those related to voting and lynching), rules, roles, and a partially-hidden ruleset. Players will choose a character name that has a predetermined win condition and role from a list at signup.

• There might be:
    hidden abilities, mechanics, and triggers in the overall game and / or for specific characters; the tiniest bit of moderator deception.

• There will be NO:
    cults or win-condition / alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated, or any direct or arbitrary moderator influence.

• The game might or might not be:
    role madness.
- This game has been reviewed, play-tested, and approved by numerous veteran moderators and players on another site. It is considered fair but swingy, and that is how I like it. I hope players have fun with it!

- For MS this game has been reviewed by nancy.

5. - This section is dedicated to game flavor and the "PM quoting / info-sharing" hubbub and related.

I.) - Any references or lack thereof to characters in flavor is not necessarily of any setup, alignment, role, or mechanical significance. PMs sent to individual players, or a lack thereof, and any sort of variance in length or amount of details given to players and their characters does not necessarily indicate anything in regards to the setup or the character's role significance or alignment, or mean anything more or less other than how much creativity I came up with / come up with for the characters.

II.) - I am intentionally creating all PMs with
NO uniform format whatsoever
. There will be no way to discern anything by the use and existence, or lack thereof, of: any punctuation, colorizing, capitalization, syntax or phrasing, or whatever else is in individual PMs.

Simply, there is NO consistent method of format for the giving of information through individual PMs
AT ALL
, and no game-deductions should try to be made from how a PM is formed or what it contains.

example: one person's PM might be "You are bob (
VILLAGE - VANILLA
), and you like to fish!" and someone else might have "you are bobbette, a
vanilla villager
, and you like to read~" in their PM, and yet a third person could have "you are bobbina - you like to eat
fish
" in their PM, and could be "vanilla" but never has been directly told so or given any more detail than what is in the quotes right there. ^

note: if you yourself specifically are confused about your role or alignment once you've received and read your character's PM, be sure to
SEND ME
a
PM
with any questions/concerns you may have! (don't worry about bobbina, she doesn't exist! if she did, she could simply ask "what is my role/alignment" and I would answer her "you are a non-special villager" or similar, if I am able.)

To be clearer and further elaborate! Some PMs will have "-", some will use ":" , some will use ".)" or even any variety and different colors, one color, no color, some may use a variety of some of them or all of the above or something completely different entirely, even foreign words and/or weird 끀, and some may use none of that all, and it will all mean nothing!

DO NOT TRY TO BREAK THE GAME
, it is unbreakable, and trying to do such will just anger the moderator and will likely lead to
PUNISHMENT

III.) -
use of the [quote.][./quote] function like this for PMs + PTs is
NOT PERMITTED
!
don't use this quote function if quoting or pretending to quote from a PM or PT!
- Players
are
allowed to "quote", pretend to quote, paraphrase to any degree, or refer to any part of their role PM or any PTs they are a part of unless specifically indicated otherwise in the PM or PT! Use of "" quotes when quoting or pretending to quote is not at all required, just whatever you do don't use the quote feature. - clear?

6. - No cryptoclaiming or encrypted posts. No hidden or broken text. No spoiler trees >7. No editing of posts.

7. - DAYs have 3 different
STAGES
(not as complex as it may seem.) I will make a post clearly notifying players that there has been a
STAGE
change when they happen and what the requirements for that stage are.

---
BE SURE
to know what
STAGE
in the Day it is
before
making a post ---

I -
MORNING
- This means everyone is awake, present, and the Day's discussions have gotten under way. Players may post, but
MAY NOT VOTE
during this stage, ever.

II -
AFTERNOON
- The Day and it's discussions are well under way. Players
MAY VOTE
and post as normal during this stage.

III -
EVENING
- Each player is only permitted to make
ONE POST ONLY
during this stage that has anything in it
other than a vote
. If you make more than 1 post during the
EVENING
stage it
MAY ONLY
contain a
vote-status change

After the Evening stage there may or may not be a TWILIGHT where votes will be LOCKED in place but players may continue to post until threadlock.

NOTE: players making posts not meeting the specific stage rules will incur a warning and potential penalties upon multiple violations.

If there are any questions / concerns about any of the stages,
SEND ME PM

8. - To vote for a player use the VOTE: VOTE TAG.
Bolded
votes will
NOT
be counted. Players may VOTE: No Lynch.

-
LYNCH
es are achieved by voting! There may be potentially different and alternate ways lynches, deaths, and Days-ending occur in this game with hidden triggers, mechanics, attributes, influences, or whatever else all as possibilities.

Varying and shifting deadlines, deadline triggers, and mechanics that can influence the deadline and EoD to different capacities may exist in this game. Don't worry, my goal isn't to fuck you over "haha suckers!" in any way.

9. - Posting frequency guidelines will vary throughout the game and will be made clear at their different points. Don't worry about other players' participation levels, I will be moderating it closely. (do not ask me to prod players)

10. -
ANY
reference, allusion, or mentioning at all of
ANY
other ongoing games is
STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
. Don't even think about other games when you're thinking about this game, just to be safe! Mentioning / reference to any degree of this game outside of this game is strictly forbidden. I am more strict about this than most moderators, DO NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to breaking this rule!

11. - if you must ask to be replaced do so by
SENDING ME A PM
!
DO NOT
mention it in the game thread. I will swiftly and quietly replace you if it is needed, but I hope this doesn't happen at all.

- please try not to go V/LA, but if you must, please notify me
via PM
, DO NOT notify me in the game thread. If you are unable to post for a period of 5 or more days, I ask that you request a replacement.

-
Any and all Private Topics will be released immediately upon completion of the game. No redactions or permissions accepted
. -
Last edited by drealmerz7 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

Maplewood Village is located near the Chillisquaque (chil - ih - SKWA - kee) Creek in the thick forests of central Pennsylvania.

In the early spring of 1639, notices started to be placed on public post-boards in various villages, towns, and cities throughout the east coast. The notices called for anyone interested in establishing a new, small village, to attend any or all meetings they could that were being held at places and times listed on the notices to discuss that potential. Over some time more and more notices were posted and more and more interested people and parties attended the meetings. The forming of the village took twenty-two meetings, nineteen location considerations, and twenty-three different name proposals, all within just over three years.

At each meeting more aspects were covered that were necessary to successfully establish a new village, and more people attended, and with each step toward achieving the goal of starting a new village, more and more interested parties came to the meetings adding their skills and knowledge to the group, that much more increasing the likelihood of success for the community. Everyone talked over the logistics of what sort of area to build homes, who was going to take on what responsibilities, how close to what body or bodies of water they wanted to be, and a hundred other considerations that were raised and dealt with over the course of figuring out all of the details that would help them to ensure not only their long-term survival, but their ability to thrive.

Once they felt secure in their resources, numbers of people (which numbered twenty-two), and general potential for success, they went out and scouted various areas for suitability. Once seeing different places and what obstacles each place might specifically present, they further worked out the details until they were finally ready to set out together in the spring of 1642 for their decided location in the hills of what is known as Pennsylvania, along the Chillisquaque Creek. Everyone knew it would be a hard task even with the best preparation, but they were confident that if they worked together they could make it through the hardest of times and persevere over any obstacles.

-

A single dirt road stretches up to the center of Maplewood Village through a dense and varied forest 100 miles to the next nearest village, Benton. The forest is not just made up of thousands of maples, but also oaks, walnuts, dogwoods, birch, and many others, including many variety of pine. Ferns and mountain laurel abound in the summer, there are rocks and boulders, partial clearings, fields of thick wild grass and flowers, trickling springs and streams throughout the hills leading down to the creek, and of course many variety of wildlife: deer, bear, fox, bunnies, squirrels, birds, bugs, and more.

The road leads directly up to Maplewood Village's first building, The Community Home. It is the first structure that the original settlers of Maplewood all built together the first spring, summer, and fall they were there. It is a giant community hall big enough to seat 300 people if needed - a testament to the potential in growth they saw for the village.

Every single original villager had a hand in building The Community Home, including the women and the children and the few older people who had roughed the journey to be there with their families who wanted to move here. When the final nail of the final plank of the stairs leading up to the large porch that extends the entirety of the front of the building was hammered in, they did more than just solidify that they were an official village or community, they hardened the fact that they were family, and so it became their first home together.

It was the only building the community had built before the first snows of the winter came late October of 1642. The early snows foretold a long and hard winter for them all that first year, which when they all survived through it together it only served to bond them all closer. Though, certainly, when the following spring of 1643 came they were ready to get on with building the village and getting new homes built for as many of them as possible.

All of the original settlers of Maplewood Village built beautiful, well-built log homes. They are all well-sized and the properties on which they are built are expansive and scattered through the forest along and around the Chillisquaque Creek, mostly all within a 7 mile radius of each other and The Community Home. Each home is in a spot specifically picked by the family or individual that lives there, and they pretty much all helped one another build each other's homes over a number of years to one degree or another.

Before the snows of the winter of 1643-1644 were to come in late October, they had been able to complete two large homes and two of the larger families moved out of The Community Home. Like it was with them all when they eventually got their homes built and moved into them, it was better than they could have ever foreseen.

That winter season the rest of the villagers who didn't yet have homes of their own felt thankful for the increased space within The Community Home. They had also been able to add a kitchen and a dual-occupancy outhouse to The Community Home that fall, and things were overall much more pleasant that second winter than the first, and come the following spring, they felt like they were truly on their way to being able to take on anything together.

Over the third spring, summer, and fall in Maplewood Village they split the work of building homes into two groups and achieved building four more homes just as big as or bigger than the previous year's homes before the winter of '44-'45 came.

They achieved much that year. More of the villagers had gotten more practiced at building, and so they were able to build more efficiently. There were also three newcomers in the village that spring that came to help work with everyone and to see how they got along and fit in with the community. It was a trial consideration period before anyone decided whether they were a good fit to move into the village. Ultimately, only one of the three stayed and became a part of the community. When the next winter came the man who had moved in also stayed in The Community Home, and so for him, like the rest of the villagers, it was also his first home and he shared in that with them. It is like that for a lot of the people who have moved into the village over the years. First they move into The Community Home for a period to try out living in Maplewood, and if they desire to stay, the villagers help them build a home. Now, this has happened for a good number over the years and the community has grown nicely.

The Community Home is mostly centralized among the other homes in the village, and lies on the east side of the Chillisquaque Creek. There is a well with a pump outside and there are a few outhouses dug and built at a distance. A dirt path leads about 200 yards into the woods to the Chillisquaque Creek's edge, which has a beautiful view up and down the wide creek, and truly shows what an ideal spot for a country village they chose to live in.

The Community Home serves as a meeting hall for the villagers when they need to discuss anything that may come up. They have a handful of meetings that have become routine over the years, and if there is an emergency there is a large bell strung high up outside the hall that is rung that echoes through the area that gathers everyone there as quickly as possible.

Over the 21 years that Maplewood Village has existed, there have been children born and some of those children have even had children. People have moved in, and people have moved on. The village and community has changed and grown and developed, and through it all they have been a large and loving family of common-goaled individuals who would prefer to be living their lives no other way. They are all unique, special, valuable members of the community and all contribute to the village in their own ways.

It has taken them many years working together, clearing and gathering lumber, taming the land, and learning to live from and with it all as harmoniously and successfully as possible. They live in abundance and a richness of living that is not revealed by the size of their coffers, but is seen in the abundance of their food and overall thriving of the entire community. Everyone contributes to the livelihood of everyone else, big and small contributions of all kinds are needed to keep the village functioning, and it truly is a place of contentment, serenity, cooperation, consideration, and caring. They all could not get along without one another. They depend on each other for survival. When something affects one of them, it affects all of them.

-
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

------------

It is now 1663.

Whether village founder, born here, or having moved here at some point over the years, all here are just as much family and community as another and there really is not much of a hierarchy or superiority among any them. Despite the varying difficulties that come with the times and these ways of life, they have all contributed to the successful establishment and continuing survival of a wonderful place to call home and their own. They hope and believe it is still just the beginnings of a place that will flourish and prosper through time, long after all that currently reside there are gone.

Are you a member of Maplewood Village?

------------

Select a character. Once you pick a character that is your character. First selected first received. You may not change your character (any character selection posts that are edited will be invalidated and the poster must wait until all other players have made their selections.) No trading of characters. No coordinating picking of characters. If you /in but do not pick a character you will be assigned one upon the closing of signups.

All characters are fictional and any similarities or resemblance to any other characters, real or fake, alive or dead, is coincidental.

------------

1. fferyllt ........................................... Tori Jenkins
2. Cabd ............................................. Adam Mitchell
3. Chara ............................................ Matthew (Matt) Bower
4. TPFKAP .......................................... Patricia Morris
5. Varsoon ......................................... Vanessa Peters
6. Ellibereth ........................................ Kyle Dixon
7. chesskid3 ....................................... Ryan "Mick" McHenry
8. Vecna ............................................ David (Dave) Olsen
9. Chandra Nalaar ................................ George Schmidt
10. penguin_alien ................................. Mary Flannigan
11. Almost50 ....................................... Joshua (Josh) Jacobs
12. DeasVail ........................................ Mary Lewis
13. SnarkySnowman ............................. Paul Grady
14. Ghostlin ........................................ Samuel (Sam) Timmons
15. hebichan ....................................... Erica Bower
16. mastina ......................................... Carl Wilkins
17. Layla ............................................. Douglas Mitchell
Last edited by drealmerz7 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:59 am, edited 12 times in total.
balance among all things
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

/spectate
GTKAS
| here.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

/confirm

Tori Jenkens, please.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Cabd »

Adam Mitchell.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by beeboy »

/spec
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Chara »

/confirm
Matt Bower, please.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Post by mastina »

I was asked to confirm.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

/in Patricia Morris please
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

As a public reminder in case anyone missed it, balance in this game is NOT guaranteed. All postgame balance complaints may be sent the the user Caveat Emptor.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

Alright time to make the Caveat Emptor account
GTKAS
| here.
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 9, Porkens wrote:/in Patricia Morris please
Actually, if you don't mind, I'd like to use this alt.

Don't call me an alt.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 8, mastina wrote:I was asked to confirm.
Thats a statement not a confirmation :P
Also no character selection ;)
Show
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

Can my character be mhsmith0?
GTKAS
| here.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 14, Alisae wrote:Can my character be mhsmith0?
Not in this game :P
Show
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 15, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 14, Alisae wrote:Can my character be mhsmith0?
Not in this game :P
dam
my mhsmith0 is not in this castle.
GTKAS
| here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

/in with Vanessa Peters
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

/Kyle Dixon
FLASH OF GREEN
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 4, fferyllt wrote:/confirm

Tori Jenkens, please.
In post 5, Cabd wrote:Adam Mitchell.
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

I’m in heaven.
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

Get yer wife in here morph
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

/Ryan "Mick" McHenry
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by Vecna »

DAVID - THE DAVE OLSEN
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any