Should every game have a day lurker vig?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

On the one hand the players who triple-prod -> replace-out of games are probably a small identifiable group that could just theoretically be barred at the signups step, where ingame mechanics don't need to make any compromises to.
On the other hand mafiascum leadership has always opposed collective blacklisting/public blacklisting for understandable reasons.

Back in the good ol' days I seem to remember lots of players who would actually post every single day and nothing they ever said even feigned being alignment indicative so you just have to lynch them or not lynch them whatever. I don't see that nowadays, so that at least is nice I guess.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

My understanding is that if you made a thread listing all the players on the site and their prod/replace history so people could use it to reject /in's the site mods would be against that and lock/delete it, no matter how objective it was, although I like the idea of such a thread.
Last edited by popsofctown on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 11, Something_Smart wrote:Sort of, yeah. Have a rule that players signing up who have been replaced for activity more than once in the past year will be rejected (or something to that effect). You wouldn't have to keep a running list, pops, you could just check people on a case-by-case basis.
It seems like it would take a very long time per user to obtain this info.

And this info doesn't help with players like <redacted>, who slowly post less and less, get prodded once or twice, then take the prod as a sign they didn't care about their commitment in the first place, and request a replace out, and therefore were not "replaced for inactivity"

That's why I think a prod tally is needed. Lots of generally active players get a prod here and there though, so you need the full extent of the data to get an accurate picture.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”