UNI MUM Mafia (Upick, FULL, Setup underway)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

RC. You have no place here. Please leave. I just said we want to keep the crap out of this thread.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Dramonic, will you be linking to the neighborhood PTs?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

And I didn't mean that as an insult to you. I just mean your commentary is purely incendiary, so please spare us.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by dramonic »

Guys, I locked the main thread for a reason <_<
I'm not gonna kill this one too cuz you are having an (overall) fine convo, but stick to play/role/balance/whatever, not name calling.

Also you people are super boring Lucid Dreamers :[
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Sorry dramonic. I was boring too. :(
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey man, I didn't even think the role was real.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

um, I don't think ignoring the issue is a good thing. It should be talked about, though there are probably better avenues than the signup thread for it. That said, I don't really care since I can't be bothered making a MD thread or something to discuss this.

The idea that there is some imaginary "line" that is not OK to cross is fucking absurd to me. In the first place, mafia is a game where you tell other people they're wrong all the time and, while it could be argued that there is a good/nice way to do that, there is no good/nice way to do that where you're also going to convince the other person your argument is better than theirs, because at the end of the day, if two people think they're right about something which isn't objective, they're not going to come to an agreement by exchanging civilities (and exchanging civilities is probably the least charismatic thing person can do, which is not a good thing in mafia games anyway).

But even outside of mafia games, suggesting that there is a line that should not be crossed is just plain dumb for two reasons: (a) it suggests that there is a point to which it is OK to insult a person - and really, you should either be taking a hard stance on whether it is or isn't OK to put a person down, not some murky stance where it's OK but only if it happens in a certain way, and (b) where that line happens to be is COMPLETELY subjective - some people draw it at certain words, others don't even have a "line"... Also, I should clarify that I don't care if you think using "curse words" is not OK and using "civil" language is OK because there really is no difference in the message being conveyed just because you think you're taking the high ground by not using naughty language.

For example, there really is no objective difference between saying "that thought is completely absurd and i, for one, find your argument lacking" and "that's stupid" - they are both meant to convey the same thing, except that one is perceived by some to be less rude than the other. In reality, you should either not be putting someone down at all (i.e. not saying ANYTHING negative towards other people) or you should learn to fucking deal with it when it escalates. Likewise, it's not OK to call someone "dumb" or "stupid" and suggest that a line should be drawn at the word "retard" because you, personally, think it's a worse word to call someone and that's where your personal line is. And, for the record, you're still putting someone down when you call someone a "child" and shit like that and don't pretend that's OK either, just because you're not being explicitly rude about it (though I'd argue you are).

I think if you don't have a thick enough skin to either ignore insults or deal with them, then you probably shouldn't be playing a game of mafia. And I think that if you're OK with any form of insult, then you should be OK with any form of insult back. And, quite frankly. I think if you call someone a jerk or something like that and get knocked the fuck out, you deserved it.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by dramonic »

FFR, you are free to replace out and I will not hate you or whatever, but "If you don't modkill this player I'm replacing out" is a seriously fucked up demand and will be systematically replied to with force-replacements. If you have problems with a player and you can't talk with your mod about it without making it a threat, please consider how hard it is to find a replacement for 150+ page games and that modkills are really, really bad for game health.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by dramonic »

FFS =_=
I'm a hoot
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 128, dramonic wrote:
Guys, I locked the main thread for a reason <_<
I'm not gonna kill this one too cuz you are having an (overall) fine convo, but stick to play/role/balance/whatever, not name calling.

Also you people are super boring Lucid Dreamers :[

All imaginative town roles are cops or vigs. Vig cop too good man. Too good.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i actually think desperado isn't that good a role to dream up, compared to any others

i would not have killed a desperado. i find a vig a far bigger threat because it guarantees a second lynch
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yeah. RP has a valid point. I kept wanting to do something cool, but the only thing better than my masonize would have been some sort of enhanced version of it that had some additional effect, like the members of the masonry are bp while both are alive or something.

Pedit : a vig and a desperado both guarantee a second lynch.....
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

My role was so vague on what I could claim and not claim.
Like the whole "I can't vote anyone without someone asking me to vote for them"
Weird.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like I could learn two people's alignments. Or I could do other things. Hmmm... other things seems bad. Let's go with number 1.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I honestly thought I couldn't make any cases or give reads.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 136, Cerberus v666 wrote:Pedit : a vig and a desperado both guarantee a second lynch.....

indeed, but a vig isn't going to backfire and kill the person who shot (effectively getting rid of the vig for scum) - in the long run, a day vig is better
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

like the end result of a desperado that doesn't hit scum is a dead desperado and 1 conftown that can be killed

the end result of a day vig who isn't nightkilled is multiple second lynches until the day vig is dealt with

that's far better imo especially when there are other ways to confirm someone as town
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by dramonic »

Firebringer died because he literally submitted "Desperado Learned Hand" btw
I'm a hoot
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 142, dramonic wrote:
Firebringer died because he literally submitted "Desperado Learned Hand" btw

I didn't even know what a desperado does.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I sent like 4 different messages to you btw.
Show

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yeah, your role waa pretty sweet fb, but...it was basically mine minus the roleblocking I did/killing restriction, and with a buncha restrictions that sucked. :/

Zmuffin: Ah, fair enough. If we're giving out unlimited shots, vig is better, sure. I think we didn't even consider it might be infinite though. :p

Yeah, dram....that's what it looked like. *sigh* :p

Lol fb :/ ask more questions man. :( I guess with your role restriction I can see why you were uncertain about whether or not you could ask any questions.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 139, Firebringer wrote:I honestly thought I couldn't make any cases or give reads.

I wonder if Sharky thought the same. It would explain much
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I seriously said I have no idea what I was doing was.
I sent 4 different wordings of my action cause I had no idea what it was supposed to do.

I should have just said "Day Cop LH" instead.
>.>
Show

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

what was sharky's D1 submission
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Lol yeah. Well, it would have needed to be KC day cops LH. :) or else we'd be paranoid about trusting you.

Return to “Completed Signups”