Raw, Unfiltered, UPICK (14/14)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Raw, Unfiltered, UPICK (14/14)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Backup-mod: Alisae
Reviewer: Alisae

My second UPick, and the third and potentially final game in a series of games tied loosely together by a single narrative, henceforth dubbed the Ordeals of Gamma.

Playerlist
  1. Jake The Wolfie
  2. Vaxkiller
  3. Flea the Magician
  4. Fidget
  5. Porkens
  6. Turin Turambar
  7. Marky Mark
  8. Venus Mars and Pluto (Nancy Draw 39 + Auro + Shiro)
  9. Grendel
  10. Guillotina
  11. Uncrowned
  12. chkflip
  13. Not Known 15
  14. cassowary
The Rules
  1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    Teal
    ; avoid using it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself yeeted if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread. Saying something has to do with ongoing games and leaving it at that is fine, though excessive use of this may result in a warning.
  5. Images and GIFs
    - I have no qualms with them being posted, but if there’s sensitive content or if it’s especially large I request you put it in a spoiler= tag.
  6. Tiny text
    - is awful to read, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  9. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay. Shared reminiscence as breadcrumbing blurs the line, so be careful with it.
  10. Confirmation
    - You have about 48 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 will last 14 days. All day phases will last 10 days from then until <9 players are alive, at which point they will last 8 days. If a kill happens in the middle of the day, the deadline will be restored to the appropriate measure (14 days on D1, or whatever is correct for the current number of living players on following days). Extensions may be granted if there are replacements or other reasonable circumstances that necessitate an extension. Not using discussion time efficiently is not a valid reason.
  12. Activity and Replacing Out
    - You must post at least once every 48 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you were prodded and haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
    When it comes to replacing out by choice, please PM me requesting to do so. You may replace back in if I have not found a suitable replacement, but if I believe you are abusing this I may reject it. Do not constantly request to replace out and then change your mind, or you will end up blacklisted from future games I mod.
  13. Angleshooting
    - angleshooting may not be disciplined, but it is inadvised. I will attempt to police any hostile interactions based on the in-thread contents and not the contents of the Role PMs of the offenders. Please also avoid speculating about the legitimacy of IRL circumstances, especially in regards to replacing out. However, if the replace out speculation happens to involve game events, it will likely be left alone, as due to the game-bending nature of replace outs some leniency must be allowed in this regard.
  14. Trust Tells
    - If you're behaving in a way that could be perceived as trust telling I will likely try to warn you first, but beyond that I will take whatever action I deem necessary. Any communication regarding this should be handled in private; trying to drag private communications regarding this into the thread may result in harsh retribution.
  15. Vacation/Limited Access
    - If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 72 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 7 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  16. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  17. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  18. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Gamma Emerald or
    Vote: Gamma Emerald
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v] Gamma Emerald[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv] Gamma Emerald[
    /uv] to unvote.
  19. Yeeting
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to yeet somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote to no yeet/abstain, the day will end with an abstention from yeeting. At evens, 50% is sufficient for an abstain.
  20. The L-word.
    - While players are still allowed to use the L-word, in order to make it easier to interface with player posts if the need arises, please refrain from using it. I will not be enforcing this rule, it just exists to remind you. Suitable alternatives are eliminate, yeet, fade, etc. If you’re unaware of the issue in particular, review this topic.
  21. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  22. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  23. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM or any PT where your role is meant to be known to others in it (scum PT or a personal/hydra PT). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  24. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  25. Personal/Hydra PTs
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. Releasing these postgame is your prerogative, and to enable this all personal PTs will have mod rights given to the one who asked for it. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
    As for Hydra PTs, I will provide all hydras a PT at the start of the game. If you’d rather use discord, please use a server and add me so I can make sure no funny business occurs.
  26. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
As a final note, rules here are subject to change as needed.

The Setup
  1. This is a UPick. As such, when you /in you are expected to provide at least 1 flavor pick for me to design a role from. I’d like at least 3 from each slot, but I’ll take up to 5, replacing old submissions with new ones as they come in.
  2. Faction numbers are variable dependent on final game size. Expect the mafia team to comprise about 1/4 of the total players. There may be at least one third party, possibly two if the game is large enough (19+ is when I'll start considering that).
  3. While this game does involve non-random role distribution via the UPick aspect, don't expect anything crazy-bastard, like alignments changes (outside of a potential cult), or full on mod lies. This is meant to be a fun game and jerking players around isn't fun.
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 23 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Jsyk, while the exact date and time at which it happens may vary, I intend to close off sign-ups on December 20th assuming enough players are in by then. The actual game will not start until December 27th at the earliest, which gives me reasonable time to work on setup design and also averts the Christmas-time issue of lack of player activity I believe.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

/in
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

/in Flea the Magician from Chrono Trigger :cool:, Lavos Core from Chrono Trigger, Phazon from Metroid Prime, Azazel from Binding of Isaac, Lilith from Binding of Isaac

I have More Options if needed :3
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

picks should be submitted privately, but I'll take them in public if you want. But the general trend is to submit them via PM to the mod.
<Embrace The Void>

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

/confirm
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Oops, I can change them up ^_^ I was looking through where to submit them and it didn't say where
That Slime Collective
That Slime Collective
Ninja
That Slime Collective
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:04 am

Post by That Slime Collective »

/in

If we pick "Bed of Chaos", how likely are we to get "jester"?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

very unlikely, if you're openly gaming the system. I can't guarantee gaming the system in secret will fare better, but I'm more likely to actively give you a role to mess with you if you try to aim for something in particular. It's easier to subvert the expectations of someone who makes their expectations known.
<Embrace The Void>

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Porkens »

/in
Fundamental Theorem
Fundamental Theorem
Goon
Fundamental Theorem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Fundamental Theorem »

/in
The Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic states that every integer greater than one can be expressed as a unique (up to ordering) product of primes.
Fundamental Theorem
Fundamental Theorem
Goon
Fundamental Theorem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Fundamental Theorem »

On second thought, /out

This starts a bit late and I'd rather not have to juggle classes and mafia if I can help it.
The Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic states that every integer greater than one can be expressed as a unique (up to ordering) product of primes.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

/in :P
GTKAS
| here.
Turin Turambar
Turin Turambar
Townie
Turin Turambar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Turin Turambar »

Hi.

/in

Bye. :P
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Yeah sounds like a good laugh - /in

Kinda new to upicks - are my picks each supposed to be from different topics/themes?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You can pick from the same source or different sources, anything works.
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 15, Gamma Emerald wrote:You can pick from the same source or different sources, anything works.
So we can combine fiction with real life?
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

I didn't realise 3p hydras were a thing :O It's hard enough to pick alignment when you constantly have two players switching in and out lol
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 17, Marky Mark wrote:I didn't realise 3p hydras were a thing :O It's hard enough to pick alignment when you constantly have two players switching in and out lol
I’ve been in 5.
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Don Draper x Mistress »

/in
Hydra of Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Auro »

Confirm!
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Venus Mars and Pluto »

Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Don Draper x Mistress »

Hydra of Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 20, Auro wrote:
Confirm!
stoked
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:26 am

Post by shellyc »

/in
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.

Return to “Completed Signups”