Trouble in The Cougar's Den (Game over!)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #71 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Plotinus »

Gnomeo and I should replace in once it gets down to 9 alive.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #75 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Plotinus »

hey Cerberus!

I can only handle one large at a time; my playstyle takes forever. + replacing in means i don't have to sit through 100 page day 1 in real time and I can scope a game out to see whether my presence will improve the game state or not. Some games when I scope them out I determine "thank goodness this is somebody else's problem to solve." These days I only replace in if my reaction is more along the lines of "someone is being wrong on the internet and I want to convince people that I'm being right on the internet!"

Radja (under his public alt gnomeo) and I were scum together in Panther and herrcombs first newbie game so I probably won't be able to resist replacing in at some point but I'm being careful not to overcommit myself. If everything I'm preinned for started right now I'd be overextended.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Plotinus »

Thanks, Drixx. That means a lot to me. I was so new back then, all shiny and excited about mafia still. I only had one completed newbie game when I replaced in, and I was new to mafia, not just to the site. I did literally everything I could think of to find scum and to show them I was town and towards the end of it there was a couple weeks that I couldn't look at the thread without crying because I didn't know what else to do and I felt like I was letting everyone down. And since then people expect me to play day 1 like
that
which of course is beyond my ability.

I'm happier if I can skip ahead to the part where I know how to actually play, and I'll probably do that this game because one large at a time is plenty for me.

I skimmed steven universe while it was ongoing; you guys were pretty great!

Return to “Completed Signups”