Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 48, petapan wrote:
White Knght
26/07/21 petapan Dannflor Not Quite Normal Multiball Replacing into a slot that had not only faked a scumslip but fakeclaimed a role that did not fit the setup, Dannflor amended the claim to his true role, vanilla townie, and seemed resigned to dying as his slot was being run up, only to post so hard and so townie that enough people started having doubts and decided to give him time, with him becoming a top townread of the masonry that took charge of the game. This lead to a turnaround into a day 1 scum elimination, and continuing from there, with Dannflor staying alive to endgame. Truly an impressive turnaround for a slot most would have written off as doomed.
I 2nd this.

The original slot had enough missteps to rack up 10 votes (e-2) in the first 3 hours of the game, and the people not hammering were holding back specifically just to give us time to talk before the elim.

Dann did wonders for that slot
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Ythan »

Impressive.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

White Knght
26/07/21 petapan Dannflor Not Quite Normal Multiball Replacing into a slot that had not only faked a scumslip but fakeclaimed a role that did not fit the setup, Dannflor amended the claim to his true role, vanilla townie, and seemed resigned to dying as his slot was being run up, only to post so hard and so townie that enough people started having doubts and decided to give him time, with him becoming a top townread of the masonry that took charge of the game. This lead to a turnaround into a day 1 scum elimination, and continuing from there, with Dannflor staying alive to endgame. Truly an impressive turnaround for a slot most would have written off as doomed.
nth Dannflor for White Knight. It was a stunning turnaround of the slot.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Kazyan »

Nth for Dannflor!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:02 am

Post by T3 »

White Knght
nth :oops:
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:06 am

Post by T3 »

I destroyed my slot and was very surprised when Dannflor survived.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

also someone nominate cabd for that game, they absolutely carried it and it would have been a dumpster fire otherwise. (and it still was from my POV) ;-;
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 56, DkKoba wrote:also someone nominate cabd for that game, they absolutely carried it and it would have been a dumpster fire otherwise. (and it still was from my POV) ;-;
This is spayhalf erasure.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 57, Cabd wrote:
In post 56, DkKoba wrote:also someone nominate cabd for that game, they absolutely carried it and it would have been a dumpster fire otherwise. (and it still was from my POV) ;-;
This is spayhalf erasure.
they got carried too sory, not doing it myself because you poe'd me and caused me grief :good: :good: :good:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:56 pm

Post by mastina »

White Knght
27/07/21 mastina Dannflor Not Quite Normal Multiball As far as replacements go, you literally cannot do better than this. Replace into a slot everyone was writing off as the automatic D1 elimination, near-universally scumread. And by the end of the day, become reasonably townread by the majority of the players, and end up living to see scum dead and help the town achieve a perfect game. Dannflor was everything a replacement should be and then some.

Moment of Brilliance
27/07/21 mastina morph the cat, Celestial Powerhouse, PookyTheMagicalBear, unwnd (maybe a fifth here?) Not Quite Normal Multiball Game was a perfect town win--no town players were eliminated during the day, and a grand total of two town players died in the game. One, due to a strongman kill (they would not have died without the strongman kill which the town could not prevent), and the other being due to the town not being able to stop both kills (but still managing to stop one scum kill). Both vig shots hit scum; all eliminations hit scum; most scum kills were prevented. It literally could not have been more perfect a towngame.

However, the players I am nominating are the players I saw as the very core of this effort. morph basically nailed every scum in the game, and Celestial Powerhouse shared in that. Pooky and unwnd were both great in the majority of their reads and pushes and these four slots were the slots I would say were most influential towards the win and thus the slots most worthy of the award.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I guess they were a powerhouse then, huh?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Noraa »

NTH DANNFLOR!!!!!
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by T3 »

I really fucked up that game lol
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Ythan »

Nth Dann can't believe I couldn't get him mislimmed.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LUL
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Kodak Moment
02/09/21 Lukewarm borkjerfkin, Annie Edison, Dunnstral, Here There Be Dragons, Lukewarm, ManateeGal, PookyTheMagicalBear, Snarky Fishes, unwnd Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over This was a TENSE game. But there was this one night where it all fell away, and became lighthearted and silly.

A couple players started pretending to be pirates. And suddenly half the lobby was on, and the game kind of fell away as people stopped to photo shop pirate hats / flags / eye patches onto their avatars. With some even taking time to edit pictures for other people or to help one another hunt down pirate themed to photoshop a picture to use. In the end even the mod joined in with the 8 players who all changed their avatar.

And that is when the sea shanties started :lol: :lol:

I nominated everyone who took part in the pirate themed avatar night, which I know pushes it over the 5. But I think that just means it won't come with a banner if it wins, which I am okay with. If I had to limit it, I would probably pare it down to bork, pooky, annie, and Here there be dragons.

Bork, because I find it hilarious that the mod changed his profile pic along side the players.

HTBD and Annie were the ones who started the "pretend to be pirates" dialogue, and then Annie and Pooky were the ones getting avatars for other people, not just themselves.

Interestingly, now that I am looking back from the post game, I am realizing that it was the scum team (pooky+annie+htbd) that was the driving force behind it all :lol:
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 65, Lukewarm wrote:Interestingly, now that I am looking back from the post game, I am realizing that it was the scum team (pooky+annie+htbd) that was the driving force behind it all

<_<
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

The Best Pirate Krew Ever Assembled.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Paperback Writer
10/18/2021 PookyTheMagicalBear Ydrasse Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension

I am so happy that I got a chance to participate in this game.
Ydrasse created an entirely new world, a new story and a new dance format that was wholly of her own imagination.

Good writing has the ability to transport us into a story that comes alive.
Her writing is more than good - it grabs ahold of you and does not let go.
The tension in each moment is layered perfectly with the dance to create suspense and thrills that creep down your spine.
You read on and can't help but feel each triumph and defeat as vividly as if the stakes are real.

Good writing creates worlds that we would like to visit,
Heroes and Villains whom we might like to be,
Ydrasse made the characters in her story come to life,
She gave us a world to dance in and it was beautiful to behold.

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:03 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 68, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Paperback Writer
10/18/2021 PookyTheMagicalBear Ydrasse Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension

I am so happy that I got a chance to participate in this game.
Ydrasse created an entirely new world, a new story and a new dance format that was wholly of her own imagination.

Good writing has the ability to transport us into a story that comes alive.
Her writing is more than good - it grabs ahold of you and does not let go.
The tension in each moment is layered perfectly with the dance to create suspense and thrills that creep down your spine.
You read on and can't help but feel each triumph and defeat as vividly as if the stakes are real.

Good writing creates worlds that we would like to visit,
Heroes and Villains whom we might like to be,
Ydrasse made the characters in her story come to life,
She gave us a world to dance in and it was beautiful to behold.

nth

Probably the best dance game I’ve ever played. I really like that there weren’t any restrictions on who could do the proposing. And I 100% agree with Pooky that Ydrasse innovatively reinvented the setup in a unique and fun way.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

nth Chromatic Ascension
even though I got yeeted quickly I could tell how much love Ydrasse put into that game
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance (Best Performance: Town)
26/10/21 mastina Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, Romance (alt of Ydrasse) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Mafia Basically the entirety of the town this game performed exceptionally well and literally all of them basically contributed heavily to the town win, but these three slots are the slots I would attribute the win the most to. The scum were not playing poorly; they actually played quite well. But between Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, and Romance, the scumteam as a whole was fairly boxed in mechanically and also by flavor. They were left with very little wiggle room and without the breakthroughs of Sakura Hana and Romance, and without the extensive flavor knowledge of Toogeloo, combined with pressuring the right slots (not to mention, a guilty from Romance certainly helped), they are the slots that I would say MOST won the game for the town and were MOST irreplaceable. While everyone contributed to the win, I don't think any other players could have contributed as much as Toogeloo, Romance, and Sakura Hana did.

But the whole town did in fact earn it. Again, it wasn't the scum playing incredibly poorly. They planned extensively (the scum PT is literally 60 pages long to give you an idea of how much time and effort they put into planning), they did fairly well to maneuver by play to be largely untouched for the majority of the game, and they even were in positions each day where (aside from the guiltied/first dead scum and the final dead scum) it genuinely looked like they could live.

...Except, by the work of Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, and Romance...they
couldn't
live.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Hey everyone!

I've been doing a poor job updating things here, but as my schedule opens up (finally) I intend to get back to my duties on site, this thread being one of them.

I've got all the nominations to date updated in the OPs now, so you should go check them out
to make sure I didn't screw anything up or forget your nom

Looks like we're low on nominations, with many categories only holding 1 nomination...or less. And I know there's been nom worthy things going on this year!

Pay special attention to Don Corleone, Modfather, Rube Goldberg, Hannibal Lecter, Game of the Year, and Community Contributor, all of which have 0 nominations. Also of note are Paragon of Scumhunting, Mad Scientist, and Rising Star, which currently only have 1 nomination each.

I know a lot of these are Body of Work awards, but it's getting to be late in the year, so now is the time to consider these awards!

Thanks to everyone who has submitted nominations so far this year, and special thanks to mastina, SirCakes, and DkKoba who have all submitted more than one nomination already, helping this site tradition remain in place.

Looking forward to your noms! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I can't remember the last time someone even *played* as a 3rd party.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 73, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I can't remember the last time someone even *played* as a 3rd party.
I think that says something about the direction Mafia is going on the site (not a criticism). We have noted a steady decline in nominations in that category in recent years and it's definitely because there are simply fewer games with third parties involved, and quite often those which contain them are considered less serious games (Grand Idea for example).

I'm a big fan of 3p and I really hope this changes, but I have not been around enough this year to do anything about it myself. I'd love to see 3p roles included in more games though! They used to be such a standard and they have so much potential!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”