Surreptitious II: Secrets and Misdirection (FULL!)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Surreptitious
Surreptitious
Townie
Surreptitious
Townie
Townie

Surreptitious II: Secrets and Misdirection (FULL!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Surreptitious »

History of Game Production

New and improved from the original, this game promises to be more streamlined and elegant than the original. Rest assured, this game was worked on for quite a while. LicketyQuickety is the person who had the idea's on how it worked. BTD6_Maker is the person who got it to work. We both tried to be very thorough with this game. LicketyQuickety is the person who came up with the idea to mix powder roles with group mechanics. The first game (Surreptitious: The Game of Spies) was advertised as a swingy setup, and the game just ended up being a Town landslide. There was also a game breaking strategy that Town could have used that BTD6_Maker pointed out. Knowing how his game turned out, LicketyQuickety decided that the best way to make the sequel was to get help from the very person who broke the original setup. Because Town ended up winning in a landslide last game, LicketyQuickety decided that maybe it would be better to not have such a swingy game. So he came up with the idea that after so many deaths, Town's Power gets weaker and Mafia's Power gets stronger. BTD6_Maker was kinda the numbers guy behind this game. He made sure that there are no game breaking strategies that can be taken advantage of. He also came up with many idea's and did troubleshooting to make sure it wasn't going to be as swingy as the original. LicketyQuickety is someone who, as a mod, wants Scum hunting to be front and center in his games. BTD6_Maker also feels this way. With this in mind, the game is made to not really be solvable through claims alone. Simply stated, there is potential for a lot of false positives. Just remember that your result prolly won't clear anyone unless under specific circumstances. That said, claiming prolly isn't a good idea in this game, though it might be pliable in late late game.

Game Rules
  1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage, but only in the PT specified in your role PM.
  3. Private Topics will be released after the game ends. Do not post anything that you do not want revealed after the game ends. All rules still apply in PTs unless explicitly mentioned
    (for example, in Mafia PTs you may quote private Moderator-supplied information).
  4. You are forbidden from talking about any other ongoing games in any thread.
  5. Do not edit posts, even if you have the power to do so. If a post needs editing (e.g. incorrect tags or a duplicate post) tell me and I will do it.
  6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. I may also ban you from my future games for a period of time, in which case I will also notify the List Mod.
  7. Provable randomness is not permitted. You will not be allowed to use the dice tags.
  8. All normal Mafia rules apply. These rules can be found here.

9. Follow the spirit of the rules. Using loopholes to get past the rules will be treated on a case-by-case basis. Likewise, pretending to break the rules, threatening to break the rules, or encouraging others to break the rules will be treated as a rule violation.
Mechanics
  1. Groups
    1. Players are put into 1 of 3 Groups at the start of the game.
    2. There is a main Town Power Role put into every group, a Goon put into every group and a Traitor Power Role put into each group. There are also 4 VTs put into each Group.
    3. When both Mafia members are Lynched from a Group, That group will disperse and will be reorganized. Remaining Town roles will be organized into the new Group(s) as evenly as possible via RNG. This happens every time the Mafia members are lynched from a Group.
    4. When all the Mafia have been lynched from 2 Groups, they will merge into one Group and game will then play as normal unless Mafia choose to forfeit, in which case, Town has won.
  2. Game Phases
    1. There are 3 Phases of the game: Day Phase I (DPI), Day Phase II (DPII) and Night Phase (NP)
    2. DPI is 7 real life days. This Phase is for picking what Group to Lynch from.
    3. DPII is 7 real life days. This Phase is for players to decide who to lynch from the group that was chosen in DPI.
    4. NP is 2 real life days (48 hours). This Phase is for Night Actions if you have any.
  3. Conditions
    1. Mafia must Night Kill from the previous DPI group that was chosen. If a Group was not chosen in DPI, then Day ends at the deadline that was made for DPI and Mafia can then NK anyone of their choosing. The group that was chosen in DPI, cannot vote in DPII.
    2. If a Group is chosen in DPI before deadline is up, that time will be added to DPII effective immediately upon a majority in DPI
    3. For DPI and DPII, Voting is decided by simple majority (>50%) of people who are able to vote.
    4. If a Goon is lynched Mafia can kill outside that group but only if it couldn't lead to an immediate win. All other Night Actions besides Night Kills proceed as normal, meaning anyone with a Night Action may choose to use their ability on anyone of their choosing, unless your role specifies otherwise.
  4. Miscellaneous
    1. I reserve the right to extend Phases at my discretion
    2. Players may post until I do a final vote count and close the thread for that Game Day and post the flip
    3. Night Actions must be in 1 hour before Start of Day. If you wish to do no action, nothing is necessary from you. If I do not get a Night Action in 1 hour before Start of Day, you forfeit your ability that Night.
    4. Once a player is dead, they are no longer allowed to post in the thread until the game is over
    5. Please
      BOLD
      public requests and public questions to me and put "
      @Mod
      " or a rendition of my name that I can understand at the beginning of the post so I know that you have a request/question for me. For all other questions/requests that are not public, PM me.
    6. Vote counts will be done regularly
    7. I will deal with rule breakers at my discretion, which I may talk to someone more qualified than myself about the offense. This ranges from a warning to a force replace to a mod-kill.
    8. Blue
      is my color, do not use it
Activity
  • Don't post too much; don't post too little. If it gets out of hand, we will take further action.
  • Mark yourself as V/LA if you are unable to make the posting commitment after starting the game and let me know via PM
  • If your V/LA is unreasonable, I may look for a replacement
Roles

Spoiler: Roles:
Welcome to Surreptitious II: Secrecy and Misdirection

You are
Vanilla Townie
aligned with
Town

You have no special abilities.

You win when the
Mafia
have been eliminated and there is at least 1
Town
member left alive.

Game thread is Here [Link].

You are
Town Secret Agent
aligned with
Town

During the Night, your abilities are conditional.
  • If there are 7 or more players in your Group, you can target a player at Night and receive a list of players who performed an action on a player and a list of players who were targeted by that player, but not what the actions were. Essentially, you both Track and Watch your target.
  • If there are 5-6 players in your Group, you can target a player at Night to learn if they have a gun in flavor. The roles which have guns are Mafia Goons and Town Power Roles.
  • If there is 4 or fewer players in your Group, you can determine, in some sense, whether a player has an ability that can kill another player. You will get a Guilty if targeting a Goon who can kill but doesn't on that night.
You win when all the
Mafia
have been eliminated and there is at least 1 Town member left alive.

You are
Mafia Secret Agent
aligned with
Mafia

During the Night, your abilities are conditional.
  • If there are 7 or more players in your Group, you can choose one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action.
  • If there are 5-6 players in your Group, you can choose one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action and also stop all other Night actions from affecting them in any way simultaneously.
  • If there are 4 or fewer players in your Group, you can cause that target to investigate as the exact opposite of what they would have been. If you target the target of the Town Power Role that has 7 or more people in that group, then the results of that Town Power Role get interchanged with each other. Players who the PR's target targeted will be seen as targeting the PR's target, and vice versa (essentially swapping the Tracker results and the Watcher results).
You win when all the
Town
have been eliminated from a single Group or nothing can prevent this and there is at least 1
Mafia
member left alive.

You are
Mafia Goon
aligned with
Mafia

During the Night you can execute the Night Kill.

You may talk to your teammates any time the Mafia Chat is open. Mafia Chat can be found Here [Link].

You win when all the
Town
have been eliminated from a single Group or nothing can prevent this and there is at least 1
Mafia
member left alive.

Miscellaneous

1. This game requires that you have 3 completed games on site.
  2. WOTC is in effect.
  3. Don't post too much; don't post too little. There is no set rule for this (beyond this one), but if it gets out of hand, we will take further action.
  4. V/LA is perfectly acceptable, but if your V/LA is unreasonable, I may look for a replacement

Signups:
    1. Majiffy
    2. Thor665
    3. vonflare
    4. checkersman7
    5. Assemblerotws
    6. RachMarie
    7. Elliberetta
    8. ConManMick
    9. Bulbazak
    10. Mikan Tsukumi
    11. Rautherdir
    12. SnarkySnowman
    13. Transcend
    14. WhyMafia
    15. ActionDan
    16. Creature
    17. Ginngie
    18. momo
    19. EddieFenix
    20. Desperado
    21. Lil Uzi Vert
    !
    = need to confirm Pre-In

Replacements:
    1. mhsmith0
    2. Ramcius

Last edited by Surreptitious on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:19 am, edited 28 times in total.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:40 am

Post by vonflare »

/confirm prein
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

/forsooth!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by vonflare »

oh, hi Thor. I think I've played with you once before
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Your name rings familiar, so I suspect we have.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Confirming bruh
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

CMM is actually playing mafia? :o
GTKAS
| here.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Majiffy asked me nicely so I dug out my rope
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

/confirm
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol, I didn't want to play. Kinda wanna play with Thor though so I'll think about it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

/in
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

Why is it II not III
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Surreptitious
Surreptitious
Townie
Surreptitious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by Surreptitious »

In post 11, Randomnamechange wrote:Why is it II not III
Because its the second of the series under the name Surreptitious.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:37 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

/in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

/out
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:39 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 14, Nero Cain wrote:/out
:(
Surreptitious
Surreptitious
Townie
Surreptitious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Surreptitious »

Let me know if there is something you don't understand about the setup guys. But before you ask, you might want to look at the link I provided to the original.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Rautherdir »

About time for me to play a game again, I think.

/in
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Transcend »

:thinking:
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by ConManMick »

You love playing with me Transcend
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by RachMarie »

/confoim my pre-in
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by vonflare »

waow rach is playing too haven't seen her in a long time
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

gonna have to

/out

altho it sure is tempting to torture both majiffy and thorella in the same.

I just have too much going on rn
whew!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

But we'll miss your claims of knowing my meta while claiming I always do things I never do ;)
Plus, with Majiffy in a game I always suddenly seem very reasonable by contrast.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:53 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 23, Thor665 wrote:But we'll miss your claims of knowing my meta while claiming I always do things I never do ;)
Plus, with Majiffy in a game I always suddenly seem very reasonable by contrast.
I will miss our page arguments over how to spell occam's razor. *sigh*

I have missed you thorella <3

(and touche on majiffy, lol)
whew!

Return to “Completed Signups”