Playground Mafia (24/24): Need 3 Replacements!

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:03 am

Post by NihilisticNinja »

/in (Not PM'd, but looking at the player list, would love to play)
NihilisticNinja is town.

I will no longer be a complete and utter hyperactive douche.
NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:30 am

In post 128, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 127, NihilisticNinja wrote:/in (Not PM'd, but looking at the player list, would love to play)

You're sure you want to fight this fight, Battler?

Oh, it is so on, Lamda.

Problem is, I don't know what I was thinking with the Battler avatar. Does not fit my personality at ALL. Nah, this one is much more apropos.
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:53 am

In post 130, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh I'm sure there are better Bern avvys then that~.

Besides,
my victory is certain

Touche mademoiselle. Truly, I just looked at the first 100x100 pic I could find. Like this one a bit more, but most of the nice pictures are simply too large.

Also, bad Lambda! No abusing the red before we've even see our role PMs!
I was going to not RV you out of respect for your username too.

We're totally going to be the same alignment after this.
And hilarity will most certainly ensue.
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:47 pm

In post 134, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:(Besides, it's not like you're a big fan of Knox's Decalogue either)

Fair enough. Although outdated (and at times disagree with them), I do find van Dine's rules more elegant and less generalized. But then, let's not turn this into an Umineko discussion thread. We can do that to the actual game. :wink:
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:19 pm

In post 143, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 132, NihilisticNinja wrote:Also, bad Lambda! No abusing the red before we've even see our role PMs!
I was going to not RV you out of respect for your username too.

We're totally going to be the same alignment after this.
And hilarity will most certainly ensue.

Relevant.

Just a heads up, might want to check how your mod feels about it. As this right here is bad enough as you're already making an out of game agreement (however minor) but using it in game without clearing it with your mod first could lead to undesirable outcomes.

Oh, no no. There is absolutely no agreement here. It has absolutely nothing to do with in-game. I'd actually almost forgotten about that post until you brought it up. Pretty much everything posted in this conversation was pure joke on my part (hence the referential colored text). I'd never intended to RV her based on her username (actually, that was the first time it even crossed my mind), if that is the part you are referring to. The only reason I even said the latter was due to the fact that statistically there is a greater likelihood a player ends up with a town role than an anti-town role, thus there is a very solid chance that we would both end up townies. Which given our pseudo-antagonistic relationship pre-game, would be rather humorous.

I'm not sure exactly where the "Trust Tell" comes in here. Are you implying that if we're both scum, I would not play with Lambda to my greatest ability? Because that was never my intent. Or are you implying that I would assume that if I was town, then she was town too? Because that would be equally silly. The statistical probability that she would be town is equal to the probability that anybody else is, tells and role info aside. Of course, although I understood the basics of the Trust Tell as stated by Oversoul, I hadn't actually heard of it before. So if there is more to it that I missed, please let me know.

That said, I'm completely aware that none of you are able to read my mind- I hope that from the context the moderators can judge that I was merely having fun. If they can not, and do not consider my explanation valid, I am happy to bow out of this game, and will apologize for my post generating such a misunderstanding.
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:30 pm

In post 146, TheButtonmen wrote:My post was just a heads up about the use of red text without checking how your mod feels about it because as that thread shows there's fairly large subset of mods who consider it cheating and will drop a modkill on you for using it.

Oh, it's the red? Ah, my apologies. For the record, I believe that Lambda used it to, but I haven't actually checked the convo. It was merely referential humor, and not intended as anything related to in-game. I will refrain from using actual red text in the future, I was sincerely unaware that that was a taboo among certain moderators. Thanks for said heads up.

Red Truth, just in case anyone thinks I'm making all this up.

Again, apologies for the misunderstanding that this has generated. It was all meant in good fun, but I can absolutely understand why one would get confused. And I didn't mean to come across as offended so much as just confused. Again, sorry if I came across that way.
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:32 pm

In post 148, Kublai Khan wrote:Great. Now if NihilisticNinja doesn't RV for Lamba, then we know he's scum abusing a trust tell. And if he does RV Lamba, then we know he's scum trying to blend in.

Thanks, Buttons! Way to ruin a game you're not even playing (sign up to replace).

I was actually interested in playing this game, but if it will now damage the entertainment/playing of anybody involved, I'm happy to /out and having buttons take my place. I sincerely feel guilty for generating this huge misunderstanding. :cry:
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Heh. Sorry, get a bit sensitive when I think I'm at fault, and am able to misconstrue online text at the best of times. Cheers then. Also, yes. In-game, MAFIA IS SRS BSNSS.

(In order to completely confuse the mod, I'll just say that it was an unofficial /out until somebody clarified that their enjoyment was hampered. But if I need to, /in again.)

I don't think that Benmage is actually in the game yet; I think the slots filled up before he could /in. If not though, 'tis a shame. I had actually looked at your meta and I like your playstyle, different as it is from mine.
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:13 pm

In post 171, vijay2vasandani wrote:Did I miss my role pm or something? How are we arguing already?

FOS: vijay, redFF
. Clearly active lurking.

In post 169, Junpei wrote:
pedit: No need to get angry at LLD for advocating a point of view that you disagree with, Button, please stop that. LLD didn't lie, she did say something a little ambiguous, but harmless all the same. I think you made your point Button to NihilisticNinja with the link; no more is needed, NN is a person and doesn't need sheltering.

I'll have you know, sir, that I am a delicate flower that needs constant protection! In fact, I'm currently living in an underground bunker so as to isolate myself from the evils of the outside world as much as possible. But seriously, point made. Argument done. Kthnx.

In other news: Lambdadelta, would you prefer I called you LLD, or is Lambda acceptable?
NihilisticNinja is town.

NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:40 pm

In post 190, drmyshotgun wrote:No role PMs yet?

That is a negatory, captain. Either Peregrine hasn't logged in yet, or he's still verifying.
NihilisticNinja is town.

Return to “Completed Signups”