The Dresden Files - Early Days Mafia! Replacements welcome!

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I will be playing this game. And since everyone knows I'm the most intelligent player on the site, I will clearly be playing the role of Bob, who will probably have the win condition of...ahem...never mind.

Be aware that, since this is a bastard game, I'll likely tone down my "mafia mask" and enjoy this game a bit more in my actual personality. So don't be surprised if I'm not exactly the same guy you've played with before.

And oh dear God. I've feared the day I'd play a game with GreyICE. I've been called by your name more times than I can count (since I can only count to potato). This may be just as bastardly as the mod's ruleset.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Post by ICEninja »

And whoa, there are a lot of pokemon in this game.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am

Post by ICEninja »

^ That was a reference to Chauncey, not Toot.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 am

Post by ICEninja »

Several critical characters (who WILL be in this game, certainly) are introduced in the 3rd book. Get cracking, you've got a couple weeks to read 2 books.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Vi wrote:
To be fair several critical characters are introduced in all three of these books. :shifty: You can't really miss one for this Theme.

Several? Billy is the only one that comes to mind as a character with any significance at all for the second one, while you've got 2 vampires, a knight templar, and his family that all play significant roles throughout the series for the 3rd book. After the 3rd, while new characters are introduced (someone who only read the first 3 won't have a clue who Mouse, Laura, Madrigal, Lucio, Ebenezer, a few others are) they're introduced slower and fewer of them have long term impacts like those you meet in the first 3. For example while you meet several new characters in the 4th book, Mab is probably the only one worth knowing for the purpose of this game. And it's typically 0 or 1 after book 5.

Actually, scratch everything I said earlier. You need to read up to book 5. Too many new players get introduced then to miss it.

While I'd obviously recommend everyone to read the whole damn series as things only get better and more intense as the series goes on, for the purpose of playing this game and knowing who the characters are and what the game mechanics are, I'd really urge everyone to take the MINIMUM effort of reading up to book 3, and to take this game seriously book 5.

A quick mental scan of the series brings to mind 16 characters that I would expect to see in this game, and about 10 or so likely fillers of the last 3 slots. Of said 16, 7 are introduced in the first, 11 by the 3rd, and 13 by the 5th. However, 5 of my "likely fillers" are introduced from the 3rd to 5th.

And I'm almost certain that I'm forgetting about very significant people.

I'm actually going to hold on to this list (and probably revise it before the game starts) and see how accurate I was come endgame and every role is revealed.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Tierce wrote:
This game is about books 1-3, ICEninja.