The Root of Toxicity in Mafia Games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Krazy »

Realistically speaking a lot of these concerns are tied to setup philosophy. Ranked games need an agreed upon setup. It's also hard to do ranked in a forum because the pace is so slow and replacements so frequent. How would you calculate rank with a replaced player?

Toxicity is also separated by tilt, aggression, and the fundamentals of forum based communication. To say that mafia toxicity comes from the game requires showing that player toxicity in games is greater than the toxicity in forums generally, but I feel like people get banned from the normal talk forums frequently as well. In reality a lot of people are more toxic in a forum setting regardless of what they are doing there.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Krazy »

Probably too much to get everyone to vote on every player. But maybe people could do accolades to reward positive behavior.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Krazy »

I mean the thread is about toxicity and over-valuing "winrate" is a frequent characteristic of toxic players.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

I think toxicity is also directly tied to saying literally anything other than "gg" when a game is over
vote conspiracy

Return to “Mafia Discussion”