Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 725, Mathdino wrote:- Figure out why EpicMafia and Town of Salem draw people (conclusion was that they're both more fun-oriented than competition-oriented)
Not sure if this helps but I figured I'd tell my own story how I got here. I played 2 or 3 mafia style games on a non-mafia site (it was a forum for Team Fortress 2). I really loved playing those games so I decided to search out another place to play them. The 2 sites I found and signed up for were MafiaScum and EpicMafia. For the life of me I could not figure out how to join a game of mafia on Epic mafia, but was able to very easily here (there are directions, and the forum is setup in a way that makes sense). I recently signed up for Town Of Salem to check it out and ALMOST ran out of there with my head spinning. While it was easy enough to get started, the default forum settings are INCREDIBLY off-putting. The avatars and signatures are all different sizes, some of them being so enormous, any time that user made a post it took up the entire page! I was able to turn both of those off in the settings, but I really like looking at an avatar to help put a face to the name.

In short I would love an update, but there are some things I would not want changed about mafiascum.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 781, RadiantCowbells wrote:Want to point out our issue isn't getting people to come it's getting them to stay
Are we seeing lots of people leave during their newbie games? Or do they sign up but never play?

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Again, I'm not sure where the retention problem is, but perhaps after newbie games are over maybe we can "invite" them to other queues/games or at least give them a TLDR of what they can expect from other types of games.

Games played.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”