PSA - Replacement Order

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

PSA - Replacement Order

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:42 am

Post by zoraster »

PSAThis is a public service announcement from your friendly listmods that replacements from the same game should be replaced in the order in which they were replaced out (whether from request or forced replacement). Furthermore, players do not get a choice in who they replace if there is more than one option, and they absolutely may never be told the alignment or other role information of a player before replacing in.

Thank you all.

As with most rules, this may be overridden by a specific theme game rule, but this may not be done retroactively, and exceptions do not apply to Normal or Open games.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:34 am

Post by reinoe »

Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 am

Post by kabooooom »

But don't you think that this will reduce the overall numbers of players willing to replace in games?

take me for an example, before /in in any game i first check if there are any games who needs replacements, but i only replace if its only like around 10 pages. If the game is intresting then i don't mind around 20 pages. But more then that, and i wont join. Because it becomes hard to catchup and play at the same time. There are players who would replace into games which have over 100 pages but not many.

there is a possibility that a game over 100 pages needs a replacement but there are no players wiling to replace, meanwhile other games who needs a replacement are just 10, 30, 50 or so and players are willing to replace in those games but that cant because first the game with 100 pages needs a replacement. Now the players in the other games are waiting needlessly, because there are players willing to join them but they cant. It basically becomes a problem for players in game, those mods who are seeking replacements, and those players who are willing to replace.

i would suggest that make a queue for players willing to replace. In that queue, players have to write a limit and they cant replace into games which has more pages then that limit.

for example, if i add myself in queue and i set a limit of 20 pages +-5 paged, then i cant replace into games which has 25 pages or more, just games with less than 25 pages.

this way players who are willing to replace into games will write the max numbers of pages they can handle. because if they try to set minimum number of page limit, there is a good chance a game with intresting setup or intresting player list goes from their hands. So they will set max number of page limit.

just my 2 cents.

however i can be wrong, there maybe many players interested in replacing games with too many pages.
Nothing to see here, move on! :P
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 am

Post by kabooooom »

But don't you think that this will reduce the overall numbers of players willing to replace in games?

take me for an example, before /in in any game i first check if there are any games who needs replacements, but i only replace if its only like around 10 pages. If the game is intresting then i don't mind around 20 pages. But more then that, and i wont join. Because it becomes hard to catchup and play at the same time. There are players who would replace into games which have over 100 pages but not many.

there is a possibility that a game over 100 pages needs a replacement but there are no players wiling to replace, meanwhile other games who needs a replacement are just 10, 30, 50 or so and players are willing to replace in those games but that cant because first the game with 100 pages needs a replacement. Now the players in the other games are waiting needlessly, because there are players willing to join them but they cant. It basically becomes a problem for players in game, those mods who are seeking replacements, and those players who are willing to replace.

i would suggest that make a queue for players willing to replace. In that queue, players have to write a limit and they cant replace into games which has more pages then that limit.

for example, if i add myself in queue and i set a limit of 20 pages +-5 paged, then i cant replace into games which has 25 pages or more, just games with less than 25 pages.

this way players who are willing to replace into games will write the max numbers of pages they can handle. because if they try to set minimum number of page limit, there is a good chance a game with intresting setup or intresting player list goes from their hands. So they will set max number of page limit.

just my 2 cents.

however i can be wrong, there maybe many players interested in replacing games with too many pages.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 am

Post by kabooooom »

Oops
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Xalxe »

kaboooooooooom, that's not what was meant, though I certainly understand your issue. The Jades are saying that if multiple players
in the same game
need replaced, then you have to replace them in the order the slots needed replaced. The mod can't say "Okay Xalxe, which slot would you like, this one that looks super-town and has claimed Bulletproof, or the guy who's at L-2?"
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:38 am

Post by kabooooom »

*face palm*

and thanks for explaining :)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by zoraster »

yeah. totally not trying to tell replacements what games they can play in. We just don't want people to be able to choose which slots to replace into the same game.

I can see how that can be confusing, so I've edited in a clarification.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Titus »

Slots should always be replaced in the order they replaced out. Sometimes it can be a surprise that a town slot could be scum and a perceived scum slot could be town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Konowa »

More concerned why this is even an issue?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 0, zoraster wrote:[...] it does not apply to Normal or Open games.
What? Why?
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 11, Toomai wrote:
In post 0, zoraster wrote:[...] it does not apply to Normal or Open games.
What? Why?

He means that allowing deviations from this rule in your ruleset cannot be done in Normals or Opens, only Themes.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I agree that it's the most optimal method of replacing, but mandating it?

Obviously a potential replacement should never be given alignment related info before the fact.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:35 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Not giving info, but if two people need replacement after not posting and one of them is at L-1 or L-2, even if he was posted earlier than the other one I'm still reaplcing that guy first.

I agree that no info should be given about alignment or role before they get their PM, but I think it's better if I can replace a player to make the game move forward than wait to find another replacement and maybe waste or two days.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Rob14 »

It's not really up to you. It's a mandated rule that replacements are handled in this way.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

To be fair, the announcement in post 0 says "should" as opposed to "must" -- therefore, I think a Moderator may/might/possibly have some discretion.

If not, that "should" ought to be changed to "must." (And yes, I saw the disclaimer regarding theme games.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Rob14 »

That disclaimer you mentioned specifically calls it a rule, so I'd assume it's a must. That's something that some clarification might help with, though.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:59 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 15, Rob14 wrote:It's not really up to you. It's a mandated rule that replacements are handled in this way.

I feel that as a moderator I'm the one that knows best what my game needs.
If I feel that the best way to keep the game moving is to replace the slot that's at L-1 instead of the lurker slot that might come back, I should be allowed to do that.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Rob14 »

As theory, that's interesting and possibly correct. I don't really wish to comment on what's best for games and who knows best; that's likely to just turn into a shitfest pretty quickly.

As for practical application, the listmods+ have created a site rule that must be followed by all moderators. Moderation is a privilege, not a right, and the site rules must be followed to keep that privilege.

Return to “Completed Signups”