Gistou: Signups (Game begins!)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

...So on this seventeenth page, we get the countdown: (expired on 2016-07-11 03:44:42).
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

UNSPOILED spectator thread ;) ;)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by mastin2 »

That's the default. (There is a spoiled one you can ask for!)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Computer_Cat
Computer_Cat
Townie
Computer_Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Computer_Cat »

hmmm

Still can't get the sig to show :(

Rach
Hydra of Ircher and RachMarie.
Computer_Cat
Computer_Cat
Townie
Computer_Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Computer_Cat »

whoops now it is showing but no tag links to our mains.

R
Hydra of Ircher and RachMarie.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 191, Drixx wrote:I obviously would like to be part of a 3-person hydra, and I think it should bring only upside in this case. Bins wanted to play but not alone because a game with this much interest and this many slots and the mechanics that we know about (let alone the stuff we won't know about) is pretty overwhelming. Cerb and I are basically indistinguishable from one another in approach. It can only be a good thing for us to learn from Bins.

I mean seriously ... imagine Cerb and I being able to be effective earlier in the game, as well as having more tools to use than just the various methods of rationality and applications of Bayes Theorem and our own particular chosen forms of decision theory. Imagine Cerberus and I able to get our point across convincing and succinctly.

I would think just that last bit would make half the player list cheer, LOL.

To me... I think Mastin should just decide because it's her game and if something goes wrong she has to handle it. Obviously numbers much higher have been hilariously bad in the past; however, I think there's only one or two hydras that want to have a 3rd person, and I think Cerb and I have shown that we aren't throwing out hydra dissonance and that we put in the effort and work so that we play seamlessly together as one slot without most of the problems people usually cite as reasons they oppose hydras in general.

And there's also Bins, who is a super pleasant person to play with, and the summaries and analysis that Cerberus and I do as the game progresses should be a pretty solid mechanism to help her keep from falling behind, while her approach to Mafia is something we could really stand to learn a lot from. Shoot... we could learn a lot from most of this player list.

I mean ... this player list is going to produce a LOT of posts. I can easily see this going 12,000+ posts.
I have a Town read on Drixx for this post.
In post 202, Nero Cain wrote:bro, players [on this site] don't want to replace into 100+ page games. I think I'm far from the only person that wants to not have to slog through a few hundred posts a day.
That's why I personally don't replace into games unless there is a very specific criteria... 100 pages is not one of them, try a tenth of that.
In post 236, House wrote:
In post 235, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 233, House wrote:
In post 211, Nero Cain wrote:yea b/c I obviously sit there and complain all the time. :roll:
You're certainly shitting up the thread with enough of it already, so I can believe that.
We've played together so not sure why you are pretending we haven't.
b/c I'm scum, obv.

Why aren't you voting me?
VOTE: House for Scum claim.
In post 247, mastin2 wrote:Okay, so...I did mull over the 3-headed hydra issue overnight, and ultimately, I decided to come to the following decision, since it seemed to be the best compromise addressing many of the concerns in play here.

I'm sorry if this leaves multiple people unhappy, but it's the decision I feel gives the most reasonable amount of both worlds, so this is my call:

I will allow the two three-headed hydras
However, this is
not
unconditional.
  1. While I'm holding all players to a higher standard, the first condition for the two three-headed hydras is that I am holding them to the
    highest
    standard. And NOT on the same subjective scale of "Bins+RR's higher standard is different than Salt Squad". I am going to make some players mad with this decision. Some may even out because of it! So I am expecting the absolute BEST behavior from BOTH of you. Be shining examples of what hydras should be.
  2. I will not allow any further 3-headed hydras
    . Yet alone, a 4-headed hydra. This should help address the concerns of the game becoming overwhelmingly a mess.
  3. Furthering this compromise,
    As of this post, no more hydras will be allowed in the game
    . Now, by that, I don't mean "only the players already definitely a hydra can be one". Errantparabola and LicketyQuickety both expressed interest in having a hydra partner. They will be permitted to have one. But I think that, to compensate for the risk of chaos that 3-headed hydras may bring, I should draw a line
    somewhere
    , and this seems to be the best place to make that call.
What I'm hoping this will accomplish, is to allow everyone who wants to play in a hydra, to have that option...while also addressing the concerns of those who don't like what 3-headed hydras bring. While I can't address concerns about "advantages" a hydra (yet alone, a 3-headed hydra) may or may not offer, this ruling should hopefully help to address the concerns on the chaos factor feared from 3-headed hydras, which was the main complaint I saw voiced about them. (If you have issues with the players within a hydra, again, you can either discuss it privately to me or voice your concerns publicly, which...a lot of you seem to be doing already. Work it out as much as possible right now.)

I'm sorry that I can't make everyone happy. I am open to discussion on this until the game begins, but as of this moment, this is my current executive decision. I gave it as much thought as I could, and this was the best option I could come up with to meet in the middle for both sides. Again, my sincere apologies if this is not the outcome you were hoping for.

I haven't heard from my would be partner. @Kuribo, how would you like to hydra with someone you know nothing about?
In post 288, Firebringer wrote:
In post 285, beeboy wrote:
In post 279, Firebringer wrote:
In post 277, dramonic wrote:Considering the players in those two 3 headed hydras, they need all the help they can get ;)
lol dram saying what we all secretly think :P
So evil.
Nah our hydra sucks and we are proud of it!
Get on my sucking level, I am 10x the sucker than you.
This is why I like Fire, such silly, much wow.
In post 316, Antihero wrote:hey can we like.... not be toxic in the fucking SIGN UP THREAD

that would be swell
This ^
In post 399, mastin2 wrote:So I'm still waiting on LicketyQuickety on whether he's gonna hydra or not, but I suppose that can wait. As long as I have an answer from him before the game begins (which will probably take 4-5 days), things should be fine; I can send a PM to him solo and resend it to a hydra later.
Since the timeline for starting was largely arbitrary, and the players seem to have fully settled in, I will begin game setup
6 hours from now

So, that's the cutoff for any more last-minute change of hearts. <3
Sorry, mastin. My would be partner hasn't contacted me. Looks like I'm going it alone unless kuribo or some other person who signed up to play wants to hydra with me.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 393, Titus wrote:I buy that. Just keep it civil, so will I. That includes not using the r word to insult. Thanks.

There is no the "r" word. That's not a thing. Retard is not on a list of words you cannot say. It means that someone is slow. In French, en retard means you're arriving late. Anybody can be slow. It doesn't mean autistic, we don't use it to target people with specific mental illness, leave the word retard the fuck alone.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:02 pm

In post 406, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 393, Titus wrote:I buy that. Just keep it civil, so will I. That includes not using the r word to insult. Thanks.

There is no the "r" word. That's not a thing. Retard is not on a list of words you cannot say. It means that someone is slow. In French, en retard means you're arriving late. Anybody can be slow. It doesn't mean autistic, we don't use it to target people with specific mental illness, leave the word retard the fuck alone.
How about we just don't use ad hominem attacks?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:03 pm

@mastina,

I just got contacted by my hydra partner. If all goes according to plan I will be hydraing with Suzune. Name yet to be picked.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:05 pm

In post 407, LicketyQuickety wrote:

I wasn't. In one game I used it in a neutral way eg: "it would be retarded for me to vote that way" and she went on this rampage, campaigning against me like I summoned the devil.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:07 pm

The word retard is funny, direct, and sees many uses. I will never give that up to the PC police. The kids will just start making up new words to insult things, like cuck.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:09 pm

In post 409, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 407, LicketyQuickety wrote:

I wasn't. In one game I used it in a neutral way eg: "it would be retarded for me to vote that way" and she went on this rampage, campaigning against me like I summoned the devil.
Well if you want to call yourself a retard that is one thing, but when you start to call other people by ad hominem attacks is a completely different ball game. Just because you call yourself an ad hominem doesn't give you justification to do it to other people.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:18 pm

When you think about discrimination against a group, you think, would the group you think the word targets be able to use that word with each other? Asians use gook against ourselves for fun, gays use faggot, etc.

Nobody can legitimately use retard. It's not claimed by any group. No one belonging to any organization can say, "thats what people use to describe me, now I can take that word back for my own uses, because its been established that no one can use that word but me without consequences."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:24 pm

I never actually put any thought into this until Titus said something which set me off onto a new path lol

This has become personal to me now.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by RachMarie »

As someone who spent many years in school PROVING to other students, parents, teachers, and others, that I was most definitely not retarded, I will admit it is a word that still is a hot button for me. Yes I have cranio-facial anomalies, that make me LOOK a bit like I have Down's Syndrome, but I am quite the opposite of a 70 IQ or below. Yes I am 80% deaf and 70% blind, and have other disabilities, but there is NOTHING wrong with my intelligence.

So yeah I can understand someone having an issue with the word, ABR.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by davesaz »

Umm, I have a nephew whose mental capacity is at about a 10yo level, actual age in his 20's. Used to have a neighbor with Down's. And I used to get called it all the time despite being genius level IQ just because I was "weird". Don't assume there is nobody in a crowd who might be offended.

Some usages of the word are ok "this situation is retarded", other usages are not. I was a moderator on another site which used a bad word file, that was one of the words on the list. We couldn't use the correct term for adjusting timing later on a car with a traditional distributor. We also couldn't use the term for a hole in someone's armor. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

huh

17 pages sign up thread

this game is going to explode the uncontested boundaries of mafia scum
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by RAM »

ABR, is there any particular reason why you would choose to be antagonistic, when there are synonyms you could use instead, ones which no one has asked you to refrain from using?
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by RAM »

In post 417, RAM wrote:ABR, is there any particular reason why you would choose to be antagonistic, when there are synonyms you could use instead, ones which no one has asked you to refrain from using?
-Cerb

:P
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

to force replace others when they start attacking him for his toxicity ! :D

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Go to 6:35.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 231, House wrote:
In post 201, Bins wrote: In larges make sure you try to make one large post versus 10 little ones. I know how hard that can be (seriously, I'm the worst) but if I put effort into avoiding it I cut like 3 pages off the game just from me alone LOL
Ugh.

I'll take ten small posts over a wall any day.

Wall posts are a pain in the ass to respond to (especially mobile), and missing parts of a post in a response due to wading through tons of crap can be painted as scummy when it's not
I fukkin' hate wallposts, especially if they're directed at several different players.

It takes forever for me to clean up the wall and pick out the questions directed just to me to answer.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by RAM »

Nahdia, EP, I'm sorry, you both signed up with the wrong hydra, barring reason to belief he's a mason I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try to get ABR lynched ASAP.

Just sayin yo.

-Cerb

pedit: oh god KC is even doing her catch up posts stuff on this thread too. lol.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by dramonic »

Oh, is this UNIMUM 2.0?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 422, RAM wrote:pedit: oh god KC is even doing her catch up posts stuff on this thread too. lol.
:facepalm: :lol:

I love you Kling

Return to “Completed Signups”