The Root of Toxicity in Mafia Games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 115, RadiantCowbells wrote:I have a policy of PLing anyone who hard defends scum bc I think it's just correct play and I don't think that's solely because I'm playing to future wincondition

I think giving scum the ability to defend each other and get away with it is bad for town and removing town that have really bad reads increases towns unity and chance of winning anyway
This makes so much sense now.
In post 125, RadiantCowbells wrote:The easiest way to be good is to keep your ability in perspective
I don’t think this is true as a general principle. It does make people more pleasant to play with, in my experience.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

How does keeping your own ability in perspective make you personally better at lynching scum, RC?

Edit: I mean this as like the theoretical General you, not you the person RC
I am asking for my own benefit lol
Last edited by gobbledygook on Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Do you think win/loss records and the quantification of “good play” leads to more toxicity?

I think to truly answer this question you need to define what is toxicity. Is toxicity being right/wrong, or is it a personality clash? I personally think toxicity has a bit of being right/wrong, but in general weighs more heavily on being a personality issue.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”