Rocky Horror Picture Show - (PM to replace OR observe!)

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games. Read about how our signups work here.
Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #50  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:05 pm

In post 49, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:/in



Sorry, I meant to say, "confirm". :oops:

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #51  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:13 pm

makes no real difference :þ

ok, it looks like the other 2 pre-/ins aren't going to be able to play

so we're at 22/24!
balance among all things

Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #52  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 pm

/in!
Garlic is the spice of life.
GTKAS

(expired on 2019-03-15 23:46:21)

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #53  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 pm

*shivers with antici-*
balance among all things

Ms Columbo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 28, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #54  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am

In post 53, drealmerz7 wrote:*shivers with antici-*


pation :]

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #55  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 am

*starts dancing around in fishnets trying to attract a final player*

think this will work?

*strutstrut backandforth*'

(ohcrap now we'll never get a 24th)

really though this has filled super-fast I figure a 24th will be along in the next day or so

*starts handing out party hats and noise makers*
balance among all things

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #56  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:43 pm

@drealmerz: Is the cult immunity for the rest of the game? What happens if you make a current cultist(or even the cult leader) recruit immune?
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #57  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:17 pm

do note that during the game I won't answer questions posed to me in the thread

Yes, the immunity is permanent and becomes in-effect the moment the majority vote is placed - any player voted to majority, even if they are unable to be given immunity due to any reason (which includes the cult leader and players already recruited), will cause the game to switch to the Pause state, triggering the queue of actions submitted during Play to resolve in order.

This means if playerA is a cult leader and submits the action to recruit playerX on 12:00pm Oct.1, 2020 and the majority vote for immunity is placed on playerX 12:01pm Oct.1, 2020, the vote will cause the game to go into the Pause state, but (assume nothing in the queue prior to 12:00 interferes with playerA) the recruitment will happen before the immunization and therefor the immunization will be void.

This means nothing happens to a cult leader or cultist if they are voted to immunity, but there is no indication of if the vote is effective or not.

There is a limited # of times players may be voted to immunity, but that # is hidden due to the fact that the information could be used to track. This means that, likely, at a certain point the vote for immunity mechanic will no longer be ieffective but I will not take it out of the game so there is no indication of the pace of effective immunization.
balance among all things

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #58  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:29 pm

In post 57, drealmerz7 wrote:do note that during the game I won't answer questions posed to me in the thread

Yes, the immunity is permanent and becomes in-effect the moment the majority vote is placed - any player voted to majority, even if they are unable to be given immunity due to any reason (which includes the cult leader and players already recruited), will cause the game to switch to the Pause state, triggering the queue of actions submitted during Play to resolve in order.

This means if playerA is a cult leader and submits the action to recruit playerX on 12:00pm Oct.1, 2020 and the majority vote for immunity is placed on playerX 12:01pm Oct.1, 2020, the vote will cause the game to go into the Pause state, but (assume nothing in the queue prior to 12:00 interferes with playerA) the recruitment will happen before the immunization and therefor the immunization will be void.

This means nothing happens to a cult leader or cultist if they are voted to immunity, but there is no indication of if the vote is effective or not.

There is a limited # of times players may be voted to immunity, but that # is hidden due to the fact that the information could be used to track. This means that, likely, at a certain point the vote for immunity mechanic will no longer be ieffective but I will not take it out of the game so there is no indication of the pace of effective immunization.


Cool. If someone who can't be granted immunity, such as a cultist, is voted for, will that count towards the number of immunities which can be granted via the voting mechanic?
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

James Brafin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 04, 2017
Location: Here, There, and Everywhere
Pronoun: He

Post Post #59  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:09 pm

/out
Too busy. Sorry, dudes.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it's called the present. -- Master Ugwe
R2D is always in signups! Link here: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=75858
Get to know a handsome potato: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837

Boonskiies
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #60  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 pm

/in. Might even post a picture of when I was performing in a Rocky Horrow Show, (non shadow casting, all theatre)
GTKAS
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
"Though Boon is the best town player I've ever seen so far." - keyenpeydee
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. Yes, I would do that as town.

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #61  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:31 pm

In post 58, Cerberus v666 wrote:If someone who can't be granted immunity, such as a cultist, is voted for, will that count towards the number of immunities which can be granted via the voting mechanic?

nope, it's a hard value of "x# immunized players permitted" (do note that this value changes based on the # of players at the start of the game)
balance among all things

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #62  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 pm

In post 60, Boonskiies wrote:/in. Might even post a picture of when I was performing in a Rocky Horrow Show, (non shadow casting, all theatre)

awesome!
balance among all things

Inferno390
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 03, 2017
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass
Pronoun: He

Post Post #63  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:04 pm

In post 57, drealmerz7 wrote:Yes, the immunity is permanent and becomes in-effect the moment the majority vote is placed - any player voted to majority, even if they are unable to be given immunity due to any reason (which includes the cult leader and players already recruited), will cause the game to switch to the Pause state, triggering the queue of actions submitted during Play to resolve in order.


So if you become immune, it lasts the rest of the game? And you submit actions during the "day phase," so to speak?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL
“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion
Inferno390 GTKAS
Mafiascum Moderator Society

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #64  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:10 pm

In post 63, Inferno390 wrote:1.) So if you become immune, it lasts the rest of the game? 2.) And you submit actions during the "day phase," so to speak?

1.) yes

2.) during the "Play" state - the state will be clearly denoted in the topic title - be sure the check the game-specific mechanics in the OP and keep asking questions if needed to make sure you have it clear
balance among all things

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #65  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 pm

Is there still 1 more slot?

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #66  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:44 pm

yup!
balance among all things

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #67  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:45 pm

/in

Inferno390
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 03, 2017
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass
Pronoun: He

Post Post #68  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:45 pm

So the Play state is sort of like the day phase, where we all vote for the immunized, while the Pause phase is like the night phase, where actions resolve in the order they were submitted in the Play phase.

So, uh, what are the cult/town victory conditions?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL
“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion
Inferno390 GTKAS
Mafiascum Moderator Society

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #69  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:51 pm

In post 68, Inferno390 wrote:So the Play state is sort of like the day phase, where we all vote for the immunized, while the Pause phase is like the night phase, where actions resolve in the order they were submitted in the Play phase.

So, uh, what are the cult/town victory conditions?

I think you've got it!

in order for a faction to win they must outnumber all other factions with no possibility of being overcome in #
balance among all things

drealmerz7
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 09, 2016
Location: earth
Pronoun: He

Post Post #70  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:53 pm



shall we?
balance among all things

Inferno390
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 03, 2017
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass
Pronoun: He

Post Post #71  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 pm

And so it begins...


Last bumped by drealmerz7 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 pm.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL
“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion
Inferno390 GTKAS
Mafiascum Moderator Society

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Queue