I love the 90's Cartoon Mafia - replacement / spectate

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

/in :D
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:39 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 172, BabyBlue wrote:There are 24 players in this game. If I respond to a question asked by each one of them at separate intervals, that is 24 posts right there. Then there's voting, arguing, counter-arguing, defending myself, and so on. And in a game with Matt and Aru? I mean, how am I supposed to play? I'm going to actively be pushed for the lynch, and no one is going to put any value on a word I say, and I can't even make the posts to defend myself?

BB, I'm not sure the 30 post issue will be a problem. If it is for you, however, follow this advice:

1) Post your first post in thread.
2) Wait at least 5 posts to post something. If you have something to reply to in all of those posts, then compile it all into one large post. The chances of us going through 150 posts in one RL day are slim. However, if we do, once you start reaching your upper limit, make your posts less frequent. Maybe post like 1 every 7 posts.
3) Maybe if there aren't a lot of posts that day but you're still afraid you'll reach 30, give yourself a time limit. E.g, only posting once every half hour or something. That could be another thing you can do.
4) Do you post fluff posts? If so, I'd cut that out. Gathering from your posts in thread though, I'd assume you don't.

Does this advice help? I understand that some people are ganging up on you, but not everyone is out to get you.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 190, BabyBlue wrote:Last, I do try to do that, but it doesn't work. And it doesn't have to be everyone. All it takes is one or two people. And again, this game has nearly as many players as we are allowed posts.

It does though.

Believe me, I know that nagging feeling to respond to something directed to you, or to be the first person to jump on something scummy. But sometimes you've gotta know when you're posting too much and bogging down the thread.

If it makes you feel better, open up wordpad and copy and paste the post. Then respond to it. That way that nagging feeling to post is satisfied, but you aren't bogging down the thread. Once you've waited for five posts, or waited your time limit, or whatever, post your responses.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 196, BabyBlue wrote:Last, I have done all those things, but it doesn't change my post count. Have you read any of the two games I've been in?

Nope. However, it doesn't look like you were doing the "5 post, time limit" thing in one of them.

I advise trying to follow my advice in this game.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Arugula's actually right.

Again, just follow my advice BB. I don't think you've tried it in your games from the one game I read.

If you don't at least attempt to follow my advice, then I'll have no sympathy if you get modkilled for going over 30 posts a day thrice.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 223, BabyBlue wrote:Not for me, there isn't. If I drop out, I don't get to play anything else.

How does this work?
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 239, BabyBlue wrote:Then it's a shame that's what you say, NS.

Rules will never change unless people stand against them. Being able to post IS a right, so longer as you are a member. Denying us such a basic right and demanding we not play the game to the best of our ability is wrong.

Unfortunately, no one's going to stand with you because we all think the rule's reasonable.

Games aren't a democracy. None of us voted on the rule. None of us can stand against it. The only way you can protest is leaving - and it'd be such a shame if you left.

Return to “Completed Signups”