Are SKs Played Wrong?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Taly »

The first game I completed on the site was a Micro where I won as an SK.
There were 2 Scum, 2 SK, and 5 Townies. It was heavily stacked against Townies IMO, even though 4 of them were PRs.

The 2 Mafia bussed each other D1. 1 was lynched, the other was NKed.

It's not too difficult to play an SK. You have to be risky with how you interact, and who you off.

Best Playstyle as SK (In my experience):
Play for Town because you cannot risk being NKed or being endgamed. But, eliminate people who has a good case against you. Be a bit scummy, and don't be too obvious or contrived.

Be adaptable, because you're the neutral-party between two factions. People's playstyle and reads effect you greatly.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Taly »

In post 28, Inferno390 wrote:@Taly: So in that case, should SK be played closer to an alignment-changing role?
Yes - at least that's how I'd play one, but not quickly or too much, because that would bring too high of a risk of being lynched or NKed.

You want to be as in the middle of town-oriented and scum-oriented without getting caught, which relies on the playstyle of the other players at times. That's why being SK, and often 3rd party alignments, are tricky... Which makes strategy for these roles to be difficult and fluid.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage

Return to “Mafia Discussion”